PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to catch me up to speed about....everything? lol

Amy
03-24-2003, 02:43 AM
Ok, heres the deal. The only book I have EVER read was Tales Of Jabba's Palace, and LOVED it. But, I have no idea what happened after ROTJ!:o I have heard some things, although I'n not sure if they are all true.

1)Emperor is still alive? I heard he had clones of himself or something, that true?

2)God no........Chewy......dead..?:mad:

3)Leia is now a Jedi, and has kids with Han? How many, and whats their names?

4) Did luke marry Mara Jade? If so, do they have kids?

5)Whats going on with 3P0,R2,Ackbar,Mon Mothma,Wedge,Lando, or Madine?

6)Is there more Jedi besides Luke, Leia(?), and Mara Jade? I heard Luke started a Jedi Acadamy, is this true?

7) Are the old gang(LukeHan,Leia, ya know) part of the new Republic? If so, did they start it?

8)Does Luke still see Obi-Wan?

9)What role do the old gang play now? I mean, what do they do? I know Luke is a Jedi and all, but is the Empire still around to keep them busy, or...what?

Ok, the REEEEEEEEEEEASON I am asking so many questions is, I'm going to start reading all the new books and comics put out, and I will be soooo lost without your help.

So if you can think of ANYTHING else that you think might help me so I wont be so lost, please tell me:) Like, is there any new players, that might not be so new to you guys, but will be to me(since Jedi was the end of the saga for me)? I dont even know who Thrawn is.:rolleyes:

Well, I know this is a huge favor, but thanks in advance for any help I might get.:)

Rogue II
03-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Well, you've asked for info that is about a dozen different series. I can only tell you about the books I've read.

The Han Solo Trilogy was great. It starts when he was a teenager and ends with him sitting in the cantina. It clears up a lot of things that come up in the Classic Trilogy.

The Zahn Trilogy takes place after ROTJ. It has been years since I read it, but it was very good. I am planning on re-reading them soon. These books will probably answer a lot of your questions.

I am currently reading the X-Wing Series. The first book was good, and I'm part way through the 2nd book. I think there are some books I should have read before I started this series because they keep refering to some battles that took place after ROTJ. I quit reading the Jedi Academy books for these.

Most of the Tales from ___ books are pretty good. Jabba's Palace was probably the best.

12inch Lando
03-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Without a doubt the place to start is the Tim Zahn trilogy of books sometimes referred to as the Thrawn trilogy. Written in 1991 these books are, many believe, chiefly responsible for rekindling fan interest in all things Star Wars.

They are:
Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Heir to the Empire starts about 5 years after ROTJ. If you want a solid foundation on post ROTJ E.U. books then this is the place to start. All the back history you need is in the original movie trilogy. There has been so much stuff written in the last ten years that trying to read it all may seem a bit daunting. I might suggest that you narrow your scope a bit. For instance, I like the graphic novels but view them only as a supplement to the books. I pick and choose what I want to read but don't feel obligated to read them all like I do the books. Especially the post ANH books. Except for the Han Solo Trilogy (highly recommended) and a few select others I prefer to stick mostly to the post ANH books and that doesn't narrow it down that much. You're still talking about almost 60 books spanning 30 years! :crazed: I'm always excited when someone expresses interest in reading the books. You'll now be entering a much larger universe. :) There are some good guys here in the books forum and they'll be on soon with their input. I don't post here much because by the time I buy a book they've already discussed it to death. :D

Amy
03-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Well I was going to start buying the new books that come out, but I guess I should go back and read some of the olfer ones.:eek:

El Chuxter
03-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Wow. . . That's quite a list. I'll do my best, but be forewarned that I'm going to have to include some minor spoilers.

Originally posted by Amy
1)Emperor is still alive? I heard he had clones of himself or something, that true?

