PDA

View Full Version : R5-D4 a Star Tours exclusive!?!? DIE Hasbro DIE!

sith_killer_99
03-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Well the good news is, we are getting and R5-D4, and the sculpt looks great.

The bad news is the the Evil Empire has decided to make this one of their "Star Tours" figures.

I don't consider the Star Tours line to be real Star Wars figures, but I may have to resort to buying this figure (at an over inflated price no doubt). :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Yeah! 10 bones which makes it hard for me to justify buying many for customizing/painting to have in dioramas!

:(

Beast
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
But the droid isn't technically R5-D4 anyway, it's R5-DL. Note the binocular type eyes, instead of the three short eyes. Also note that R5-D4 has blue on his legs, and torso. And that his side panels are painted, where as R5-DL's are not. So it really doesn't matter. It's just like how they labeled the aquamarine R4 unit as R4-M9 in the Star Tours line and he really wasn't. But we'll still likely get an actual R5-D4 figure from Hasbro sooner or later. Especially since they molded a new R5 head. :)

R5-D4 Gallery (http://www.astromech.net/gallery/astromechs/R5-D4.htm)
R5-DL Gallery (http://www.astromech.net/gallery/astromechs/R5-DL.htm)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
03-27-2003, 01:43 PM
I was excited at the prospect of getting a new R5-D4, but was dissapointed that it wasn't the one from the movie. hahahahahaha $10 for THAT?...right

Please put out the REAL R5-D4. You're not getting my cash until you do.

Kidhuman
03-27-2003, 03:13 PM
BRING BACK R5-D4. We need one. A Star Tours fig. Blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
03-28-2003, 12:35 PM
Yeah, that's right you guys don't buy this one and then i can buy them all up for my droid army and customise them. So do not buy the star tours r5 droid and force hasbro into making a new one that is coorect to the movie and allow me to grab a whole load of this other thing.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Yeah, that's right you guys don't buy this one and then i can buy them all up for my droid army and customise them. So do not buy the star tours r5 droid and force hasbro into making a new one that is coorect to the movie and allow me to grab a whole load of this other thing.

You must have "deeeeep pockets" thar EJ ;)

save 2 for meeeeeeee

Rogue II
03-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Yes, sir.;)

I haven't bought any of the other Star Tours figures, so why start now?:confused: