PDA

View Full Version : Clone Trooper With Speeder Bike Help ?

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 02:11 PM
What I think has to be the #1 best deluxe toy ( voted by GH rebelscum,Yakface, Artoosnews and frankyly every star wars site on the web) There's one problem......... I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM IN ANY STORE! it's ****ing me off, I allways miss him they allways got the dumb anakin with fliping action and Geonosian but NEVER EVER have I seen a clone trooper with speeder bike, the only online retalers i've seen with clone trooper speeder bikes have sold out of him so whats the deal ?.

Are they gona continue to ship him ? I know i'm sounding like i'm complaning I am only becuase everything is to slow, and some swip them without thought of leaveing some for the other struggleing colector i am still searching like they say don't give up but now i'm begining to wonder.

vorronsalive
03-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, Paul-Kenobi, I don't want to tell you to have patience, because thats all I hear about the new 2003 saga figures and hearing someone tell me to have patience ticks me off. So, the only thing I can tell you is that if you're sick of waiting, you might have to give in to ebay and it may be your only way to get it. I live in southeastern wisconsin, and I will keep my eyes open for you, but it being this long and you still haven't found it yet, you may not and may have to turn to ebay.:(

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Well i'm not really Sick of waiting it just angers me i keep missing it all the time. the assorment wave it comes in has been in stores i go to its just not there. As for e bay

E Bay = Bad

I wouldnt go there even if my collecting life depended on it.

vorronsalive
03-30-2003, 03:07 PM
You know, you missing it may not always be the case. It is possible that an employee put out the rest of the case, but since the clone trooper is rarer, didn't put it out. I know of this situation happening, so it is very important to not just look on shelves but to also ask employees to look in back. Sometimes you'll get an honest answer, and sometimes you won't, but it is better to ask than to just assume that you were "too late". As for ebay........ I understand where you are coming from. I will go to great lengths to avoid ebay. It is a bad place and I feel the same way you do.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 03:28 PM
I never ask anyone who works at any store becuase they have no idea what your talking about i wish they had a collectors Department with someone who KNOWS what anyone is talking about.

vorronsalive
03-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Point well taken. I'll keep a look out for him though.

Kidhuman
03-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Dude fear not because you are not alone. I haven't seen one except on Ebay and on-line shops. Iam not gonna pay twenty dollars for it either. Remember patience, it is what keeps us going.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I will but i would like to find him before they stop shiping him then ill start kicking my self

Amy
03-30-2003, 04:50 PM
I've never had a problem finding him here. I really dont see anything great about it though. I cant get him to sit on his bike(and look good), so I just have him as a basic Clone Trooper with a VERY bad pose.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 04:54 PM
as vorronsalive so elagantly put it.

"Is it just me or is Amy the luckiest collector in the whole darn US of A"

where the hek do you live i need to raid your Wal Mart or target or where ever. ( if i could fly)

sith_killer_99
03-30-2003, 05:00 PM
I gotta agree with Amy on this, I was pretty desperate to find this thing for a while, then I found a few and, EH.

I did buy one MOMC and one to open, but it's really not that special. The Target Accessory sets were better IMHO.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 05:04 PM
The Resson why iwant him so bad is becuase he is awsome who wouldnt want him this was never seen in the flim plus he has a removeble armor and helmate thats awsome for dioramas.

plus i need this puppy for a dio i'm makeing.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

The Target Accessory sets were better IMHO.

Agreed!

I found the speeder bikes when a new walmart opened up, they had 3 on the peg if I remember correctly. I picked one up for a friend and left the other two behind. Saw them at another walmart a while after that too. But that was last year. Haven't seen them since!

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 05:13 PM
dang Florida never get's anything new! were allways the last to get anything!

Kidhuman
03-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I love speeder bikes, plus it has an unhelmeted clone trooper which makes it better. I want 2 of them, one to open and one MOC.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 05:24 PM
i just want one to open and play with and charish.

Darth Jax
03-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Sorry but as someone who has two opened, they're not that special. The clone is ruined by the throwing action, which makes it difficult for him to hold onto the controls. That's if you can get him to balance on the speeder. The speeder itself when riderless is over-balanced so that it will not stay up correctly. As an addicted collector i'm glad i have it, but buyer's remorse will set in shortly after you acquire yours. Don't give up hope though, i see them on the pegs from time to time.

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Ill keep searching but it's just when he stops shiping then i'm gona get frantic. Incase i don't find him.

Adam
03-31-2003, 12:52 AM
The one I actually found is great. The action feature ruins it of course, but it is a cool peice.

Amy
03-31-2003, 01:06 AM
I live in Oklahoma, but if you come still my toys I'll kill ya;)

mm74md
03-31-2003, 11:06 AM
In the Collectors Database there is a NOTE which says....

Notes: This is from a deleted scene. You'll be able to see the scene in the AOTC DVD.

Am I missing something? I never saw that deleted scene.

Dr Zoltar
03-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Paul-Kenobi,

Man, if only you had read my trading thread a month ago. I had an extra one of these for trade but no one wanted it. So I returned it to Wal-Mart to keep my CC balance happy. There was a 2 week period where they were showing up everywhere then *poof* they were gone. If I happen to come across another one, I'll pick it up for you.

mm74md
03-31-2003, 12:21 PM
Paul-Kenobi, check you PM. I am trading mine...

Paul-Kenobi
04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Amy you canot Kill the choision Son of Obi-Wan Kenobi.... plus i have a lightsaber and if you have one then i guess we will duel for them...and i guess i would win.....i hope.....

mm74md i sent a reply

Plus rummor had it it was but it wasnt becuase Lucas put the more crappy things that we didnt really need to know or see on there and left the cool stuff we wanted to see out

you can see a small clip of the clones on there bikes in it but its very breef

Sidiously Darth
04-02-2003, 10:50 PM
P-K, I live in Central FL and have seen them at several WM's at different times. Most of the time the bubbles were damaged but you sound like an opener.

I have to say they haven't exactly worked out the kinks with these speederbikes. How about getting rid of the springs and adding a clear base for it to sit on.

Paul-Kenobi
04-05-2003, 01:32 PM
i don't know how i keep missing them.

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Well I must say that the AOTC speeder is way better than the POTF2 one by a long shot. Way better detail!. I have 3 and gave one to MrJabbaJohn. I bought one for $16 at city walk in Hollywood and then I found one at Target, go figure. Then a friend traded me one. I used one for a custom Hoth speeder bike, one for the Gunship and one MOMC.

AdmiralPiett
04-06-2003, 05:14 PM
turbowars,
Did you actually fit the speeder into the gunship? Let me know because I can't fit the speeder's feet into the slots on the gunship.
Piett

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah Piett, the legs fit perfect, you just have to slide them in from the side.

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 07:35 PM
I've managed to get hold of three of the clone troopers and their rides. I am going to open 2, and the third is going to my "I must have one on it's card, because I just must". I saw one the other day, but left it, because I need to save my money for some of the newer stuuff coming out.