He cloned himself ad nauseum--and I do mean nauseum--in the Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End comic series (all of which take place six years post-ROTJ and are available in graphic novel format now). It's up in the air as to whether the true consciousness of Palpatine inhabited his clones, as originally stated in these comics. Mara Jade makes a comment in one of the Hand of Thrawn novels that she doesn't believe it was really him, and I'd put more stock in Mara than in the guy who wrote these comics.

Sad to say, though, you should definitely read these comics if you want the full story. They're heavily referenced in later books (including even a premonition in Tatooine Ghost).

2)God no........Chewy......dead..?:mad:

Chewie was killed by the first wave of Yuuzhan Vong invaders in Vector Prime. Though it's controversial, and the death toll in later New Jedi Order novels goes a bit to the extreme, I understand why it was done. Earlier novels were rather formulaic after a while, and there was no suspense as to whether the main characters would survive. So the word came down to kill Chewie, since only one or two writers were able to do him any justice anyway.

3)Leia is now a Jedi, and has kids with Han? How many, and whats their names?

Not quite. Leia has had some rudimentary Jedi training, but is far from being a Knight. She has (had) three kids, the twins Jacen and Jaina (born in The Last Command) and Anakin (born in Dark Empire and killed off in Star by Star).

4) Did luke marry Mara Jade? If so, do they have kids?

They were engaged in Vision of the Future and married in Union (both excellent reads). They have one son, Ben, who was born in one of the NJO novels with bland titles that blend together. :)

5)Whats going on with 3P0,R2,Ackbar,Mon Mothma,Wedge,Lando, or Madine?

C-3PO: Leia's personal droid, keeping a fairly low profile through most of the NJO.
R2-D2: Luke's personal droid, also keeping a low profile.
Mon Mothma: Died in her sleep of old age shortly before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion (as revealed in The New Essential Guide to Characters).
Wedge: Brought out of retirement to fight the Vong. Last seen leading a sort of "New Rebellion" that fought the Vong outside the decayed New Republic, but now that the Republic seems to be recovering, current whereabouts unknown. I think it's safe to assume he's kicking Vong butt.
Lando: Along with his wife Tendra, marketing the YVA (Yuuzhan Vong Assassin) model of battle droids to combat the Vong.
Madine: Killed by Durga the Hutt in Darksaber (the first movie character to be killed and stay dead in a pre-NJO novel, btw) after a long, distinguished career as the head of New Republic Intelligence.

6)Is there more Jedi besides Luke, Leia(?), and Mara Jade? I heard Luke started a Jedi Acadamy, is this true?

Yes and yes. There are tons of Jedi Knights, with the clear standout among fans being Corran Horn (created by Mike Stackpole in the excellent Rogue Squadron series of comics and novels, and whose training is detailed in I, Jedi, the only SW book to be told in first person).

7) Are the old gang(LukeHan,Leia, ya know) part of the new Republic? If so, did they start it?

The simple answer of this is yes. It'd be hard to go into detail without this getting really long. :)

Obi-Wan last appeared to Luke in Heir to the Empire, when he told Luke it was becoming too difficult to maintain his identity within the Force. Anakin and Yoda never appeared to Luke after ROTJ (though some details from the latest issue of Star Wars Tales and The Truce at Bakura seem to dispute this). Anakin appeared to Leia once, in The Truce at Bakura.

9)What role do the old gang play now? I mean, what do they do? I know Luke is a Jedi and all, but is the Empire still around to keep them busy, or...what?

After a gazillion tales of warlords coming to power and being defeated again within the space of single novels, the Empire is currently allied with the New Republic fighting the Yuuzhan Vong incursion, with Admiral Gillad Pellaeon more or less in control.

As for recommendations, if you want to read everything, I'd go as close to publication date. If not, read anything by Timothy Zahn, then anything by Mike Stackpole, then Shadows of the Empire and Dark Empire (both less than perfect but important reading), then the prequel-era novels, then Tatooine Ghost, then the NJO.

