PDA

View Full Version : Why are the new 2003 figures IMPOSSIBLE to find?

Roufuss
03-29-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm aware there's scalpers and all, yes, but I can't imagine someone wants to scalp yet ANOTHER Obi Wan.

I've found a grand total of THREE 2003 figs so far, and it's disheartening, after seeing how fast Hasbro can get GI Joe and Transformers on the shelf. All I've seen are Obi Wan, Padme, and the new Tusken Raider.

Does anyone else have this problem?? I've got three Wal-Mart's, three TRU's, three Targets, and about 4 Kmarts all in a 30 minute radius from here. The only place I've EVER found the three figs listed above is with Target.

I just want to make sure it's not just me having this problem, but it really is a Hasbro problem. The fact they get GI Joe's out there so fast, yet nothing new in SW, kinda ****es me off.

Darth Jax
03-29-2003, 11:41 PM
i'm still waiting for the last wave of 2002 figures to show.

LTBasker
03-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Distribution mostly, and scalpers getting back into the game. The distribution has been sucking since '99, and every year it gets worse.

Amy
03-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Well, as of today I have found..

SC Anakin
Factory Padme
Mace
R2
Tuskin
Dooku
Boba
Acklay Ben

So, I need Lamu Su and the two Jedi. So I guess its 3 here thats hard to find..

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Jax

Me too. I haven't even found a new figure since before Christmas...

kool-aid killer
03-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Last night at a new Target i seen Anakin with his Speeder bike. It was the first new figure ive seen in quite some time. I almost bought him just to get a new figure but i wasnt too crazy about it to begin with so i skipped on him. I have a feeling though that its going to be a while more before i see a new figures again. We still have tons of figures keeping those pegs warm.

sith_killer_99
03-30-2003, 11:14 AM
The distribution has been sucking since '99, and every year it gets worse.

I have to disagree, there was only 1 wave of POTJ I ever had a hard time finding at retail, Queen Amidala Theed wave. Everything else showed up pretty well.

I think it's just a matter of time and patients. Stores are reducing their Star Wars stock in a post movie year, and things are always slow after the new year.

Besides, I moderate the Just Found section and there have been a lot of reports of the new stuff starting to show up, some have even had really good luck finding Ephant Mon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, i got tired of distribution and wasting hours upon hours hunting around Columbus, so i just joined KEBco. Got all the figures since, no problems with disturibution. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2003, 11:40 AM
I've only got:
*Obi-Wan (Wal-Mart)
*Darth Tyranus (Wal-Mart)
*Tusken Raider (Wal-Mart - not my close one)
*Mace Windu (Yestertoys)
*Rebel Trooper (kind of 2003 - Wal-Mart - not my close one)
As you can see, not terrible, but not great. My Wal-Mart still gets in boxes of Pilot Clones, Hangar Anakins, and Destroyers, but those are gone within a week (I have them already, of course). So, people are still buying, and Wal-Mart is still stocking, but al the Palpatines, Pilot Padmes and Dexter Jettsters are still there.

Roufuss
03-30-2003, 12:23 PM
I don't see why scalpers would even bother, since the main market dosen't seem to be there anymore.

You'd think they'd have their hands full getting the new He-Man toys, rather than an Obi Wan or a Padme.

And THAT'S what gets me. Aren't scalpers into the rarer, or more popular toys? I could imagine Ephant Mon being snatched up, but Obi Wan w/ spear throwing action? Most people wouldn't buy that for 4.99, let alone 8 or 10 dollars.

Hasbro really makes me angry at times, like I said the GI Joe figs get such good distrubution, I've NEVER had problems finding any wave or figure. I wish they'd put that kind of effort into all their lines.

Sentinel18725
03-30-2003, 12:31 PM
I have almost joined KEBco. but not yet. Any info on what the grand total per figure is from KEBco?

I can never find anything here in Chicago but I did find almost all fo the new waves back in St. Louis. Only problem, the bubbles were all crumpled. Library droids, crushed. Lama Su: Crushed.

Sucks!

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 02:01 PM
my town here is Florida SUCKS! all they have is crap from 2002 two days ago i went to wal mart and found Destoryer Droid Yoda Yellow clone trooper and Red Clone Trooper!

the only new thing i was LUCKY enough to find was Padme DFC and Eath Koth! after that Target re stoked the Tatooine Attack wave!!!!!!!!

and its angering me cuase i want new 2003 crap not 2002!

i'm becomeing very displeased not with the stores but a certin You Know Who in the Big White Cheese............................................ .................................................. ............................................ in ending becuase of that stores are not restokeing people are not buying and thats bad news for all of us.

