PDA

View Full Version : Any Phoenix, Az collectors out there?

ImperialSRH
03-23-2003, 12:37 AM
One of the main reasons im posting this is because im pretty much just frustrated and fed up. Of course this doesn't mean I will stop collecting star wars but i just want to see if any one has had any luck finding the newest star wars figures. Right now the latest figures I have found are Lama Su with clone boy, Barris Offee, and Aayla Secure. I did see the blond haired variant of the imperial officer but the bubble was pretty crushed. Now this was about 3 and a half weeks ago. I have yet to find Obi wan acklay battle, Darth Tyrannus, Boba Fett carkoon, R2 with rocket boosters, total control Mace, and ceremony Anakin. Now when I did find lama su and the other two that was the one and only time I did see them at any stores. I have searched high and low across phoenix, mainly the west side and some times the east. It has just been so dry at wal-marts, targets and especially toys r us. There just a joke. Last thing I found there was the 12inch Leia in boussh disguise. I keep hearing about how rare and hard to find Ephant mon has become. I myself have seen the same scalpers at the stores every morning and they always grab every single ephant mon. Do they have no shame. Well of course not there scalpers. Im lucky to own 2 Ephant Mon's, and im happy with that. Well if there are any phoenix collectors out there I'd be happy to hear from you. Happy hunting and May the Force be with you.

BountyHunter76
03-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Hi ImperialSRH,

I completely agree with you. I've had some seriously bad luck lately finding figures out here. From what I understand, most of the phx area collectors find better luck in the Mesa/Tempe area, as well as Paradise Valley. Phoenix seems to be either under a dry spell with these figures or under the largest wave of early-bird collectors (and scalpers) I've ever seen. Good Luck to you though. Those are some great finds you have there. I'm still looking for all of those myself.

ImperialSRH
03-23-2003, 07:52 PM
If you happen to run into any new figures, let me know. I'll do the same maybe we can do some trading or what not. I'll keep ya posted on what stores I find the new figs at. Thats if I can get my hands on them. Good Luck.

BountyHunter76
03-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Sounds good. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Just checked a Kmart today that used to be gold mine for me (found a bloody wrist variant Luke there a while back), but alas, no luck. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. Happy Hunting & Good Luck.:)

ImperialSRH
03-25-2003, 11:28 AM
I hit the 59th ave and bell walmart this morning and the only thing they got in were the new action fleet vehicles. 2 each of slave 1, republic gunship, and republic cruiser. Pretty nice ships and the packaging has been redone. I also went to 19th ave and bethany home walmart, 83rd ave and bell target and 91st ave and northern target and of course they had nothing. Well maybe tomorrow.

gsr-jedi
03-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Hey ImperialSRH, there's actually another topic for Phoenix area collectors, but with the lack of new stuff recently it's been pretty dead. I'm an east valley collector myself, but my job takes me all over. So far, I've found a Obi-Wan AB, Darth Tyranus GE (found those at the Wal-Mart on Chaparral); Eeth Koth & the Analysis Droids (at Target on Arizona Ave. & Warner in Chandler); and just last Friday I found Padme, Tusken Raider, Teebo, Rebel Trooper, and Imperial Officer (Target on Alma School & Queen Creek in Ocotillo). You're right about TRU, they haven't had crap in except the 12 inch figs. Last year, everything was easy to find until Ephant Mon. Things will more than likely clear up after stores start to move some of the old figures. They need to put them on clearance.

Just wanted to add that I've also found the Anakin and Dooku speeder bikes at a couple of Targets in the East Valley

ImperialSRH
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey well its good to hear that a fellow collector is actually finding some kind of new star wars product. Your lucky to have found the new darth tyrannus and obi wan. I haven't even seen those down here in the west valley at all. I also haven't seen the anakin and dooku speeders but I have heard of them being found in the east valley like you did. You know it scares me to think of how hard it is to find new product because we have some nice exclusives coming to us this year. For instance the Jawa sandcrawler which is gonna be just awesome. Also the 12inch versions of the Max Rebo band. Now I know everyone will be clamoring for those. I hope hasbro gets a step up on production and shipping and I hope to god the stores get there act together soon! Well I'll keep all you guys up to date on what I find. Good Luck, and may the force be with you.

gsr-jedi
03-26-2003, 10:28 PM
What SW products do you buy? Unleashed, Action Fleet, Basic Figures, 12"? What other lines do you collect? I ask cause I'll keep my eyes open if I find anything.