Amy
03-24-2003, 04:03 PM
WOW El Chuxter, thats what I was looking for! You REALLY REALLY know your Star Wars!!:eek: Yes, I WILL for sure buy Tatooine Ghost. It sounds like a great read:).

Its pretty cool there is more Jedi in the future:) I'm so sad about Chewie and Mom Mothma:( I have alwyas loved them both, so thats really upsetting:(

El Chuxter-Your a saint!:kiss:

Kidhuman
03-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Wow having read none of the books except for the first Han Solo trilogy, that is alot of info. I never got into those books. I think I am gonna start getting and reading them though, sound interesting. Gonna go to the library tomorrow.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Okay Mr. Smarty Pants-less Bear! Let's see you answer these riddles three... hundred thousand! :frus: ;)

Are there any relatives of movie characters, like the Darklighters, Porkinses, Dodonnas, Mottis, Tarkins, etc.?

Have there been any crazed madmen or alien species trying to rule the galaxy?

Any superweapons created to aid in ruling the galaxy?

Have any bounty hunters or gangsters been un-killed or re-introduced?

Have there been any continuity errors or contradictory stories?

Have I given you enough to talk about? (Inside joke)

:rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
03-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Amy

Mara found out Luke was still seeing Ben and she told Luke to make a choice. It was a very tough choice, and as evidence of Luke continuing feelings for Obi Wan, Luke named his first baby after his first love.:rolleyes: :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, no of course NOT!

may the Emperor himself strike me down with force lightning for lying

El Chuxter
03-25-2003, 06:17 PM
No problemo, Amy. That's what I'm here for. :)

A saint, huh? I kinda like the sound of that. . . . Saint El Chuxter, Patron Saint of Pirate Bears!

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Are there any relatives of movie characters, like the Darklighters, Porkinses, Dodonnas, Mottis, Tarkins, etc.?

Only on the third Saturday following the vernal equinox.

Have there been any crazed madmen or alien species trying to rule the galaxy?

Not counting yourself? :p

Any superweapons created to aid in ruling the galaxy?

Only the Party AT-AT and the TIE Fighter of Love.

Have any bounty hunters or gangsters been un-killed or re-introduced?

Didn't Vader show up 5 years post-ROTJ at a Wal-Mart in Tennesseeooine?

No, because all those were cleared up in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2003, 06:56 PM
The place in which the NY Mets travel in order to reach their home games...

to Shea. (French term meaning "zinger!" :p )

Pirate Bears... in Pittsburgh! I like it!

Eternal Padawan
03-28-2003, 05:37 PM
The other thing to remember is that this all takes place over a period of 30 years, so Han is pushing sixty, and Luke and Leia are in their late forties. It lends an element to the epic quality of the written stories.

People tend to picture these characters like they were in the novels. I try to picture them like they look now (in interviews and such).

Deoxyribonucleic
03-28-2003, 05:42 PM
Amy, yet another good one is "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" by Alan Dean Foster

It was the first book ever written in the so called "expanded universe" in 1978.

It's a great story and they also have the comic series for it.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy! All the books mentioned are great!

:D

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Much of this list came from http://jceu.tripod.com/

