PDA

View Full Version : What else could the Kaminoians have?

LTBasker
03-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Today I was thinking about how it's said the Gungans' technology is mainly organicly grown. Now obviously this would be a very sophiscated thing to develop for a species as primitive as them and they just live in Naboo's Swamps. Then we have Kamino, a vast water planet in which we only saw a couple of surface complexes. So we're led to believe that everything that we saw was just out of those surface networks. Doubtful.

If the Gungans could have the sort of technology they have, then what could the highly advanced, sophisticated and very alien Kaminoians have under the surface? For all we know they've surpassed the Gungans in organic technology and have mega-underwater cities under the surface.

Maybe the Gungan's technology isn't original, Kamino doesn't seem as if it would be far off from Naboo, considering Obi went from Kamino to Geonosis pretty quick, and Anakin and Padme were able to go from Naboo, to Tatooine to Geonosis rather quickly as well. Could the Kaminoians have evolved on Naboo, been able to form Kamino, and then leave ancient technology behind? Obviously they couldn't have used organic material for space travel because it would die from the vaccuum of space, but the Nabooians could have also evolved after the Kaminoians left. The Kaminoians could possibly also leave ancient technology on the surface as well, maybe this technology being for space travel rather than water travel.

TheDarthVader
03-26-2003, 11:48 AM
I doubt it...the Kaminoians developed their technology on their own planet of Kamino...as I see it. They probably had more ancient technology a long time ago...but not anymore. Just as here in the U.S. old technology goes on the back-burner for the new...out with the old, in with the new.

QLD
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
I bet they have Weapons of Mass Destruction. :crazed:

Fulit
03-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I bet they have Weapons of Mass Destruction. :crazed:

Nah, the Kaminoans are such a polite, stoic society that my bet would be that under the water lies their secret discos, where millions of Kaminoans meet after a hard day dealing with a million Daniel Logans, to relax, get funky and dance the night away. They abandon their otherwise polite social structure for a few hours to spit, hurl epitaphs and insults, and pummel each other into submission over drinks, all in the name of keeping order on the surface.
You gotta have a release, you know?

El Chuxter
03-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, supposedly the aiwhas were brought to Kamino from Naboo, so it's possible. . . .

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 08:19 AM
They have Sith. The new cartoon shorts show so.

RooJay
03-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Today I was thinking about how it's said the Gungans' technology is mainly organicly grown. Now obviously this would be a very sophiscated thing to develop for a species as primitive as them and they just live in Naboo's Swamps.

Since when was it established that the Gungans were at all primitive? Phantom Menace makes it pretty obvious that, while they might appear to be primitive at first glance (thus underestimated as they were by both the Trade Federation and the audience), they are in fact a highly advanced, sophisticated, and cultured society (not counting Jar Jar, obviously).

By the way, the new female Sith is not a Kaminoan, in spite of how much her animated form may imply such.

Patient Zero
03-27-2003, 02:36 PM
They should have pie. Everyone should have pie!

I think that I'm regressing to a single celled orgainism.

LTBasker
03-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Since when was it established that the Gungans were at all primitive?

"They tink dere brains so big"
Boss Nass was obviously simple minded to the point of being able to be victim to ol' Jedi Mind Trick.

Their only sophistication lies in their organic technology, their shields, bongos, boomers, everything seemed as if it were organic. A species like the Gungans I doubt would be able to come up with technology such as that, and we also didn't see any factories, considering we could practically see in the window, I think that's sayin something. ;) Ok there were alot of buildings that we couldn't see into or make out.

The gungans may not be as primitive as we shown on screen, however it's doutbful a race like them could come up with organic machinery. It would've been useful on Hoth, turning Tauntauns into one person Snowspeeders. ;)

RooJay
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Humans are also "able to be victim to ol' Jedi Mind Trick" also. That seems to have little to do with sophistication. I might also point out that the Gungans very obviously were able to come up with that kind of technology. Where else do you suppose it came from?
Also, a people's speech patterns tend not to correlate directly with intelligence or sophistication either; especially when they are not speaking their native language. You try speaking a language you were not raised to speak - you might sound like an idiot too. Does that mean you are un-sophisticated also?

The 'Xir
03-27-2003, 11:34 PM
I think a better question is, what else have they cloned?!!!! I mean Dex calls them cloner(s)! "Damn, good ones too", he says! So, ok they can clone humans or atleast Daniel Logan, but what or who else in the SW universe have they cloned? Maybe they've cloned Rodians, I mean they all look the same, and they're in every damn background shot throughout the saga! ;) :D

stillakid
03-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
I think a better question is, what else have they cloned?!!!! I mean Dex calls them cloner(s)! "Damn, good ones too"

They cloned George Lucas, then took the original one with the ability to produce a film correctly and locked him inside a vault somewhere. The inexperienced and age-accelerated clone took over the franchise which explains the Jar Jar Binks blow-pop candy that my son got at a birthday party. :p

mini-rock
03-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
A species like the Gungans I doubt would be able to come up with technology such as that, and we also didn't see any factories, considering we could practically see in the window, I think that's sayin something.

From the Visual Dictionary:

"Gungans evolved in the swamps of Naboo, becoming almost equally well adapted to life on land and in water. The amphibious beings live in underwater cities hidden in deep lakes, breathing air or water with their compound lungs. Secret techniques allow the Gungans to "grow" the basic structures of buildings and vehicles, which are complimented and finished by Gungan artisans in organic styles. Gungans trade with the Naboo for certain items of technology, but manufacture everything else they need from the resources of their underwater habitat. Although Gungans use mechanized vehicles, they have a close affinity with the natural world and still prefer to utilize living mounts and beasts of burden."

:)

Jargo
03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Well if starwars is a long time ago then the Kaminoans have developed Art Deco and Founded the Bauhaus movement. As interior decorators they could have raked it in with reductionist and minimalist values and emphasis on form and function with a mere side stab at style. Those kaminoan structures are quite something.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Of course you would go there, old bean! I think they had a very pretty little city as well! :happy: