PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 08:53 PM
I hate shaving. I remember when I was a young buck, I couldn't wait to shave. Now it is a hassle. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. If it didn't get itchy I would probably let it grow out. I normally shave every other day, face and head. I have been letting it go to about every five days. What are your thoughts on shaving?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-23-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't wanna hear it ;) :D

List of things to do in shower, EVERYDAY!

1. shave armpits

2. shave legs

3. shave other parts

4. lotion all parts shaved or else awful burny feeling and redness

5. let lotion dry before putting on clothes, otherwise clothes will stick! YUCKA

and so on and so forth

:D :crazed: :D :crazed: :p :D :crazed: :D :crazed:

LTBasker
03-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Shave? Bah, I really should shave but I'm letting it grow out because it started to show up when I was around 13-14, and it's already rather thick already, so I don't want it to get too thick too fast. Plus I like the look. :D

jjreason
03-24-2003, 01:16 AM
I hate it too. I've been given the hairy eyeball more than once for showing up to work with less than baby smooth skin. Even got sent home to shave once because of a weekend goatee. :o

Pendo
03-24-2003, 02:36 AM
I shave my head every morning. Thought it would be a good idea when I first started, but it is a big pain now. Also it stings like flip when you cut yourself :eek:.

PENDO!

Kidhuman
03-24-2003, 05:46 AM
Tell me about it. It hurts like a SOB when you cut your head. I will only shave my face when my hair is long enough on my head. If I don't it looks stupid.

sith_killer_99
03-24-2003, 05:59 AM
Yeah tell me about it, U.S. Army, I have had to shave almost every day for 9 years.:p

I let it grow when I'm on leave, otherwise it's a daily routine.:(

Jargo
03-24-2003, 06:24 AM
My Mother said to me when I was about thirteen that the longer you leave off starting to shave the less you'll have to do it in later life. So I waited until I was seventeen before I started shaving regularly. I used to shave every other day but now I realise that my Mother was just talking crap to try and save money on razors. :)
I'll usually leave it a whole fortnight unless I have an appointment at the hospital when for some inexplicable reason I just automaticaly shave. I just feel compelled to be clean shaven for medical appointments. Maybe it's something to do with that thing about wearing clean pants when you go out in case you get knocked down and have to be taken to hospital. I guess subconsciously I shave in case I have to be admitted to hospital and won't get the chance to preen myself while in there. I dunno, it's the only explanation I can think of. All I know is that my beard is starting to grow grey. I noticed it going red from brown a couple of years ago and now it's going grey. I might start shaving more often now. Who wants a father christmas beard in their thirties? not me.

Lord Malakite
03-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Shave? What is this shave you speak of? :confused:

I could care less what I look like (yay, ZZ TOP), so I never shave. :)

I can't say the same for my parents though. They have such a problem with it that my dad compares it to a goats genitals and my mom buzzes it off at the same time she buzzes my hair (yay, free haircut). :D

Whatever floats their boat I guess.

RooJay
03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
My girlfriend tends to stop kissing on me so much when I haven't shaved for more than a couple days. I hate shaving with a passion, but, needless to say, I'm starting to hate not shaving much more.

Tycho
03-24-2003, 11:28 PM
The more often you shave, the easier it is. I'm 2 days right now, and that's the latest I can wait, or it will take more than 10 minutes. I have some blonde hair in my beard, and it makes it harder to see, but more obnoxious because I can feel it there, scratching my face on my pillow when I try to sleep, etc.

So I put the clock radio on in the bathroom, wait until I find a channel playing a good song I like, then I lose myself in my music and when the set's over and the stupid DJ starts talking, I can step into the shower and drown him out! (heh-heh-heh).

Porcelina
03-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

1. shave armpits

2. shave legs

3. shave other parts

5. let lotion dry before putting on clothes, otherwise clothes will stick! YUCKA

and so on and so forth

EXACTLY!!!

men have no right to complain ;)

RooJay
03-25-2003, 02:06 AM
I suppose it depends on the woman - my girlfriend says she feels no discomfort when she shaves, and she was actually surprised to hear how uncomfortable it can be for me. My skin is actually gets visibly irritated at times after shaving.

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 08:39 AM
I am lucky enough not to get razor burn or irritated skin from shaving. I feel for those that do because it just never goes away. By the time it does you have to shave again and here it comes. I think I am gonna get electrlosis(sp?). I hate shaving.

JediDan
03-25-2003, 09:01 AM
I am with all of you, I absolutely hate shaving. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for electric shavers. To me after a long day of work coming home and having to shave, shower, and then laundry is like work all over again except now I'm not getting paid. Oh well, at least I'm at the comfort of my own home.

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 09:07 AM
I have never used an electric shaver. If I could shave my head as close as a razor I would get one. Sometimes I like to go to the barber and have him do it. Ain't nothing like a hot towel on the head and face area after getting it shaved.

Jargo
03-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Subconsciously, I bet beards are out this season. I bet the razor companies are doing a roaring trade rght now. I would imagine that broomhandle mustaches are out too. Especially black ones...

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Subconsciously, I bet beards are out this season. I bet the razor companies are doing a roaring trade rght now. I would imagine that broomhandle mustaches are out too. Especially black ones...

DOH! :crazed: :)

scruffziller
03-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Well actually since I work at Wal Mart and they really don't care, I just let it grow out even though I look real.......... SCRUFFY!!!!!;)

Because my beard isn't really defined like most men.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2003, 12:46 PM
You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to be able to grow or not grow any number of facial hair designs...beards, goatees, mustachios :) stubble, etc, etc.

I like beards and goatees especially. And how cool for guys if they get a "blemish", they can just grow hair over it! :D :crazed:

And you can go potty standing up!! IF ONLY! :crazed: :D :crazed: :D :p

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 01:06 PM
And how cool for guys if they get a "blemish", they can just grow hair over it! :D :crazed:

Oh to be a man

James Boba Fettfield
03-25-2003, 01:08 PM
I grew hair on and under my chin for when I drink fast and I have some coke or water run out of my mouth and go down my chin and neck. Having the hair there stops that from happening.
Shaving the rest of my face is something I do about every three weeks because I am not a fan of shaving every day.
As for shaving other parts, I hear that ladies, that shoulder and back hair can be unsightly and needs to be cleanly shaven at all times. :stupid:

Jargo
03-25-2003, 01:49 PM
Ladies with back and shoulder hair? we talkin' Czech rebublic ladies here? :D

ladies can use urinals too. They have um, attachments for ladies that you can buy. Y'know how some types of lady want to be more um, masculine. Those sort of ladies buy the adaptor.... :eek:

Almost everything is possible if you really want it badly enough.

