PDA

View Full Version : All time favorite SNL host?

JediDan
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
There is only one person that hosts SNL that I know when they host I will be laughing. That person is none other than Christopher Walken. Just looking at him doing comedy is hilarious in itself. Hands down number one in my book, I hope he will be back again this year. I love that guy. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2003, 07:06 PM
I got a fever, and the only prescription is for more cowbell!

QLD
03-25-2003, 08:22 PM
he makes me laugh on SNL because he can't be bothered to remember ANY lines, and blatantly uses cue cards.

One of my favorites is Alec Baldwin, the show is always good with him on it, even though I hate him.

Steve Martin is good too.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2003, 09:52 PM
QLD I was just gonna say that hehe :D ;)

Alec Baldwin for me too! And man has he been on it alot!

stillakid
03-25-2003, 10:20 PM
Jesse Jackson. That entire episode with him was hilarious back in the Martin Short/Billy Crystal days. ("The Question is MOOT") :D

EricRG
03-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah Dan, I clicked on the thread name while saying to myself...Christopher Walken.

mrmiller
03-26-2003, 12:15 AM
I can't believe that others agree- Alec Baldwin is a great SNL host. He always does a good job. Besides Hunt for Red October, I don't care much for him as an actor- but as a SNL host he is great.

=MATT=

Tonysmo
03-26-2003, 01:35 AM
as you can see by my tag line...

although - one skit in particular stands out for me, and I've only seen it once.. Think it was Gwenth Paltro - sp? They were doing a MTV beach party skit. the MTV JV ( Amy Poehler ) asked them to request a song, which she requested Shania Twains that dont impress me much. after a brief comment of oooookaaaayy.. they played it and they all started dancing hilarious.. she then turns to Maya Rudolph and asks for her request.. she asked to have the same song played, and they dance.. finally she turns to Tracy Morgan who gives a shout out to his homies.. with the same song.. hilarous I tell ya.. of course Gwenth and Maya were both in bikini's which made the skit that much better.. and the dancin.. Fun - ny..

scruffziller
03-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Yea Alec Baldwin..........

Canteen Boy have you ever had a mimosa?????.........:D

Kidhuman
03-26-2003, 07:55 AM
There have been many funny hosts. Christopher Walken is awesome. So was Baldwin. I don't know if there is a favorite.

mrmiller
03-26-2003, 07:57 AM
The chef Schewtty skits kill me. Some people don't think it's that funny, but you gotta imagine it being broadcast over the radio. Good stuff- making me laugh right now thinking about it.

By the way, as if you didn't know- Will Farrel Rules! Best SNL performer ever.

So now- not just how is your favorite host, but who is your favorite SNL performer?

=MATT=

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Molly Shannon from the newer SNL's

Dana Carvey/Mike Meyers from the middle SNL's

Gilda Radner/Jane Curtain from the old SNL's

QLD
03-26-2003, 12:03 PM
All-time would be: Phil Hartman

Nobody had the character range and acting ability he had.

He could play straight or slapstick, whichever was necessary, not to mention his knack of good impressions as well.

The world is a lot less funny without him now. :(

El Chuxter
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
As far as opening monologues go, Tom Hanks, Jeff Goldblum, and Gwyneth Paltrow are my faves. I think for the "Jerk Dance" skit and Tom's unnamed "Well, hello! And goodbye!" character, Jeff and Tom are the best.

"Abraham Lincoln? Then I'm dead?"
"No, Tom. You're just an enormous [deleted]."

Kidhuman
03-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Phil Hartman was definitley the best performer I have seen. He was great at his role and always made me laugh.

Dr Zoltar
03-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Sir Ian McKellen and Senator John McCain were two of my most recent favorites.

Ian -- I loved the skit where he was dressed up as Dr. Who and Jimmy told him his impression of Gandolf sucked. Plus he was bold enough to sit right off stage (in camera view) and listen to Kylie during her musical numbers. Usually the guest disappears after announcing the musical number.

John -- Him dressed up as the hippy school teacher was hillarious. Complete with long hair, tie-dyed shirt, and references to drug use.

12inch Lando
03-27-2003, 06:30 AM
The think that Steve Martin is the best all time host. No age jokes please.:)

Arrogant Arse
03-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Tom Hanks, and Steve Martin were the best hosts.

Will Farrell is #1, Phil Hartman is #2 and the other performers are way back after them.

My question is then who is the WORST host an or performer?

Worst performer: Tie Colin Quinn, Melanie Hutzel(sp)

Worst host: (can't think of one right now)

icatch9
03-27-2003, 12:32 PM
The worst is a lot easier than the best. Well four come to mind.

Steve Forbes (Teve Torbes)
Nancy Karrigan
Johnny Mosely
Al Gore

It always seem that non actors suck. It's not thier fault they aren't actors, but they shouldn't go on a live TV Show that requires acting ability and timeing. Not to mention the ability to read, wich I think Johnny Mosely lacks :D.

Colin Quinn was bad, but he had his moments. I like the Lion skit he did on Weekend Update w/ Norm McDonald. He sucked when he hosted Weekend Update.

El Chuxter
03-27-2003, 02:18 PM
One non-actor I didn't think of earlier who was hilarious was Michael Jordan.

"Mr Jordan, do you ever feel, well, not fresh?"

"I don't usually have guests, but tonight I have with me a basketball player. I'll call him Michael J to preserve his anonymity."

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Madonna as host (definitely Non actor) = BAD bad bad!!!

:dead:

QLD
03-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Charles Barkley was great! :D

Colin Quinn and Tracy Morgan are horrrrrrible.

Joe montana and Wayne Gretzky weren't too bad.

icatch9
03-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Yes, MJ and Barkley did a fine Job. I don't know about Montana and Gretzky. All I can think of about Montana is that sceen when he talks alot about masturbation. It's just kind of creepy.

That sceen with Gretzky and that whole Hawaiian hockey thing was kind of lame. It's not like he wrote it, but it was a big sceen for him.

QLD
03-28-2003, 09:32 AM
That Montana-masturbation skit was hilarious.....I guess because Montana actually said, "they won't bother me, I'll just be upstairs masturbating." I can't imagine many athletes willing to say that.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
That Montana-masturbation skit was hilarious.....I guess because Montana actually said, "they won't bother me, I'll just be upstairs masturbating." I can't imagine many athletes willing to say that.

Especially Mr. Wholesome Montana :D

It's great when people surprise you like that. :)

scruffziller
03-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
All-time would be: Phil Hartman

Nobody had the character range and acting ability he had.

He could play straight or slapstick, whichever was necessary, not to mention his knack of good impressions as well.

The world is a lot less funny without him now. :(

Yea his impression of Jimmy Swaggart was dead on!!!!!!!!:D