PDA

View Full Version : 24 is back on today, it's about time... What happend again?

mrmiller
03-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Finally 24 is back on tonight, and I must say it's about time. I love this show, but you can't keep taking long breaks in the middle of it to show American Idol 5 times a week. It really looses something when you can't see the show every week. I have a friend of mine who rented the 1st season DVD's and watched all 24 eps in like 4 days! I can understand it, as every show is a cliffhanger, it would be hard to stop. I kinda wish I would have done the same with season 2. I think season 2 is better than season 1, but some of it's greatness is lost each time it takes a 3 or 4 week hiatus. We have 6 or 7 episodes left, so I'm sure there will be another break. Now when's Smallville come back on... Hummm... April :?

=MATT=

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Check out this thread.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15551

sith_killer_99
03-25-2003, 12:13 PM
My wife and I watched the first season on DVD in 2 days!!!

My brother-in-law got it for Christmas, we ended up watching it and now we're hooked. I hate the 3 week break though, I think your right, the show looses something. I am also a big fan of "The Shield".

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I am also a big fan of "The Shield".

"The Shield" ROCKS!!!

that's the only show on tv that I actually schedule things around. I usually go over to a friends house and we watch "24" and then "The Shield" After 2 hours of intense tv, we just sit there dumbfounded for a few minutes, soaking up all the craziness. I LOVE IT! :D

speaking of...it's on tonight! YES!

Notice too on the shield how it starts right away, no commercials and then the commercials don't come until almost a half hour into the show. I like that :)

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 02:19 PM
I too hate the 24 breaks. I wish they would just show the darn thing staright though. Lets just hope they did what they did last season and show it all the way to the next to last episdoe. Or maybe to the last episode. Then they should put the entire show on in marathon form with no commercials. One can only dream.

wedgeA
03-25-2003, 08:47 PM
I can't blame FOX too much for the breaks because unlike other shows, 24 can't have those 2-3 week rerun breaks. If the show ran straight through, the season would sometime in late March or early April. FOX wants to hold the finale until May sweeps for higher ratings, which keep the show alive.

I do wish that if they do take these longs breaks, they should air an "update" episode the week before the new ones start.

Kidhuman
03-25-2003, 09:44 PM
They should call the show 36 then to keep it running staright thorough or 52 for a wehole year of excitement.:D

JediTricks
03-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Wow. Last night's ep was the first one I was totally disappointed in - occasionally there are elements that annoy me in some eps, but there's usually something good going on in another plotline. Sadly, this was not the case last night, everything was bubbleheaded nonsense IMO. Tony turns into a massive jerk, Kim thinks they might be in trouble so she doesn't shoot that guy in the leg or shoulder, CTU transfers a vital prisoner out in the open when they have a working indoor garage for just such an occasion, Jack doesn't call the president to let him know about the phone call he just got. BAH! This show used to be smart, now everybody seems to be a Kim Bauer.

sith_killer_99
03-27-2003, 11:49 AM
This show used to be smart, now everybody seems to be a Kim Bauer.

hehehe....

Yeah, there were a few disapointments, some of it was REALLY predictable.

I'm kinda thinking they want to go somewhere with "Ms. Warner" and Jack.;) That plot line could get interesting.

QLD
03-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, the latest episode just didn't feel right......

I mean, ANOTHER crappy Kim story......ugh........

And what is with Tony? The "Tony is an a-hole now" came from nowhere! ANd I still don't like all these soap opera stares with the women either. UGH.

derek
03-27-2003, 07:20 PM
And what is with Tony? The "Tony is an a-hole now" came from nowhere

i was thinking that as well, but then i thought, why would tony seem like such a jerk after being so nice to jack earlier? well, he's probably freaked because saed ali was killed while in his custody. as acting head of CTU, he's gonna catch hell for ali's death and i think he knows it. his career as head of CTU ended with ali's death.

what i didn't like was how easily jack disarmed tony. in jack's bio, he listed as former army delta force, the best commandos in the military, but tony is a former marine sniper who should of been able to hold his own against jack.

i look at this episode as kinda a setup for the "second act" of 24. things should start to pick up next week.

so who thinks the coral snake commando who shot ali is gonna turn out to be a good guy? i do.:)

QLD
03-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah, he's definately a good guy!

Kidhuman
03-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey but Tony got his for being a hole to Jack. The guy that shot Ali I think is the Commando Dude but a good guy, I dunno. I wanna know who called Jack and why they want Kate.

I think Michelle is gonna kick Kerry's butt soon and it will be funny to watch.

Anakin2121
03-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by derek
what i didn't like was how easily jack disarmed tony. in jack's bio, he listed as former army delta force, the best commandos in the military, but tony is a former marine sniper who should of been able to hold his own against jack.

Uh, sorry, but you kind of contradicted yourself. Deltas are the most elite soldiers in the world, and Marines...well, Marines go through the same training as Army Rangers, which are nothing compared to Deltas...and it's pretty well known that Marines aren't very bright anyway, they're just big brutes. No offense to any Marines here. :p Regardless, Tony's a former sniper, what do snipers know about having a pistol shoved in their face? Snipers excell at finding cover and shooting someone from far away. :) Just my 2 cents. :)

Eternal Padawan
03-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Hey but Tony got his for being a hole to Jack. The guy that shot Ali I think is the Commando Dude but a good guy, I dunno. I wanna know who called Jack and why they want Kate.

The guy who called Jack was the commando. They deliberately showed his little tatoo, so you'd know it was him. He probably wants to confirm to Jack what we've all known since the beginning of the season:

The U.S. military is setting everyone up to start a war.

Don't know what Kate has to do with it though.

And seriously, the Chief of Staff is just getting more and more suspicious to me.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2003, 12:09 PM
OK, what the freak is up with Kim? I've never seen a person fall as$-backwards into constant trouble like that chick. The writers need to tattoo a warning on her forehead saying something like: "Any contact with this person will result in tragedy."

In the first show it made sense to have her in constant peril since the bad guys had a personal vendetta against Jack, but now she's just hooking up randomly with people who end up trying to smack her around.

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Sometimes I wish they would just kill Kim off the show. It takes up useless time thta we could be seeing. Oh and I am happy they finally told us why those two girls hate eachother.

JediTricks
04-03-2003, 12:08 AM
This week's ep wasn't too great for me, mainly because so much of the plot is based upon a gross writing error that compounded when Jack didn't bother telling the president about the phone call from the Coral Snake guy and then didn't record his conversation with that guy for hard evidence.

As for Kim, how much more dull can her problems get?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
This week's ep wasn't too great for me, mainly because so much of the plot is based upon a gross writing error that compounded when Jack didn't bother telling the president about the phone call from the Coral Snake guy and then didn't record his conversation with that guy for hard evidence.

As for Kim, how much more dull can her problems get?