My sister has an excellent beard and mustache. :dead:

JediTricks
03-25-2003, 09:49 PM
I just had a can of Edge "Clean" shaving gel blow up in my bathroom (blasted a very fine, light foam all over the place, picked 4am to do so too) so shaving has been on my mind a lot lately. I hate the way my facial hair looks, more like Shaggy from "Scooby Doo" than a real beard - it used to be ok because it'd grow real slow, but it's finally starting to catch up. I shave maybe twice a week right now and clearly have to double that, but even with the new design of razor where I don't have to be particularly careful about the vertical angle I hold the handle (thank goodness for my Mach 3!!!), the task is really slow-going and creates a mess that just takes forever to deal with. For the days when I don't bother shaving, I grab my old electric shaver if it's something where I want to look halfway "respectable" but it's old and messed up and does a fairly poor job so what I make up in clean-up and time, I lose in quality of shave.

I wonder why the lubrication strip on my razors always is at the bottom of the blades, by the time it gets to that part of my face, the blades have already been there.

Fulit
03-25-2003, 10:43 PM
I've been in Tulsa, I missed the whole shaving thread!
Maybe it's not too late.

I had a huge beard but now its gone and now that I shaved it, it gets unbearably itchy if I let it get too long.

Here's some pictures:

Fulit
03-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Then I did this for a joke:

Fulit
03-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Now I look like this, and shaving has taken over. Razors are too expensive! 6 blades for like 5 bucks, and if I let it go more than a week I have to use two blades in one sitting!

JediTricks
03-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Razors are too expensive! 6 blades for like 5 bucks, and if I let it go more than a week I have to use two blades in one sitting! Ah, you haven't bought a Mach 3 from Gillette, I see. Damn blades are SUPER expensive, like $8 for 5 blades, but they are sharper and harder than others out there - my mother's fiance has facial hair that burns out other blades in one use or less, but he gets several good shaves from a Mach 3 blade cartridge (he's the one who talked me into getting it).

Tycho
03-26-2003, 03:06 AM
Girls from the Czech Republic are often VERY good looking, actually. It's something I've uh...studied.

Here's a very nasty joke you can play with shaving cream:

freeze it in the freezer overnight.

take it out no more than 45 minutes before use for sure, or you'll be really sorry!

Use a can opener to cut the bottom off the frozen shaving cream.

Leave it in a desk drawer or locker of someone you "wanna get" and then get out of there (to a safe distance where you can watch and not be suspect!)

The foam will just not stop expanding once it gets going! It will foam up all over the place and could feasibly envelope a whole desk!

IMPORTANT: wear gloves, surgical or whatever, ABSOLUTELY ANY TIME you handle the shaving cream can. This trick might be funny, but it could cost someone serious money in damages if the stuff gets all over important work, an expensive car (the trunk or backseat of a convertible is a great location), or especially a computer (which has data that's important saved on it, not to mention the cost of equipment).

You can be sued or fired from your job and then sued if you are caught. Be aware of security cameras that tape, too. No joke. This can be really funny, as long as you steer really clear of the blame.

DO NOT LEAVE FINGERPRINTS!!! (wear gloves even as you buy the shaving cream at the store)

Make sure that if you stick around to watch the fun, others are there laughing, too. If you're the only one, you'll look so guilty!

But make sure they don't see you plant the shaving cream, and do not tell anyone you did it. You never know when a friend will screw you over, or when their moral conscience will catch up to them.

Last but not least, do not do this in an airport or transit terminal. Due to heightened security and terrorist-threat paranoia, they will evacuate an airport or something if one of these "foam bombs" is going off in a restroom. It will cause countless people delays, money for missed time and conncections, parking fees, etc. and it is NOT funny.

If you get your school or work evacuated, like I said, make sure no one knows it is you! I swear, they could call in a bio-hazzard team if they can't tell what it is and the can gets lost in the foam!

LOL - the sight of national guard troops attacking the white-blob-monster in the locker room is pretty funny! (but save this as a last resort for a day when you're not ready for an exam).

Remember, you have 45 minutes at normal temperatures, before the frozen shaving cream will start to "erupt."

I suggest practicing once in your backyard or whatever, so you get the timing right. But remember nighttime temperatures, when you might be unobserved practicing, vary from daytime temps.

There's no way to make up an excuse for a shaving cream can that's been deliberately cut with a can opener.

Have fun if you try this, but re-read my post and DO NOT GET CAUGHT!

*I read about this in Maxim Magazine and have never tried it myself. I have spent considerable time plotting it, and plan to make some time to test-try it out. But no one should be dumb enough to go and do any high-profile stunt with this, and then come on the forums and post how it went, here.

Remember, it's really a practical joke, but if your joke makes the news, and they link it to you, you better also have the means to make bail.

Pendo
03-26-2003, 03:09 AM
LOL I like it Tycho :). I'm off work for this morning, but when I go in this afternoon I'm taking my frozen shaving cream :p.

PENDO!

Tycho
03-26-2003, 03:21 AM
By the way, I think you need a brand new can that's never been squirted. Something about the pressure build-up.

So buy a new one WITH GLOVES ON (at purchase point, putting it in and out of the freezer, the can opener, etc.)

Make your purchase at night, or in cold weather, so you look less suspicious wearing gloves, especially if you get your shaving cream with other purchases - and not near the location where you plan to use it.

Maybe buy it days ahead of the time when you plan your joke.

(now is the time to make purchases for April Fools' Day).

Try not to cost people money, putting their expense, or your employer's expense, on the table, just for your fun. The foaming garbage can is still just as funny (might work better if it is already brim-full when "foam strikes")

If you're going to watch, have a reason to stick around, because this won't explode fast, it will start building and building etc. If you want to "get someone," make sure they won't be discovering it right as the foam action starts, or they can probably easily dispose of your fun before it becomes fun.

