PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Troop Builder Sets

mm74md
03-26-2003, 06:18 PM
I've seen rumors floating around other sites that the following Troop Builder Sets are coming out this year. Can anyone shed light as to how true this is?

Battle Droids Troop Builder Set
Clone Troopers Troop Builder Set
Gungan Warriors Troop Builder Set
Scout Troopers Troop Builder Set

I am still waiting for my pre order Sandtrooper & Rebel Fleet sets from EE. Seems we won't get those until May :cry:

DarthChuckMc
03-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I ordered mine from NewForce. I should have them early April (like next week supposedly)

Amy
03-26-2003, 07:36 PM
I would love a Gungan Warriors Troop Builder Set:) I still need that Stormtrooper set because I only have one CT Stormie, and that just dont cut it.

Jargo
03-26-2003, 08:45 PM
mm74md

The clonetroopers set is coming in the fall as part of the clone wars sub-lne with new packaging and will contain three troopers. One commander with yellow markings, one sniper and one sharp shooter with relevent poses all different from other clonetroopers I think.
The battle droid set also from the clone wars sub-line consists of a super battle droid, a red batle droid using the POTJ boomer damage battle droid mold, and a destroyer droid with retooled arms and the more accurate head from the saga destroyer droid. This destroyer will also be released in the deluxe destroyer droid set alongside a new sculpt of a rolled up destroyer. the deluxe set will hit retail sometime late spring if memory serves me correctly.

The scout troopers set is at the moment pure rumor and the gungan warrior is slated to be released in an accessory set sometime this year but not as an army builder set. The gungan warrior set contains an assortment of weapons, some new some old. Plus one gungan warrior with subtle paint deco changes.

Check out the picture archive here at SSG for the recent press show coverage of the upcoming clone wars sub-line of toys

mm74md
03-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
mm74md

Check out the picture archive here at SSG for the recent press show coverage of the upcoming clone wars sub-line of toys

Mmmmm. I was hoping for a Fan Club type troop builder set. Those CW things should be ok. Sucks about the Gungan Warrior set!!! Oh well, thanks Jargo!

Jargo
03-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Well, speaking of troop builder sets, I just went nuts and ordered five sandtrooper sets from Toypalace which are winging their way to me as we speak. It's cost me 100 which is like $140 I think. Is it worth it and do I actually need so many sandtroopers? Well, I was going to buy more stormtroopers but as I have fourty I thought I'd hold off and let those who couldn't get the commtech carded one have a go and get some cheaper than carded.
So I thought getting a small army of sandtroopers would look cooler and add some variation to the troops. I have six POTJ sandtroopers for Mos Eisley duties already so these 4-packs will be on ceremonial duties on the death star. I always wanted 100 stormies since I was a kid and although this will take me just over halfway there, I think unless Hasbro come up with some new and novel way to put out the stormie I'll stop at sixty six storm/sandtroopers. Now if the scout trooper army builder set ever shows up I'll be very tempted again. And should hasbro make a death star trooper set with straight legs not the running pose I'll be whipping out the credit card faster than you can say ::supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, if you try to say this word it comes out quite atrocious::

Incidentally, www.toy-palace.com still has sandtrooper, stormtrooper and endor rebel sets in stock. A little pricey perhaps but there if you really want them. They also have the bootleg clonetroopers.

Sentinel18725
03-27-2003, 03:11 PM
EWOKS!!!!!!!! I hate them, but we need more

hukilu
03-27-2003, 04:29 PM
So for the record it looks like this:

Troop Builder sets-
Stormtroopers - Fan Club Exclusive - out
Sandtroopers - Online Exclusive - out
Endor Rebel Troopers - Online Exclusive - coming soon
Rebel Fleet Troopers - Online Exclusive - coming in 2003
Imperial Officer - ebay pics/rumor
Scout Troopers - rumor

Mulit packs-
Droid Army (Super, Battle and Destoyer) - coming in CLone wars
Clone Troopers (Commander, sharp and sniper shooters) - coming in Clone Wars
Destroyer Droids (with Launcher) - coming in CLone Wars
Jedi (Rodian, Twilek and human) - coming in CLone Wars

Accessory Sets-
Naboo with Gungan - pic
Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard - pic
Yavin IV with Rebel Technician - pic
Death Star Station with Death Star Gunner - rumor
Droid Factory with CZ-1 - rumor
Endor Celebration with C-3PO - rumor

kdp100
03-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Endor Rebel Troopers - Online Exclusive - coming soon

Eh what? Half a dozen boxes of these things have been sitting on the shelf at my local sci-fi store (Forbidden Planet, London, UK) for a good few months now.
I picked up my own set around October from R2DToys.

I can't remember the prices, but if you can't find them anywhere near your home then you should be able to pick up a set on eBay.com fairly cheaply.
(At the time of writing there are 2 auctions about to close in the next couple of days, going for around $15.00 for each set.)

The only problem with this builder set is that the figures are all identical, so now that I've finally got around to buying a brown waterproofed fine marker pen, I think it's time to draw some moustaches, eyebrows and beards on a couple of them...