PDA

View Full Version : POTJ IG-88 vs. SOTE IG-88

mm74md
03-27-2003, 10:55 AM
IG-88 is one of 2 POTJ figures I don't have. And I've only seen him for $10+ on the secondary market.

My question is for those who have the POTJ version and the SOTE version. Are there any major differences? I don't want to give up $15 or so for a figure that I'll open to display with my other POTF2+POTJ Bounty Hunters.

Any info would be great!

Darkross
03-27-2003, 11:29 AM
I don't have either...but I will have the POTJ version next week...but from what I can tell the POTJ version is much better...more acurate to scale and look. If you look in the collector's database you may be able to see the differences or you can check out the following link which will give you a better idea:

http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/characompare/ccig88.asp

Hope this helps!

mm74md
03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
That helps. Thanks. I guess I'll be able to pick him up as part of the Bounty Hunter 4-pack or keep looking for a bargin online.

aceguide
03-27-2003, 02:41 PM
The POTJ sculpt is vastly superior to any previous version of this figure. Really worth it in my opinion.

I believe this is the version that will be coming out with the Bounty Hunter pack - see the link

http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30710[/URL]

JediTricks
03-27-2003, 06:48 PM
They're both very nice, but the SOTE one is apparently the vintage one with added waist articulation. I prefer the SOTE one's height and ability to stand on its own over the POTJ one's shorter height and gimpy leg - not to mention that early versions of the POTJ one have a hard time holding the weapon (oh yeah, and the SOTE one has 2 weapons where the POTJ version has only 1). However, the removable bandolier and the added paintjob make the POTJ one slightly superior in my book.

OC47150
04-10-2003, 02:04 PM
I have both, and the detail on the POTJ IG-88 is greater than on the SOTE.

Lewis
04-22-2004, 12:26 AM
I also have both and the POTJ is better apart from that you only get one weapon with it.. :(