Like I said, I'm not sure of the timing, and it varies in different temperatures. Las Vegas foam is faster to strike than Alaskan foam, I'm sure.

But no one should be so stupid as to use a new can of shaving cream that is in your medicine cabinet right now. Your fingerprints are already on it, and if you cause damage, a forensics team will be all over it and you'll be the idiot they catch on the next episode of CSI.

There's your practice can, if you really have to do this now. Maybe in your bathtub? Like I said, don't get caught. It won't be funny any more.

bobafrett
03-26-2003, 04:25 AM
I hate shaving, so I usually save it for an every other day event. But every day I look at my father who grows a beard, and at my age, he looked "older" than he was, where as with no whiskers, I manage to still get carded sometimes when I go to the gambling boats or buy alcohol, and I'm 37! So, I's rather put up with shaving, then to look as old as my dad did when he was my age.

When did this "shaving" thing get started? I step away from my computer for a couple of days, and "bam" a whole shaving thing appears.

Kidhuman
03-26-2003, 08:05 AM
Tycho that is hilarious. I have to try that one day.

RooJay
03-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Speaking of hairy women...
The Dean at my highschool would've been quite an attractive lady if not for that nice, even patch of long chest hair that used to peek up between the lapels of her suit jackets!:eek:

Jargo
03-27-2003, 01:40 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm - dreeeeeeeamy. :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-28-2003, 09:04 AM
What is the best electric razor on the market right now. I am really thinking of trying one and want the best one out there.

The Overlord Returns
03-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I hate shaving, so I usually save it for an every other day event. But every day I look at my father who grows a beard, and at my age, he looked "older" than he was, where as with no whiskers, I manage to still get carded sometimes when I go to the gambling boats or buy alcohol, and I'm 37! So, I's rather put up with shaving, then to look as old as my dad did when he was my age.

When did this "shaving" thing get started? I step away from my computer for a couple of days, and "bam" a whole shaving thing appears.

Man, that's incredible....37 and still getting carded...

I haven't been carded for anything since I was 15........ ofcourse, I had readched my full 6' 3" by that time......still....

Tycho
03-28-2003, 01:16 PM
I have to shave today, and my face doesn't feel ready for the shock. Sucks because I have to take a shower before I shave, and then one to rinse quickly afterward (feels better than cupping water in your hands in front of the sink). Time is the element that's most biting in the whole process.

Jargo
03-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Why take a full shower? just stick your head under the shower jet. Or use the toilet bowl and just dunk your head in it.

bobafrett
03-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Man, that's incredible....37 and still getting carded...

Either that or perhaps I look evil, and they want to know who they are dealing with in case trouble begins! :D But honestly, my mom looked very young for the longest time, and I think I got that from her. I look the most like her of all my siblings, right up to the gap in my front teeth. I also have the emotional weakness that she has, and the ability to cry during sappy flicks.

Oh, and if I let the whiskers on my face grow more than three days, I see some gray starting in the back of the jaw line.

Tycho
03-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Why take a full shower? just stick your head under the shower jet. Or use the toilet bowl and just dunk your head in it.

See the Shower Times thread. Showers feel wonderful!

Jargo
03-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Water is the devils work. wallowing in fluid gases isn't right. it's bad enough that we breathe all the stuff without having to bathe in it too. y'know in ancient times they used sand to clean themselves with because it rid the skin of dead cells and also helped soak away grease and sweat. So I advocate bathing in dirt. If it's okay with pigs it's okay with me. And pigs don't roll in dirt to get dirty they roll in it to clean themselvs. pigs are very sanitary creatures normally, it's just those damn pens humans keep them in that get mucky. If humand gave pigs more respect they'd be cleaner. Get those pens cleaned up you damn lazy pig farmers!!!

My beard has white hairs peppered through it. and my sideburns too. brown through ginger to white and all shades in between. I've never grown a full beard although I did grow a goatee for a long time just to save on razor costs. It looked horrible but whatr is a penniless student of 24 to do? Now that I'm older and more affluent I can afford to shave it all. and waste a razor completely on the wirey hairs on my chin. Those chin hairs are like trying to cut through wire wool with a pair of blunt scissors when i shave.

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 09:50 AM
UPDATE:

I had to shave last night aand I still hate it.

Pendo
03-31-2003, 11:16 AM
I cut the top of my head this morning :cry:. OUCH!!!

:(

PENDO!

Jargo
03-31-2003, 12:17 PM
I didn't shave since last week and now I have a zit on the beard line. I squuezed it really hard until it went pop and then I cried because it hurt..... Still din't spur me into shaving though. I just cannot be bothered with it lately. I want to grow a big bushy beard to scare kids with, a great big beard that'll go white like father christmas' beard and then i'll start smoking a pipe and breathe the nicotine through my beard for years so it goes yellow and brown in stripes running down from my nose.....

Actually that's not what I want at all. I'll probably shave later after I get a buzz trim. Number two crop all over. Summers coming and i may just go down to a number one crop. But that makes me looks about twelve so i might leave it at number two. waffle waffle blah blah blah yadda yadda chim chiminy chim chiminy chim chim cheroo piffle waffle blather.

See i was just testing to see if you were still paying attention and listening to me. Obviously not. Don't blame you lately. :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Speaking of zits EJ, I need some answers here.

When I was in 7th grade health class so many years ago, amongst learning all the wonderful things of human puberty and such, our teacher told the class that when a guy gets a zit on his face, the best thing to do is to just shave it right off and stick a lil piece of toilet papier on it! :eek: Everyone gasped and there was silence...and the teacher then insisted it was the best way! LOL

So, gimme the scoop

:D :crazed:

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 12:30 PM
No it hurts like heck. Pop it. Thats what I do. If it is big I won't shave until I pop it. Ouch!!!:eek:

Fulit
03-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Speaking of zits EJ, I need some answers here.

When I was in 7th grade health class so many years ago, amongst learning all the wonderful things of human puberty and such, our teacher told the class that when a guy gets a zit on his face, the best thing to do is to just shave it right off and stick a lil piece of toilet papier on it! :eek: Everyone gasped and there was silence...and the teacher then insisted it was the best way! LOL

So, gimme the scoop

:D :crazed:

That was a stupid suggestion. I should know, I did that to a couple of mine as a teen, and I have 2 scars from it. Not cool scars either, like Al Capone, more like, "I was a teenage dumbass" scars.

