PDA

View Full Version : Saga Exclusive Sandcrawler and Ultimate Bounty Imperial for pre-order at Brian's Toys

Amy
03-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Just got an e-mail telling me the saga sandcrawler just went up for pre-order for...'gulp'..$99.00!:eek: I sure as hell hope I can get this bad boy cheaper then this(depends on if I can find it in stores).

Just thought I'd pass it along.

We have just posted our latest Newsletter #195 Visit our Newsletter at http://www.brianstoys.com/NL/

The following items just in.

AOTC Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony C-9
Price: $14.99
AOTC Carded Darth Tyranus (Geonesian Escape)
AOTC Carded Mace Windu Areana Confrontation C-9
AOTC Carded Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ackley Battle)
Price: $9.99
AOTC R2D2 Droid Factory Flight C-9

ATTAKUS
POTF2 Attakus Collection Emperor's Royal Guard
Price: $299.99
POTF2 Attakus Collection Stormtrooper
Price: $399.99
POTF2 Attakus Collection Han Solo Carbonite
Price: $234.99

Episode I Life-Size Watto
(mint and still in its original shipping carton)
This item is an Episode 1 life size item of Watto. It is mint and still in its original shipping carton.
Shipping will be $200 within the continental U. S.
Price: $999.99

Saga Vehicle TIE Bomber C-9 Will Be In Stock This Week
Price: $44.99 Domestic Shipping $8.00
Saga Vehicle Imperial Shuttle C-9 Will Be In Stock This Week Domestic Shipping $15 by UPS/FedEx Ground Price: $149.99

Pre-Order these Great Saga Items Today!!!
Saga ROTJ 12" Boxed Gamorrean Guard C-9
Pre-Order Shipping $6
Shipping in April
Price: $59.99

Saga Ultimate Bounty Imperial 4 Pack
PRE-ORDER Shipping $6
(shipping in spring 2003)
Price: $34.99

Saga Master Replicas Darth Vader FX Saber
PRE-ORDER- Domestic Shipping $8 by UPS/FedEx Ground
Price: $139.99

Saga Exclusive Vehicle Boxed Sandcrawler C-9 - PRE-ORDER Shipping $8
Price: $99.99

G.I. Joe Vs. Cobra Vehicles Sky Sweeper Jet
Price: $19.99

Exclusive 2003 Clear Zartan - IN STOCK
Price: $39.99

2002 Limited Edition Mademoiselle Marie Gift Set (Limited to 3500 units)
Price: $119.99

Transformers NECA Head Knockers Megatron MIB C-8/9
Price: $12.99
Transformers NECA Head Knockers Optimus Prime MIB C-8/9
Price: $12.99

Also Availible at Brian's Cars A complete set of 113 vintage red lines in the original blister packs! We currently have the world's largest selection of Red Line BPs for sale, with nearly 200 available. http://www.brianscars.com

Visit our Newsletter for these listed toys at http://www.brianstoys.com/NL/
Many More Star Wars, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and HeMan Toys at our Webstore.
Visit our Webstore at http://www.brianstoys.com

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Ouch :(

Well, considering they usually have a mark-up of around 80% above retail, I think I'll wait for Wal*Mart or TRU to pick this one up.

Amy
03-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Ouch :(

Well, considering they usually have a mark-up of around 80% above retail, I think I'll wait for Wal*Mart or TRU to pick this one up.

No joke! But IF I cant find them in stores after a few months of release, I will have to get it for that price, because I MUST HAVE ONE.:o

LTBasker
03-22-2003, 06:50 PM
And this is coming from the place who used Paint to recolor pauldrons on Deluxe Sandtrooper figs so they would have their own exclusive pic of the Sandtrooper 4-pack. :crazed:

The sandcrawler price hasn't been confirmed, and they pushed the Shuttle price up to $30 more, yeesh.

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
[B]And this is coming from the place who used Paint to recolor pauldrons on Deluxe Sandtrooper figs so they would have their own excluive pic of the Sandtrooper 4-pack. :crazed:

Those DIRTY DOGS!

