PDA

View Full Version : possible spoiler from my own idea-Kenobi

TheDarthVader
03-31-2003, 11:54 AM
Kenobi seems to be a jedi that is highly respected. Just like Count Dooku says,"Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem." For his dedication and facing two...count them...two sith lords and killing one, why not put Kenobi on the Jedi Council? We know that at least Coleman Trebor will be replaced. Once on the council, he would know of Anakin's love to Padme and dismiss him from the Jedi order. Then, the clone war would get bad and kenobi would come to tatooine to see if anakin would help the republic by fighting in the clone war (star fighter pilot). (A New Hope)--Kenobi, "Your uncle thought that he should have stayed here and not gotten involved." "He was the best fighter pilot in the galaxy." So Anakin leaves with Kenobi not knowing that padme is pregnant. From there, everything heats up, and you know what happens after that. Vader time. Thoughts??? ;)

DarthChuckMc
03-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Good idea actually. I like it.

Only one issue. After Ani's speech about hating the sand, and loving Naboo, do you think he would go back there.

As Luke once said, "There's nothing here for me now."

He doesn't have much of a reason to return there, unless Padme's family shuns her for the marriage, which seems unlikely.

If we can think of a GOOD reason for him to return to Tatooine, I think it would work well.

In theory of course.

The Overlord Returns
03-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Well...main problem is...the clone wars end at the beginning of the film....

There has to be some other crusade that Kenobi gets anakin involved in....

And anakin could easily be on tatooine for Owen and berus wedding.

TheDarthVader
03-31-2003, 03:01 PM
Good idea! Owen and Beru's wedding. That would work well. hehe! I feel like we could be on to something here.... :)

The Overlord Returns
03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Well it makes sense. If he and Padme (pregnant) arrive for the wedding, it's a nice happy occasion and all that.

Kenobi shows up because of some crisis that he needs anakins help with ........

Owen dissaproves of ani leaving his pregnant wife behind and putting his life in danger, he feels he should stay there and not get involved......

DarthChuckMc
03-31-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Well...main problem is...the clone wars end at the beginning of the film....

Is that fact, or fictshone?

3 years and the Republic wipes out all the Seperatists? Seems too short.
But with Palpy....sorry Sidious pulling the strings, all of the Banking Clan's funds could be froze, communication cut off, etc....
Sounds eeriely familiar:eek:

Sorry.

I think Owen and Beru's wedding is a little weak, no offense.
Anakin didn't act real intersted in his "new" family. He seemed to resent them a bit for not saving Shmi. Maybe he'll come to terms with them and things will be different, but I think he'll stay away from there unless he's desperate.

A new theory. Obi-wan kills Dooku!!!
I'll explain in a moment.

First up:
The attempts on Padme's life continue, and Anakin takes her there to hide her, since Coruscant and Naboo would be too dangerous. Anakin leaves her with the Lars' to join Obi-wan on some damn fool idealistic crusade,....the crusade being to destroy Palpatine/ Emperor after he reveals himself.

Now the new theory.
While attempting to kill the Emperor, Anakin turns on Obi-wan due to something the Emperor says (Obi-wan never told you, Dooku was your FATHER!) Once again, making Obi-wan look like a liar. Anakin freaks, attacks Obi-wan, and his transformation to the Darkside is complete.

The Overlord Returns
03-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Sounds eeriely familiar:eek:

Sorry.

Yep. the eerie familiarness has been brought up by me on another thread....touchy stuff ;)

I think Owen and Beru's wedding is a little weak, no offense.
Anakin didn't act real intersted in his "new" family. He seemed to resent them a bit for not saving Shmi. Maybe he'll come to terms with them and things will be different, but I think he'll stay away from there unless he's desperate.

I see your point. However, when you have a wife with child who feels family bonds are important....she might "persuade" you to attend your brother in laws wedding......Padme seemed to get along quite well with the Lars clan.......problem solved.

Jedi Clint
03-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Obi Wan has to go get Anakin in E3? Why? As this is the spoilers section the clone wars will end at the beginning of E3 according to G.L. Anakin already followed Obi Wan to Geonosis in AOTC and engaged in the first battle of the clone wars. Anakin isn't going back to Tatooine.