Jargo
03-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Real solution? Oxy 10 or other astringent zinc based acne treatment. never pop and never shave. Hideous as they are the best thing is to use some product designed to dry them up. I too have some lovely facial scars from acne. i had really bad acne trouble when i was a lad, not the pizza face kind of massive pustules but millions and trillions of the tiny tiny spots with white heads. I got given some awful eighteenth century paste thing to slap on and burn the things out of my skin. It looked like lead based white paint and left a powdery residue on my skin. Acidic exfoliation. Burnt the top layers of my face right off. Nasty doctor.

But yeah never shave them off and don't pop them because you just end up spreading the bacteria around your other pores.

And follow theose golden rules - cleanse tone and moisturise, morning and night. get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water and keep out of smokey environments. a healthy balanced diet, a little of everything is the best diet. (We're omnivores not fadivores. Stupid celebrity diets don't work they just make you ill and anorexic. and unhappy. Always leave the dinner table feeling just slightly hungry. If you feel full then you ate too much.)
Never sare a bar of soap or cleansing products. Avoid human contact at all costs and find a large hermetically sealed sterile environment to live out the rest of your days.

That is the Jargo recipe for ridding oneself of zits o the face. Either that or a guillotine... :)

Fulit
03-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Ooh, anyone read Stephen King (or Richard Bachman)'s Thinner ? Remember when the guy gets the killer acne and ends up shooting himself? I knew a guy like that in junior high, man I felt bad for him, he was covered. It reminded me of that book.

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2003, 05:12 PM
Shave acne you say? What the hell kind of person would do that? Doing that would leave those pitted scars on your face, and it would hurt like a son of a ***** when you did it.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-31-2003, 05:23 PM
Hilarious!

I love this, you guys are great!

More, MORE! :D

DarthChuckMc
03-31-2003, 06:00 PM
You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to be able to grow or not grow any number of facial hair designs...beards, goatees, mustachios :) stubble, etc, etc.

I like beards and goatees especially. And how cool for guys if they get a "blemish", they can just grow hair over it! :D :crazed:

Umm.....I've seen many a website with ladies showing many designs of.....hair...some look like goatees, some more like beards...ZZ Top comes to mind.

And the potty standing up thing.....I've seen that, too.
It takes lots of practice, but can be done. I've seen it done thru the zipper just like a man too....kinda scary.

darthvyn
03-31-2003, 06:59 PM
i hate shaving, cuz the hair under my chin and on my neck is really thick, and grows into my skin a lot if i shave too often. everything else is pretty okay. i have had many facial hair varieties - the van dyke, goatee, hulk hogan 'stache, the biker-dude full beard sans chin hair (got that for my 'cycle permit...) long pointy sideburns, amish beard (for a play i was in in HS...) wolverine sideburns, and i always have at least sideburns down to just below my earlobes... i'm basically not me with out the 'burns.

there's a pic of me in the "post a pic of yourself" thread with my hulk hogan, or as i call it, "porn star 'stache." i like that every once in a while. it's fun... it usually takes about a month to be fully realized...

i don't have too much problem with acne, but when i do, i usually lightly run over the top of the zit with the razor, to expose the agitated area, then use the aftershave as an astringent, as they both generally contain alcohol. it seems to work well.

Lord Malakite
03-31-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Ooh, anyone read Stephen King (or Richard Bachman)'s Thinner ? Remember when the guy gets the killer acne and ends up shooting himself? I knew a guy like that in junior high, man I felt bad for him, he was covered. It reminded me of that book.

Acne? If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty certain those were boils.

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Acne? If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty certain those were boils.

Never try to shave a boil. Worse than shaving a zit.

notafinga
04-03-2003, 12:52 AM
I had enjoyed a weekly regiment of shaving once a week til my boss decided to have a sit down with me about it a couple weeks back. Something about first impressions and all that jazz.
But I love the three day growth thing, outfitting me with a slighlty rugged look which also serves to add a shade of color to my ghostly winter face.

So i decided to get a new boss...

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by notafinga
So i decided to get a new boss...

Hey, I'm all for that, just as long as your still bringing home a paycheck! I like wearing jeans, so I'll never work some job that makes you put on a suit. I have my casual scruffy days too.

Jargo
04-03-2003, 07:52 AM
I just don't get the suit thing. Fine for the Victorian age but I mean, have we not evolved as a society since then? Neck ties? Restrictive shirts and jackets? And to sit at a desk? Please! Smart casual, comfortable, workable, breathable. There must be a case could be brought advocating crimes against humanity for these suits are but a prison for the body. And hot too. I dread to think how much sweat and bacteria there is inside some of those suits people wear. I mean, do people have a suit for every single day? Not likely unles they get the fat cat paycheck. It's unhealthy to wear a suit. Yeah, dirty things, horrible things. I don't get why people wear suits and posh gear to go sit in a theater either it's a dark sweaty environment and all that nice gear just gets hot and drenched in sweat and crumpled and dirty from the million other dirty suits that sat on the seats before. Madness i tells ya, sheer madness!!!!

RooJay
04-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Funny thing about acne and shaving - I used to have problems with acne when I was in my mid-teens, and for the most part it's cleared up pretty good. Except, whenever I haven't shaven for a few days the hair on my face seems to accumulate all the oil from my skin causing me to start breaking out, and yet...as soon as I shave - since my facial hair tends to be fairly soft - I often break out in razor rash under my jaw where it hurts most! Damned if I do, damned if I don't!:(

Kidhuman
04-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Well I was working on a roof the other day and got a sunburnt head. Man it hurt like heck when I shaved my head. Word of advice is never do that. Sunburn and razors do not mix.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Well I was working on a roof the other day and got a sunburnt head. Man it hurt like heck when I shaved my head. Word of advice is never do that. Sunburn and razors do not mix.

oooooooooooooo :dead:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-28-2003, 09:10 PM
I too hate shaving...

bobafrett
04-28-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm growing Elvis like sideburns. I was bored, what can I say.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Well I was working on a roof the other day and got a sunburnt head. Man it hurt like heck when I shaved my head. Word of advice is never do that.

