PDA

View Full Version : How did Obi know........

scruffziller
03-26-2003, 06:15 AM
......To which Kamino city to go to find what he was looking for?

The force?????

LTBasker
03-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Probably, or just another one of those coincidences like him being waited on. I guess since he didn't get too warm of a welcome in Otoh Gunga the force felt like showing some mercy on him so he won't hate water so much. :D

Or possibly it didn't really matter where he landed (well landing in water may make a difference...) because I'm sure the majority of their facilities are underwater, cause it is kinda pointless to be on a stormy water planet otherwise. Anyways, if he had landed elsewhere I'm sure someone would've taken him to Lama Su, we don't actually know the exact distance he had to travel to Lama's office either.

Kidhuman
03-26-2003, 10:32 AM
It was all in the script.

scruffziller
03-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
It was all in the script.

Yea:D

TheDarthVader
03-26-2003, 12:50 PM
I would have to go with the "force guided him" theory.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Good Question!

I'm sure GL will come up with some kind of answer in the interests of continuity. Something like this perhaps...

"Well, Obi Wan knew exactly which facility to land on because "the force" told him, but since "the force" already told Luke how to blow up the death star, I didn't think it would be appropriate to have "the force" tell Obi Wan which facility to land on, since it has already been done in ANH. I like the element of surprise." - GL

:D

keith koth
03-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Obi probably scanned Kamino for life forms and/or technology...with the platform Obi landed on being the only above surface structure on Kamino, he knew exactly where to land his ship.

Anakin2121
03-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Didn't Obi-Wan say (or the novel say) that Tipoca City was the largest city, and likely to be the capital of the planet, where he would be most likely to find his answers. Just a guess. :)

Pendo
03-26-2003, 04:16 PM
I always thought that Obi-Wan communicated with them over intercom. I'm sure I read that somewhere. That is also why Taun We knew he had landed and went up to him.

PENDO!

mini-rock
03-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I always thought that Obi-Wan communicated with them over intercom. I'm sure I read that somewhere. That is also why Taun We knew he had landed and went up to him.

PENDO!

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere also. But it's also possible that Dexter told Obi-Wan what city was the capital, and that THAT was where he would find the Prime Minister.

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Yea, I guess it helps to read the books.:)

icatch9
03-27-2003, 10:36 AM
The Force is a good answer, we just don't know what it's capabul of.

On the other hand, Lukes X Wing could detect city population and what not. Remember he didn't detect anything on Degobah. Chances are Obi Wans Star Fighter could do the same thing. That cloaning facility was huge, and to Obe Wan that was probally the best bet.

So, there is a logical explaination without that whole Force thing.

mini-rock
03-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
The Force is a good answer, we just don't know what it's capabul of.

On the other hand, Lukes X Wing could detect city population and what not. Remember he didn't detect anything on Degobah. Chances are Obi Wans Star Fighter could do the same thing. That cloaning facility was huge, and to Obe Wan that was probally the best bet.

So, there is a logical explaination without that whole Force thing.

Yep, that works too.:)

JediTricks
03-28-2003, 08:13 PM
My guess is that the capital city had an automated landing beacon to divert new clients to the proper location.

mini-rock
04-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
My guess is that the capital city had an automated landing beacon to divert new clients to the proper location.

Best explenation I have read so far.

stillakid
04-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
but since "the force" already told Luke how to blow up the death star,

:eek: What the ....?:confused:

I must have a different version of these movies than most people.;)