I wouldn't say they were dull; more like just plain lame. Let's see, what else could Kim get into? Oh yes, she stumbles onto the American Idol audition being held out in Fresno or wherever the hell she is and ****es off Simon so much he threatens to feed her to Randy Jackson.

What's this writing error you're talking about, JT? I mean other than the one that started when Kim was written into season 2?

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I wouldn't say they were dull; more like just plain lame. Let's see, what else could Kim get into? Oh yes, she stumbles onto the American Idol audition being held out in Fresno or wherever the hell she is and ****es off Simon so much he threatens to feed her to Randy Jackson.

I would actually think that would be a good way to write her off.

JediTricks
04-03-2003, 09:54 PM

What's this writing error you're talking about, JT? I mean other than the one that started when Kim was written into season 2? I found it dull, the nuke could have landed on that minimart and it wouldn't have salvaged that scene. ;) She's like a 1-woman soap opera and it's just so stale already.

As for the writing error, I mentioned it in post 8, but to expand upon it...

Jack Bauer is supposed to go to the president with any evidence that the recording is a fake as soon as he can. In this same episode, Jack is called on the cellphone by a mysterious voice who not only knows about this recording, but claims to be in on the forgery of it - this mystery man gives Jack an ultimatum, Kate Warner for the proof of the forgery. Up until now, both seasons of 24 have seemed like Jack was smart enough to know how to deal with situations like this - but does Jack call the president and say "hey, you know that secret recording we're going to war over that almost nobody knows about? I just got a call from a man who claims he himself forged it and wants me to trade the life of Kate Warner for proof of this" thus giving the president enough proof to hold back on this immediate retaliation and lend more support to Bauer catching this mystery guy? NOOOOOOO, instead Jack steals Kate away from CTU and beats up Tony thus alienating him from any assistance CTU could have offered.

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 10:43 PM
He called Palmer and told him. Palmer gave him a few hours to find the evidence and not just hearsay. Thats why they haven't fully attacked and let the British know of anything definite.

JediTricks
04-03-2003, 11:08 PM
He called Palmer and told him. Palmer gave him a few hours to find the evidence and not just hearsay. Thats why they haven't fully attacked and let the British know of anything definite. No, I'm pretty sure he called Palmer after Saed Ali was killed, this is where he was told to get evidence, and after that phone call is when he got the call from the Coral Snake team leader.

Kidhuman
04-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Yeah, he called Palmer after he talked to Saed Ali because Saed was the only one who knew the tape was fake except for the Coral Snake Commando. When he went to Saed and asked him he wanted to see his face and body language to know if he was lying or not. When he was certain of it he called Palmer. When Ali was shot it just solidified everything he was saying was true.

JediTricks
04-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Right, and Palmer tells Jack to get more evidence. But after that call, Jack gets a phone call from the mystery voice (aka the Coral Snake leader) about how he faked the recording - this alone should have been told to Palmer IMO.

Kidhuman
04-05-2003, 02:48 PM
I thought he told Palmer about it. My mistake if he didn't. Either way Jack will get the evidence and stop the bombing.

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 10:00 PM
What??? That was an awesome episode tonight. I couldn't belive that guy had the chip in him. Which meant if he got on that plane how would Jack have gotten that info? Next weeks ep looks bugged out too. Can't believe only 6 eps left.

dr_evazan22
04-09-2003, 09:31 AM
I might've said this before, but, I'm getting the impression that just about everyone in Palmer's admin are against him (the VP, the JC's, and even Mike), and I'm reminded of JFK, how the military-industrial complex was against him. I guess this will all come back to Sherry as the main organizer.

I can't believe how quickly they are reacting on the show though. a bomb goes off and they have bombers in the air w/in the hour, w/ definitive analyzed proof of those "responsible". Why wait for the sun to come up?

Kidhuman
04-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I can't believe how quickly they are reacting on the show though. a bomb goes off and they have bombers in the air w/in the hour, w/ definitive analyzed proof of those "responsible". Why wait for the sun to come up?

You also have to figure that the planes were up and ready in case the bomb went off. They had known who was responsible for it.(Saed Ali), so prep plans were most likely in action

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2003, 06:51 PM
I was slightly ticked that Jack found the chip so fast. I was hoping that he'd have to search for it through the next few episodes.

For me the last two episodes were kind of hohum. You knew Jack was going to get out of the shootout OK and the paramilitary guy was going to eat it. I saw that from a mile away. The Palmer plotline was more of the same; nothing exciting there.

The only interesting thing besides Jack's sudden career change to postmortem surgery was the boyfriend's amputation. At first I thought he was going to be paralyzed, but being stumpified is still a good alternative.

As far as Kim goes, you totally can see her having a run-in with the abusive husband at the end of the show. I can see her ending up in the same jail as the husband later on and the cops getting overrun with civil unrest due to the bomb. That would leave her open to be confronted by the husband because he would be left unattended.

Was anyone else bothered by the promo FOX ran during American Idol? They played that sappy pop love song by the chick singer-of-the-week and played up the up-to-now unexistent Jack/Kate love angle. It was like they were trying to hook all the teeny-bopper watchers of AI to stay around for 24.

dr_evazan22
04-09-2003, 07:01 PM
I didn't see the commercial, but I've been expecting the Jack and Kate romance for a couple of episodes, especially after the way she reacted when she found he was alive, back at CTU.

Kidhuman
04-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Okay most of you guys were right, Mike is working against Palmer. This weeks episode was a pretty good one. Alot of strange things happened. The scenes for next week though look even better than this week. Well with 5 episodes left it had to pick up.

dr_evazan22
04-15-2003, 11:59 PM
W/ jack being dead right now it's a good thing nothing slows him down!

When Apu and Kate were attacked, Apu reacted a little too slowly after kate's warning, that was a little disappointing.

It will be mildly interesting to see how the situation w/ Mike and the VP plays itself out. I'm glad that the treason that is being planned will be brought to the fore w/ the death next week of the woman who got locked up (I forget her name). Still wondering how this will lead back to Sherry...

Next week looks good!

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 12:21 AM
the death next week of the woman who got locked up (I forget her name). Still wondering how this will lead back to Sherry...

Next week looks good!

Her anme is/was Lynn. And for Sherry I was wondering the same thing too.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Wow! A really cool show this week. Plus no Kim!!!

Not to brag or anything, but I just knew the arabic agent was going to get attacked. When they were sitting in the SUV listening to the radio and hearing the announcement about arab-americans getting attacked I said to my wife, "I bet that arab guy's going to get it." Two seconds later those rednecks grabbed him.

I want to know what happened with Nina and Bob Warner. Last I knew they hauled her A off to jail and BW was still sitting in an interrogation room at CSU.

JediTricks
04-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Not to brag or anything, but I just knew the arabic agent was going to get attacked. When they were sitting in the SUV listening to the radio and hearing the announcement about arab-americans getting attacked I said to my wife, "I bet that arab guy's going to get it." Two seconds later those rednecks grabbed him. Yeah, I saw that coming a mile off, and the whole time I was thinking to myself "this guy doesn't even look all that middle-eastern, especially at 2:30am in the middle of the valley".