I had no idea they did that.

If I pre-order from any e-tailer(s) it's PlanetActionFigure.com or NewForceComics.com. PAF is a little higher, but no where near Brian's Toys prices.

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Amy --- a great place for exclusives is YESTERTOYS.COM. I got the POTJ TIE BOMBER there (Non mint) for $32 dollars. (Which was a mere two dollars over retail.) (This does not include shipping, but it was reasonable.) And it arrived in great shape.

I'm going to take a positive spin on this whole thing -- and hope that Brian Toys knows something more solid than we do about this toy. As far as a release date? :D

And I have to admit that whoever snags this puppy will definitely have me over a barrel as it is my dream toy! That said -- I genuinely think it will retail for about $60. Which frankly seems to me about right. It really is going to be cool! I can't wait.

But have been for far too long.:evil:

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Here's a nifty retro packaging shot. :eek: Woo Hoo! I sure as heck am more than ready to have my comtech Jawa happily behind the wheel of mine --- prowling the "funland" wastes of my apartment looking for pesky lost and wayward droids . . .

***Special thanks to Could City Collectibles for this shot.

Amy
03-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Thats a GREAT picture Mark:) I'm pretty pleased with the prices of the OLDER stuff from BT, but the newer stuff is a bit high.:frus:

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 07:47 PM
The only sad part is seeing how Hasbro used to hold R5-D4 is such high esteem! They practically have him driving the Sandcrawler . . . .:rolleyes:

Nowadays they treat him like Bantha Fodder and we will probably never ever get a decent version of this CRUCIAL droid. :cry: C'mon, Hasbro! The whole OT would have ended realy quick had "The Force" not intervened by blowing poor R5's motivator. Why no love, Hasbro? Why no love? :confused:

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry, but do you think that kenner could have made that thing any smaller, what a crappy toy. The new one will be just as cheap, while the GI-Joe line gets a huge rehash playset we get this tiny hunk of crap. The box will be worth more than the toy. That just my 2 cents, don't get dent. :D

Amy
03-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Well I myself am very pleased with the size. Its just big enough to do with me, and not so small for me to notice really. It could be bigger yeah, but thats money and room safed when this size looks ok with the figures. Just MHO.:D

jedihunter25
03-22-2003, 10:52 PM
$59.99 for the 12" Gamorrean Guard????? Sounds like Brians smoking crack!!!

Prince Xizor
03-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Brian is a moron. Why would anybody in their right mind buy anything from this guy?

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 12:03 AM
$99.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:crazed: E-gads, I will wait to find it in the stores. It is a must have but I don't need to pre-order it. I hope it is cheaper in stores.

Banthaholic
03-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Prince Xizor, why would you call a sponsor of this page a moron, highly inapropriate IMO

Any 'moron' might realize when you preorder an item you'll be paying a few $'s more to be the first kid on the block to own one.

Amy
03-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Amy, glad size doesn't matter to you. ;-) Seriously though, it's good to see females into Star Wars collecting. I thought it was a male dominated hobby. Maybe someday you'll marry a fellow collector and combine collections. :-)

LOL!!!:D Yeah that would be cool but knowing my luck I'll end up with a Hamtaro collector:stupid:.

And as I said, I like Brian's toys. My pappy(dad) sent my money order to them ealier this week, and they already e-mailed me with the tracking code and say it will ship monday. Alot of you dont know this, but most of my collection had to be sold for personal reasons, so I'm slowly trying to re-bulid.

They have POTF2,POTJ,E1, and tons more of great figures really cheap, and they are very frindly. I will be making my shuttle purchase there later, as well as ALL of my collection.

QLD
03-23-2003, 12:37 AM
I like Brian's Toys. My experiences with them were all fantastic. Their customer service was top notch.

They may have extreme prices on some things, but on other things he has good prices. I just don't buy the overpriced items.

Amy
03-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Yup, that all a person needs to do to avoid the high priced items, dont buy em:p .

mark2d2
03-23-2003, 02:19 AM
AMY! Egads, Girl! Your location is hilariously OBNOXIOUS!