Happy Hunting

ImperialSRH
03-27-2003, 06:01 PM
I mainly collect the basic action figures. I sometimes collect the deluxe but only if there cool like the clone trooper with speeder bike and the geonosian warrior. I also collect the 12inch figures but only certain ones. I tend to stay away from the action fleet because its just more money to spend. I'm not saying there not awesome looking ships because they are. I just can't buy everything hasbro puts out. I was also interested in getting the new unleashed vader, leia, luke and emperor.

gsr-jedi
03-27-2003, 09:23 PM
That new Unleashed Leia I'm sure will be hard to find. If the first place I see it is KB, I might have to actually buy it there

ImperialSRH
03-31-2003, 06:21 PM
There is absolutley nothing out in the stores. The only thing I've seen thats remotely new is the dooku speeder bike and there was no anakin. That was at target on 83rd and bell. I personally think hasbro is just waiting out the months. I think they don't want to release new product so fast because they have 2 more years till episode 3. I dont know what there deal is.

IG-808
04-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Hello Fellow AZ collectors,
I just joined this forum and this is my first read and post. So I though I would chime in and say whats up to everyone in AZ. I too feel all your pain in not being able to find anything new. Ever since the Saga line has come out I have not been that into collecting because there was just too much that initally came out. So I only pick up a few figures here and there. I think the last new Saga figure I picked up was the Padme Coruscant Attack figure. It is like anything new that comes out just vanishes into thin air here in the desert. Although if I do want to see some of the new figures for at least double the price I will go to the Brass Armadillo antique store and usually someone there has all the newer figures. Was just there yesterday and saw Teebo, Ephont Man, The Library Droids as well as others. I have NEVER seen any of these figures in an actual store. Makes me soo frustrated. It is almost like AZ is just being skipped over during shippments or something. I had troubles like this towards the end of the POTJ line also. Well I just wanted to let you guys know your not the only ones having a hard time. If I EVER see anything new I will be sure to post here.

Bob

ImperialSRH
04-01-2003, 06:23 PM
It's good to have you on IG-808. I just don't know whats going on with the shipping of the new figures. Your right about the Brass Armadillo. You can pretty much always find someone with the new figures. I usually try not to go there to much to buy anything I just go and look so I can get a good idea of whats out there. What stores do you frequently go to?

IG-808
04-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Yeah I don't buy anything at the Brass Armadillo either, just to look. The 2 stores I frequent most often are Toys'R'Us on Southern and Dobson by Fiesta Mall and Target on McClintock and Baseline. I go to a few other Targets and TRU's every now and then. I stay away from Wal*Marts unless I am really bored. I just can't stand being in those stores, they are such a mess. In the past week I have been to the TRU on Power road, they had nothing. Also the TRU near Metro Mall had nothing either. Me and my GF used to love to drive around town and hit all the TRU's and Targets in the Valley looking for figures until stuff stopped showing up. I also hit the Tucson TRU's and Targets whenever we are down there visiting family.

Bob

ImperialSRH
04-01-2003, 11:48 PM
I mainly go to Targets and toys r us. I sometimes go to wal-marts and I hardly ever go to kmarts. There just a lost cause. The stores I hit frequently are Target on 7th street and bell, 83rd and bell, and 43rd and peoria. The toys r us stores I hit are metro center and arrowhead mall. I've heard that the stores down in Tucson can be goldmines sometimes. Is that true? I've heard it from a few collectors. I just hardly ever go down to tucson. I use to also love to go to every store i could in one day but now its just gotten so dry, I just hit maybe 4 stores on the weekend and 1 or 2 during the week. Hopefully the new month will bring us some bounties. I'll keep everybody up to date with what I find if anything.

IG-808
04-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Not too sure about the Tucson stores as I only go one or twice every few months or so. I have never had a great find there when I have looked though. So if they are goldmines then they are only to the people that live closer. Somtimes I have the best luck when me and my GF go to Disneyland every so often, Disneyland sometimes has some good finds as well as some of the TRU's on the way there, but again those too have been dry the last few times I have been through there. Speaking of Disneyland if any of my fellow AZ collectors need any of the Star Tours figures I will be sure to pick up some the next time I am over there.

ImperialSRH
04-02-2003, 12:15 AM
I might have to take you up on that star tours offer. Just spread the word when your about to go down to disneyland. How long have you been collecting for? I myself pretty much got started with the release of the POTF line in 95. I have pretty much have every figure to this day. I do have my share of vintage figures also but definitly not that much. I have a couple of the vintage power of the force figures like imperial gunner, general lando, luke in stormtrooper and the jawa. I keep those tucked away. I grew up just when the star wars figures were vanashing from stores in or around 1985. So it was hard for me to get vintage but I made up for it with the newer figures. If you need anything maybe we can do some trades or what not.

