PDA

View Full Version : C- 3po Knows The Truth

BountyHunter
11-14-2001, 04:54 PM
WOULDN'T C-3PO KNOW THAT ANAKIN WAS LUKE'S FATHER? OR DO YOU THINK VADER ERASED THAT PART OF HIS MEMORY, OR DO YOU THINK THAT VADER CHANGED HIS PROGRAMMING TO FORBID C-3PO FROM TELLING LUKE, OR DID C-3PO NEVER FIND OUT, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

bigbarada
11-14-2001, 06:04 PM
I don't think Threepio ever really knew, so no memory wipe would be necessary. Just because the audience is aware of something doesn't mean every character in the story is.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 06:11 PM
Threepio's so worried about getting melted down or having the crap beat out of him through the OT that he never puts two and two together.

master jedi
11-14-2001, 09:06 PM
I think one of 3POs previous owners (previous to Luke) erased his memory.

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 11:20 PM
I only wish someone could erase MY memory about 3PO's beginnings.:stupid:

GNT
11-15-2001, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I only wish someone could erase MY memory about 3PO's beginnings.:stupid:

That can be arranged ***GNT picks up Baseball bat*** ;)

El Chuxter
11-15-2001, 10:58 AM
Now, now, GNT, there's no need to resort to violence.

The Behind the Magic CD-ROM states explicitly that neither C-3PO nor R2-D2 have ever received a memory wipe. It also says that C-3PO is about a century old. I've always prescribed to the "Anakin rebuilt C-3PO rather than created him" theory. (I know the Tales of the Golden Droid book that comes with the 12" Battle Damaged C-3PO says Ani built the brain from scraps, but c'mon, that's just farfetched.)

I think C-3PO knows but has a "selective memory block" that could only be removed by Bail Organa, Captain Antilles, or even Obi-Wan Kenobi. But whoever it was died before they could deactivate the block.

In the Union comic, C-3PO remembers where he was built, so I doubt his memory was erased. (EU, I know, but I still like it.)

master jedi
11-15-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Now, now, GNT, there's no need to resort to violence.

We all saw that JT asked for it.

JediTricks
11-16-2001, 07:00 AM
Chux, I subscribe to the same theory. I mean, how could this little kid program a protocol droid?!?

Co Jo-Da
11-16-2001, 11:57 AM
No way, Threepio would have never shut up after becoming Luke's droid...

BountyHunter
11-19-2001, 06:13 PM
Chux, I subscribe to the same theory. I mean, how could this little kid program a protocol droid?!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, he is the chosen one, he has powers, he is smart, he isn't liek your average 7 year old brat.

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 08:53 AM
BH, he's supposed to be 9, and I never got the impression that he was a master linguist or an emotion-programmer, only that he had a talent with a screwdriver. This would be like a kid learning how to build a small-block Chevy engine and then going on to write the most advanced living program ever in the same one-year period -- it's just a wee bit too far-fetched for my tastes.

BountyHunter
11-20-2001, 03:49 PM
I undrstand what your saying, but It's A different Galzxy, I always figured that humans, in the SW universe, were more talented than the Humans of Earth.