PoggleTheGreater
03-31-2003, 06:45 PM
"Your uncle thought that he should have stayed here and not gotten involved." That statement may not mean Anakin actually went back to tatooine to live with the Lars. Maybe it means "He should have stayed here" from "a certain point of view."

mini-rock
03-31-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Anakin already followed Obi Wan to Geonosis in AOTC and engaged in the first battle of the clone wars. Anakin isn't going back to Tatooine.

Exactly :D. I posting the same thing awhile back, but forget where. Anyway, yeah R2 comes up beeping and 3-PO says he is carrying a message from an Obi-Wan Kenobi. That's all Owen hears and next thing Anakin and Padme are flying off. I think it could be possible for Owen to express his feelings to Obi-Wan when Obi drops off Luke.

BTW, Great thread TDV.:)

TheDarthVader
03-31-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks mini-rock. I really believe that Obi-Wan will be on the council. This would make him the 2nd knight ever to be on the council...along with Ki-Adi Mundi, who was a knight in ep1 and a master by ep2.

scruffziller
04-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Yea he does become a General after all.

Anakin2121
04-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Aside from Ki-Adi Mundi, who eventually attained Masterhood, you have to be a Master to sit on the Council, and Obi-Wan will never get to be a Jedi Master since he never successfully trains a Padawan.. :(

mini-rock
04-01-2003, 03:09 PM
I dunno. I think it is possible for Obi-Wan to be on the council if it even still exists by the time we get to EP3.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Does Anakin have to take a Padawan in order for Obi-wan to be promoted to Master?
In 3 years, Anakin will be 21. By then his training should be done right?

The Overlord Returns
04-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Well...I assume that Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in ep 3.....afterall, doesn't Ben say in ANH "I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father"??

Ok, you don't have to take the line literally, I mean this is Ben Kenobi: Filthy Liar we are talking about here, but I assumed that he would be upgraded sometime during the clone wars for his heroics in battle.

joe-da
04-01-2003, 08:36 PM
In Episode I, Anakin dreams of freeing the slaves on Tatooine. Could this bring him back to the planet?

and....

The Overlord Returns wrote: "Well...I assume that Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in ep 3.....afterall, doesn't Ben say in ANH "I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father"?? Ok, you don't have to take the line literally, I mean this is Ben Kenobi"

Taken literally, Anakin would be a CLONE of Obi-Wan.

(Hey,,, he could be an altered clone. Anakin did say of Kenobi "He's like my father."...... hmmmmmm):D

mini-rock
04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Well...I assume that Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in ep 3.....afterall, doesn't Ben say in ANH "I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father"??

Ok, you don't have to take the line literally, I mean this is Ben Kenobi: Filthy Liar we are talking about here, but I assumed that he would be upgraded sometime during the clone wars for his heroics in battle.

Obi-Wan doesn't have to stay a Jedi Knight in order for that line to work I think. He can still move on to Master, as long as Anakin achieves the level of Jedi Knight. Then they both would have been Jedi Knights If we took that line literally ;).

Then there's the whole "When I left you I was but a learner, now I'am the master" line. Which would mean Anakin is still Obi-Wan's apprentice in EP3.

I wonder though how many of these questions will be answered in the Clone Wars Cartoon?

:)

stillakid
04-02-2003, 01:14 PM

Please list all examples from the 5 produced films which illustrate the ways which show how Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi was a "Filthy Liar." As part of the answer, explain in essay form the reasons why Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi "lied" in all the numerous examples from the five produced films.

Part II of the quiz:
Please list all of the examples from the five films which illustrate when and where Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi displayed exemplary qualities befitting a Jedi and a honest citizen of the Republic.

Part III of the quiz:
Compare and contrast the many many numerous examples of when Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi acted out as a "Filthy Liar" in the five films with the clearly contradictory examples of when he displayed his good qualities. Be sure to explain how his clear personality failings when he told lies over and over and over again throughout the saga qualify him for the adjective of "Filthy" when coupled with the epithet "liar."

Check your spelling and put your pencils down when finished. Thank you. :)

The Overlord Returns
04-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Please list all examples from the 5 produced films which illustrate the ways which show how Ben "Obi Wan" Kenobi was a "Filthy Liar."

You should know me well enough by now to know that "Ben Kenobi: Filthy Liar" is just my little pet name for him ;)

CooLJoE
04-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, I guess I should throw in my thoughts for EP3. This is what I've heard from a good friend who had the chance to see "a good source of material" for the movie (eg; supposedly got to see drafts and a basic outline for all 3 movies).

