PDA

View Full Version : What's the most unusual Star Wars collectible you own?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2003, 02:32 PM
I have two so far that I can think of and I love them because they are like nothing else I've ever seen...pretty much one of a kind and completely uncanny!

One is my darth vader marionette I got south of the border and the second is a ceramic darth vader lamp a great friend just recently sent me!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Here's the Vader lamp.

Kidhuman
03-24-2003, 02:57 PM
I have a photo-mosaic picture of Vader. It is made up of little SW scenes up close and from far away it looks like Vader. I would post a pic but my web-cam doesn't reach that far. Need a digital camera.

Rogue II
03-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Well, I have some Korea bootleg 3 3/4" figures from the POTF2/SOTE (2 different 8-packs) and a couple single carded figures from Episode 1. I'll post some pics later.

My mother-in-law bought me some interesting items...Episode 1 pod racing boxers, the sketch art droid factory, and the ATOC Jedi trivia book. I have the Classic Trilogy NASCAR matchbox car from Cheerios.

Darth Cruel
03-24-2003, 07:09 PM
I don't really consider them to be unusual, but I have the photo-mosaic of Yoda. A want to get a Vader to hang across from it.

Kidhuman
03-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
I don't really consider them to be unusual, but I have the photo-mosaic of Yoda. A want to get a Vader to hang across from it.

When I bought Vader they had Yoda and I didn't get both. When I went back for Yoda they were sold out. Go figure it was at a college book store. I do wanna get Yoda.

DarthChuckMc
03-24-2003, 07:25 PM
My kids bought me some Sebulba boxer shorts for Father's Day in 1999. They're actually the most comfortable pair of "underthingys" I own. I'd take a picture but, well.....you know....that'd be scary.

Vortex
03-24-2003, 07:37 PM
a metalized lithograph, framed photo of the bounty hunters on cloud city. Bought it at a comic shop for 8 bucks back in 96 while hunting down boba fett on the orage card.

Its not really odd or rare, but I a limited run boba fett one shot comic. I think they printed less that 5,000. It was a good story, and true fett. My local comic shop only got 5 in so I go lucky.

Toss in the 1st and last issue of the Star Wars collector mag. It was 100 some odd pages of vintage shots, and 95 on. It was a going to be a quartly issue, but it died after the 1st release. I can't remember if it was a hasbro thing or lucasarts thing, but it was star wars toys from cover to cover.

dr_evazan22
03-24-2003, 07:55 PM
I have 2 things, no picuters of either though.

The first is a magnet from E1. It's a B-droid on STAP hung on a small wire from a tree in the Naboo swamp.

The second is a series of 3 posters from 1977 that were produced by Proctor and Gamble for promo back then. A girlfriends parents has a ton of each rolled up and perfectly preserved in their closet. I mounted 1 set to hang and keep a second rolled. The art isn't all that great, it's just neat to have something from way back.

Fulit
03-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
My kids bought me some Sebulba boxer shorts for Father's Day in 1999. They're actually the most comfortable pair of "underthingys" I own. I'd take a picture but, well.....you know....that'd be scary.

ha, I've got some Naboo Starfighter ones my wife got me.....the crazy thing is, everytime I've accidentally made a toy find (when I wasn't out looking purposefully) I've been wearing these Naboo Starfighter boxers. I'm too afraid I'll jinx it to try it on purpose, so so far it's only been on accident.

12inch Lando
03-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Hey, Deoxy! You've got some wacky stuff and it's awsome! I think odd/rare collectables are the best. How about a pic of that lamp turned on? Thanks.

kool-aid killer
03-25-2003, 07:46 AM
I dont think this is very odd but i have ESB and ROTJ bedsheets. And i use them. Oh yeah!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks 12" Lando!!! :)

Here's a pic of the vader lamp on in the dark for ya :D

JediTricks
03-26-2003, 12:20 AM
Before TPM came out, my mom bought me this large gift bag that says "Have a nice Millennium" on a star background and has a large Darth Vader with a smilie for a face.