Word of advice, never use a straight razor to shave your scro-oh never mind.

I shave every day with the exception of either Saturday or Sunday (it depends on if I have to go anywhere important). The thing I hate is that I consistently leave a patch of unshaven hair somewhere on face, usually right underneath my chin or where the jaw and cheek meet. It makes me look like a slob. Yet I just can't seem to spend more than a few minutes shaving. I gotta give myself an extra minute or two.

Plus, I usually shave straight out of the shower, when the face is wet, which means that I have to contend with a foggy bathroom mirror. Maybe that is another reason I miss a few hairs here and there. Also, I can't seem to stretch the use of my razor blade. I have a brother who swears he changes his blade every couple of months (and as far as I can see no consequences for doing that). Mine peeter out after a month or so. I think we use the same brand.

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 10:13 PM
It probably depends on how opften he shave LBC. I know I buy a four pack of razors every two-three months. If I only shaved my face I would buy them every 8-10 months most likely.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2003, 11:18 PM
If I only shaved my face I would buy them every 8-10 months most likely.

:eek:

gibbspaulus
04-30-2003, 10:41 AM
:eek:

Don't knock body shaving! No-one wants a Wampa groin! And it's a lot less painful than a 'back, crack and sack' wax!

Jargo
04-30-2003, 12:34 PM
I'm happy to be hairy in certain places. Nature gave us hair to protect delicate places and shaving them clean bald is just not right. IMO. I find having hair there makes me feel masculine. I wasn't blessed with a heavily masculine body type or size so it's my way of asserting some sense of masculine identity. And as body hair grows differently on everyone it's also a way of defining my personality somewhat. If we all shaved our hair away we'd become some homogenous androgynous society - sort of. Bland and boring looking. I actually admire hairy guys more than shaved ones. Shaved guys look plastic and unnatural to me. As do body builders. Guys who achieve muscle mass through working a manual labour job look far more impressive than a gym pumped balloon like guy. Pumped up pecs look more like womens breasts than anything else. And when a guy can't walk because his thighs are so pumped up they rub together, that's when it should be time to say enough already!
I'm aware i may be insulting people but I'm just expressing personal preference and opinion. I just happen to think certain forms of body styling are icky. Balding guys who shave their heads are cool because it's better to accept the fact and stay looking good than to pretend it isn't happening and go the comb over route.
I have total respect for people who are happy with what they have naturally and live with it but very little respect for people who feel the need to constantly mess around with how they look.
And fakers who get body implants to look beefed up get zero respect from me. Natural is the only way to go. IMO. :)

Lord Malakite
04-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Kids site people. :eek:

Lets try to keep the mentioning of the nether regions to a minimum. :rolleyes:

Jargo
04-30-2003, 02:53 PM
I never mentioned nether regions. Just 'certain places' but now you drew attention to it you made it seem like I was talking about that. which I wasn't. And isn't it an all ages site? If it's a kids site i'm in the wrong place baby. ;)

Lord Malakite
04-30-2003, 03:44 PM
A kid friendly site. Thats what I was trying to say. :p

I wasn't specificly talking about your post Jargo, even though it could be considered that way now that you mentioned it.

Jargo
04-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Well, if you're the moderator and you aren't happy with the replies you are within your remit to 'shave' them down to suit the site's policies. :)

Kidhuman
04-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Balding guys who shave their heads are cool because it's better to accept the fact and stay looking good than to pretend it isn't happening and go the comb over route.

Thats me!!!!!:Pirate:

Tycho
07-03-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm shaving right now. I mean I did a once-over and I know I missed a few scruffy spots, but I'm actually out of breath (I think I hold mine when I'm shaving because I just want to get it all over with), so I remembered this thread and came back here to complain about it. I still hate shaving, but I hate being unshaven more I guess.

Like many a time, I'm shaving from "the 2-days gone without position" - going much more would make this a worse experience.

But I just got my haircut last night, so when I finally finish here, everything will look straight and cleaned up, and I'll look good. Too bad it makes me feel exhausted. I'm going to post, and then even eat a little part of my breakfast before I return to finish shaving. (I'm using an electric, so no I'm not walking around with foam dripping off my face).

bobafrett
07-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I shaved the part of my neck where my beard comes in and looks scruffy. I did that four or five days ago. I need to do it again today as my friend is home from Iraq and I really want to see her and look at my best when I do. She heads back over there later this week.

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Shaving still sucks. When I'm rich and famous I'm having electrolysis done on my neck so I never have to nick myself again. Even thinking about nicking my Adam's Apple is enough to make my skin crawl.

At the very least, I'm glad I don't have to put up with shaving ankles, which I'm told is way worse.

darthvyn
07-03-2006, 08:34 AM
as a former high-school swimmer, i can tell you from experience, the face is still the worst of anything - so many angles and you need to use a mirror... so when your wives/girlfriends complain about shaving their legs, tell'em darthvyn was just a tiny bit gay in high school and has consequential proof. they will have no recourse... unless they have to shave their faces, and then you gots bigger problems.

Tycho
07-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Shaving still sucks. When I'm rich and famous I'm having electrolysis done on my neck so I never have to nick myself again.

Take it from someone who's tried it, it was a waste of money. The laser or electrolysis (I've tried both - electrolysis hurts more - especially in the back of the neck!) anyway, it kills the hair folicle where there is hair. Then hair grows from a new skin cell next to the one with the dead folicle from your expensive proceedure. There's a benefit in that the area is thinned out of unwanted hair, but you still have something left to shave sooner or later.

Hair (and nail) growth is something your body does to use waste nutrients besides excrete them. Your hair is only "alive" at the base of the follicle (that's why it doesn't hurt when you get a haircut). Shaving hurts because you are scraping the top layer of skin when you do it.

I'm not a fan of waxing either. Fess up guys, many of us want to look great for chicks right? But we don't talk about these things until movies like "Hitch" and "40 Year Old Virgin" come along and make fun of what guys actually do in private and don't admit (to not have harry backs or shoulders, or chest etc.). Is it true? Watch Knight Rider and then Baywatch. Notice a difference with David Hasselhoff as he's moved on to a show where he only wears a shirt half the time?