December 1976 - Episode IV - A New Hope (the movie novels are great, even if they're not really "Expanded" Universe)
February 1978 - Splinter of the Mind's Eye (great!)
April 1979 - Han Solo at Stars' End (all the Han books are awesome)
November 1979 - Han Solo's Revenge
August 1980 - Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
May 1980 - Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
1983 - Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (I really like the Lando books)
1983 - Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
1983 - Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
May 1983 - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
June 1991 - The Thrawn Trilogy I: Heir to the Empire (some of the best EU here)
June 1992 - The Thrawn Trilogy II: Dark Force Rising (best of the 3 Thrawn books IMO)
May 1993 - The Thrawn Trilogy III: The Last Command
January 1994 - The Truce at Bakura (ugh)
March 1994 - The Jedi Academy Trilogy I: Jedi Search (I liked KJA's first SW books)
May 1994 - The Courtship of Princess Leia (great!)
July 1994 - The Jedi Academy Trilogy II: Dark Apprentice
October 1994 - The Jedi Academy Trilogy III: Champions of the Force
November 1994 - The Crystal Star (ugh)
February 1995 - The Corellian Trilogy I: Ambush at Corellia (this Han trilogy is so-so at times)
May 1995 - Children of the Jedi (semi-ugh)
June 1995 - The Corellian Trilogy II: Assault at Selonia
August 1995 - Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (one of the best!)
September 1995 - The Corellian Trilogy III: Showdown at Centerpoint
November 1995 - Darksaber (semi-ugh)
January 1996- Tales from Jabba's Palace (another awesome book; most of the Tales of... are)
February 1996 - X-Wing I: Rogue Squadron (eh)
March 1996 - The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy I: Before the Storm (not that great)
May 1996 - Shadows of the Empire (awesome!)
June 1996 - X-Wing II: Wedge's Gamble
August 1996 - The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy II: Shield of Lies
October 1996 - X-Wing III: The Krytos Trap
December 1996 - The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy III: Tyrant's Test
December 1996 - The New Rebellion (ugh)
December 1996 - Tales of the Bounty Hunters (great!)
February 1997 - X-Wing IV: The Bacta War
March 1997 - Planet of Twilight (ugh)
July 1997 - The Han Solo Trilogy I: The Paradise Snare (this is on par with the Daly stories)
September 1997 - The Han Solo Trilogy II: The Hutt Gambit
December 1997 - Tales from the Empire (ok)
December 1997 - The Hand of Thrawn Duology I: Specter of the Past (still good Zahn)
February 1998 - X-Wing V: Wraith Squadron
March 1998 - The Han Solo Trilogy III: Rebel Dawn
May 1998 - I, Jedi (great)
June 1998 - The Bounty Hunter Wars I: The Mandalorian Armor
July 1998 - X-Wing VI: Iron Fist
September 1998 - The Hand of Thrawn Duology II: Vision of the Future
October 1998 - The Bounty Hunter Wars II: Slave Ship
February 1999 - X-Wing VII: Solo Command
April 1999 - X-Wing VIII: Isard's Revenge
May 1999 - Episode I - The Phantom Menace
July 1999 - The Bounty Hunter Wars III: Hard Merchandise
August 1999 - X-Wing IX: Starfighters of Adumar
October 1999 - The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (I don't like much of the NJO)
December 1999 - Tales from the New Republic
February 2000- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
May 2000 - Rogue Planet
June 2000 - The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
August 2000 - The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
October 2000 - The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
November 2000 - The New Jedi Order: Balance Point

February 2001- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
April 2001 - The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
June 2001 - Cloak of Deception
August 2001 - The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
November 2001 - The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
February 2002 - The Approaching Storm
February 2002 - The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
April 2002 - The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
April 2002 - Episode II - Attack of the Clones
May 2002 - The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
August 2002 - The New Jedi Order: Traitor
October 2002 - The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
January 2003 – Force Heretic I: Remnant
March 2003 – Tatooine Ghost (I haven't read yet)
May 2003 – Force Heretic II: Refugee (not out yet)
July 2003 – Force Heretic III: Reunion (not out yet)
Glove of Darth Vader (not bad, not also not good; early young adult SW)
Queen of the Empire
Lost City of the Jedi
Zorba the Hutt’s Revenge
Mission to Mount Yoda
Prophets of the Dark Side
Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric’s World
Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin’s Quest
Junior Jedi Knights: Vader's Fortress
Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade
Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force
Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan
Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell
Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City
Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
Jedi Quest #1: The Way of the Apprentice Apr 2002
Jedi Quest #2: The Trail of the Jedi Apr 2002
Jedi Quest #3: The Dangerous Games Aug 2002
Jedi Quest #4: Master of Disguise Dec 2002
Jedi Quest #5: The School of Fear Feb 2003
Jedi Quest #6: The Shadow Trap May 2003
Jedi Quest Special Edition
Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (these are perhaps the best young adult SW stories)
Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival
Jedi Apprentice: The Hidden Past
Jedi Apprentice: The Mark of the Crown
Jedi Apprentice: The Defenders of the Dead
Jedi Apprentice: The Uncertain Path
Jedi Apprentice: The Captive Temple
Jedi Apprentice: The Day of Reckoning
Jedi Apprentice: The Fight for Truth
Jedi Apprentice: The Shattered Peace
Jedi Apprentice: The Deadly Hunter
Jedi Apprentice: The Evil Experiment
Jedi Apprentice: The Dangerous Rescue
Jedi Apprentice: The Ties That Bind
Jedi Apprentice: The Death of Hope
Jedi Apprentice: The Call to Vengeance
Jedi Apprentice: The Only Witness
Jedi Apprentice: The Threat Within
Jedi Apprentice: Special Edition #1, Deceptions
Jedi Apprentice: Special Edition #2, The Followers

