PDA

View Full Version : New Chewbacca and Han Solo Carded Pictures

SirSteve
03-30-2003, 11:45 AM
We have added new packaged pictures of Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt) and Han Solo (Hoth Rescue).

Visit the homepage (http://www.sirstevesguide.com) for the news article.

sith_killer_99
03-30-2003, 12:04 PM
These things look great carded.

I noticed the Han is the blue coat version, any plans to put up pics of the brown coat?

I like the mask accessory and it's kinda cool to see Han with a lightsaber!!!

It looks like this may be the most articulated Chewie to date. I really like the Mynock, lightyears better than the Cinema Scene Mynock IMHO.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2003, 12:28 PM
These look great! But, I don't see Chewie's piece to make his bowcaster look more realistic, like in the original Hasbro shots (it was on the ground). The Mynock having a suction cup is sweet!

Beast
03-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Very nice, very nice. Nubian.

I doubt there are any pictures of the brown version carded yet, SK99. Since Hasbro said the blue would likely be available first with the brown shipping in the second waves. Infact the brown sample pictures we've seen, have been photoshop jobs, suggesting they didn't have the brown version ready for photography yet. What's odd, is that it looks brown in that one front picture, must be a bad picture. :)

Love the Chewie. He's lightyears beyond the short stack Chewie: Mynock. Glad they did him before doing a new Hoth Chewie. Wish the bowcaster was 100% movie accurate though. But I'm not going to fault the figure for that. Other then the 2002 25th Anniversary Sets, we've never gotten a really accurate bowcaster. I really wish the mask was completly removable, like we originally thought. He would have been another perfect general version of Chewie, if not for the mask straps molded on. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
03-30-2003, 02:09 PM
The Han looks much better in these pics than the earlier pics, maybe it's just me. Kinda strange to see him with a light saber, but that does go with the scene.

The chewie looks kinda cool, don't really like that bowcaster at all though.... Is the canister part of the mask molded on his ammo belt? Cant really tell from the pics, looks like it is though.

I was thinking of getting one & doing a head swap w/25th Chewie, but won't be able to if this is the case.

Beast
03-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
The chewie looks kinda cool, don't really like that bowcaster at all though.... Is the canister part of the mask molded on his ammo belt? Cant really tell from the pics, looks like it is though.
Nope, according to the latest pictures from Hasbro the mask section with the airtank is removable. But the straps have been molded onto his head. I would have been happier with a soft rubber head that the mask could have slipped over. But he's still a pretty good Chewie, though screen specific. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
03-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Thay do look cool. I can't wait to get them.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Well, they look GREAT to me!

I do wish the oxygen mask would come off on Chewie, but he still looks awesome!

At the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, toothpicks stuck in my eyes :eek: and my mouth being sewn shut :dead: I gotta say, I've been extremely happy :D with hasbro since the beginning of the POTJ line!

:cool:

DarthBrandon
03-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Well, they look GREAT to me!

I do wish the oxygen mask would come off on Chewie, but he still looks awesome!

At the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, toothpicks stuck in my eyes :eek: and my mouth being sewn shut :dead: I gotta say, I've been extremely happy :D with hasbro since the beginning of the POTJ line!

:cool:

Aw, I'm all choked up, but I have to agree with you D. Han looks great but I think I'm going to pass on chewie just because of the mask thing.:D I guess Han is another to add to the list eh D?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I guess Han is another to add to the list eh D?

Check! :D

and thanks for not sticking toothpicks in my eyes! I'm grateful :happy:

Amy
03-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Sweeet!!!!!! I never could get my hands on a Han with Taun Taun, and this Han looks like he would fit great on one(spead eagle hehe)

And with the new Hoth set coming out later with a Taun Taun, I'll be set:) I'll pass on that Chewie though. The cinema scene one does me fine:)

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 06:07 PM
hes good but, he has a plastic lightsaber what happin to the metal saber they where gona give him? that i'm alittle upset about.

LTBasker
03-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Chewie still looks eh, I wonder why the scopes were off the caster in the first place. Looks like they're removeable just so they can be knocked off and lost.

Han doesn't look too bad, though the head seems smaller than before, I dunno.

Anyways if anyone's wondering how the brown might look on card, I photoshopped the blue carded pics for how it might possibly look.

DarthBrandon
03-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Check! :D

and thanks for not sticking toothpicks in my eyes! I'm grateful :happy:

Now that would be no way to treat a S.W.C.:D LOL

Besides I'm saving my toothpicks for other things, like building a ship to cruise the galaxy. Only about Ten Trillion left to go and I'm finished.:D

sith_killer_99
03-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Anyways if anyone's wondering how the brown might look on card, I photoshopped the blue carded pics for how it might possibly look.

Cool, thanks.;)

Jerjerrod
03-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Cool figures. I like the Han with the mask on, it looks much better. I didn't know Chewie's strap was molded onto his head until now, that's not good. But hey, just keep the mask on.

TheDarthVader
03-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I will be getting both of these. Why hasbro why? Why keep making the chewy with the bandolier molded to his body? This is an accessory! It is not part of his body! Please make a decent one! Thanks :)

Prince Xizor
03-30-2003, 10:07 PM
I like the Chewie, but I already have the 25th anivers. one and the Saga one, so I doubt I will be getting this one.

As for Han, I guess I will be the first to say I don't really like it. I mean, its alright, but I just don't like it enough to buy it. Maybe if it came with some TaunTaun innards, I would buy it. :crazed:

AmanaMatt
03-31-2003, 01:17 AM
For some reason to me, Han's face seems a lot better than the original pics shown, which is a nice suprise.

Chewie is ok, we have had ones just as good, minus the molded strap, which makes no sense at all.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2003, 10:11 AM
I was going to say the same thing... from the pics they are showing now, it actually looks a bit like Harrison Ford in ESB! What a pleasant surprise! :happy:

Jargo
03-31-2003, 01:06 PM
The pics are all too grainy for me to see properly but I still remain unimpressed going on what I've seen up to now. The transluscent Mynock is a plus point but gets a negative point for being the wrong color of transluscent plastic. the wing membranes were flesh toned in the movie guys. Chewbacca just looks really odd all over so I won't be buying him after all. Han just disappoints so much. It is hard to put my finger on why but I'll settle on - because it's crappy. Hardly a valid argument but given the level of comments lately I think it fits nicely. Um, that and the fact that he comes without a Tauntaun would a second. Oh and then there's the small matter of the action feature, the fact that he has no stand for his legs akimbo stance so this one more fall down figure to add to the growing numbers. It just doesn't cut it as a figure for me so Hasbro are welcome to a return on me. I dunno, I just smell pegwarmers here.

aceguide
03-31-2003, 03:26 PM
From their first viewing I've liked thesse figs. Now that I've seen them carded I know what I will never see in a retail store...:mad:

Old Fossil
03-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Both of these will look great loose and carded! I will buy two of each, if I can find them.:)