PDA

View Full Version : Ewok song vs. Victory Celebration:SE

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Though I enjoy the added elements of the celebration from the SE., I still prefer the Ewok's yubnub song.

Any thoughts?

Pendo
03-28-2003, 06:29 PM
I actually prefer the Special Edition celebration. I think it gives more depth and emotion to the scene and the end of the Empire :).

I still love the Yub Yub aswell though :).

PENDO!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-28-2003, 06:32 PM
hmmmmmmm...I enjoy the new one as pendo says, it does add depth, and you can "feel" the music more too, but I'm going to say I like the yubnub better because, well, it says YUBNUB. No where on earth would you hear those words uttered together than the orginal OT!

:D

Beast
03-28-2003, 06:36 PM
I prefer the S.E., it's more grand and makes it feel like the Emperor's death had an effect on the galaxy. Instead of just being a small party on Endor, and everything continuing as usual on the other planets. But the Yub-Nub song is good too. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

keith koth
03-28-2003, 06:37 PM
I agree. I love the Yubnub song. While I ocassionally watch the entire special edition of ANH and ESB, I refuse to watch the entire special edition of ROTJ because they removed the Yubnub song. I always eject the tape and put in my copy of the original version just for the Yubnub part.

There must be some way that they could incorporate the Yubnub song into the end of ROTJ special edition while still leaving the Victory Celebration music.

JediTricks
03-28-2003, 07:46 PM
My opinion on this is the original, you can read why in the thread about Jedi Rocks vs Lapti Nek here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=209614#post209614

TheDarthVader
03-28-2003, 10:21 PM
I like both. It's SE vs classic, and I like the way Lucas decided to re-do it. By the way, is it Palpatine's statue that falls over at the end of ROTJ?? Thanks! :)

Exhaust Port
03-28-2003, 11:04 PM
After seeing the OT for the first time the Ewok ending was a fitting finale. After watching the Prequals unfold the SE Celebration makes more sense and does a much better job wrapping up the saga in my opinion. After slugging through 6 movies, battling evil and the dark side, some furry creatures on a planets moon singing just doesn't seem to cut it.

QLD
03-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Ya know, I don't even own a copy of the SE. Go figure.

mini-rock
03-29-2003, 03:23 AM
I like the original, but like most of you feel the SE was more grand, and to me added more to the SW universe.:)

BTW, I always thought that was Palpy's statue falling over.

JediTricks
03-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
By the way, is it Palpatine's statue that falls over at the end of ROTJ?? Thanks! :) I am pretty sure it is.

Pendo
03-29-2003, 06:10 AM
I heard some people thinking that the statue is Prince Xizor, but I say B:sur:ll:sur:cks to that! it IS Palpatine!

I think with the Archival Editions coming soon, George should add Naboo to the end celebration because when watching them in order it wouldn't make sense that all main planets from the movies are there except for Naboo where the whole story started. (I am persuming that nothing happens to Naboo in Episode III :))

PENDO!

Lman316
03-29-2003, 03:08 PM
I'll definitely go with the SE version - I just like the music better. I do like the yubnub (although I always thought it was "yubyub"), but the SE version just sounded better; more what Star Wars music is.

The only "thing" about the SE of ROTJ is that statue. I, too, believe that it is Palpy, but I don't know that it really made a lot of sense to do that. Wouldn't it have taken some time for people on Coruscant to know about what happened? How could they be absolutely sure that the Emperor was dead? Granted, news could be able to travel fast with that kind of technology, but I honestly doubt they'd be able to confirm Palpy's death that quickly.
And even if they could, wouldn't there still be a large Imperial presence in the capitol, destorying any type of "demonstration"?

Just my two cents :D.

End...

jedihunter25
03-29-2003, 04:24 PM
I like the SE, but they shouldn't have replaced the Yubnub song. The song they replaced it with was really weak .Maybe when Lucas does the Very, Very Special Edition- he'll throw in the punk rock version of Yubnub that I have:crazed: .

Kidhuman
03-29-2003, 06:33 PM
They should of left Yubnub. Showing the entire galaxy celebrating was cool, but back on The forest Moon of Endor they should of left it. They should of showed each race, culture and creed celebrating in their own fashion.

scruffziller
03-31-2003, 10:07 AM
YUB YUB

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 09:15 AM
The Ewok Celebration song, while fun, kooky and Muppet Show-like, lent absolutely no nobility to the end scene... much less the entire saga. There is a little more emotion to the scene. I kinda look at it as... let's substitute the current ending of it with something equally loopy like the Cantina Band #1. It just sort of takes away the massive scope and effect of the Rebellion's efforts.

Song, good... new ending song, better.

aceguide
04-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Well put JEDI Partner. I would like to have seen the scene start with Yub Nub and develop into the grand finale.

A side note - a friend of mine in the music business conducted a full chrus in Yub Nub for another friend's wedding. Very funny and well done! :D

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 09:42 AM
I was thinking of writing that as well... starting the scene with the muppet song... but that would have made the ending so long. I am not even sure how much footage for the finale was shot and never made it to the final print. I'm sure much of it could have been done as CG but I think the ending was quite long enough as it is.

Still... great (twisted) minds... :happy:

scruffziller
04-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Well hey that Ewok chorus that was carrying that tune was pretty close.:(