I'd go through all of them, but no.

James Boba Fettfield
04-01-2003, 11:32 AM
That list is missing the Galaxy of Fear books. How could they not include them? I mean, one story involved cannibals and Boba Fett on Dagobah! Dude!

Vortex
04-01-2003, 12:15 PM
If you really want a quick run down...buy the "essential" guides to charachters, vehicles, weapons, etc...that will give you a quick run down. There one that deals with time lines and events...but I can't recall the title of the it...essential guide to blah, blah, blah. The Stars Wars universe??? or something like that...just surf amazon.

Or you could just resort to a slightly old, slightly out dated star wars bible. The Star Wars encyclopedia has tons of info, brief, but it will help answer some questions and its a good reference or starting point.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
That list is missing the Galaxy of Fear books. How could they not include them? I mean, one story involved cannibals and Boba Fett on Dagobah! Dude!
Actually the list was missing all the young adult novels (i.e. Jedi Apprentice/Quest, Young/Junior Jedi Knights, Glove of D.Vader, etc.). It was my goof about the GOF books. :( Time for a BSLOS...

"Someone left the cake out in the rain...
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again
Oooh, nooo! oh oh no no!!!"
:eek:

Here's the rest of the Galaxy of Fear books:
#1 Eaten Alive
#2 City of the Dead
#3 Planet Plague
#4 The Nightmare Machine
#5 Ghost of the Jedi
#6 Army of Terror
#7 The Brain Spiders
#8 The Swarm
#9 Spore
#10 The Doomsday Ship
#11 Clones
#12 The Hunger

I miss any other novels (not just resource/information ones)?

Amy
04-02-2003, 02:58 AM
Well thats one hell of a list lol. Thanks:) I looked for Tatooine Ghost today when I was at work, and we have ZERO SW books. I'll try another Wal-Mart tomarrow after work.

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Now the list is excellent in my eyes. You can never leave off the Galaxy of Fear. Featuring cameos by all of our favorite SW characters, and some had those holographic covers!

I'm sorry, I just liked those books more than I thought I would when I read them.

Darth Jax
04-02-2003, 09:59 PM
don't forget the new boba fett young adult books coming out with the clone wars.
Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
Boba Fett: Crossfire

Also Mace Windu: Shatterpoint due out in June.

The essentials book with the timeline is Chronology.

Kidhuman
04-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Well I have been reading Heir to the Empire and ordered 6 books from a book club for 14 dollars total. I got few NJO books, Shadow Hunter, a guide to weapons and Cloak of Deception. I am looking forward to reading those books but want ot finish the Heir trilogy first. Are those books any good that I got and are they like 3 book sets?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-05-2003, 05:29 PM
CLoak of Deception was real good IMO, Shadowhunter was alright, not awful but not the best either, definitely worth the read though!