I hope when they resuscitate Jack next week, we don't have to see him naked again - that got old so fast.

mrmiller
04-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Wow! A really cool show this week. Plus no Kim!!!

My thoughts exactly.

I got a feeling Jack is going to pull a Sgt. Riggs from Lethal Weapon next week, then bust out with an Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged me dance routine.

=MATT=

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
I got a feeling Jack is going to pull a Sgt. Riggs from Lethal Weapon next week, then bust out with an Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged me dance routine.

If that happens, let's hope Jack puts on his Jockeys beforehand. Something about Keifer Sutherland doing the peepee dance gives me the creeps.

derek
04-17-2003, 06:09 PM
did anyone besides me notice the sound was really screwd up for this latest episode? it seemed some of the voice tracks and the music soundtrack, along with the background noises were either out of sync, or not working at all.

at times it seemed all the sound was being picked up by the boom mike, including the actors loud footsteps.(i assume they usually go into a studio and re-record their dialogue?)

and did anyone notice keifer's disappearing tatoos? earlier in the year he has some big tatoos on his arms, but they were gone in the nudie scene.:confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't recall noticing either any sound problems or disappearing tattoos. Maybe it's not really Jack, but a tattoo-less double meant to throw the arms dealers off the scent. ;)

Anakin2121
04-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Derek,

I think those were fake tattoos he put on his arms when he had his "tough guy" disguise when he was trying to find that guy Joe, or whatever his name was. Remember? And he used a severed head to get to him?

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Wow two weeks and no Kim, sure makes for exciting TV. I can't believe Mike did that when Lynn was pointing. I think Palmer saw it though. So whgo is behind it all? I can't believe only 4 episodes left.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Wow two weeks and no Kim, sure makes for exciting TV. I can't believe Mike did that when Lynn was pointing. I think Palmer saw it though. So whgo is behind it all? I can't believe only 4 episodes left.

I can't remember the name that was said by the hired gun but it looks like there are at least two sides against the Pres./establishment. One is the guy with the hitmen who looks like he's part of an arms dealing cartel and the other is the VP with Mike Novik on his side. Whether they are in bed together I think remains to be seen.

I'm not ragging on the writing for 24 but if you've been following the individual episodes since season one you can pretty much pick out what's going to happen toward the end of each show. The doctor sticking the hitman with the diaphragm-paralyzing drug was obvious when Jack told him what was up. It was also very obvious that Jack would show up to save Kate Warner's A from those rednecks.

I was disappointed to see Youssef (sp?) get knocked off. He was a good character. I was also bugged by the preview clip of Lynn getting pushed over the railing. They shouldn't have given that away.

How wiley is that Mike guy?! I thought he would get fingered by Lynn but instead he grabs her hand as if he's consoling her. What a dog that dude is!

I'm looking forward to the last four hours. This is the best show on TV right now IMO. The writing is so much better than all the other shows. I'd just like to see Nina show up again as well as that abusive wife-killer from the beginning and find out what happenned to Bob Warner. Is that dude still locked up at CTU?

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Dude I also wanna know what happened to Bob Warner. I hope the wife beater guy shows up too. I really wanted Jack to kill Nina too.

Yeah Youseff dying kinda disappointed me too. Do you think Chappel might be in on it? I mean He doesn't show up until the end of the series just about, and I don't think he was in the first season either. Who do you think Kim shoots from the scenes? And I think Palmer saw Lynn pointing to Mike also. And will SHerry come back? Does Mike change his mind? Only time will tell.

Anakin2121
04-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Mike did do a really good job of covering for himself by grabbing Lynn's hand! I didn't see that coming...I hoped she'd slime that traitor on the spot. :p

derek
04-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Do you think Chappel might be in on it?

i think we need to define what, "in on it' means.:)

obviously there were some individuals in the government who were "in" on the nuclear bomb getting into the country. but those same individuals who allowed the bomb ito the country weren't "in" on actually letting it go off, i.e. roger stanton.

i'm not sure if mike or the VP were ever "in" on the nuclear plot, maybe they were just lookng for an excuse to overthrow palmer and are takng this opportunity to do so.:confused:

i still don't know why the surviving coral snake commando (who jack dug the chip out of) killed saied alli? why did he have the original source recording? why did he decide to "turn" good after killing his whole crew and letting the bomb get away?

who the "traitor" will be, i haven't got a clue? it wouldn't really be a suprise if chapell turned out to be bad, but i doubt it, and he's not a major player in the show to make a difference if he is. tony isn't going to be a mole, i don't think, and neither is either of the ladies who work for him.:confused:

QLD
04-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Something with the last few episodes of 24 hasn't been sitting well with me. It's good and I still enjoy it, but it feels much more predictable than it used to.

I am wondering if Mike is going to "redeem" himself or not. But I guess at this point, it's way too late. I don't think Palmer saw the finger pointing though. He'll find out another way I imagine.

Chapelle may be in on things, but I doubt Tony will be a mole at all.

Perhaps the person Kim is going to shoot is the guy that was trying to get the chip from Jack, and plans on using Kim as a bargaining chip (haven't seen THAT one before).

derek
04-23-2003, 06:01 PM
I am wondering if Mike is going to "redeem" himself or not

i was thinking the same thing. mike dosen't seem like a "bad" guy, in the true sence of the word. maybe he feels palmer really is un-fit to be president. maybe he thinks removing palmer would be best for the country.:confused:

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Possibly. I was actually shocked that he was even doing that much. Mike will get his though.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-23-2003, 07:30 PM
i was thinking the same thing. mike dosen't seem like a "bad" guy, in the true sence of the word. maybe he feels palmer really is un-fit to be president. maybe he thinks removing palmer would be best for the country.:confused:

I got that impression as well. It feels to me that Mike doesn't want to go against Palmer but feels unselfishly that it's in the best interest of the country. Maybe the manipulation by Sherry/VP/Stanton and Co. has shaded his loyalty to Palmer.

As far as this traitor at CTU I can only see four possible suspects: Tony, Chapelle, Michelle, and the other girl. There isn't anyone else it could be. If Tony were it, the plot of him trying so hard to locate Jack might make sense in that he's trying to get the chip too but it's too farfetched because it would be just like Nina in season one. It could be Chapelle but we haven't seen him enough to make it seem like that big of a deal if he was the mole. The other chick is too obvious a choice so that leaves Michelle. She's trying so hard to help Jack get the chip, kissing up to Tony, and being very antagonistic to the other chick. Plus she could be a replacement for Nina for whatever group they could be working for.