IG-808
04-02-2003, 12:38 AM
I was 4 when Star Wars came out and had every figure from the first 2 movies when I was a kid. Don't know whatever happend to them all but I don't have any of them now. So it wasn't until the POTF2 line came out that I got back into collecting the figures.
Right now I have about 412 carded figures. I don't have a whole lot of the new Saga figures, I was just not impressed with them when they came out. Plus there were soo many variations when they came out it just frustrated the hell out of me.

I do have one carded vintage figure, an Obi-Wan Power of the Force figure. I have recently been focusing my attention on getting every Darth Vader figure. I have pretty much all the newer ones, its getting the vintage ones that will prove costly for me.

gsr-jedi
04-02-2003, 12:49 AM
I'll continue to keep my eyes open if I see anything new. Found the Yoda lightsaber Saturday at a Target in Chino, Cali.

IG-808
04-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Was out in the West Valley yesterday and went to the Target in Goodyear. Didn't find any new figures there but they did have the new yoda lightsaber. They had 2 or 3 of them, I didn't pick one up though. Might go do some running around the valley this weekend to see if I can find anything.....not getting my hopes up though!!

ImperialSRH
04-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Another sad day for star wars collecting, but hey i'll keep trying. I did however finally find something new. I picked up the new Rocket flying R2 at walmart on 19th ave and Bethany Home. The funny thing was that I go there all the time when they open and r2 was the only new figure hanging there. Well along with all the old crap. So I think somebody in toys probably stocked during the day. To bad I missed out on Carkoon Fett. So hopefully this is a sing of good things to come. I'll keep everyone posted.

IG-808
04-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Well yesterday I decided to hit a bunch of Wal-Marts. I actually had some luck. Went to 9 different ones mostly in the West Valley. Here is the highlights:
Saw alot of Clone Trooper (Republic Gunship Pilot), Destroyer Droid (Geonosis Battle), and Jango Fett (Slave 1 Pilot). Had never seen these figure before. Also almost all the Wal-Marts I went to had the TIE Bombers.
I picked up the following:
2x Destroyer Droids
2x Clone Troopers
1x Endor Rebel Soldier (Clean Shave)

Am really sad to report that I also alot of the figures that I saw looked to be purposly damaged including a Yoda Jedi Council figure. Now I know why I don't go to Wal-Marts that often!! I can't beleive a stock person would purposly damage product. So besides the Clone Trooper/Destroyer Droid wave not much else out there as far as new stuff, and even those are hard to find in good shape.

ImperialSRH
04-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Glad to hear you found some new stuff for yourself. I hate it when there is a figure you need but then its damaged by a stock person or what not. That just really bugs me. How much were the Tie bombers priced at? I heard some walmarts had them from 14 to 10 bucks a pop. If they are let me know.

ImperialSRH
04-14-2003, 07:03 PM
I picked up the new set of figures at walmart on 83rd and peoria yesterday morning. I got 1 set of Mace windu total control, darth tyrannus, obi wan acklay battle, flying r2, anakin ceremony, and boba fett pit of carkoon. The fett is the best of the whole set but the rest of the figures are pretty sweet. Finally the figures are hitting the stores.

IG-808
05-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Wow, I totally struck it rich yesterday. Me and my girlfriend took a little road trip and headed out to Prescott to check out the Antique stores and such. So of course we stopped at all the toy places and here is what we found:

Prescott Wal-Mart: GOLD!!
Mace Windu: Arena Confrontation
R2-D2: Droid Factory Flight
Obi-Wan: Acklay Battle
Anakin: Secrect Ceremony
Han: Hoth Rescue
Chewie: Mynock Hunt
Boba Fett: Pit of Carcoon

Target and KB toys had nothing.

at the Prescott Valley K-Mart I picked up some cool clearance deals:
Star Wars Stratego for $1.50
Zam Wessel 12" for $5
and Jedi Defense Lego 1 set for $1.50

Then on the way home we stopped at the Anthem KB Toys and picked up the Final Duel lego set for $3.00 and Ultimate Hair Episode 1 Queen Amidala doll for $2
and at two Phoenix Kmarts we picked up some more clearance stuff:
Star Wars Card game starter pack: $.80 (always wanted to try to play this)
Jedi Defense 2 lego set: $1.50
Jedi Starfighter Lego set: $5.00
Lego Tusken Raider Encounter: $2.50

Have also been picking up alot of the more common Saga figures at KB toys over the last week since they were on sale for 2.99 to 3.99 depending on what store you went to.

So it has been a good couple of weeks for collecting for me, hope it stays like this...........love the clearance stuff.

ImperialSRH
05-03-2003, 09:50 PM
Man you did strike gold. I'm happy for ya man. I'm just waiting for Yoda and chian and the other jedi children 2 pack. There really hasn't been much for the past 2 weeks around the west side of town. I have noticed that the toys r us at metro mall and arrowhead mall have taken all there star wars down and made room for new stock. Thank god! It's about time. Hopefully this month will bring us all luck. happy hunting!