Kidhuman
03-30-2003, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen any of them yet. I can't wait to buy some new stuff. I guess it all depends on the area we live in. I wish Istill lived in NYC when it comes to collecting.

vorronsalive
03-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Is it just me or is Amy the luckiest collector in the whole darn US of A. Everybody can't find crap and you pass up Boba Fett 2 times because it was to cartoony for you?!?!?! For gosh sakes you shelfish person you, there are desperate collectors(Me for one) in the smaller areas who would be very happy to have that. J/K but on a serious note, congratulations on your finds!
:)

Amy
03-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Well I think my "luck" is due to the fact that one of my jobs is working at Wal-Mart, so I get to check alot more then most people:).

Sometimes they put out a couple cases, and they will get bought up within a few minutes, and it looks just like nothing new had been put out. So I really wonder if your stoes dont get more action then what it really seems.

Kidhuman
03-30-2003, 05:08 PM
You gotta be at the stores when they open. The best find Iever got was at 2am in walmart. Went through the cases myself and found alot of what I needed. And the best part was they were on clearance

Roufuss
03-30-2003, 07:33 PM
It still makes no sense to me, as I do go to Wal-Mart at night when they restock, because there's barely anyone there past 11 pm.

I don't think this is a problem with me finding the figs, but with Hasbro. Like I said, I've found every other new wave of toys, and some of these are next to impossible to find at times, like new He-Man toys. You name it, I've found it, except for Star Wars, EVER.

Maybe it's because every store is packed so full of old stuff, there's no room for new items?

Jerjerrod
03-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
You gotta be at the stores when they open. The best find Iever got was at 2am in walmart.

Do you mean Walmarts are open 24h in the US??? :sur: That sure must be nice. Ours in Canada go by regular mall hours. :(

Btw, we have not seen any new stuff in months. The newest we've seen (rumor) is the Clone pilot wave. :rolleyes:

Amy
03-31-2003, 01:12 AM
Roufuss- You even found Sy-Clone and Adam??
:eek:

OC47150
03-31-2003, 12:46 PM
I've had good luck on Saturday mornings at the WM nearest me, like before 8 a.m.

Still haven't spotted the SC Anakin, Boba, R2 and the two female Jedis. Since a couple of them are one per case, I'm not discouraged.

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Do you mean Walmarts are open 24h in the US??? :sur: That sure must be nice. Ours in Canada go by regular mall hours. :(

Yeah they are 24 hours here. I like to roam them at 2am and get to rummage through cases on the sales floor.

keithfite
03-31-2003, 01:31 PM
I have found alot of stuff. I have found recentley, acklay obi, geonosis tyranus, bariss ofee, lama su and clone boy, tusken w/ remove head, factory padme, the jedi library droids, yoda w/ council chair, teebo, eeth koth, imperial officer and the rebel trooper. that was all at a wal-mart. I live in ohio. so they are doing pretty goo. I also have seen the speeders with dooku and anakin, but thatt was in a collector shop called the treasure chest. which I must say is one of the best star wars collector stores I have been to. It is located in the Ashland mall, in ashland, kentucky { which you probably could have figured out}. But I have not foun boba, mace, sc anakin, or r2. so there are some still im lookin for

keithfite
03-31-2003, 01:35 PM
I have also found Aayla secura. thats a good figure. I found it at wal mart. The best times to look at a wal mart is in the morning. wal marts re stock every night. They get shipments in every night. So if they get star wars, they will put them out in the morning. Thats how I find all of mine

Brainiak76
03-31-2003, 06:01 PM
i thought i was also the only one!!

I still cannot find any of the newer figs except yoda/chair, obi wan arena, tyranus geonosian!!

Im in the CA area anyone else having troubling finding any of the other ones? I heard So CA has them but why not Nor CA? :confused: :mad: :mad:

Amy
03-31-2003, 09:23 PM
Well thats another one I have yet to find, and really forgot about is Yoda with chair. I need him to, since I no longer have the episode 1 version.

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2003, 09:32 PM
I found Koth, Teebo, Tusken, and Rebel T. after seeing Daredevil on Valentine's Day. Haven't found anything new since, but I haven't looked too much. $200 college textbooks made me wince, so I go and buy 8 dvd's and wonder where my money for Star Wars figures went. I don't know sometimes about my handling of money.

Brainiak76
03-31-2003, 11:16 PM
i have one extra amy if you wnat!

do you have nething for trade?

sease9
04-01-2003, 09:45 AM
whats up people...im new to this forum(even though I been reading it since back in98)anyway,I live in miami and bro its been
dry here also for months,but last week I lucked out and finally found some new stuff...the Bobbafett,sc Anakin,mace,teebo,padme,flying r2,rebel fleet trooper,i passed on the eath koth...still missing the library droids,and ayla which
i really want...if anyone wants to trade for those hit me back..
im always coming across stuff...I dont think we have many collectors here in miami
laters:evil: :evil:

mrmiller
04-01-2003, 12:45 PM
I still haven't found a Ephont Mon! But I have seen a smattering of the new figures, at least enought to tell they they have been there. I think the stores are just getting a small amount of them, and not re-ordering. So they dissapear fast, and are never to be seen again.

