PDA

View Full Version : Custom Vinyl Decals for cars...

JEDIpartner
03-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Just a quick question and hoping to score many answers...

Does anyone know a reliable on-line retailer who could make customised vinyl decals for cars? I was looking to get a couple Republic insignias made for my 2003 Protege...

Thanks for the assist (and reading this... if nothing else).

The 'Xir
03-25-2003, 08:56 PM
I sell the premade ones, but they're all the painted renderings of naked girls and/or with skimpy/see-through lingerie!:eek: :kiss:
and I'm wholesale not retail! Sorry no premade republic or Imp insignias here! I might no somone who can do them though, actually I might know two, so I'll get back to ya! :D

bobafrett
03-26-2003, 11:01 AM
try e-mailing tk1528fl@aol.com he might be able to make the custom viynl sticker you want. I ordered a Stormtrooper helmet and my TK id# and they look really nice! His name is Ceaser (sp?) and he might be able to send you a picture of some of the Star Wars related stickers/decals he makes.

JEDIpartner
03-27-2003, 04:01 PM
thank you for the leads!

InsaneJediGirl
03-31-2003, 01:27 PM
I've seen a few on eBay,JEDIpartnr.They had some pretty interesting ones too:)

bobafrett
03-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Yes, I too saw some nice vehicle window stickers on eBay. I picked up 2 Imperial snowflake that look like etched glass. I also bought a small "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." sticker.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2003, 03:06 PM
I've got three Republic Insignias on the way... I'm so happy I could... erhm... ah... ooh... Smile! Yeah... that's it! Smile... :rolleyes:

thanks for all the help folks! :)

notafinga
04-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Anybody else want some custom Star Wars decals let me know at Notafinga10@AOL within the next three weeks and I'll do what I can. I'm the graphic designer at a local sign shop (I've decided to leave and relocate soon) and we do this stuff all the time.

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 02:24 AM
Picture of some of the stickers I had done already. I don't believe this one has the Stormtrooper helmet or my TK #. Nor does this picture show the etched glass looking Imperial snowflakes I had put on the side windows

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 02:29 AM
This one shows the etched glass looking Imperial snowflakes. I have one on each side.

notafinga, do you have any picture samples of your work?

notafinga
04-03-2003, 02:37 AM
hmmm... actually, yea. I have some recreated logos and such, i'll snap a pic of the one i have on my car...it's a Phish sticker, and i have some Transformer decals i did a while back. Til then, I'll link you to this John Lennon painting I did last year to display my artistry :sur:
Unfortunately, there is a glare on the surface from the lighting, which makes it look washed out. Trust me though, i can do anything...

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Very nice painting! I can't paint to save my life, I do like to work with clay.

JediTricks
04-03-2003, 09:05 PM
bobafrett, how come you have a picture of your car at the State Farm insurance dealer? I mean, I'm sure Sharon Sullivan appreciates the free advertising and all, but is that the only location you could find to shoot a pic? ;)

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 11:38 PM
It was taken in front of the Pizza place I deliver for. The State Farm agent is no longer in the building above. I put the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." sticker on my car, and wanted to preserve it on film. I mean after all, my car has been rear ended 3 times, it's only a matter of time before something happens to the back window. I just took some pictures of the two new decal I added after that picture was taken.

JEDIpartner
04-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Nice decals friend!!! I can't wait for mine... they'll probably show up today!

bobafrett
04-12-2003, 11:23 AM
A few more that I added to my back window. I added a Stormtrooper helmet, and my TK ID# (in aurabesh)

bobafrett
04-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Another view of the back window.

JediTricks
04-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Very cool with the aurebesh, but the key I have doesn't have numbers on it, so are those "523"?

bobafrett
04-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Very cool with the aurebesh, but the key I have doesn't have numbers on it, so are those "523"?

Yes, I don't have them either in aurebesh. The guy who gave me my first tattoo had the numbers. Also the guy who made the vinyl stickers had them, and used them to make the sticker.