PDA

View Full Version : Where can I order cases?

Amy
03-31-2003, 03:08 AM
Besides entertainmentearth.com(becuase I dont have a card, and need to pay by money order). I have a gut feeling the Jedi youngling wave will be tough as all get out to find, and its one I REALLY WANT.

Any ideas?:)

sith_killer_99
03-31-2003, 05:43 AM
Not to go pluging any sponsors, but I hear that the KEBco one of every figure club is top notch. Though I am not a member and I'm not sure what their payment methods are, still, it's worth looking into.

Though from the posts I've read, you shouldn't have any trouble finding figures. lol;)

dr_evazan22
03-31-2003, 02:47 PM
I think you can pay thru the mail w/ KEBco, check them out.

Also, check your local comic book stores. My local store has gotten a hold of cases for me in the past (12"). They charged me retail for the case, not some jacked up secondary price.

The only reason I'm not buying by the case now is b/c of the case pack though. I don't want dupes of pegwarmers that I already have. I think I got a case of POTJ figs from them too, which was cool since there were 3 of each four figs in the box, I just took the extras to TRU or WM and returned them.

Darth Jax
03-31-2003, 03:54 PM
you can order from EE with money orders. :cool: just contact their customer service department.

Amy
03-31-2003, 04:35 PM
ohhhhhhhh, you can???? Thanks Darth Jax! Yeah I might not even need to order this set since I work at wally world, but these 12 figures I just cant miss!:)

If I dont, I just know this summer I'll be telling myself "You could have them RIGHT NOW if only you ordered them ya *****). I aint takin nooooo chances.

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah EE takes MO's. Hey Amy, I thought you were going to buy everything from good old Brian?

Amy
04-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Yeah EE takes MO's. Hey Amy, I thought you were going to buy everything from good old Brian?

There new stuff, not a chance. My entire collection up to the saga line, you darn betcha. I just got my first order from the yesterday, and could not be happier.:D

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Are you going to post pictures of youre collection in the "Members collection" area? I love seeing pictures of other collectors collections.

Amy
04-02-2003, 12:13 AM
I dont think you understand, or I worded it wrong. I buy them up to the saga line, as in the saga line is where I stop. I buy figures from Brian for around $2-$5 each.

Amy
04-02-2003, 12:16 AM
bobafrett-This sounds strange, but I have not even been to the members collection yet lol. Sure, I'll show my VERY small collection tomarrow night:) I have only around 100 figures.

bobafrett
04-02-2003, 02:18 AM
Amy, you should stop by, there's an awesome variety of collections both big and small, old and young collectors. I don't have enough space to display pictures of my entire collection, so I put a variety of different SW collectibles. I enjoy seeing other peoples collections and seeing what they find important. Looking forward to seeing some of your collection too!

Amy
04-02-2003, 02:53 AM
Man there is some GREAT colllections there!! Yours is VERY nice Boba, very nicely displayed:) Yeah I'll post mine tomarrow. I'm a loose collector:)

As for my case, I went with Kebco:) I e-mailed them and sure enough as dr_evazan22 said, they take money orders:) I got the case with..

Lama Su
Padme wedding dress
Barriss
Aalya
Yoda with Chian
Ashla and Jempa
Wat Tambor
Coleman Trebor
Batlle Droid
Han Solo classic
Leia classic
Darth Maul classic

One of each in the case. Keeeewwl.:)

TheDarthVader
04-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I am just curious, how much was that case? (and how much was shipping) Thanks! :)

Amy
04-02-2003, 07:51 PM
I just added my pictures to the collections area:) I thought about also adding my X-Men,LOTR, and MOTU as well, but I'm not too sure since this IS a Star Wars site:)

TheDarthVader-$64.95 +$7.95:)

Amy
04-02-2003, 08:56 PM
As I said in picture OT1, all of my stuff is complete. I just did not take the time to stick them all in their little hands. Some rainy day I'm sure I'll post much better ones with weapons.

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Nice collection Amy. I have to free up some space on my Credit cards before I go ordering any more products online. In fact, I just got a e-mail from EE with new Star Wars in the subject line. I'm afraid to open it........To much temptation!

Amy
04-03-2003, 12:35 AM
LOL! Yeah I know what you mean. I REALLY should have never ordered that case, but next month all my money will have to go towards a trip(non pleasure, its for a wedding). So I felt I should get these figures now when I have the money, err, sorta.

Car payments suck, but I sure cant stop paying those aye? Bad thing is I also collect LOTR and MOTU.

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 12:52 AM
Darn Star Wars habit! I'm incurable, there is no saving me! My dad tried, see below..........

Amy
04-03-2003, 01:45 AM
LOL!! Thats a funny picture:D. My mother hated the fact I collected boys toys. Grr.

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Yeah, that letter was from 1981 or 1982 I think. I had to take an art class in high school. I took clay sculpting and I remember my dad telling me "Don't make any Star Wars sculptures". My second sculpture was Luke and TaunTaun. I would imagine he would hate to see me now. I have two Star Wars tattoo's, a apartment full of SW toys, and I dress up as a Stormtrooper. The way I look at it, everyone is their own being, and has their own likes and hobbys. Although, if I had saved the money, instead of buying all the toy's then I'd probably own a house by now, then again I'd have nothing to put in it!