JediTricks
04-24-2003, 09:45 PM
I was disappointed to see Youssef (sp?) get knocked off. He was a good character. I was also bugged by the preview clip of Lynn getting pushed over the railing. They shouldn't have given that away. I totally agree about Yusef, I thought that was a mistake to off him, and in such a stupid way. As for Lynn being shown in the preview last week falling over the railing, I think it was meant to trick the viewers into thinking she was dead - didn't work on this viewer though. ;)

Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
Something with the last few episodes of 24 hasn't been sitting well with me. It's good and I still enjoy it, but it feels much more predictable than it used to. I have a similar feeling, it's like the show has crossed over into Soap Opera territory and now just has random strangers attacking main characters.

Kim has to shoot Chapelle, I don't think her shooting anybody else would be as interesting. ;)

If it's Michelle being a traitor, that'd be too much a rip off of Nina's storyline from season 1 right down to the Tony-love-storyline.

dr_evazan22
04-25-2003, 09:44 AM
it looks like there are at least two sides against the Pres./establishment. One is the guy with the hitmen who looks like he's part of an arms dealing cartel and the other is the VP with Mike Novik on his side.

I know a lot of the posts are saying that Chappelle isn't part of it, but maybe he and the wife beater are part of the arms cartel. It could have been Chappelle who recommended CTU get targeted for bombing.

It was also very obvious that Jack would show up to save Kate Warner's A from those rednecks.

Still it was exciting to see! I thought Jack was going to shoot the ermaining rednecks thru the wall.

I was disappointed to see Youssef (sp?) get knocked off.

I agree.

How wiley is that Mike guy?! I thought he would get fingered by Lynn but instead he grabs her hand as if he's consoling her. What a dog that dude is!

That was great!

OC47150
04-25-2003, 04:41 PM
I've been taping the show. I sat down at walked the first 10 episodes one weekend. Boy, did my head hurt afterward!

I need to sit down and get caught up on what's happening. Several people at work watch it religiously.

OC47150
04-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Since the show is already renewed for next season, you gotta wonder if the producers are going to wrap up the nuke storyline or let it continue through next season. I believe the latter will happen.

dr_evazan22
04-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Ya know, when Survivor came on I HAD to watch it. I loved it! I liked the 2nd season a lot, but interest was dwindling by season 3. I think this will be the same way.

Kidhuman
04-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
Since the show is already renewed for next season, you gotta wonder if the producers are going to wrap up the nuke storyline or let it continue through next season. I believe the latter will happen.

I think they will come up woth a new story. I remember they were saying at one point that they wanted to doa series on JAck's Life in the Army before CTU. That might be interesting.

dr_evazan22
04-27-2003, 05:33 PM
That does sound like it would be cool.

If the next season isn't a prequel, how much would you want to bet that Jack and Kate get married? If we're lucky, Kim will be so freaked out by all that's happened in the past 2 years she'll move away and not be in the story.

OC47150
04-28-2003, 09:10 AM
I have heard/read where this season is going to end with a cliffhanger. Since the nuke's already exploded, that's ruled out.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-28-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't see it ending in any sort of a cliffhanger. If they do then season 3 will have to start at 8 am the next day meaning the characters will have zero sleep for 48 hours straight. ;)

The final dilemma in this season will have Palmer in serious jeopardy of losing his presidency and possibly his life due to the coup d'etat in the making and/or from the warmongering arms dealers. Jack will come through, whack most of the bad guys, capture maybe one or two to show up in season three, save Palmer's life and reputation, reconcile with Kim, and get Kate in the end unless she gets offed like Jack's wife in season 1.

QLD
04-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, they didn't start season 2 on the next day, so no reason they HAVE to do season 3 that way. Though I do doubt they will end the season on a cliffhanger.

Kidhuman
04-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Well, they didn't start season 2 on the next day, so no reason they HAVE to do season 3 that way. Though I do doubt they will end the season on a cliffhanger.

That would be stretching it to me starting it the next day. They would never get any sleep, and one person can not have that much bad luck.:crazed:

mrmiller
04-29-2003, 08:59 AM
It's back on tonight. I'm hopeing for another Kim-less episode.

I'm ready for the last episodes, as I've really enjoyed this season. Ever week I also copy them off, and wouldn't mind watching it again from front to finish is about 3 or 4 days to keep the flow going.

=MATT=

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2003, 04:01 PM

But they would have to start season 3 like that if they have season 2 end in a cliffhanger. Since there won't be a cliffhanger there's no worries.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
It's back on tonight. I'm hopeing for another Kim-less episode.

Looks like that won't happen this week. The previews for tonight's show has Kim in it. :(

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 11:11 PM
If you haven't watched tonights episode yet, please don't read the following.

Well Kim was in it for two minutes. This weeks episode was kinda slow IMO. The only thing that really happened was Palmer getting voted out. I was really shocked by seeing Sherry in that guys apartment at the end. Now what is the connection there? And will she be the one to clear Palmers name?

Eternal Padawan
04-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Tony Almeida is one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people. :D

And forgive me for typecasting Carlos Bernard as a Tony, but can anyone see him playing Tony Stark? Slap a fey little Errol Flynn mustache on him and VOILA! Billionaire drunk playboy with a heart condition high tech secret.

By the way, 24s final three episodes are going to ROCK! This show really kicked it into high gear! Who do you suppose Jack tells Kim to shoot? The creepy father?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-30-2003, 12:10 PM
I would say either the creepy father, this traitor at CTU that keeps getting brought up (which would either have to be Tony or Chapelle), or someone else who is associated with that oil magnate (can't remember his name).

Even though it wasn't a high octane show this week, I still dug it. Kim had minimal screen time, the political intrigue started coming to a head, and we got a good surprise at the end. I'm not going to say that I'm 100% convinced that Sherry Palmer is totally against the Prez, but I can't see how all her political manuverings would be to help him out. I can't see one thing that she's done that could be construed as supporting Palmer.

I'm really pumped for next week.

QLD
04-30-2003, 12:52 PM
I am not sure what to make of Sherry yet. I have a feeling she is on Palmer's side at the end though.

mrmiller
04-30-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't know if I can wait until next week- not to mention 3 more weeks! This is by far the best show on TV right now.

=MATT=

dr_evazan22
04-30-2003, 03:49 PM
I was a little distracted there at the end, I thought it was just that guy's (Alex?) girlfriend. I didn't realize it was Sherri!

It was good to see Chapelle brought more out into the open as a traitor. With him so concerned about supporting a bombing raid on the Mideast, then he calls the VP to tell him the news about the chip. Tony noticed he was calling the Veep also.

I can't believe that the Cabinet voted against the Pres though. How in the world did the Veep get Stanton and Co. there so fast? Who would've cut out some of the video from the torture/interrogation?

Kidhuman
04-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Who would've cut out some of the video from the torture/interrogation?

My guess would be Stanton got hold of a copy from someone on the inside and trimmed it down.

As for Sherry she will clear Palmers name. I guess Kim is gonna shoot the dead beat wife murdering father. I hope that Palmer gets to smack someone around though. He looks like he wants to bust some heads open.

