PDA

View Full Version : I want em!

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 09:01 PM
I wasn't alive when the Vintage figs were out, so I have only a few. I want the Imperial Shuttle so bad though! Boo hoo hoo!:(

GNT
08-18-2001, 12:32 AM
Who doesn't need that?

GNT™
''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi. Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 12:50 AM
I've wanted a vintage A-Wing since I first saw adds for it in the ROTJ toy catalogs, but it was just too hard to find.

About three months ago I pretty much became determined to get one so I called up Brians Toys and worked a trade. When I told the guy at the store all I had to trade was loose POTF2, Ep1 and POTJ figures I actually heard him groan. Nevertheless, I nickel and dimed the price down to $60!!

Now I am the proud owner of a Vintage A-Wing!!!:D :D :D

So if you want a Shuttle bad enough that you're willing to give up a substantial part of your collection then I say do it!

One warning, if you do make a sacrifice like this then it had better be for the best condition toy you can find even if it costs substantially more. The last thing you want is one poor condition toy and a ton of regrets.

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 01:54 AM
I've got one. Tee hee.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 03:24 AM
I have a painful story to relate about the vintage Shuttle. At work I have a friend who collected Star Wars just before the cancellation of the ROTJ line, so he had all the figures and vehicles and an Imperial Shuttle! He told me he still had it and when I expressed interest in buying it he said he'd call his brother to see about mailing it. I offered him $100, but he said he would feel guilty about taking that much and he only wanted $20!!:eek: Two days later when I asked about it again he told me that he had talked to his brother but he was too late. His brother had already thrown away all of their toys including the shuttle.:(

Now if you'll excuse me I must go sob into my pillow...

MisterPL
08-18-2001, 08:03 AM
I was alive when the Vintage line was new. Alive and happy to be able to pick up all the vehicles I wanted without them being "exclusives." I understand that if stores like Target didn't get these as exclusives, Hasbro would have to manufacture them and sell them through the fan club to the only consumers currently buying them anyway; collectors.

Now there's a thought.

evenflow
08-18-2001, 09:58 AM
I want many things too. I want the remaining POTF coins I need, Bib Fortuna, Leia Boussh, and the 63rd Up-Lifted saber. I want VLIX. I want a vinyl cape Jawa. I want a telescoping Ben and Vader. I want the Droids and Ewoks prototypes. I want alot.

I do have a Imperial Shuttle and an A-wing though. :) Sadly, I do not have a Sandcrawler and want one of those too.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 10:14 AM
My next goal is a perfect vintage Millenium Falcon. One that's complete. I'll probably have to buy one MISB just so I can rest assured that no one else's grubby paws have touched it but mine.
:D

My brother has a skiff, and I want one of those too.

humsup
08-18-2001, 10:06 PM
Oh man Bigbarada, so close!! yet so far :(

All I want for vintage is many Emperor Royal Guards and Biker Scouts.

I have 3 ROTJ Biker Scouts so far but no ERG. So hard to find these things nowadays :(

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 01:32 AM
POODOO!!!!! ARG ARG ARG! POODOO!!!!!!!!! Unlucky me! STUPID STUPID STUPID! oh yeah, it's only a toy. Well I probably will never get one...........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!: (

Griff
08-19-2001, 10:36 AM
If you want to spend a lot you can order one from Brian's Toys. Although it is worth the money.

bigbarada
08-19-2001, 03:25 PM
Brian's Toys is usually pretty good about trades, especially if you live overseas and can get ahold of stuff that doesn't ship to the U.S.

Hence, the $30 Optimus Primes I bought in Korea and sold to BT's for $250 each!:eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-19-2001, 04:40 PM
I have a memory of walking through a K-Mart that had a display of Imperial Shuttles, probably 6-8 of them. Don't recall the price; don't want to know. I don't regret not buying it because I know I couldn't have afforded it back then. Sigh...

My remaining wish list of Vintage stuff is:
Vinyl Jawa
Belly-open Tauntaun
Desert Sail Skiff Minirig
ROJ vinyl carry case

I fail to recall the others.

PloKoon2385
08-20-2001, 02:37 PM
I am 16, no job and my parents aren't rich snobs, so.......I can't pay that price for Brian's Toys! I wish I could find one at a garage sale or something. I did buy a vintage cloud car from my mom's friend for $5 a while ago. That was cool.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 03:41 PM
I just started collecting vintage stuff not too long ago and quickly realized it's a very expensive hobby. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and stumble across an old lady's garage sale who's selling all her son's vintage SW collection. (Yeah, and maybe Lucas will stop giving stupid names to prequel movies.)

Lobito
10-01-2001, 06:32 PM
Ahh the vintage line...i missed Jak Face, Anakin Skywalker and some ships and playsets...but i still find some interesting stuff in stores from time to time. (Last time was Hoth Han!!!:D )