PDA

View Full Version : Dooku w. Speederbike is a great figure!

Tycho
03-25-2003, 03:17 AM
I copied my own post from the Anakin Speeder complaint thread, because I wanted a forum to really only discuss the new Count Dooku that comes with his speederbike.

Dooku is a real surprise:

This is not only a cool toy (whereas I was never that crazy about the design of the bike), but this is one of the best figures of Darth Tyranus I could have thought we'd ever get! I was really not expecting much, but man you have to open this!

The action feature works too, and it is not obtrusive and a lot of fun. Truly a surprise and actually worth the money.

I like the figure so much that I wanted to buy a second bike (which I have no use for, so uh...I think I'll hold off on that) but just to get another Darth Tyranus figure to pose fighting the Jedi, his cloak flying out behind him! Too bad this figure does not have footpeg holes on the bottom of his shoes, or I'd have bought an extra already.

Guys, this is a seriously nice figure! I am still surprised!

LTBasker
03-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Doesn't matter how many times I've seen either that figure or him on the speeder in the movie, they both still remind me of the Witch riding the bike in the twister during Wizard of Oz for some reason.

Dooku does like the better of the two though, too bad he couldn't of had the cooler speeder instead of Anakin.

mista_carrot
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Too bad this figure does not have footpeg holes on the bottom of his shoes, or I'd have bought an extra already.

Eh? Your figure doesn't have footpeg holes?? Mine does! The pedals on the speeder also has pegs for his feet.

I'm not quite as impressed with the figure as you are, but it is a lot better than I was expecting. One thing I don't like is how much his right ankle is bent. Oh yeah, an he could use a bicep-cut on his right arm--then he'd be able to hold both handles on the speeder bike.

Amy
03-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah I'll have to pick them up if I ever see them, if just for the bikes. Glade you like the figure, kinda gives me hope:).

TheDarthVader
03-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Good write-up Tycho! I have yet to see this item at retail but I will be sure to buy at least 1 (I usually only collect figures) so that I can get this awesome darth tyrannus figure! Thanks! :)

Prince Xizor
03-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Dooku is the only one out of the 2 that I desire to buy. I really hate that Anakin that comes with the swoop. Glad to hear that the Dooku figure is cool, hope to pick one up soon.

Gonk 1979
03-25-2003, 11:03 PM
.....er, I can see your Wizard of Oz witch comparison, but Dooku on the speeder reminds me of an old guy out golfing in his golf cart....one of the funny moments that got laughs from the theater audience