Jayspawn
03-26-2003, 04:29 PM
I have all the Premiums that Taco Bell had during the Special Edition era. Including the Star Wars themed taco wrapers- I have them pressed and in mint condition. Crazy huh?

DahrJin
03-26-2003, 05:26 PM
I only have a few and they are more strange than anything else. Sorry no pics, I have no digi camera at this time. :cry:

1: Vader ceramic bust that lights up. It was made by someone and I got it at a flea market for $1.00. It has lightbright pegs on the chest plate and a transparent red plastic rod for his saber and his eyes are cut out to let light shine through. The kicker is, it has one of those little music box things, you know the kind that make the metalic tink..tink sounding songs, built in that plays the SW theme.

2: An original sountrack of SW from the 70's. It's so old it's on 8 track.

3: And I too have a pair of SW boxers my wife and daughter bought me. They are the TPM ones with Maul on them. :p

gsr-jedi
03-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Well I don't have any underroos or home furnishings (though I did once consider buying some outlet plates off of eBay). Well not really unusual, I've got both boxes of the SW cereal released last year (that stuff was really good), also a 25th Ann. pin set, a promo poster from TRU from Ep.1 (this thing is big, it's about 4 feet tall), the R2-D2 & C-3PO bobbleheads are pretty weird, a Jango Fett gum dispenser. Before my house was on fire, I had a paper cup from KFC from Ep.1 that I hung on the wall, and some little figures from some book. Also a Obi-Wan & Darth Maul pen, not the ones from cereal last year, but some Ep.1 ones I bought at a $1 store. The pen is the blade and the hilt is the cap, it's actually 3 pens, with the Darth Maul ones combining to be his double blade.

12inch Lando
03-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Thanks Deoxy. I showed it to my girlfriend and she said "Why does it have C3PO eyes?" Answer: "It just does baby... It just does." LOL Pretty cool. I bet that thing gets hot as hell though if you leave it on too long.

JediTricks
03-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by gsr-jedi
Also a Obi-Wan & Darth Maul pen, not the ones from cereal last year, but some Ep.1 ones I bought at a $1 store. The pen is the blade and the hilt is the cap, it's actually 3 pens, with the Darth Maul ones combining to be his double blade. I have that set too, surprisingly nice pens so I've already used up one of the Maul pens.

I have the Taco Bell Special Edition toys from '97, someone sent them to me in a trade, including the recalled Death Star.

I have a popcorn bucket from the Special Editions.

I have the numbered version of the Ep 1 Australian mini-figures set, the one with all the figs and the Naboo Fighter.

I have one of those nifty Jedi Braid/Holo Royal Starship sets.

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh oh.....I forgot....You know that classic Chewie mug, the real expensive one in one of Sansweet's books? I got one of those from a garage sale. The lady made it in ceramics class when she was in high school. I also got a weird Vader "lamp" thing. I'll post pictures of both in a few.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Thanks Deoxy. I showed it to my girlfriend and she said "Why does it have C3PO eyes?" Answer: "It just does baby... It just does." LOL Pretty cool. I bet that thing gets hot as hell though if you leave it on too long.

The eyes are hilarious! They are actually those button eyes that they used to put on stuffed animals from the "old days"

I wonder what teddybear is running around without eyes right now? :crazed:

And speaking of braids, my Ma got me a "real" jedi braid from EP1 that you can clip into your hair and look like Obi Wan or lil Anakin. :cool: It's pretty wacky as I can't imagine anyone, even a kid, wearing it???

:)

Rogue II
03-27-2003, 07:01 PM
I forgot one of mine...

A Korean Episode 1 Qui Gon Pepsi. I gave one to my little brother, but I can't remember who was on the can.

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 07:25 PM
here they are

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Do you realize DarthChuck, we have the same darth vader lamp??? Mine just has 'teddybear" eyes and no red and blue lights in the chest plate.

hmmmmmmm, that's strange and unusual all by itself.