Anakin2121
04-30-2003, 09:13 PM
He'll bust Mike's head open! It's bulbous and distracting enough anyway. :)

mrmiller
05-01-2003, 10:17 AM
I would like to see Palmer be vindicated at the end, and then have everyone who voted against them tried for treason- the worst thing that can happen to a politician. Either that or go off on them Wolverine Bezerk Style- Bicketty Bam!

=MATT=

JediTricks
05-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Well Kim was in it for two minutes. This weeks episode was kinda slow IMO. I thought Kim's part in the ep showed even MORE poor writing - it's the dead of night during escalating civil unrest yet the cops have enough time to IMMEDIATELY drive Kim to her ex-employee's house?!?

Palmer being voted out of office was ludicrous IMO, even with a conspiracy this should have taken several days - of course, why Palmer is supposed to make a lighting strike within hours of a nuke going off makes no sense to me with or without any "evidence". I'm afraid these implausibilities are starting to lose me.

Kidhuman
05-06-2003, 10:15 PM
okay, I didn't see Sherry getting stabbed coming. That shocked me. I figured Kim shot that dirtbag Dad. This episode really shocked me. Now I wonder what Kim and Kate will get into? That should be fun. And I hope Michelle beats Kerry's butt.

derek
05-06-2003, 10:34 PM
i laughed when sherry got stabbed. i'm really glad it was finally confirmed she is really bad. i was thinking the writers were gonna make her out to be good in the end.

it was also nice to see kim actually do something pro-active, instead of getting pushed around. but there are still two hours left for her stupid-ness to redeem itself.

this was a really good episode. i can't wait to see the last two hours, unlike "alias" which i've gotten really bored with.:cry:

dr_evazan22
05-07-2003, 12:03 AM
I loved it when she's laying on the floor bleeding asking for help and Jack goes after the other guy. That witch has it coming, I kind of wish Jack had shot her at some point. I hope she lives so she can be tried for treason.

Maybe Sherry, Kingsley and the Veep can be tried for crimes against humanity for the eventual bombing of those Mid East countries (assuming, of course, that they do get bombed).

I'm a little surprised that Tony hasn't started to piece together that the boss (forgot his name) had foreknowledge of what was going to happen w/ Palmers "impeachment".

Also funny to see Kim fall thru the ceiling. She'll probably end up shooting Kate.

Looking forward to the last 2 ep's. Too bad they aren't having a 2 hour finale.

Do you think Jack's going to kill the guy that made the tape? Jack should be able to take the guy's computer back to CTU to have the tech dept determine that the tape was fabricated.

Oh yeah, I was looking at the package for Season 1 DVD in Target last week and it said that CTU was part of the CIA. I didn't know that before, I thought it was it's own ficticious govt agency.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2003, 02:03 AM
I agree, tonight's episode was pretty good. I didn't see the Chapelle smack-down or the Sherry stabbing coming. Nice plot twists.

Kim shooting wifebeaterman was obvious a few weeks ago, but who is she going to have to go up against now? Please don't tell me it's Kate Warner.

Who else is waiting for Mikey Boy and Prescott to get their A's handed to them? I hope that good secret service agent gets in on the whomping too.

derek
05-07-2003, 08:19 AM
it said that CTU was part of the CIA.

i had read in reviews of the show that "CTU" was fictional, but just yesterday, on the news, i heard a mention of the real "CTU", which is a part of the CIA, the news-reader said. i was kinda suprised myself.:)

mm74md
05-07-2003, 10:33 AM
I just love this show. Does anyone know if it will be back next fall?

OC47150
05-07-2003, 10:54 AM
It was been renewed.

Kidhuman
05-07-2003, 04:58 PM

Who else is waiting for Mikey Boy and Prescott to get their A's handed to them? I hope that good secret service agent gets in on the whomping too.

Me. And I hope that Secret Service guy kicks some butt too.

Eternal Padawan
05-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Is the new secret service guy the same one that pushed Lynn over the railing? I think Palmer is gonna have to get hands on with that guy.

I hope Sherry bleeds to death! :D Witch. :mad:

Kidhuman
05-07-2003, 10:37 PM
I forgot all about Lynn. I think she will survive and point out Mike as the one who did it.

JediTricks
05-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Wow, Kim's now done 1 non-stupid thing in the past 22 hours, good for her! :D I actually fast-forwarded through all her scenes right up until just before she shot her ex-boss because every second she was on-screen was just too boring to bear.

Sherry getting shivved seemed pretty interesting, but dude having a back-door was a little over the top for me. It'd be a real goof if he got immunity for stabbing her. ;) I hope what she said about this all being about her trying to get even with Prez Palmer wasn't true though, then it'd basically be this whole thing boiling down to just one person and that doesn't work for me.

BTW, the CTU of the show couldn't be an arm of the CIA because the CIA mandate dictates that they cannot act within US borders, while Jack's CTU clearly has that ability.

wedgeA
05-07-2003, 11:46 PM
I've got a feeling that Kate Warner is either the "big bad" this season or that she is somehow involved with what is going on. Her comment about sending the cop home was just too off kilter to be meaningless, and I doubt it was just to make easier for her and Kim to get into trouble.

The only thing is that it would be very similar to what happened last year with Nina Myers, but the story structure is very similar to last year too.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Is the new secret service guy the same one that pushed Lynn over the railing? I think Palmer is gonna have to get hands on with that guy.

I'm not 100% sure but I think not. The guy who shoved Lynn didn't work for the Secret Service. He was either DOD or NSA.

Wedgie, I've been thinking about Kate being more than what she appears because that's how the writing always seems to turn out -- one 180 after another.

Kidhuman
05-08-2003, 07:24 PM
I saw an interview when the show first started airing and Kate said she was Jacks new love interest and couldn't say anymore than that.

derek
05-08-2003, 08:09 PM
if kate warner is bad it just won't make any sence. i was thinking about all the stuff she has done to help jack and CTU:

1. she notified an investigator of her brother in law's suspected terrorist ties.
2. she identified saied ali
3. she found her sister, marie, and alerted CTU to her location.
4. she aided CTU agents in accessing info on computers at her father's company.
5. she warned youseff about the rednecks attacking him.
6. she shot one of the guys trying to get the chip form the surviving coral snake commando.
7. she actually had possession of the chip and could of damaged it.

the writers could make her bad, but if so, it just wouldn't add up based on all her past actions.

i'm thinking all the bad guys have been weeded out. sherry palmer and the oil-guy (peter what's-his-name). to make kate bad just wouldn't make sence..........but i could be wrong.:)

wedgeA
05-08-2003, 10:57 PM
derek,

I agree completely that Kate has done a lot to help Jack, but again, so did Nina last season. I am thinking that she just has another agenda, which may involve helping Jack out only to try to destroy him at the very end. It might have something to do with getting control of her father's company and his CIA ties, who knows.