When you reach over 25 or so, you start growing hair where you never did before, and where you really don't want it. Many start even younger.

Shaving is the only viable, economic, affordable, and immediately and consistently effective option.

Those of us who are "shallow enough" (come on!) to only date girls that look like super-models need to step up to present ourselves as worthy of them. In other words, "only Brad Pitt could date Angelina Jolie." (Well I prefer Kristin Kruek, next to the psycho, but anyway...)

Shaving is a ***** but ALL of us human beings gotta do it.

We're only one step removed from apes afterall. And all I ever wanted to do was be born a God.....

Well, I'm here stuck in the muck with the rest of our pitiful species. How low can we go? I don't have to answer. Look in the mirror after you let it grow.

Here's a banana. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Bananas!

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I was being totally honest about that electrolysis thing. Thanks for the advice, Tycho.

As far as waxing, I've waxed part of a leg in an effort to prove to my sister-in-law that it doesn't hurt. It, in fact, does not hurt. And it left a super smooth patch on my left shin for a month and a half.

Eyebrows are a different story. The night before my wedding, I went to gret my hair touched up and my hair lady insisted on shaping (read: waxing) my eyebrows for the big day. Sonofa*****!!! Not only did it hurt like hell, it made me break out! So the following day I was about one whitehead away from actually taking Rocketboy's (then) girlfriend's offer of wearing concealer.

Never, never again.

bobafrett
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Back in 2000, I entered the "Body for Life" competition. In order for you to be able to show off your muscles better, you had to shave. Legs, arms, pits, everything that wasn't covered. I bought this stuff that you put on, and after 10 or 15 minutes you could wipe it off with a cloth, and it did get rid of most of the hair without clogging up a razor. The problem was, if you left it on your skin too long, it would burn your skin. I had a couple of areas that got burns. The hair did grow back though.

Tycho
07-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I'll translate:

Frett got Nair for short-shorts.
If you Dare wear short-shorts:
Use nair for short-shorts.

I don't ever want to see HIM doing the commercial though. I'd tell the company, whoever it is, to stick with the chicks they use now.

But they make Nair for men. It's the same stuff but comes in a gray bottle instead of a pink one (haha). I tried that myself, but I think the timing before you get burnt varies per individual and it doesn't matter what the instructions on the bottle say - you'll screw up using it (plus fill a washcloth with an ugly clot of wax and hair, which won't do any wonders for you plumbing, making the alternative: use all your washcloths, making more laundry for yourself).

Society has put too much pressure on us guys because of the media, which suggests we must all now look like David Hasselhoff. (I don't even want to touch Richard Simmons!)

El Chuxter
07-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Society has put too much pressure on us guys because of the media, which suggests we must all now look like David Hasselhoff.

I imagine darthvyn would like that.

Kidhuman
07-03-2006, 07:19 PM
God, who dug this crusty thread up. I still hate shaving, as a matter of fact I have gone about three weeks with out shaving.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I shaved saturday evening and it took me about 2 hours. My shaver is gettin' older and my beard was shaggy and that equals many a painful hair trimmages.

and i got a Nair story for you: back when i was in college, one of my roomies (i had 6- two on the floor below, three on my second floor and one in the loft) wantedd to try other ways to trim his...........private hair. So, he got the idea to use some Nair. Well, he goes to the bathroom with it, comes out, wrapped in a towel, saying he has to wait a few minutes so he can wipe it off. Well, I knew hell was about to be unleashed, so i sat in my desk chair, feet propped up on my bed, enjoying chocolate milk, waiting.......within, i'd say, about 7 minutes, I hear a high pitch wail, and i see him come bolting out of his room, completely naked mind you, holding his parts and sprinting to the bathroom. Now, to get there from his room, he had to turn one corner, but he frantically does this, going off balance, kicking one leg in the air and balancing himself with his placed foot. He runs into the bathroom, still yelling, and i hear the shower come on and him yelping until he washes himself off. During this time, i'm in tears as i'm laughing so hard, the roomies who were home are running upstairs to see what the hell is going on.

After about fifteen minutes, he comes out of the bathroom, wearing a towel and is limping as if he had just rode a horse. I miss getting my undergrad. :crazed:

Tycho
07-03-2006, 09:45 PM
That's too funny Guyute! Yeah, considering it makes for red necks (real ones, hah!) I'd never put that stuff anywhere near my privates!

2 hours to shave sounds like a *****.

I think I was sort of there today. But differently. I finished shaving after breakfast and showered off. I didn't have any razor problems mind you, but because I layed down and fell asleep after that breakfast and slept until nearly 4pm. I feel great, cleaned up....and all ready to watch Star Wars movies by myself :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
God, who dug this crusty thread up. I still hate shaving, as a matter of fact I have gone about three weeks with out shaving.

Tycho. I have shaving as well but since the job I have helps pay the bills I shave M-F although I hate doing it.

Slicker
07-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Since I'm in the military I'm technically supposed to be clean shaven on a daily basis. For those that know me at work that just doesn't happen.

I have sensitive skin and at most I can get a GOOD shave maybe 2-3 times a week and it leans moreso towards the 2 times (mainly Monday morning and Thursday morning). I'll do a quick with the grain on a couple of the days if it looks bad but if I were to shave for real (i.e. against the grain) 2 straight days my face would literally bleed for days on end. I get called out on it at work at least once a week and I just don't care. My retort is usually something like "Why? Are they gonna fire me?" (for those in the military that is a bit funnier).

I suppose I could go to medical and get a no shave chit but I'm just too damn lazy to do it. (it's basically paper work saying that you don't have to shave except for on certain days like the first day of the work week and for official functions.)

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I can't stand shaving either and I usually do it about 3 times a week. Often times, it will take me no more than 10 minutes to shave and wash my face, but if I have to trim my goatee and mustache it can take upwards of 20-25 minutes.

DarthQuack
07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Two words for you.

Philips Bodygroomer.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Vyn, I never understand the swimmers and shaving thing - is that to make you go faster or just to look good in those nuthuggers? :confused:

Slicker
07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Vyn, I never understand the swimmers and shaving thing - is that to make you go faster or just to look good in those nuthuggers? :confused:I can kinda understand shaving your chest, legs, head, etc. because I guess the hair could be a drag in the water but shaving the nether region that's gonna be covered by your shorts? I think they may do because everything else is shaved why not have that area done up as well.