:D :crazed: :D

PoggleTheGreater
03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
I got some ROTJ party hats and napkins from the 80's, and an old R2-D2 cake pan. My cousin owns an old reel-to-reel SW soundtrack.

JediTricks
03-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
And speaking of braids, my Ma got me a "real" jedi braid from EP1 that you can clip into your hair and look like Obi Wan or lil Anakin. :cool: It's pretty wacky as I can't imagine anyone, even a kid, wearing it??? The ones from Rubies costumes? I forgot, I have those too, there's an Obi-Wan version and an Anakin version.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
03-27-2003, 08:03 PM
I had that Vader lamp as a kid. It had the eyes cut out like Chuck's, and several different colored lights inside. It was cool. I wonder what happened to it...

I also believe I had the P&G posters evazan was talking about. I believe one featured the droids, one had Obi-Wan and Vader dueling, and one had Luke, Leia, and Han apparantly running down the Death Star trench.

I think the oddest thing I have is an old kid's Wicket the Ewok belt. It has a magnetic buckle. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
The ones from Rubies costumes? I forgot, I have those too, there's an Obi-Wan version and an Anakin version.

Yup JT! Them's the ones :D

I have only the Obi Wan braid

The package says:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Star Wars Episode 1

Jedi Braid
Jedi Tresse

Jedi Tresse sounds like some kind of undergarment. Oh wait, that's trusse, Jedi Trusse. :crazed:

Arrogant Arse
03-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I have four things. The first is an R2-D2 birthday candle (already burned a bit). It was on my 8th(?) Birthday cake back in 1979. It is gray wax with some blue on it, and the wick out the top. It is about 3 inches tall.

The second is the official Return of the Jedi movie program book from 1983. It has a lot of interesting backgroud info in it about George Lucas and the production of Return of the Jedi.

The third is a sheet of stickers from Burger King from 1980 with various still photos from The Empire Strikes Back. There are about 10-15(?) photos made up of 4 stickers each all on a big poster sized booklet type thingie.

The fourth is my prized beach towel from 1978-1979 with Darth Vader on it. It is a picture of Vader with his lightsaber that was on the back of the ANH, and ESB Picture/Storybooks, which I also have along with the ROTJ Picture/Storybook. The bottom of the towel has the name "Darth Vader" written in cursive. For the longest time I thought that was Vader's ACTUAL signature.

PoggleTheGreater
03-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Another thing: The Wookie Storybook. I believe this is where we first learned of Kyshyyk (sp?).

Tonysmo
03-30-2003, 04:29 AM
... runs into the forum ....

flashes his original EMPIRE STRIKES BACK pillow case

... runs out of the forum ...

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 09:53 AM
I also have the taco Bell Darth Maul cup with the big Maul on top. Thought about making it into paraphenalia(sp?) but decided not to.

DahrJin
04-01-2003, 10:07 AM
I have the Maul Cup Topper as well. t's still in the plastic bag it came in.

I have a couple of the ROTJ Burger King glasses too. Just can't remember where I stored them away at. :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
04-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Odd things?I have a number of cake toppers.I have the Luke and Vader figures,and just last year for my birthday I got a cool Darth Vader helmet shaped keychain with Anakin on it.Pretty interesting that it came on top of the cake though.....Hmm,You know the chip bags that came out this year?I cut those out and put them into some frames I found on clearance.They make awesome wall art.I have a number of cereal boxes and the like as well:D

bobafrett
04-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Hmmmm, I have so much stuff, this thread makes me want to go dig through some of my older SW collection to find my strangest collectibles. One that I know of off hand is the large banner that hung in front of the Taco Bell when the special edition movies came out. I ate at Taco bell sometimes twice a day, trying to win some prize, and the manager there got to know me. The first banner they hung up was stolen, so he told me he wasn't even going to bother hanging up the second one, and gave it to me!

I have both the Vader and Yoda photo collage posters, framed and hanging up above my entertainment center.

I also have a CD with the Imperial March, shaped in the form of Darth Vaders helmet.

I have an R2 mug, that looks like it was handmade, but my brother gave it to my dad, and years later my dad gave it to me.