ImperialSRH
05-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Almost forgot to tell you guys. I picked up the Republic Gunship at kaybee for just $19.50 Sweet deal. Keep your eyes pealed.

ImperialSRH
05-28-2003, 01:01 AM
I picked up the new imperial 4pack at metro toys r us. I'ts pretty sweet. I can't wait for the other 4packs. They received 2 cases and some scalper bought a whole case. Damn them scalpers.

IG-808
06-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Well finally new figures are starting to show up. My girlfriend just started her first night last night at Target on the overnight stock shift and she saw new figures on the pegs...........she said they were all smashed though. She saw the Library Droids, Padme Droid Factory, Yoda and kids, Red Battle Droid, Imperial Officer as well as others. At least its a start of something good. Plus now maybe I can get a headstart on the scalpers since I will know when new stuff is put out!!

On a sad note the TRU nearest me on Southern is closing, well I think it is closed now. Hated that one though, but its still a sad day to see a TRU go away. But the good news it that Target will be building a Target Greatland there where Wards/TRU is now and closing the Target on Dobson. Should be done in 2006

ImperialSRH
06-12-2003, 09:16 PM
You know what, I saw all those figures at the target on 43rd and peoria. The funny thing is that they were all smashed. Like if the box was crushed. They had yoda and kid, the 2 other kids, red droid, imperial officer blond variation, and the two jedi chicks. I left all of them because I only collect mint. Its possible some employee or some other scalper could have smashed all the figures.

IG-808
06-12-2003, 11:32 PM
No I don' think the employees are doing this, I have read other store reports from other states finding the same figures at Targets and having them smashed too. Also Wal-Mart always has smashed ones as well. I would guess that the fault lies in Hasbros packaging............wouldnt be the first thing they messed up, first we cant find anything then when we do they are all messed up...........go figure

ImperialSRH
06-14-2003, 06:26 PM
I know, It's just so damn frustrating. I just don't know why hasbro is taking so long to ship the figures. I was thinking that maybe hasbro is just trying to stretch out what new items they have coming out because they still have till 2005 till episode 3 figures come out. So they probably figure we better ship items very slowly and in small quantities so we can kill time. Now they have the whole clone wars line coming out as well. Just to kill more time and burn more holes in our wallets.

ImperialSRH
06-17-2003, 01:00 PM
I finally found something new and in good condition. I picked up the Yoda and Chian, Red battle droid, and the Blond head imperial officer variant. I picked them up at the target greatland off of tatum and the 101. I got there late so thats all they had. The other yoda and chian and the 2 ashla and jampas were gone.

IG-808
06-17-2003, 01:17 PM
That is cool man, If I wasnt unemployed I would be buying stuff!! If you want a hint as to when to go to Target to get stuff try monday mornings, my girlfriend just got a job on the overnight stocking shift and the last 2 sunday nights they have gotten new stuff in. She told me that there was alot of new ones on the pegs yesterday and they actually looked good. If I only had money I would have been there.

gsr-jedi
06-17-2003, 11:23 PM
I just found Lama Su, Barriss Offee, and the blond head Imperial Officer variant at the Target on Dobson & Main. They also had a red battle droid (the card was badly damaged, so I left it), a Padme droid factory, and the research droids

ImperialSRH
06-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I am shocked to have found even newer figures on the pegs! I picked up the new Jedi thrown room luke, Jedi throne room Darth Vader and the Battle of Hoth Snowtrooper. There on the all new card style. They are Sweeeeeet! I got all these at the Super walmart off of Union Hills and the 101. Stuff just seems to be popping up in strange places.

gsr-jedi
06-20-2003, 12:22 AM
I found the Yoda/Chian & Aayla Secura at the Target on Arizona Ave. and Warner.

IG-808
01-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey its been a while since I posted any findings, although I have pretty much found every new figure that has come out. Thanx to my g/f working at Target.

What I did want to share with my fellow Arizona collectors is this. Bookmans in Mesa has a TON of figures. I am not talking new Saga ones either. I am talking 20 or so pegs of Orange, Green w/ and w/o holograms, POTJ, Green Comm-Tech, Episode I, and some older Saga carded figures. All are in pretty good shape. There was only one figure that I needed but it was a gem of a find. I picked up a Comm-Tech Jawa with no holes in the feet. Prices ranged form $5 to $15. So if you need some troop builders or are missing figures in your collection its worth going to check out.

I about had a heart attack when I saw all those figures hanging on the pegs. It was soo awesome to see the older figures on the pegs and not at some scalper comic store for 3 times as much.

Let me know if any of you check it out and what ya pick up. Happy hunting!

Bob