Oh well, we'll know all(?) in a couple of weeks. In any case, this kind of speculation is what makes the show great.

derek
05-08-2003, 11:03 PM
but if kate had been in on everything, she would of died in the bomb blast and would of been unable to profit from the upcoming war/takeover of her dad's company . she was a large part of helping find the bomb. marie was willing to die for religious/political reasons, but for kate to be involved in this would be a bit too much.

after all kate has done to help jack/CTU i'd be really disapointed if she turned out to be bad.

i just don't think someone involved with the conspiracy/bomb/war is gonna be taking a bubble bath so close to the end. if she were bad, she'd be out making moves at 5 a.m. like sherry palmer was.:)

Kidhuman
05-08-2003, 11:36 PM
but if kate had been in on everything, she would of died in the bomb blast and would of been unable to profit from the upcoming war/takeover of her dad's company . she was a large part of helping find the bomb. marie was willing to die for religious/political reasons, but for kate to be involved in this would be a bit too much.

after all kate has done to help jack/CTU i'd be really disapointed if she turned out to be bad.

i just don't think someone involved with the conspiracy/bomb/war is gonna be taking a bubble bath so close to the end. if she were bad, she'd be out making moves at 5 a.m. like sherry palmer was.:)

True, true

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by wedgeA
I am thinking that she just has another agenda, which may involve helping Jack out only to try to destroy him at the very end. It might have something to do with getting control of her father's company and his CIA ties, who knows.

Ooh, good point. I couldn't really think what Kate would gain by screwing Jack over in the end but that would be good motivation. Maybe her company is in league somehow with Peter Kingston's oil cartel.

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 09:03 AM
I think it's all Sherry, Kingsley, and the VP. They all worked together to get something they wanted; Revenge, Power, Money. The Roots of all evil :evil: . I'm sure Kate and Jack will have a cheesy reunion at the end of the show, ending in the fact that she is his new love intrest to return in season 3.

=MATT=

derek
05-12-2003, 06:40 PM
I think it's all Sherry, Kingsley, and the VP.

i agree toatlly. i think it's too late to reveal any more baddies, and having kate or either of the 2 CTU babes be bad would be a rip of last season's nina storyline

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2003, 09:58 PM
KATE WARNER IS A BAD GUY?!?!

WTF!?!!?!?

Are they going to be able to wrap this all up in 60 minutes, or is this going to wind up heading into next season? There just seems to much to wrap up...

derek
05-13-2003, 10:26 PM
KATE WARNER IS A BAD GUY?!?!

did i miss something?:confused:

Kidhuman
05-13-2003, 10:43 PM
I didn't see anything that implied kate was bad. She looked at Kim funny though, but who knows.

I agree that there is way to much to wrap up in an hour. I mean Jack passes out, and he isn't even there yet. They need to get evidence to clear Palmer, and if Kate turns out to be bad then thats more on top of it.

I only have one question................. WWhat happened to Bob Warner?

mm74md
05-14-2003, 01:39 PM
happened to Bob Warner?

I was thinking the same thing. I saw in the preview that we'll see Marie again.

Looks like we'll see Bob Warner next week as well

"Day 2: 7:00 - 8:00AM", Episode #224.

Jack must persuade an unlikely ally to help him take down Peter Kingsley; Marie tells her father she was brainwashed.

dr_evazan22
05-14-2003, 04:06 PM
What was up w/ that Hanibal Lectre cell Marie was kept in?

Where was Bob Warner last time we saw him? Was he released from CTU?

It was a little tough to figure out whats going to happen next week from that preview.

What do you think of Bob Warner being part of the Kingsley conspiracy, as an agaent of the CIA, but having no clue as to Marie's involvment?

I like that they conveyed how lonely Jack is, and how he doesn't trust anyone, but they laid it on thick as to how Kate and Jack should get (or will be getting) together.

wedgeA
05-14-2003, 04:58 PM
The whole Kate Warner villain thing is just a theory, nothing solid. I guess we will find out next week.

Anyway, I agree that there is a lot of stuff to get through in one episode. I did read in an interview with Sutherland that next season will tie in to this one, so I don't expect everything to be neatly resolved.

As for the episode it was pretty solid, especially how they really tightened the screws on Jack. I loved how they made it seem like Alex was okay and then pulling out the rug. Also, even though Jack's heart problem seemed a little over the top, at least it added some consequences to his near death experience.

derek,

The thing that gets me about Kate helping Jack is that it came about because ahe was kinapped by Ali. It is possible that if Kate is a villain, she was planning to escape before that, and she ended up helping Jack since she had no other choice. Anyway, we'll know next week and I am more than willing to eat my words if I am wrong.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Sorry. I was a bit loopy when I wrote that Kate thing.

At this point, I think giant space broccoli is going to come down and force Jack and Kingsley into a chess match/indian leg wrestling contest/obscure Andy Grigffith Show trivia contest. Then they will reinstate David Palmer to the presidency on the condition he wears a giant wombat costume for the rest of his term, before they abscond with Kim and return to Alpha Centauri.

Thus setting up the third season...

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Did anybody catch the Twisted Theatre in the latest issue of Toyfare? Scathing homage to 24. :happy:

"My mother was a saint!" :D

dr_evazan22
05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Just bought TF today, haven't read it yet.

As for the episode it was pretty solid, especially how they really tightened the screws on Jack. I loved how they made it seem like Alex was okay and then pulling out the rug. Also, even though Jack's heart problem seemed a little over the top, at least it added some consequences to his near death experience.

When he first had the pains climbing the gutter I thought it was just from the torture. It seems a little too contrived, but hey! this is 24.

mrmiller
05-15-2003, 09:52 AM
What was up w/ that Hanibal Lectre cell Marie was kept in?

I like that they conveyed how lonely Jack is, and how he doesn't trust anyone, but they laid it on thick as to how Kate and Jack should get (or will be getting) together.

Originally posted by wedgeA
I did read in an interview with Sutherland that next season will tie in to this one, so I don't expect everything to be neatly resolved.

I think the whole Kate confronts Marie, Kate gets involved with Jack, thing will be the preleude to set up season 3.

This should now be 25, with a 2 hour episode to wrap everyting up. Or still 24 (hours in a day) but have a 2 hour episode to finish it, showing things that are happening at the same time (but that would mess up the real time aspect). Just seems like there is a lot left for 1 hour. I mean, after 23 shows I don't want the ending to seem rushed in the last one.

=MATT=

Mandalorian Candidat
05-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Last season's ending, if I remember correctly, also seemed rushed up to the end but not with this many loose ends. I think I'll be somewhat disappointed if next season starts right after this one ends (8:00 AM), but I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have a cliffhanger between seasons.

From the preview it looks like Kate is held at gunpoint by some bad guy so maybe she isn't a bad guy after all (or maybe she is and gets turned on by a bad guy ally...hmmm).

