PDA

View Full Version : WOW, Dengar was in ROTJ? LOL.

Amy
03-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Today was the first I've ever heard Dengar was in Jabba's palace. How did I miss him all these years???? I saw it on that Red 6 website by the way.

Did anyone else NOT know this? Am I the only one that blind?:confused:

2-1B
03-24-2003, 02:35 AM
I never realized it until I finally got my own widescreen copies several years ago.

If I'm not mistaken, he was also on the sail barge . . . so he perished with the others. :)

Amy
03-24-2003, 03:11 AM
Oh really? That dsight never said that. That kinda sucks, I like the bounty hunters. I dont read the books or comics or anything, but I guess I should.

12inch Lando
03-24-2003, 05:11 AM
Really Caesar? I've never seen him on the sail barge. According to the book Tails of the Bounty Hunters it was Dengar and his wife/girlfriend who saved Boba Fett from the Sarlac pit. I've read so many SW books that I can't really remember the details. It's all becoming one big blur except for the great stuff (Thrawn Trilogy, Han Solo Trilogy) and the really crappy stuff (anything by Barbara Hambly)

Rogue II
03-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Was he on the sail barge? I thought he was only in the Palace. He was seen when everyone gathered around to watch the Rancor.

I think 12inch Lando is refering to Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

12inch Lando
03-24-2003, 09:30 AM
I think the book that Rogue II is refering to is the book that I named in my previous post.;)

2-1B
03-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Oh, maybe he wasn't -- could I be thinking of Bossk? :confused:

sorry.

BTW, Fett never escaped from the pit so about Dengar rescuing him . . . whatever. :rolleyes:
:crazed:

Clint Torres
03-24-2003, 05:26 PM
FIRST OFF...12inch LANDO has got to be the RADDEST name out there in these posts!!! Serioulsy think about that one...BOOYAH props man, sweet stuff...oh yah...about DENGAR, uhm, I have the widescreen editions on Laserdisc, and no I've never noticed him, what I have noticed tho is some strange alien dude in the background wearing JEDI robes...wtf is that all about???

Kidhuman
03-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Don't feelbad Amy, I never saw him in ROTJ until the Red6 sight either. You learn something new everyday.

DarthChuckMc
03-24-2003, 08:01 PM
"Clint Torres"......I get it :D
Do you have a sister named Cleopatra or Cleo for short? j/k (Son of the Beach reference.)

But I digress...

I never saw Denny 'til I bought the widescreen vhs either. I probably saw Jedi 50+ times in the theater, too.

Speaking of "hidden" things in SW films, everyone did see the Millennium Falcon(s) in AOTC right?

Jayspawn
03-25-2003, 01:32 AM
I didn't know Dengar was in Jabba's Palace until I saw ROTJ in Widescreen (another reason that widescreen is better) several years back. I was facinated as hell.

mini-rock
03-25-2003, 04:09 AM
A couple weeks ago I noticed R2 making his way into the battle arena in AOTC. It's right after Kit Fisto force pushes 3-PO Battledroid to the ground, on the far right.

As for Dengar, yeah I noticed him, but not till like after the 100th time I saw ROTJ. He wasn't on the barge though.

Pendo
03-25-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
A couple weeks ago I noticed R2 making his way into the battle arena in AOTC. It's right after Kit Fisto force pushes 3-PO Battledroid to the ground, on the far right.

Not noticed that one. I'll have to look out for it :).

This whole conversation just proves why Widescreen is ALOT better than Pan & Scan. Next time there is a discussion on which is better, just point them to this thread :).

PENDO!

QLD
03-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Tales of the Bounty Hunters wasn't a bad book at all. I mean, is Boba escapting from the sarlacc pit any less heartbreaking than seeing baby Boba in AOTC? Not to me anyway.

And yeah, 12" Lando is an awesome name.....I wonder who gave him the idea for it....... ;)

2-1B
03-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I mean, is Boba escapting from the sarlacc pit any less heartbreaking than seeing baby Boba in AOTC?

Boba escaping from the pit is infinitely more "heartbreaking" than lil' Bobers in AOTC. :D

QLD
03-25-2003, 01:21 PM
I think people are just scared of EU.

People complain because they bring their favorite bounty hunter back to life, in what I think was a fairly realistic way......

So they take the liberty of killing Chewie.....and they complain too......

"it didn't happen in the movie"...wahhh blah blah blah.......

Open your minds.

The prequels didn't happen in the original trilogy too, but some people seem content to live with THOSE nightmare stories, compared to the much superior stories written for EU.

That's enough from me :)

:crazed:

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Well in light of all the EU stuff, I just got a book from thew library and am reading it. I think it is shadows of the past or visions to the future. NOt sure but hey I'll give it a shot.

scruffziller
03-25-2003, 07:13 PM
I never noticed it either.

El Chuxter
03-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Well in light of all the EU stuff, I just got a book from thew library and am reading it. I think it is shadows of the past or visions to the future. NOt sure but hey I'll give it a shot.

Shadows of the Empire?

Specter of the Past?

Vision of the Future?

Just don't read Vision of the Future before reading Specter of the Past, or you'll get really messed up.

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Shadows of the Empire?

Specter of the Past?

Vision of the Future?

Just don't read Vision of the Future before reading Specter of the Past, or you'll get really messed up.

Thanks thats the one I got. I will return tomorrow and get the latter. :)

JediTricks
03-26-2003, 12:14 AM
I think the reason you don't notice him is because he's used as a background extra in a very densely-populated location shot under fairly dim lighting. In some ways that's the same with the Cantina from ANH, except that there is a little more life and color going on in there and there's several shots that aren't focused on any specific character so you have more time to take it all in.

Amy
03-26-2003, 01:55 AM
Well I'm glade I'm not the only one lol. Boba got out in tales of Jabba's palace as well, and I for one LIKE the idea of him getting out.

Boba da'man, no damn creature gonna keep da'playa down....err..somthing..

TheDarthVader
03-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Can someone post the link to this "red 6" site? you're killin me! All this talk and no link :) thanks!

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Heres ya go.

http://red6.tk/

mm74md
04-23-2003, 04:24 PM
"Official EU"

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/dengar/eu.html

It was a rebirth for Dengar. Surviving the collapse of Jabba the Hutt's criminal empire, Dengar's newfound compassion and camaraderie extended to rescuing a naked and wounded Boba Fett who had clawed his way out of the Sarlacc's gullet. The two formed a working partnership that would last years, and Fett even served as best man at Dengar and Manaroo's wedding.

Fett and Dengar eventually parted ways during the resurrected Emperor's campaign to retake the galaxy. Though he surfaced from time to time in the years after, Dengar's current whereabouts and activities are unknown.