I'm sure I could find more, just a little late, and my son is sleeping, so I can't be banging boxes around searching for more stuff.

Kidhuman
04-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I have both the Vader and Yoda photo collage posters, framed and hanging up above my entertainment center.

Does anyone have any idea where I could possibly get the Yoda one. I have the Vader and need the yoda. Thanks in advance.

bobafrett
04-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Do you live near a shopping mall? I found one already framed at one of those frame stores, or picture galleries. One shop had some under Science fiction/movie posters.

another unusual collectible I own, is a movie tin that held reels #33 and #34 from the IMAX showing of EPII. The film was sent on several reels, and the projectioist had to splice the film together. Inside the tin, are the leads that showed where to splice the film.

Kidhuman
04-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Do you live near a shopping mall? I found one already framed at one of those frame stores, or picture galleries. One shop had some under Science fiction/movie posters.

My mall suck. I was wondering if anyone had a website. If not when I go back to NY I will look in their malls.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-05-2003, 05:07 PM
The Yoda poster is at www.allposters.com for $8.99. They also have a poster for some heavy metal-looking band named "Vader," but they don't have the Darth Vader collage poster.

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks Obi-Dan. I have been looking for that poster for about 5 years now.

Sentinel18725
04-06-2003, 08:37 PM
My most unique SW collectible is one of the Disney coins with R2 showing the picture of Mickey in "Fantasia". Now that would be a neat little exclusive figure!

aceguide
04-07-2003, 05:07 PM
The oddest thing I have is a birthday/party favor from AOTC. It is the strangest thing...

It's a pin with curly ribbons and a red light that blinks.

No rhyme nor reason...

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2003, 05:18 PM
There has been so many great "unusuals" mentioned in this thread! If anyone has pics of their uncanny SW collectibles, it would be nice to see them. Even if they are taken with a webcam! :)

Come on folks, everyone's doing it! :)

Vortex
04-07-2003, 06:27 PM
yea wish I had a web cam or digital cam.

But maybe one day. While I'm dreaming I might as well wish for a lotus car too...

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 10:33 PM
I work at a Grocery store, so when Episode II hit I went a little overboard. I have both versions of the cereal box, I have the Fruit Roll-Ups box and I have all 3 covers of the TV guide with the hologram on the cover. And finally I have a Boba Fett pez dispenser and a R2D2 pez dispenser.

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 10:44 PM
I also have a balloon ship with a cardboard anakin in it. It looks nothing like anything from SW but hey, it has Anakin.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Thanks Obi-Dan. I have been looking for that poster for about 5 years now.

You're welcome!:)

bobafrett
04-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Oh yes, that reminds me, I still have the Anakin podracer display from the Wal-Mart I worked at. It had an inflatible pod car, and cardboard rockets, with stuff to tie it all together.

bobafrett
07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Here is a picture of the Taco Bell banner given to me by the manager of the store where I ate sometimes twice a day trying to win.

plasticfetish
07-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Here's the Vader lamp.
Hey! This is a good thread ... I never saw this one.
Deoxy ... that lamp is an A+. (The puppet's creepy.)

Well, I don't have much that counts here, but I'll pick 2 that I'm pretty fond of.

First are my belt buckles ... "R2-D2" and "Star Wars" (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/sw_buckles.jpg) ... I do wear them from time to time.

The second would be my ... unused tickets to the Empire Strikes Back from May 31, 1980 (http://home.comcast.net/~plasticfetish/esb_tickets.jpg) . Long story short, "someone" didn't do his "chores" ... so "someone" didn't get to go see the new Star Wars movie. Luckily "someone" was smart enough to find the unused tickets and hold onto them for the next 20+ years.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-29-2003, 11:31 AM
PF, those tickets are a cool thing! And LOOK'IT the price on a movie back then...those were the daaaayysss! ;)

I like the belt buckles too! I used to have an old star wars belt...the belt itself was covered with pictures from the old star wars marvel comics, but I know it got used until all the pictures got rubbed off :(