So far they've talked about a spy/mole/traitor in CTU, but there hasn't been anything overt to show who it is or what they are gaining by being a turncoat. That skanky tattle-tale chick at CTU (can't remember her name) seems like a candidate but she's too obvious a character to be it.

So are they going to show Lynn in the final show? Bob Warner? And what about Peter Kingston's compadre on the boat? Too many questions and not enough time to show everything.

Anakin2121
05-20-2003, 10:23 PM
I just watched the final episode tonight.

Very, very disappointing! :( :mad:
They barely explained anything. Who the heck was the chick at the end, and how would her killing Palmer start a war?

Kidhuman
05-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Wow, I thought it was a good episode. I liked the way they Kind of wrapped it all up and left it open for next season. That chick at the end shocked me. I guess we will have to wait until next season to find out whats going on. Will SHerry be locked up? And who was that woman and the man she is working for?

derek
05-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
I just watched the final episode tonight.

Very, very disappointing! :( :mad:
They barely explained anything. Who the heck was the chick at the end, and how would her killing Palmer start a war?

that "chick" at the end was the same chick who was in the first few shows of last season's "24". she was working for ira gaines, the guy who was hired by the drazens to kill palmer. she stole the photographer's ID, and then parachuted out of the plane and blew it up.

remember in the desert, after gaine's goon killed her girlfriend, he said he had some more work for her? well, this guy on the boat and gaines were probably connected, and that is how nina meyers fit into this season.

getting rid of palmer will make it easier to go to war, since he was holding things up, and it was probably a little revenge for messing up their war.

and.......................................I KNEW KATE WARNER WASN'T BAD!!! :crazed:

dr_evazan22
05-20-2003, 11:29 PM
That was a agood pick up there Derek! When the girl first walked away from Palmer and took the plastic film off her hand I initially thought it was to get Palmer's palm print for some kind of security override.

I too liked this ep. It tied things up from this story line pretty well (there are still questions to be answered, but the war was averted). I was a a little disappointed we didn't see Kate at least get a hug from Jack.

If this does tie back to Drazen, which I thought there was a possibility of the past 2-3 weeks, then how would he have known to plant the girl in LA if it was to be obliterated? It was nice seeing Sherry in cuffs at the end.

Oh yeah, we found out where Bob Warner was. :)

derek
05-20-2003, 11:38 PM
If this does tie back to Drazen, which I thought there was a possibility of the past 2-3 weeks, then how would he have known to plant the girl in LA if it was to be obliterated?

i admit, it was a bit of a stretch, but they did have 8-10 hours to get her into LA after the bomb didn't go off in the city, maybe as a fail safe plan. as soon as i saw her, i knew palmer was dead, but i thought she'd shoot him or set off a bomb or something.

i just knew jack was gonna have a heart attack at the end, and was really suprised sherry lived, but it's better she go to a federal prison than get the easy way out by dying.:D

i liked david palmer. it's too bad he had to go.:cry:

and we now know the vice president, the cabinet and mike novack weren't really "bad", just really misguided. but if i was palmer, i would of fired them all!!!:frus: ;)

dr_evazan22
05-21-2003, 12:13 AM
as soon as i saw her, i knew palmer was dead, but i thought she'd shoot him or set off a bomb or something.

My first thought on seeing her was "gun". I was picturing something like Bobby Kennedy.

i just knew jack was gonna have a heart attack at the end,

Always trying to figure oout what happens before it does, when Kim was talking to Jack, he put his head down and it looked for a moment like he stopped breathing.

and we now know the vice president, the cabinet and mike novack weren't really "bad", just really misguided. but if i was palmer, i would of fired them all!!!:frus: ;)

I'm with ya there! I can understand waiting to take the resignations right away, but that "feel good" speech was a little too much. They were the right words for Mike though.

Kidhuman
05-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Yeah Palmer should of fired them all. At least Mike got what he deserved. Derek nice pickup on that chick. That is her. I also thought she got Palmers finger prints. Turns out she just poisoned him or put acid on his hand.

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2003, 09:50 AM
HELLLLOOO NURSE! Mia Kirshner returns! What a hottie! Anybody ever seen her schoolgirl stripper movie Exotica? Yummy!

As for Palmer...Who says he's dead? I think Jack will have '24' hours to find an antidote and stop whoever's behind it! :crazed: But only after everybody gets a good night's rest. ;)
And I want to see Nina again, if only to see Jack shoot her between the eyes.

How are they going to work Kate and Kim into the story line again?

wedgeA
05-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Okay, I was WRONG about Kate, completely WRONG!! I am ready to take a few shots from the Nerf Crotch Bat, after I finish my meal of crow.

As for the whole Drazen thing, remember in last season's finale where Nina mentioned that the Drazens' were controlled by somebody bigger (she also spoke to her connection over the phone and hinted to Jack about the "Germans"). Nice way to tie everything together.

I liked the fact that Mike, the VP, et al were not in on it. These days, that is actually defying the overused conspiracy theory cliche.

Next season looks to be interesting. I am anxious to see how the show will do without Palmer's presence (whether he is dead or not, I don't think he will have an active role).

Overall great episode, season, and series. The ending was great and can't wait for next season. Bring on Day 3!

QLD
05-21-2003, 03:15 PM
I am not so sure Palmer will be dead.....but he will be critically ill for a while. He's too good for the part, and a great character, soi I can't see them killing him off just yet.

Naked Mandy is back! lol
I recognized her as well, and I also figured it would be a gun or a palm print.

Anyone have a clue what virus that was she gave him? I can't think of anything that would work that fast, and not make everyone else around her ill, but then again, I'm no bio-weapon expert.

As far as the resingations, I think Palmer COULDN'T accept them. For one, he wanted the pubic to remain calm, and having the VP and half of the cabinet resign, would SURELY send signs, and make everyone wonder WTF happened.

Also, what is he going to do with Roger Stanton?
I would imagine he will never be heard from again! ;)

I felt bad for Mike Novick somewhat.....but, I would have done the same if I were Palmer. He is supposed to be his #1 guy. But too bad he actually helped Palmer, but is the only one to lose his job.

JediTricks
05-21-2003, 09:33 PM
First off, that ending could not have felt more tacked on! And tacked onto an ep that was already 55 minutes of Deus ex Machina... that's quite an accomplishment. I mean, Palmer's in an underground bunker in Washington state or something, then he's in downtown LA 7 minutes later giving a press conference and shaking hands?!? Less than 12 hours after a nuke has been detonated on US soil, I can't imagine the Secret Service allowing a president to have an outdoor press conference or a long open walk to the limo while stopping to shake hands with anybody.