=MATT=

Dialogus
04-08-2003, 05:56 PM

Darth Jax, I know what u mean:frus: !!

Dialogus
04-08-2003, 06:08 PM

Darth Jax, I know what u mean:frus: !!

Brainiak76
04-08-2003, 07:11 PM
sease9 .........

I cannot find these anywhere! Were there any more left in MOMC condition? Would you be able to help me out and pick these up for me? Bobbafett sc Anakin, flying r2..did you happen to see lama su? LMK if you could, that would dope! I have some stuff to trade or i would gladly buy at cost plus shipping!

LMK ASAP!! THANX

OR ACTUALLY IF ANYONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE DOPE!

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Muhahaha. I have found all of them except SC Anakin. I have seen Aalya twice, Barriss once, Lama Su three times, Padme on numerous occasions, as well as the repacks, Darth Tyrannus, Obi, and Boba Fett. And all of this was at Wally World. TRU only restocks their Marvel Legends, KB only their Lord Of The Rings, and Target doesn't stock. I guess Walmart is the place to be for Star Wars.

Brainiak76
04-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Ah ok!! so can you help me out or are you just rubbin it in and being a big D#$KHEAD!:frus: :mad: j/k

Cmon guy share the wealth! i need almost everything u mentioned! Help another collector out! i got stuff to trade or cash! LMK THANX

OC47150
04-09-2003, 07:23 AM
The new Yoda with chair isn't that impressive, Amy. I have one. The figure itself is a different color than the earlier Ep. 2 fighting Yoda.

sease9
04-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Brainiak...If I happen to come across these again,Ill hook you up,we could probably work out a trade;I found those at Walmart around 11:30 pm, they only had one case so I picked the figures I was missing,and left the rest for someone else(except for the Boba-needed 2,one to open)Im going crazy trying to find the Ayla,and no I didnt see the Lama su,or Barrisoffe,but I ordered those from newforce,which the reason Im sweating that Ayla is cause shes not in that case,nor have I seen her in future ones...someone hit me back on that Ayla...so then Im out...

Brainiak76
04-09-2003, 02:35 PM
COO TAHNX ALOT SEASE9!!

Good lookin out! i will keep an eye out for the ayla i kinda want her but not really! if i see her ill hand her to you!

LMK if you see..(all momc)

sc anakin
boba pit of
flyin r2
lama su

Roufuss
04-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, I've been looking, and ever since finding that Padme I've had NO LUCK.

Amy - No, unfortuantely, I haven't found Sy-Klone and Adam... but I know my TRU has the box in for it, it just has NO ROOM to put them out. My girlfriend works there, so as soon as the room is made and the figures I don't want can be put out, Sy-Klone and Adam are mine =D

In the meantime, I've been toy hunting alot trying to find the new he-man's ahead of time, and there's still been the same SW figures, like the Coruscant Padme wave. I mean, why can't they be restocking with the Ephant Mon wave >.<

The big money question is why is Hasbro so damn good about supplying me with Transformers and G.I Joe, but Star Wars aren't getting any love? I mean, I know I'd buy the figures as soon as I could find em, and I know there's more star wars collectors here than me.

I'm not even finding REMNANTS of a wave, and I find it hard to believe people are even buying all the obi-wan's and padme's.

Brainiak76
04-11-2003, 06:08 PM
i kno exactly what you mean! No signs of any 03 figs!! its BS! talked to a lady at WM and she said she wasnt sure if it was a "new" case of sw figs but that box was gone in less then a day! so im assuming it was seing how everystore pretty much has the same peg warmers!!!

Roufuss
04-11-2003, 06:53 PM
I'd like an answer from Hasbro on this. Are they not sending out enough figs? Are the figs just sitting in the back because there's too many shelf warmers?

I'd like to know if it's Hasbro's fault, or the retailer's fault... Hasbro sends out enough figures for ALL THEIR OTHER LINES!!! And they did a decent job in 2002 (I easily found all figs except for Ephant Mon).

But now, nothing. I'd LOVE to buy your figs Hasbro, what's going on!!!

Bobdole
04-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I work at TOys R Us and personally check each truck for which figures come in, and I haven't seen anything new come through in a good amount of time. I was searching through our stock room and found cases and cases from when the figures were released, so as far as TRU goes they might not be ordering much untill the invetory of what we have already goes down a bit. I was surprised at the amoutn of cases I found with figures with the inserted backgrounds.

Jaff
04-13-2003, 10:11 PM
just found the Boba Fett Wave and the Obi-Wan Acklay Arena assortment. The R2 figure was a joke, but the rest were fair. Passed on all but the Fett and Secret Ceremony Anakin. There out there, they are just hard to find.

Roufuss
04-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, since I've got to be at college at nine, I'm going to check not one, but TWO Targets every morning. One near my house at 8, the other at 11 near my college, on my break.

If they are out there, I'll find em.