As far as I'm concerned, all the NJO books are pretty damn good! I've really enjoyed the series and can't wait to see how it ends.

James Boba Fettfield
04-05-2003, 05:52 PM
I enjoyed Shadow Hunter, kidhuman. If you like all things Maul, you should be pleased with it. I can't tell you anything about Cloak of Deception, since I have not read it. As for that guide to weapons, I have all of those Essential Guides, and they are very good books for referencing different things you may be unfamiliar with in Star Wars. Those are the kind of books I am glad I purchased and have on my bookshelves. You should look into the other essential guides.

Kidhuman
04-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I enjoyed Shadow Hunter, kidhuman. If you like all things Maul, you should be pleased with it. I can't tell you anything about Cloak of Deception, since I have not read it. As for that guide to weapons, I have all of those Essential Guides, and they are very good books for referencing different things you may be unfamiliar with in Star Wars. Those are the kind of books I am glad I purchased and have on my bookshelves. You should look into the other essential guides.

I like all things Maul. The figures just got overbearing though. I think Maul was by far a great character and had hoped he would be back through the clone wars. I want to get the other essential guides and all, I should of got the one for vehicles and all instead of weapons and technology. But the great thing about book clubs is that yuou have to buy more and they have more.

Darth Jax
04-06-2003, 12:49 AM
the tales of... books are generally great. with short stories about the title characters. makes it easy to read if you only have short blocks of time to work with. the bounty hunter wars trilogy was interesting but got confusing since much of it is flashback/storytelling for the narrative.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2003, 02:08 PM
I took my list, adding in the books I'd forgotten, to rank, according to MY OWN OPINION, all the Star Wars novels I have read (or am currently reading), including young adult books, but not ones like The Wookiee Storybook, The Maverick Moon, etc. or the Essentials/guides/trivia/etc. I have sometimes lumped a series of books together, in numeric order.