Originally posted by Anakin2121
Who the heck was the chick at the end, and how would her killing Palmer start a war? Although we don't know Palmer's dead, he could survive, your point is still valid. The US just averted war with 3 Middle East countries so now somoene attacks the president personally and it's all back on?!? No thanks, this whole element felt tacked on at the last minute to milk the franchise another season.

that "chick" at the end was the same chick who was in the first few shows of last season's "24". she was working for ira gaines, the guy who was hired by the drazens to kill palmer. she stole the photographer's ID, and then parachuted out of the plane and blew it up.

remember in the desert, after gaine's goon killed her girlfriend, he said he had some more work for her? well, this guy on the boat and gaines were probably connected, and that is how nina meyers fit into this season. Are you sure that's who this is? If so, that is even more contrived than I first thought and makes everything in season 2 waaaay too directly connected to Jack.

Other than the ridiculously over-the-top ending, I felt the ep did ok wrapping up the major plotline in under an hour. I was kinda thinking Sherry would be the one to kill Peter Kingsly and save Jack at the last minute, but oh well. The ep's ending worked well enough for me, but I'm definitely not coming back for season 3.

James Boba Fettfield
05-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Has it been picked up for a third season?

derek
05-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Palmer's in an underground bunker in Washington state or something, then he's in downtown LA 7 minutes later giving a press conference and shaking hands?!?

remember palmer was on air force 1 to LA from washington when the nuke exploded in the desert? remember him watching it from the sky?:)

what's "Deus ex Machina"? is that a video game?

I can't imagine the Secret Service allowing a president to have an outdoor press conference or a long open walk to the limo while stopping to shake hands with anybody.

i totally agree with this statement.

Are you sure that's who this is? If so, that is even more contrived than I first thought and makes everything in season 2 waaaay too directly connected to Jack

yep that definately is her.

Has it been picked up for a third season?

yes, but the question is, where will it pick up from? many want it to begin right where it left off, but i say no way. it's confirmed that jack had a heart attack, and he's gonna need time to heal. besides, if season 3 began at 8:01 a.m., it would have to be called "48". :crazed:

derek
05-21-2003, 10:02 PM
here is a cast photo from season one. mandy, the "chick" who "killed" palmer is on the far left.

Anakin2121
05-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Derek,

"Deus Ex" was a spectacular video game, with a sequel on the way next month. :D

Deus ex machina can either refer to:
-Someone conveniently brought in to intervene in a difficult situation
-An unexpected, improbable, or artificial character, device, or event suddenly introduced to resolve a situtation or untangle a plot.
:)

derek
05-21-2003, 10:35 PM
"Deus ex machina", is that a latin phrase? if so, what would the translation be?

(thanks anakin)

JediTricks
05-21-2003, 10:36 PM
remember palmer was on air force 1 to LA from washington when the nuke exploded in the desert? remember him watching it from the sky?:)

what's "Deus ex Machina"? is that a video game?No, I totally forgot. Even still, you'd think it'd take longer than 7 minutes to get a press conference together and leave a secured bunker... or was he no longer in a bunker as well? I can't remember anymore and frankly don't care. ;)

Deus ex Machina - noun -

1.In Greek and Roman drama, a god lowered by stage machinery to resolve a plot or extricate the protagonist from a difficult situation.

2.An unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot.

3.A person or event that provides a sudden and unexpected solution to a difficulty.

(root from Latin: deus - god, ex - from, machina - machine).

And it appears Anakin2121 gets his definitions from the American Heritage Dictionary or a site that sources from them. :D

Anakin2121
05-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
And it appears Anakin2121 gets his definitions from the American Heritage Dictionary or a site that sources from them. :D

Right on! :)

mrmiller
05-22-2003, 01:19 PM
I have a love hate relationship with the ending to this season, and the show itself. I though it did a good job of ending the season, but I hate how it set up the next season already. I mean, a lot of shows have a cliffhanger episode and make you wait all summer for the ending. But then it's wrapped up in a show or two. This will make me wait all summer, then another 24 episodes before it's wrapped up- I feel ripped off and cheated there. The whole show is that way- I actually hope season 3 sucks so I don't "HAVE" to watch it evey week ;) . I thought this season was great, and as a series as a whole- the best thing I watched on TV this season.

I just have a few requests for season 3-
1) Don't have it take place right away, maybe a few days later
2) Don't let Plamer Die, he's about the best character in the show
3) Kill Kim off in a firey death in act 1 scene 1 of the 1st hour.

=MATT=

Kidhuman
05-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Okay JediTricks, I don't know if they were in a bunker because when Lynn fell there were stairs and bunkers usually have elevators in them. Alsothey were outside pretty quick qwhen she was going to the hospital. They might have been in a Government Building.

Also, Derek, what is that girl doing in a cast shot. She was only in a few episodes. They could of at least put Tony or Sherry in there besides her. Not knocking you for the photo but I just think it is odd that she is in it.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Also, Derek, what is that girl doing in a cast shot. She was only in a few episodes. They could of at least put Tony or Sherry in there besides her. Not knocking you for the photo but I just think it is odd that she is in it.

I was thinking the same thing!

Hmm. Let's see. We'll have the main cast consisting of Jack, Nina, Tony, Palmer, Kim, Terry, and Mandy in the next PR shot...

My take on the last hour was disappointment up to the press conference scene. It was wrapped up so neatly with Kim arriving safely at CTU, Kate NOT anything other than what she seemed, Bob and Marie having a shouting match, Tony and Michelle being "pardoned," Jack saving Sherry's neck, and the CTU sniper crew magically appearing at the right moment to shoot Peter Kingsley. I was also amazed at the Blue Thunder/CTU crossover. That's the only explanation I could come up with for that helicopter showing up unnoticed and unheard over the Colliseum. However, as soon as Mandy showed up I forgave all the writers for their sins. It was a kick-A ending. I didn't see that coming and I bet 99% of the viewers were surprised as well.

I also thought she was getting his palm print from how she handled the skin coating so it was surprising when they showed Palmer's hand all corroded.

Well, at least we have some inkling of what'll happen at least at the beginning of next season.

derek
05-22-2003, 07:39 PM
i got that cast photo from a 24 site called www.isitonyet.net

i imagine it was just many of photos taken, probably for a weekly magazine like entertainment weekly or TV guide. i've seen quite a few different photos featuring various cast members.

see, here's another.................:crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
05-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Sorry about closing the thread for a few minutes there, guys, on accident I clicked on the wrong option under the admin options and didn't notice I had done it for a few minutes.

JediTricks
05-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Okay JediTricks, I don't know if they were in a bunker because when Lynn fell there were stairs and bunkers usually have elevators in them. Alsothey were outside pretty quick qwhen she was going to the hospital. They might have been in a Government Building. Why would stairs be something a bunker wouldn't have? Anyway, you could be right, but I don't think the evidence on this is conclusive so I'm enacting the 25th Amendment... you're fired. ;)

Kidhuman
05-23-2003, 07:01 AM
I will make you a deal........... Oh wait I am not Sir Steve, no firing this president. :)

Kidhuman
05-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Tonights epid\sode was...............oh its not on anymore