PDA

View Full Version : top 5 list - movies - mar 24/30

seth_quinn
03-25-2003, 11:08 AM
I thought this might help to keep things lively around here. I'll put up a new one every monday, if you've got any ideas or topics you'd like to hit, pm me.

So what are your top 5 favorite movies of all time?

fourtwo
03-25-2003, 01:58 PM
star wars trilogy
lord of the rings trilogy
office space
this is spinal tap
super troopers

:D
:rolleyes:

Patient Zero
03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Merge Left

Jerjerrod
03-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey SQ,

It seems my DVD's catch more attention than my SW Lego. :D As for my to 5 favorites, they are:

1. Star Wars VI - Return of the Jedi
2. Star Wars V - Empire Strikes Back
3. Star Wars IV - A New Hope
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Reservoir Dogs

I know it's not fair cuz of Star Wars, but here are the next 3:

6. Snatch
7. Fight Club
8. Star Wars II - Attck of the Clones

I really enjoy action, thrillers, and crime/noir movies.

Jerjerrod

Darkross
03-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Mine are:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Attack of the Clones
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. The Phantom Menace

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Hmmm......

1. A clockwork Orange
2. Fight Club
3. Adaptation
4. High Fidelity
5. The Empire Strikes Back

that order is not necessarily the rankings in terms of favorites......basically it is random........

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 01:45 PM
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
T2
Serial Mom - "Chip, you know how I feel about the brown word!"

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
T2
Serial Mom - "Chip, you know how I feel about the brown word!"

Didn't know you were canadian.....

OR, did you just stumble in from down south?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Eh? What are you talking aboot? ;)

I'm from neither. Is Serial Mom popular in those places. . . what am I missing here?? LOL :)

The Overlord Returns
04-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Eh? What are you talking aboot? ;)

I'm from neither. Is Serial Mom popular in those places. . . what am I missing here?? LOL :)

LOL...well.......this is the "Just Found: Canada" board...so I jumped to a conclusion... ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
LOL...well.......this is the "Just Found: Canada" board...so I jumped to a conclusion... ;)

Oh my goodness, I feel like such a heel ROFL I saw the top 5 films but completely missed the Canada part. Please, please forgive this one! :o

I formerly retract my list of 5 and throw it to the wind, never to be seen again.

Sorry guys :)

Patient Zero
04-11-2003, 05:47 PM
And that was the moment at which the universe imploded.

i am soooo confusEd

seth_quinn
04-11-2003, 10:23 PM
just because this is the "just found - Canada" forum, it doesn't mean that only Canadians are welcome to partake in the threads, anybody and everybody is welcome to post here and I think I speak for all the regulars when I say that we'd be more happy to have you join in.

seth_quinn
04-11-2003, 10:26 PM
hey tgoj - are you a canuck too?

Prince Xizor
04-13-2003, 11:52 PM
After seeing Bowling For Columbine, I wish I lived in Canada! :)

Top 5:
1) The Big Lebowski
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Chasing Amy
4) Bowling For Columbine
5) Muppets From Space

note: This list changes day to day, depending on my mood. Tomorrow the list might include Two Towers, or Reservoir Dogs.

The Overlord Returns
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Oh my goodness, I feel like such a heel ROFL I saw the top 5 films but completely missed the Canada part. Please, please forgive this one! :o

I formerly retract my list of 5 and throw it to the wind, never to be seen again.

Sorry guys :)

Deoxy....I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't be posting in the thread if you weren't from Canada....

I just assumed that anyone on the JF:Canada forum would be a canuck....

And yes, I am fully aware of what one does when one "assumes" ;)

Patient Zero
04-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by seth_quinn
hey tgoj - are you a canuck too?

Canuck? I think not, but I did visit when I was younger. I just remember it being really clean. I'm in New Jersey. Why are you laughing!?! Stop it!:crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Deoxy....I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't be posting in the thread if you weren't from Canada....

I just assumed that anyone on the JF:Canada forum would be a canuck....

And yes, I am fully aware of what one does when one "assumes" ;)

Hehe...you know what, you didn't even come close to implying, I was just embarrassed for missing the Canada Just Found in big blue letters. :D And for assuming, well I must say I would have assumed the same thing as you Overlord! I still laugh that I missed the whole Canada thing, I mean, under all of your names, wouldja lookit that, all of you live in Canada! ROFL Big duhhhh on my part :)

I visited Vancouver about 10 times and Victoria so I practically live there doncha think??? hehe ;)

Dialogus
04-15-2003, 10:20 AM
1. HOWARD THE DUCK (Hello Jeditricks!)
2. NO HOLDS BARRED
3. RAWHEAD REX
4. KISS MEET THE PHAMTOM OF THE PARK
5. ROCCO ANIMAL TRAINER 7

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 08:46 AM
wow, for the most part you all have some really good taste in movies, but seeing as how it's five films that are the reason most of us are here, maybe this is to be expected. I've seen a pile of titles here that could have easily made my own list (not including the five sw flicks) and since I started the thread, I guess I should throw in my picks. here are five of my faves that no one else has mentioned yet: (in no particular order)

1 - American History X
2 - Goldeneye
3 - Life Is Beautiful
4 - Seven
5 - Boondock Saints

I know I've already mentioned this a few times in a couple of places around here but I wanted to reiterate it one more time, the 'just found - Canada' forum is Not exclusively for Canadians to post in. all of us that regularly post in it heartily welcome and encourage anyone and everyone to post there. please, please, please do! we're not elitists or anything, we just start threads and conversations in there because we don't think anybody else would be interested in them.

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 08:55 AM
hey g-jonna, I don't know much about New Jersey, but it can't be any worse than that part of Michigan that polluted Lake Erie so badly the water actually caught on fire. yup, that's what are welcome signs say, "Welcome to Canada - A Nice Clean Place ...To Catch SARS.