Jaff
04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Amy call Yestertoys and ask for Tom. He runs the place. Tom is very knowlegable about release dates and case arrivals, and answers questions quick enough so your phone bill doesn't go up. Just web search Yestertoys.

Jaff
04-04-2003, 12:15 AM
A word to the wise though. It's very possible that the younglings packs will come out in droves, so I'd wait at least two weeks to watch for availability before commiting to buy a case. With the slim pickings of new stuff out there most of the stuff being released around April and May should be dominating the shelves during early summer.

Amy
04-04-2003, 12:25 AM
You really think so? I dont know why, but I just had a feeling that they would be extremly hard to get ahold of at retail. Even those new Mace windus sold out the same day they where put out.

Amy
04-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Jaff, are you done getting your face outta her butt??? I was kidding. Lighten up. All of you puhleaseeeee!!!!

Uh...WHAT???:confused:

Jaff
04-04-2003, 12:44 AM
JediBrian your obsession with a certain area of the body makes me either assume that you have a vivid immagination, or a questionable lifestyle. Why don't you just focus on Star Wars Topics (after all you are on a Star Wars site) and get over your angst.

When you kid someone pose it as a joke. It will be stomached by target audiences better.

Amy
04-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Lets please try to stay on topic.

Jaff
04-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Amy if you were collecting during the POTJ time a year and a half ago there was a figure assortment with Duros in it that was considered to be the hot commodity at the time. When it first came out it was hot, a few weeks later it was overstock, you can still see it in stores today. The same thing happened to slave Leia in 1997. She was immpossible to find during her first few weeks of release, but then she was ridiculously common. Most rare assortments will consist of the last wave of a certain packaged collection, because less are made to make room for new packaging. For example:
1999 - Aunt Beru Wave
2000 - TC-14 wave, Swimming Jar Jar wave
2002 - BoShek wave

Another considering element to shopping for rarities of the figures is what are the sales like. Are the shelves clear for new product in your area, what is the manager like at the store. Unfortunately right now we are stuck with crap on the shelves in stores. With so many folks aggrivated over poses and action features, and with the Saga line disappointment we are in a slight lag of sales where the Star Wars line is concerned. The stores have new cases in their backroom, but they might not be NEW to us. They are probably Yoda/battle droids rather than Boba Fett and R2. If they have backstock they will not reorder. So if your stores shelves are empty for over two weeks talk to the manager to see what he/she is like. If they seemed interested in what you have to say then something will get done. If the manager isn't just bypass him. Call the corporate office and ask why you can't find the product you need in their store. Voice concern saying stuff like: "I just don't want to go to other stores" and such stuff. The DM will get a report of this call and will make something happen so that his customer service listing is not negative, because that will effect a both a manager and a District Managers review.

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:08 AM
The Slave leia was always easy to get here, and I found her about a month before Toyfare(my only source then) said she woud be out. Although the Aunt Beru wave, as well as the TC14 wave never, and I mean never seen shelf time here.

I think finding my Slave leia was my most enjoyable find ever. I had a friend with me(who hates it when I drag her into the toys) that started to question my sanity because thats how excited I gote lol. Found Bespin Han that day as well.

Jaff
04-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Sometimes your lucky, sometimes your not.

The rule of thumb is to case your shopping places. Know when the trucks come in. Know when they stock, and get their first before the scalpers come. Toys R Us usually has trucks in on Tuesdays and Thursdays, thus during that day stopping in at 11 a.m or 2 p.m are fair times. Wal-Mart has daily trucks depending on buisness times, and they stock after around midnight to avoid traffic problems with folks tripping over pallets. Badly run Wal-Marts have pallets laying around constantly. Hunting on Weekends is luck of the draw, that is unless the manager of that store is product manager is familiar with the toy stock in the store. Usually they will get extra cases of toys for weekends. And guess what, bad managers won't. Figure out what your manager of your store is like, and then approach him as a LOYAL customer rather than an aggrivated one, then go to the customer line (not the DM). I am a DM of 12 retail stores. If a customer called me complaining about not finding something in their store I would appologize and shake my head that the manager did not handle that situation. Then I would go to the manager and say I got a phone call from a disgruntled customer about this product, why wasn't it handled. I pay them to take care of their store and customers and remind them of that. Then that manager, if he remembered you might take it personally and order old stuff saying something like: I got more Star Wars figures!
However if you called the consumer line the DM would get an e-mail of complaint or concern. All must be approached with a follow up action report. Like: Customer complained about broken floor tile - Called facilities repair crew in on this date. They must do it in writting. Complaining about stock issues will have an order request number. So if you say your shelves never have figs the action would be made order on this date. In the end your calling the customer line in a positive way will make the DM and the Store Manager look like they are responding to company and consumer needs. Those that don't are quickly consumed and fired for incompetence because that in the end damages the company's bottom line.