"On a chain, in Jabba's Palace."

Better watch out or you'll soon have every fan boy -- except the likes of me -- totally all worked up into a lather . . . . ;)

jjreason
03-23-2003, 02:22 AM
That IS quite funny, by the way.

I was hoping they'd upsize the crawler a little, I had a vintage one as a kid and it was cool, but never really did the movie vehicle the justice it deserves. 25 percent bigger, with a more developed interior would be perfect, and we can't forget the exclusive droid pack in. Gotta be there after the shuttle didn't have any. Electonic headlights would be a nice finishing touch to, but I doubt we'll see that.

Lewis
03-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
AMY! Egads, Girl! Your location is hilariously OBNOXIOUS!

"On a chain, in Jabba's Palace."

Better watch out or you'll soon have every fan boy -- except the likes of me -- totally all worked up into a lather . . . . ;)
Oh yeah... you better believe it LOL :p :)

Old Fossil
03-23-2003, 10:29 AM
["Stay on topic, stay on topic..."]

A smaller Sandcrawler is better than no Sandcrawler, though no Sandcrawer is what I'll surely have if I can't get it for less than $50-$60.

I agree with mark2d2 -- R5-D4 should have a place of honour among Hasbro's figure makers. Why we've gotten R4-M9, R2-Q5, R2-B1, R3-T7, and a half dozen R2-D2 sculpts, and still no decent R5-D4 (the POTF2 monstrosity doesn't count), is a great mystery to me.:confused:

Turbowars
03-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
$59.99 for the 12" Gamorrean Guard????? Sounds like Brians smoking crack!!! Not only is he on crack, but he's a scalper on CRACK

Turbowars
03-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
Prince Xizor, why would you call a sponsor of this page a moron, highly inapropriate IMO
So just because Brian is a sponsor to this site, it means we have to kiss his behind? He is a sponsor for one reason, to sell highly prices items to people that don't care about spending $ or don't know any better.

posted by Banthaholic Any 'moron' might realize when you preorder an item you'll be paying a few $'s more to be the first kid on the block to own one. This may be true, but it's not a matter of a few bucks, it's more like 30%-40%.

mark2d2
03-23-2003, 12:59 PM
What REALLY annoys me about R5-D4 is that nobody at any of these blasted internet sites even so much as bothered to ask about the long ignored red and white droid --- even though they pretty much all had Q & A sessions with Hasbro!

Frankly, I kinda feel let down that nobody even brought poor R5-D4 up. :eek:

Again, I just don't get why Hasbro doesn't redo this tragic monstrosity? Apparently, they just LOVE resculpts on EVERYONE else. Maybe they're holding back because R5-D4 actually --- I don't know --- needs it? I simply do not know. All I can say is that my patience is at an end ---- and has been for a long, long time.

Back to the Sandcrawler --- size just isn't an issue for me. I've ALWAYS wanted this toy. The original Kenner mold was way ahead of it's time --- just check out all the sculpted details on the outer skin of this ship. A new paint job is fine with me. And this new Deco looks totally amazing. Amazing. I'm just glad Hasbro didn't go ahead and ruin things --- by turning it into a carrying case or something lame this time around.

Jargo
03-23-2003, 03:23 PM
R2DTOYS.COM now reckons wave three of star tours ships in April so R5 may yet see the light of day. I'm not holding my breath because until I see it offered for actual order or get the R2DTOYS newsletter telling me i can pre-order because they're due to ship I won't believe it. But I suppose touching a piece of wood can't hurt.
Personaly I think the price at BT is a little erm, optimistic to say the least, but I suppose without actually knowing what the retail price on it will be they had to set it somewhere. Higher is better because if the retail is lower they can lower the price to a more realistic level and give those who ordered a little cash relief. but setting it low and then having to tell people "sorry folks, price went up" isn't going to go down well.
Again though, I'll wait for more solid news of the sandcrawler than a vague pre-order listing. And I thought Hasbro said they were still trying to find a retailer to take it? So it's not even a definite that it's coming this year.
All too vague for me.