BTW, I just realized that I'll be able to use my new Mach 5 (the Fusion) razor tomorrow morning for the first time. I'm totally expecting to have a nice and bloody face for work. I was one of them suckers that saw the commercial during the Super Bowl and just HAD to have one the very next day.

Tycho
07-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Did you have the Superbowl taped or something and you're just now getting around to watching it?

Shhhh. No one tell him who won. He deserves to be surprised.

This is a non-Superbowl Spoiler thread from here on out!

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Did you have the Superbowl taped or something and you're just now getting around to watching it?

Shhhh. No one tell him who won. He deserves to be surprised.

This is a non-Superbowl Spoiler thread from here on out!LMAO!!!

I, too, just switched razors (Blade only. My old Mach3 works just fine) and my face was a mess this morning. My neck around my Adam's Apple looked like it a shotgun victim in a horror movie.

UKWildcat
07-05-2006, 10:18 AM
My neck around my Adam's Apple looked like it a shotgun victim in a horror movie.
Very nice simile! :D

I wonder how Slicks face turned out this morning? lol

DarthQuack
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
I was with slick in buying one of these from the commercial, and the sh*t tears away your face, I switched back to the Mach 3 right away, what's next a 12 blade razor?

darthvyn
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Vyn, I never understand the swimmers and shaving thing - is that to make you go faster or just to look good in those nuthuggers? :confused:

missed this earlier... don't know what happened there...

yeah, the idea is that it causes a small amount of drag, and that any amount of drag you can get rid of for the finals (championships...) will cause you to be that much faster... usually the shaving is only done for the finals, so you swim all season normal, and then get rid of the hair at the end. we did a similar thing at practices - wore a couple of older banana hammocks over the newest one - usually they were all torn up, looking like more of a loincloth than anything else - once again, added drag at practice that can be shed in competition.

I was with slick in buying one of these from the commercial, and the sh*t tears away your face, I switched back to the Mach 3 right away, what's next a 12 blade razor?

the real question is, why did they skip the four-blader... you need to step these things up gradually to find the most precise cutting edge ever invented... otherwise you get a disposable razor-head that shaves your skin off...

ahhh, the smooth comofort of exposed muscle tissue...

Slicker
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I wonder how Slicks face turned out this morning? lolSurprisingly it turned out fantastic! I could really tell a difference between my normal Mach 3 and this Mach 5. I don't think I cut myself once and even 8 hours later my face is still very smooth. This just means that I don't have to shave tomorrow morning.

BTW, I bought the razors AFTER the Superbowl and I'm finally getting around to using them. I forgot that I had bought 12 regular Mach 3 heads a week or so before hand.

Darth Instigator
07-08-2006, 07:50 AM

1. shave armpits

2. shave legs

3. shave other parts

and so on and so forth

can you tell us more about the lotioning part? HAHA just playing, I hate shaving too, I wait like 5 days and if I dont shave I grow zits! Zits that hurt! so I must and my neck bleeds every-friggin-time and hurts and its just annoying. trim nose hairs, which not enough people do and any extraneous hair growing in places on my head that it shouldn't.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2006, 01:02 PM
At 16, I still only have to shave once a week (which I've been doing for a year or so), and it's not even close to a beard. One of my friends has never shaved in his life, one has to do it every day, and I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I eventually want a beard but don't know if it's gonna happen. More hairs keep coming, though.

I have very hairy legs, and, uh, other places. If I were to shave them I . . . well, no, I'm just not going to go there.

Blue2th
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
C'mon the scruffy looking (nerferter) bed hair, five'o'clock shadow thing is in. But so is the lazer treatment remove all the hair from 99% of your body pluck your eyebrows Metrosexual thing.

Tycho
07-08-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't know where the term Metrosexual came from, but if you like attractive women, it's a good thing to make yourself attractive as well. Treat yourself as you would want others to treat themselves. Unfortunately, if you're a straight guy, this can make supposed gay guys overly interested in you.

But taking the word Metrosexual apart - we deal with

- sexual - being extremely interested in sex and the act of engaging in it - which includes attracting and keeping a partner for it, usually of the opposite sex.

- metro - not being hillbilly simple, but being urban-sophistocated - in otherwords near a civilization with department stores where us shaving men can buy a razor.

So by that definition, I'm proud to be a Metrosexual. I don't think it's a bad thing and I'm certain I'm straight. That being said: it works. You do get girls.

Kidhuman
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I have very hairy legs, and, uh, other places. If I were to shave them I . . . well, no, I'm just not going to go there.

thank you :beard:

bobafrett
07-08-2006, 10:32 PM
This reminds me, I think I want to shave my beard off tonight, but if not tonight, then tomorrow.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Whatever you do Frett, just don't touch that hair you're rockin' in your avatar. I love it. :D

Very 70s-porno-ish lol lol lol

Mad Slanted Powers
07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
It's been a long time since I shaved with a regular razor. I just use the electric razor now. I used to shave some with the regular razor, but I could never get it all, so I would use the electric one to go over and get the stray hairs that I missed. However, if I shaved with the electric razor first, I couldn't get everything that way, so I would take a dry regular razor and lightly go over the spots I couldn't get.

I need to shave everyday. I have quite a bit of growth, so it wouldn't look very good at work if I didn't shave. Some people there have beards, but I'm not up for growing one now. During my college years when I went to Alaska to fish on my Dad's boat, I usually grew one. I still have a college meal card with a bearded photo of myself on it. Just about avatar size too. I should hook my scanner up again.

I'm practically bald on top of my head, but quite hairy elsewhere. It's kind of a pain, as it makes it difficult to dry off in the morning, especially the back and where the sun don't shine.

My mom always insists on getting out the hair clippers and shaving the back of my neck. I complain because with a button up shirt and tie, you can't really see it at work. I also doubt it's the reason why I don't attract all the ladies either.

bobafrett
07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Whatever you do Frett, just don't touch that hair you're rockin' in your avatar. I love it. :D

Very 70s-porno-ish lol lol lol

Nope, won't touch the hair, well at least not until it gets over 10 inches in length, then it is destined to help children who need it more than I.

