PDA

View Full Version : Darth Muul's corpse

keith koth
03-27-2003, 12:56 PM
I'm sure that this has been brought up before but...

I wonder if anyone retrieved Darth Maul's corpse after he was killed. If so, what did they do with it?

Beast
03-27-2003, 01:02 PM
According to StarWars.com's databank, he fell into a melting pit. So most likely, his body was probably incinerated. :)

A pained look of bewilderment crossed Maul's tattooed face as death overtook him. His body fell into the melting pit, splitting in two as it tumbled into oblivion.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmaul/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

keith koth
03-27-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, that was easy.

Thanks JarJarBinks!

El Chuxter
03-27-2003, 02:16 PM
If you want to get into EU, all Sith Lords supposedly explode when they die. So Maul would have exploded and his energies be absorbed into the melting pit (which I think would have to be constructed in such a way that it absorbs excess energy).

keith koth
03-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
If you want to get into EU, all Sith Lords supposedly explode when they die. So Maul would have exploded and his energies be absorbed into the melting pit (which I think would have to be constructed in such a way that it absorbs excess energy).

Sorry, no expanded universe here! If GL didn't write it then it didn't happen.

Besides, Darth Vader didn't explode!

PoggleTheGreater
03-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Darth vader turned back into a jedi before he died. And he didn't vanish, or did he? Didn't someone say it was only the suit Luke burnned?

keith koth
03-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by PoggleTheGreater
Darth vader turned back into a jedi before he died. And he didn't vanish, or did he? Didn't someone say it was only the suit Luke burnned?

Umm...I don't think Darth Vader turned back into a Jedi before he died.

Who do you think gave Vader the authority to turn back into a Jedi? Sure, he did have some good left in him but that is a far cry from being a Jedi.

This is just a classic example of how expanded universe conflicts with the "true story" of the Star Wars saga.

PoggleTheGreater
03-27-2003, 04:23 PM
He was a jedi before he was a sith. When he turned good again, he automatically went back to being a jedi, didn't he? If he wasn't a jedi, what was he, a good sith lord?

(Nuts to EU!)

Pendo
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM

He was a jedi before he was a sith. When he turned good again, he automatically went back to being a jedi, didn't he? If he wasn't a jedi, what was he, a good sith lord?

(Nuts to EU!)

Whether he becomes a Jedi again or not is debatable. IMO he did not. He turned back to the light side but was still not a Jedi. Just because he is good again and no longer a sith doesn't mean he is automatically a Jedi. He's just a nothing now, a nothing who can use the force.
For all we know, in Episode III Anakin may have been expelled from the Jedi Order when the council find out about his marriage to Padmé, and I would suspect his expulsion when he slaughters some Jedi. So I'd say he's deffo not a Jedi again.

Vader DID vanish at the end of ROTJ and it is only his suit that Luke is burning.

PENDO!

stillakid
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Pendo

Vader DID vanish at the end of ROTJ and it is only his suit that Luke is burning.

PENDO!

I disagree. If it was only the suit, many portions of it wouldn't have "filled out" (like the entire chest area) if there was no body in there. Plus, there would be absolutely no reason for Luke to build such an "ornate" pile of wood and lay the suit out so nicely if it was just the suit. In fact, if it was just the suit, Luke wouldn't have that kind of respect for that exterior shell which personified the evil that held his father prisoner for so long.

No, Anakin didn't vanish on the Death Star and there is no reason to think that he wasn't on the pyre either.

mini-rock
03-28-2003, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think Anakin was a Jedi again at the end of ROTJ. e just returned to the light side of the force. As for him disappearing on the DS I don't think he did that either. I think that is he had disappeared then Luke would have seen Anakin's ghost before he burned Vaders suit. No, Anakin was still in the suit when Luke burned him, and once that was over Anakins ghost appeared. And if Anakin's body had disappered from the suit I don't think Luke would have taken the time to burn it. My .02 :D

Jayspawn
03-28-2003, 12:56 AM
Well, Obi-Wan had to go down to the bottom of that melting pit to get his lightsaber back. That or his lightsaber floated up from the bottom all the way back onto Obi's hand.

Jayspawn
03-28-2003, 12:57 AM
It occurs to me that Yoda and Windu had no dought that Maul was a Sith. So I bet they went down there too, to have a look-see!

Pendo
03-28-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Well, Obi-Wan had to go down to the bottom of that melting pit to get his lightsaber back. That or his lightsaber floated up from the bottom all the way back onto Obi's hand.
Didn't Obi-Wan build a new lightsaber? Although his Episode I and Episode II sabers look the same there are some differences between them.

About Vader dissapearing, it has been answered in the Jedi Council here (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20000131.html).

And when Darth Vader sacrifices himself in the end to save his son, he too becomes one with the Force (it is his armor that burned in the Endor funeral pyre).
I see it as Anakin's human body dissapears (what's left of it), but when Luke is burning Vader's suit he is giving the rest of his mechanical body a Jedi funeral :).

PENDO!

keith koth
03-28-2003, 10:11 AM
I also do not think that Vader's body vanished after his death. But, let us assume for a moment that Vader did vanish...vanishing is not the same thing as exploding.

Now back to my statement I posted earlier in regard to all Sith exploding upon meeting their death:

Darth Vader did not explode, so that theory is invalid.

Vanishing upon death is a completely different subject.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2003, 02:16 PM
I read that Obi-Wan constructed a new lightsaber SIMILAR to the one he had lost on Naboo. Perhaps it was a passing blip in the AOTC novelisation!

PoggleTheGreater
03-28-2003, 03:07 PM
The difference in the E1 saber and the E2 one is that the one from E1 was painted silver and the one from E2 was chrome plated.

mini-rock
03-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
Didn't Obi-Wan build a new lightsaber? Although his Episode I and Episode II sabers look the same there are some differences between them.

About Vader dissapearing, it has been answered in the Jedi Council here (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20000131.html).

I see it as Anakin's human body dissapears (what's left of it), but when Luke is burning Vader's suit he is giving the rest of his mechanical body a Jedi funeral :).

PENDO!

Cool! Glad that question was answered. Thanks for posting that Pendo.:)

JediTricks
03-29-2003, 05:06 AM
Why would Vader's armor burn? It's made to withstand extreme temperatures and battle conditions. Perhaps that's why Luke builds such a big fire though.

I can just see some post-ROTJ Ewoks putting on the undamaged Vader helmet and gloves as the music starts to play the Imperial March. :D

12inch Lando
03-29-2003, 05:25 AM
Darth Wicket?