What he told me of EP2 (which was a couple basic parts) came true. About how Anakin's mom was killed and married to a Cleig Lars (who is father of Owen Lars, who later marries Beru). He told me the idea of them standing around the body being burned (creamated), but was atleast right about the death and who she was married to and such. He also told me about parts of the whol Anakin/Padme relationship development. And a couple other things.

What he told me of EP3 was this...

1) Clone Wars would be over or atleast finishing up at the beginning.

2) Palpatine/Sidious would get even more close with Anakin eventually manipulating him to get him over to the darkside which includes...

3) Palpatine will convince Anakin that Obiwon has feelings for Padme and/or that he is trying to steal her from Anakin. Which becomes a "last straw" for Anakin who decides to fight Obiwon.

4) Anakin won't be defeated, but will be badly hurt causing him to partially change into his Darth Vader look.

5) Alot of Jedi will be killed off. This will be somewhat handled near the end if shown at all. I'm guessing it will show some scenes.

6) The 2 kids (Luke and Leia) will be shown in infancy on tatooine. Although I'm thinking that Leia won't stay there and will be shown being taken to a new place.

Thats what I heard. Seems very much likely to happen.

OC47150
04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Here's an idea... Because of the Clone Wars, the Jedi Council as we've seen it in Ep. 1 and 2 no longer exists. The Jedi's number have greatly diminished since the war started, and the number of Jedi on the council reduced to, say, a half-dozen. Obi-Wan, because of his heroics during the war, could be given a seat on the new council.

Unkle Mike
04-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Okay -- here's what we actually know, as confirmed by Lucas or referenced in the other movies:

1) All of the jedi will die by the end of the movie except Obiwan, Yoda, Anakin/Vader, and Sidious. No other force users exist by ANH.

2) Palpatine is drawing Anakin ever closer and has gained his total trust by AotC.

3) The novelization of RotJ and James Earl Jones have said that there will be a serious lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obiwan, resulting in Anakin's plummet into a pit of molten metal. This is why he needs the life-support system of the Vader suit.

4) Padme gets knocked up. Unfortunately, this will probably happen off camera.

5) Anakin/Vader knows about the pregnancy, since he is not shocked to discover (nor is the Emporer) that "the son of Skywalker" poses a danger to the Empire.

Unkle Mike
04-21-2003, 12:40 AM
Something I theorize will happen -- okay, a few things I think might happen are:

1) Sidious will turn Anakin against Obiwan, and it will be something about Padme that pushes him over the edge.

2) Yoda and Obiwan will take Padme to Dagobah for the delivery of the twins. Note when Luke says, "There's something familiar about this place..." Yoda will stay there while Obiwan delivers the children to their new homes.

3) Mace Windu will sacrifice himself to secure the escape of Yoda, Obiwan, and Padme for their flight to Dagobah. Why? Because he's the cat that gets his man 10 times out of 10.

4) When Mace dies, he will go out like a chump. Just like Darth Maul. Just like Jango. Just like Boba. Need I go on?

5)It will probably work out that Boba Fett kills Mace Windu in retaliation for Jango. Mace's cloak will somehow wind up being turned into Boba's cape, too. Lucas is good a cornball stuff like that.

6) More so than Bail Organa, it will be C-3PO and R2-D2 who are responsible for Leia's safety. Okay, just R2. 3PO may be a bit too prissy.

What do you folks think?

OC47150
04-21-2003, 08:19 AM
Good points, Unkle Mike, but I will disagree with you on the Boba Fett angle. Boba's only going to be 12 or so in Ep. 3. I can see Mace being taken down by someone like Dooku.

stillakid
04-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Unkle Mike
5) Anakin/Vader knows about the pregnancy, since he is not shocked to discover (nor is the Emporer) that "the son of Skywalker" poses a danger to the Empire.

Not necessarily true. We KNOW from Kenobi's own statements that the twins were hidden from the Emperor and Vader to protect them. Thus, the bad guys DIDN'T know about "the son of Skywalker" until sometime after the first Death Star was destroyed. Undoubtedly, we can theorize that word came down through the grapevine about who actually pulled the trigger. Unless "Skywalker" is a common name, like Jones, it wouldn't be too difficult for Vader and Palpatine to torture a few more people and figure out exactly what happened (the pregnancy, where the babies were hidden, etc.)