I just trimmed the beard and stache, as they were growing to thick for these summer days.

Blue2th
07-09-2006, 11:49 PM
"When I was your age we didn't HAVE no fancy razers" "We used old Ironsides"

Banthaholic
07-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Shaved for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday and dang that took forever. I think I might go with the hermit look from now on

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2006, 01:07 AM
"When I was your age we didn't HAVE no fancy razers" "We used old Ironsides"
We shaved with a knife and we slit our throats and that's the way it was and WE LIKED IT!

El Chuxter
07-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Anyone else always hear the title of this thread as sung by Christopher Cross whenever they see it?

Mad Slanted Powers
07-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Anyone else always hear the title of this thread as sung by Christopher Cross whenever they see it?
Well, I do NOW!

CaptainSolo1138
07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
"Shaaaaaaaaving/Tears up my face"

Slicker
07-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I just had my second going with that Fusion razor and I must say that I absolutely love it. It's far superior to the Mach 3 and gets me the closest shave I've ever gotten.

Much like the KFC bowls I'll highly advocate this razor and I guarantee that, much like the KFC bowls, it won't disappoint.

Rogue II
07-10-2006, 03:48 PM

Dang it. Now I do. I hate you, and you little CaptainSolo, too.:whip: :mad:

I knew I shouldn't have started reading this thread.

Darth Instigator
07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I have used the Mach 3 since it came out and love it I recent;y got a free trial for the Schick Quattro and I didn't like it at all, and it made my hand ache due to its size and weight

seanmcfripp
07-11-2006, 10:24 AM
I had an unfortunate incident shaving this morning, all courtesy of "Sailing," which was stuck in my head all last night. For some reason though, "Sailing" morphed in to this:

* wakes up *

* stumbles into bathroom *

* picks up Mach 3 to shave, but for some reason holds up to mouth like a microphone *

"And I got such a long way to go"
* switches to Michael McDonald voice *
"...such a long way..."
"To make it to the border of Mexico"

* wife walks in, look of astonishment, walks back out *

I'm pretty sure I won't be married by the time the day is out. I don't know what got her first, the fact that I was singing, the fact that I was singing Christoper Cross, or the fact that I was naked while doing it. Now that I think about it, perhaps it was the Eric Johnson air guitar solo I performed with one foot up on the toilet whilst "flopping" about (my favorite guitar solo pose, by the way). I can't help myself though, "Ride Like the Wind" just does something to me.

Tycho
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Now I didn't want to get that mental picture in my head -but the song's pretty good.

"Ride Like the Wind" while naked? That could have double-meanings. Maybe your wife saw it as a plea for attention and you might be rewarded for your performance?

Blue2th
07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I didn't know Eric Johnson did that lead. No wonder. I thought it was a lame song, but had a cool lead. Ya learn somthing new everyday.

sith_killer_99
07-11-2006, 08:12 PM
WOW, okay who dug up this old thread?

Well, coming up on 13 years active duty, still a daily shaver. I have taken to letting it grow out on the weekends.

There for a while I was shaving my head as well. I found that my electric shaver did a better job than my regular razor, plus no nicks or cuts!:D

It's been some time since I shaved my head. Hmmmm......

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Holy Snikeys, welcome back SK99.

seanmcfripp
07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
"Ride Like the Wind" while naked? That could have double-meanings. Maybe your wife saw it as a plea for attention and you might be rewarded for your performance?

She's asleep right now, so I think that tells us everything we need to know with regard to me getting a reward. And what a pity too, because I really nailed that Michael McDonald part. I oughta get something for that.

I didn't know Eric Johnson did that lead. No wonder. I thought it was a lame song, but had a cool lead. Ya learn something new everyday.

Yep, that was one of his first higher profile gigs. He and Christopher Cross are both Texas boys.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
WOW, okay who dug up this old thread?

Well, coming up on 13 years active duty, still a daily shaver. I have taken to letting it grow out on the weekends.

There for a while I was shaving my head as well. I found that my electric shaver did a better job than my regular razor, plus no nicks or cuts!:D

It's been some time since I shaved my head. Hmmmm......I shaved my head for the first (and so far only) time last October. I was thinking of shaving it for Halloween, but the week before I was on vacation and thought I might do it then so that it would grow back some before I went back to work. However, I didn't try to cut my hair until a couple days into the vacation. At that point, I wasn't going to shave the whole thing. I was using the #2 guard on my clippers, but I stopped and took the guard off at one point to clean some of the hair out. When I resumed cutting, I forgot to put the guard back on. Thus, I just went ahead and shaved it all off. I used my regular electric shaver to finish up and shave it as close as I could. I don't think I could get used to having it like that though. It felt weird with my head on my pillow, or even touching my head with my hand.

dr_evazan22
07-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Since I'm in the military I'm technically supposed to be clean shaven on a daily basis. For those that know me at work that just doesn't happen.

I have sensitive skin and at most I can get a GOOD shave maybe 2-3 times a week and it leans moreso towards the 2 times (mainly Monday morning and Thursday morning). I'll do a quick with the grain on a couple of the days if it looks bad but if I were to shave for real (i.e. against the grain) 2 straight days my face would literally bleed for days on end. I get called out on it at work at least once a week and I just don't care. My retort is usually something like "Why? Are they gonna fire me?" (for those in the military that is a bit funnier).

I suppose I could go to medical and get a no shave chit but I'm just too damn lazy to do it. (it's basically paper work saying that you don't have to shave except for on certain days like the first day of the work week and for official functions.)

I've sensitive skin also, and supposed to be clean shaven every day, too. I, too, only shave Mon and Thurs. I tried it out that way to see if my mgr or sup's would say something, and they haven't. If I had to I could handle M-W-F. And for me its my neck that is most sensitive. One thing that feels a lot better for me has been the ?gillette? Fusion razor with the 5 blades. Anyone else use the Fusion?

Slicker
07-16-2006, 11:04 AM
One thing that feels a lot better for me has been the ?gillette? Fusion razor with the 5 blades. Anyone else use the Fusion?I just started using it last week and I absolutely love it. (I've been calling it the Mach 5 :p) When I shave it lasts alot longer than with a normal Mach 3 and it feels a ton better.