PDA

View Full Version : Horror fans rejoice!

Patient Zero
03-27-2003, 11:46 AM
I hit the goldmine when I stumbled across this site the other day. Check it out: http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/

In the works: At the mountains of madness (HP Lovecraft), House of the dead 1 & 2, Beyond Re-animator (already made and it may premiere on Sci-Fi in an edited version), Underworld (vampires/werewolves), 2 new Return of the living dead films, Tortured Souls (yes the C. Barker toys), Resident Evil 2 and comic book movies Ghostrider and Werewolf by Night. Also supposed remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead.

:D :dead: :D :dead: :D :dead: :D :dead: :D :dead: :D :dead: :D :dead:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Beast
03-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Yep, one of my favorite websites to keep track of what is coming and what's planned for the future. I've heard good things about quite a few of those. And I'm especially looking forward to Beyond Re-Animator. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dr Zoltar
03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
I am a huge fan of Lovecraft and can't wait to see "At the Mountains of Madness." I highly recommend "Dagon" -- It's very good for a low budget horror flick. Stays mostly true to the original story as well.

And speaking of the Re-Animator movies, if anyone is going to be in the Portland, Oregon area the 2nd weekend of October, there is a Lovecraft Film Festival going on. Special guest will be Jeffery Combs -- The man who has been in the most HP Lovecraft adapted movies! Oh yeah, he was on Star Trek a few times as well...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-27-2003, 12:24 PM
That "Dawn of the Dead" remake is the worst idea to come along in a long running history of bad ideas. I am whole heartedly against this. The original is a brilliant piece of film and a more "hip and trendy" remake is going to be downright embarrassing. "I weep for the future."

I am looking forward to Resident Evil: Nemesis though. I liked RE and am going to enjoy the sequel. Cheers!! :D

Beast
03-27-2003, 12:28 PM
I don't know. So far what I've read and heard of the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, it doesn't sound that bad. I'm not going to judge the movie, until I actually see it. After all, just being a remake doesn't automatically tag a movie to be terrible. Just look at "The Ring". On the other hand, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake is going to be terrible. Just because it's being helmed by Michael Bay. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
03-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
That "Dawn of the Dead" remake is the worst idea to come along in a long running history of bad ideas. I am whole heartedly against this. The original is a brilliant piece of film and a more "hip and trendy" remake is going to be downright embarrassing. "I weep for the future."

I would much rather watch a bad horror movie remake than one of the craptacular films coming out of hollywood these days. Of course it is quite doubtful that the remake will be nearly as good as the original, but it will still be funner than watching Titanic. :p

James Boba Fettfield
03-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Maybe if some of the people who made the original Dead trilogy were involved, then yes, I would look forward to it. This just seems like some big suits saw the cult following this movie has, decided to revamp for today's sex and action crowd, and expect it to make money. No thank you unless Tom Savini is helming this one like the Night '90 remake.

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Don't forget Jeepers Creepers 2 next month!!!!

Patient Zero
03-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller

Don't get JJB started! :Pirate: I personally didn't care for the first one. It was ok, but nothing that I would bother to watch a second time.

Beast
03-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Must....resist....urge....to....spout....hatred... .for....director. :dead:

MTFBWY and GG!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I dunno JJ dude, last i heard, the "Dawn" remake was going to be written by the guy who gave us the monumental achievement in crap, "Scooby-Doo" Granted, that very well might have changed, but i did hear they were attempting to have it aimed at the teens and the young adults and that just irks me.....

"The contemporized version aims to place a greater emphasis on action and a young cast than the original, adds the trade. " (homepage of the dead, taken from "Variety)

i can see it now, just lots of pointless action and flashy colors and none of the plot and character development that makes the original brilliant. Maybe they'll go so far as to cast Vin Diesel in the character of Peter, maybe James Van Der Beek as Roger, Denise Richards as Fran and maybe Joshua Jackson as Steven.

"Gunn's version has added more than a dozen new people
living inside the mall and will also show us the effects of the dead plague upon other creatures such as dogs. " (homepage of the dead, taken from Cinescape)

coughcoughresidentevilripoffcoughcough

Sure, Romero started the zombie genre, but his films never once mentioned dogs and "creatures" I dunno, i'll go see it, cause i love Zombie films and because i like the original...i just hope maybe i'm proven wrong and this move will be good....but if some young punk kid says afterwards that "it was better than the original" i'm gonna go Weapon X on him. :D

mm74md
04-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller

Looks entertaining

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/jeepers_creepers_2/large.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2003, 07:12 PM
"Dawn of the Dead" Remake news for those who care.

According to The Hollywood Reporter "Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction, Undisputed) and Sarah Polley (eXistenZ , Go) are in final negotiations to star in Universal Pictures/Strike Entertainment's horror feature Dawn of the Dead for director Zack Snyder."

"The project, a reinvention of the 1978 horror film of the same name, goes into production next month. Written by James Gunn (Scooby-Doo), Dead is about a mysterious plague that causes the newly dead to rise from their graves and begin to eat the living. During the chaos, a core group of remaining humans takes refuge in a shopping mall. These include a young nurse (Polley), the police-uniformed Kenneth (Rhames), a mall employee who works at Best Buy, a gangbanger and his pregnant Russian girlfriend."

"Strike's Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce Dead with the film's rights holder Richard P. Rubenstein. Tom Bliss is executive producing. Rhames, repped by ICM, next stars in the Barry Levinson-directed comedy Envy and the indie feature Sin. Polley, repped by WMA, is best known for her work in such films as The Sweat Hereafter, Guinevere and The Weight of Water."

I still don't know about this one. cheers!! :D

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 08:15 AM
I also like Resident Evil, and am looking forward to Nemisis. I think RE was underated, as many people saw it as a Return of the Living Dead Rip-Off. Well, it's not- it's based on a game that is a Return of the Living Dead Rip-off :D

But mostly I'm looking forwar to 28 Days Later. I hear good things from my British friends (where this was released about 6 months ago).

=MATT=

Darth Jax
05-12-2003, 09:46 AM
28 days later certainly looks interesting based on the trailer. a good zombie flick is always entertaining.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
I had the pleasure of seeing "28 Days Later" (my secret how! :) ) and i can tell you that you will not be disappointed. It's an amazing flick. Mind you, these people aren't truly zombies, they're "infected" but they're still zombie like, except for...well, you'll just have to wait and see! :D