No, what will most likely occur will be that Anakin will be sent out on a mission by Palpatine to kill Dooku. Just before leaving, we will SEE Anakin and Padme begin a love-making session. Of course it'll dissolve out to some wide shot of the exterior of whatever abode they are in with the moon rising (how romantic :rolleyes: ).

The next thing that will most likely happen (in this storyline) is that Palpatine will arrange things so that it appears to Anakin as if Obi and Padme have something going on. Anakin gets p.o.'d, they fight, Anakin looks to the audience as if he has died. Obi heads off, with Anakin's lightsaber (to be stored until Episode IV), and finds Padme. Yoda is already with her and the fate of the children has already been decided. Bail Organa takes Leia, Obi takes Luke to Tatooine (for no good reason anymore :rolleyes: ) and Lucas tosses in some idiotic gratuitous shots of Anakin/Vader and probably a half completed Death Star because he can't write for shiiite.:(

Darkross
04-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Anakin won't set foot on Tatooine in Episode III...since during the filming of Episode II...GL only filmed one (count them 1) scene for Episode III and it wasn't the wedding scene or Obi-Wan coming to get Anakin...but the scene where Obi-Wan drops off baby Luke to Owen and Beru. Sorry to disappoint you. He stated on the Episode II DVD that he won't be returning to Tunisia for Episode III.

chewbacca71
04-24-2003, 09:33 AM
The training of Anakin won't be complete in three years. They usually start training jedi as infants and they go through training for many years. Obi Wan himself was probably late twenties and still a Padawan in EP1, who himself only became a knight after his master was killed.

Granted, we are talking about the "one" with Anakin. Being the balance and all. But I still don't think that the council would think he was a knight with so little training.

DarthChuckMc
04-24-2003, 11:13 AM
I seemed to me that Obi-wan didn't even know Leia was Luke's twin In TESB, Obi-wan says, "That boy was our last hope.", then Yoda pipes up with "No..there is another." This leads me to believe that even Obi-wan was left in the dark about the twins, until Yoda brought it up, fearing that Luke might not make it back.
Keeping Leia secret was just an added insurance policy for Yoda, in case Luke followed Anakin's path.

stillakid
04-24-2003, 11:57 PM
I seemed to me that Obi-wan didn't even know Leia was Luke's twin In TESB, Obi-wan says, "That boy was our last hope.", then Yoda pipes up with "No..there is another." This leads me to believe that even Obi-wan was left in the dark about the twins, until Yoda brought it up, fearing that Luke might not make it back.
Keeping Leia secret was just an added insurance policy for Yoda, in case Luke followed Anakin's path.

Very good point. I concur. That is why my own "predictions" for Episode III show Obi Wan, returning to Naboo fresh from his fight with Anakin, seeing a departing entourage with Bail Organa in the lead. They are taking away something unrecognizable as he passes them. Then Obi Wan continues into the palace (or whatever) to find a fatigued Padme with Yoda at her side. He tells her about the fight. Their gazes turn toward the SINGLE baby in the cradle next to them as the Organa ships depart into the blood red sunset. Roll credits.

No Tatooine. No gratuitous shots of post-battle Anakin/Vader. The audience never sees Leia. Never sees or hears what will be done with the baby. In fact, the audience never hears the name of the lone baby.

Doing it this way would preserve absolutely every "surprise" in the OT, except the Yoda-reveal.

Alas, George won't do it the right way.

AndyW
05-05-2003, 04:31 AM
stillakid, I hadn't thought about the suprise element of Leia being Lukes sister up until you mentioned it, nice one. I hope Lucas at least attempts to handle it in an interesting way. Heres hoping.

On a couple of points:

I'd always thought after seeing Ep2 that Mace would be taken by Dooku, then Anakin takes Dooku (so then Darth can replaced him at the emporers side later on), then Sidious twists his mind into turning against the order and to eventually fight Obi Wan.

As someone stated, all we are likely to see of the delightfull desert planet is Obi Wan handing over Luke to the Lars and then dissapearing into the wastelands.

I am still facinated by exactly what Lucas will do with Padme, I would have said that the only logical thing that can happen with her at the end is to die, Leia said she died when she was very young, and it bothers me that what happens to her would be left at the end of Ep3 to happen sometime before ANH that you don't see. Anyone else got thoughts, my reason for leaving that out would be the depression factor, I'd personally put it in, but I suspect Lucas might shy away from making it THAT dark. Though he should imho.

Sorry, got off track there, this was about Obi Wan :D