1) Dark Force Rising
2) Star Wars A New Hope
3) The Hutt Gambit
4) Rebel Dawn
5) The Paradise Snare
6) Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
7) Tales from Jabba's Palace
8) Han Solo at Stars' End
9) Han Solo's Revenge
10) Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
11) Episode I - The Phantom Menace
12) The Empire Strikes Back
13) Lando Calrissian & the Starcave of ThonBoka
14) Lando Calrissian & the Mindharp of Sharu
15) Lando Calrissian & the Flamewind of Oseon
16) The Courtship of Princess Leia
17) Heir to the Empire
18) The Last Command
19) Shadows of the Empire
20) Splinter of the Mind's Eye
21) Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
22) Jedi Apprentice #1: The Rising Force
23) Jedi Apprentice #2: The Dark Rival
24) Jedi Apprentice #6: The Uncertain Path
25) Jedi Apprentice #3: The Hidden Past
26) Jedi Apprentice #9: The Fight for Truth
27) Jedi Apprentice #4: The Mark of the Crown
28) Jedi Apprentice #5: The Defenders of the Dead
29) Jedi Apprentice #7: The Captive Temple
30) Jedi Apprentice #8: The Day of Reckoning
31) Jedi Apprentice #10: The Shattered Peace
32) Jedi Apprentice #13: The Dangerous Rescue
33) Jedi Apprentice #14: The Ties That Bind
34) Jedi Apprentice #15: The Death of Hope
35) Jedi Apprentice #16: The Call to Vengeance
36) Jedi Apprentice #12: The Evil Experiment
37) Jedi Apprentice #11: The Deadly Hunter
38) Return of the Jedi
39) I, Jedi
40) Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force
41) Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
42) Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
43) Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
44) Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
45) Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
46) Dark Apprentice
47) Jedi Search
48) Champions of the Force
49) Episode II - Attack of the Clones
50) Showdown at Centerpoint
51) Ambush at Corellia
52) Assault at Selonia
53) Tales of the Bounty Hunters
54) X-Wing V: Wraith Squadron
55) X-Wing VI: Iron Fist
56) X-Wing VII: Solo Command
57) X-Wing VIII: Isard's Revenge
58) Specter of the Past
59) Vision of the Future
60) The Approaching Storm
61) Tales from the Empire
62) The Mandalorian Armor
63) Slave Ship
64) Hard Merchandise
65) X-Wing IX: Starfighters of Adumar
66) Force Heretic I: Remnant
67) Tales from the New Republic
68) Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
69) Jedi Quest Special Edition
70) Junior Jedi Knights: The Golden Globe
71) Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
72) Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin’s Quest
73) Junior Jedi Knights: Vader's Fortress
74) Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade
75) Junior Jedi Knights: Lyric’s World
76) Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan
77) Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
78) Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
79) Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
80) Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
81) Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell
82) Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City
83) Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
84) Jedi Apprentice #17: The Only Witness
85) Jedi Apprentice #18: The Threat Within
86) Galaxy of Fear #1 Eaten Alive
87) Galaxy of Fear #2 City of the Dead
88) Galaxy of Fear #12 The Hunger
89) Galaxy of Fear #3 Planet Plague
90) Galaxy of Fear #6 Army of Terror
91) Galaxy of Fear #7 The Brain Spiders
92) Galaxy of Fear #8 The Swarm
93) Galaxy of Fear #10 The Doomsday Ship
94) Galaxy of Fear #11 Clones
95) Galaxy of Fear #9 Spore
96) Galaxy of Fear #4 The Nightmare Machine
97) Galaxy of Fear #5 Ghost of the Jedi
98) Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
99) Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
100) Edge of Victory I: Conquest
101) Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
102) Dark Journey
103) Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
104) Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
105) Traitor
106) Destiny's Way
107) Jedi Quest #1: The Way of the Apprentice
108) Jedi Quest #2: The Trail of the Jedi
109) Jedi Quest #3: The Dangerous Games
110) Jedi Quest #4: Master of Disguise
111) Jedi Quest #5: The School of Fear
112) Jedi Quest #6: The Shadow Trap
113) Cloak of Deception
114) Vector Prime
115) Star by Star
116) Jedi Apprentice: Special Edition #1, Deceptions
117) Jedi Apprentice: Special Edition #2, The Followers
118) X-Wing I: Rogue Squadron
119) X-Wing II: Wedge's Gamble
120) X-Wing III: The Krytos Trap
121) X-Wing IV: The Bacta War
122) Dark Tide I: Onslaught
123) Dark Tide II: Ruin
124) Glove of Darth Vader
125) Prophets of the Dark Side
126) Lost City of the Jedi
127) Zorba the Hutt’s Revenge
128) Mission to Mount Yoda
129) Queen of the Empire
130) Balance Point
131) Boba Fett: Crossfire
132) Rogue Planet
133) Planet of Twilight
134) The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy I: Before the Storm
135) The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy II: Shield of Lies
136) The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy III: Tyrant's Test
137) Darksaber
138) The New Rebellion
139) The Crystal Star
140) Children of the Jedi
141) The Truce at Bakura
???) Tatooine Ghost (I haven't finished yet - 4/8)

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Oh my god. I have to read all those. I just finished Heir and it was awesome. Dark Force Rising is a good book too. I wanna read all the new ones I just got but this is holding my attention for now. If anyone wants to join the book club just PM me and I will send the link to you. I got 6 books for 14 dollars and have to buy 4 more in two years.

Darth Jax
04-08-2003, 08:41 PM
i have the same problem with maul in shadowhunter as i did in TPM (which i'm sure has been beat to death elsewhere in the forums). if he's that good, shouldn't obi have had a little more difficult time dispatching him? or is it just another case of him not looking at the little details/underestimating his opponents such as is illustrated in shadowhunter? overall i enjoyed the book, especially since the 'hero' character of the book is someone that's inherently evil since he's a Sith.

thought it was rather an easy way to get out of having Jedi killed by sacrificing themselves to the force as obi later does in ANH.