PDA

View Full Version : What bands have you seen in concert?

Patient Zero
03-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Just curious if people are all that into going to concerts that much any more. I use to go all the time, but not that much in the past few years. It just seems to be to much of a hastle. Anyway here are some of the major bands that I have seen. I won't bother to list all of the opening or local bands as I could never remember them all.

The Cure x9
Duran Duran x2
VNV Nation x2
Icon of Coil
The Cranes
Covenant
And One
Sisters of Mercy
The Wake
Echo & the Bunnymen
Christian Death
Tom Jones
Corpus Delecti
Das Ich
Rosetta Stone
Razed In Black
London After Midnight
Switchblade Symphony
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Xymox
Sunshine Blind
Dinosaur Jr.
My Bloody Valentine
Danzig
Peter Murphy
Bauhaus
Marylin Manson
The Misfits
The Damned
Sepultura
Apoptygma Berzerk

And believe it or not one of my first concerts was Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax and Alice in Chains on the Clash of the Titans tour. Now that was a whole different life ago.
:dead:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-31-2003, 12:42 PM
Cool thread. Although I've not been to many myself, I will definitely enjoy seeing what concerts others here have gone to!

Cocteau Twins (3 times - my favorite :) )
Depeche Mode
Massive Attack
Dee - Lite
Tito Peunte (one of the best ever!)
Anne Lennox
The B-52's
Sweet Honey in the Rock
Sandra Bernhard (it's sorta music and comedy together in one act :) )

That's all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah, the Beach Boys twice

bobafrett
03-31-2003, 12:51 PM
My list is rather short compared to yours The Ghost of Jonna. Here is that short list

Pearl Jam
Rush x 5
The Eagles
Fleetwood Mac
Def Leppard
ZZ Top
INXS/Cheap Trick
Bon Jovi
Journey/Foreigner
Toto with only one of the original
band members, but it was free!

The Horde (sp?) fest w/ Beck,
Neil Young, Toad the wet Sprocket,
and others

The World Series of rock w/ Great White
Bad English, Hurricane Alice, Skid Row,
and Whitesnake

Some B96 summer bash w/ Savage Garden
but I don't remember the rest of the groups,
because I was there with my ex-girlfriend, and
it was totally messed up, not the concert, but
being at a show with my ex, whom I was still in
love with.

Dr Zoltar
03-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Wow The Ghost of Jonna,

You're really showing your age...heh. I remember when Xymox used to be Clan of Xymox. I am envious that you were able to see Sisters of Mercy live.

Just last Sunday I was able to see Erasure here in Seattle. One of the best live concerts I've ever been to. They sound live exactly as they sound on their CD's.

Patient Zero
03-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
Wow The Ghost of Jonna,

You're really showing your age...heh. I remember when Xymox used to be Clan of Xymox. I am envious that you were able to see Sisters of Mercy live.

Just last Sunday I was able to see Erasure here in Seattle. One of the best live concerts I've ever been to. They sound live exactly as they sound on their CD's.

One of my friends saw them (Erasure) in NY a few weeks ago and said the same thing. Sisters of Mercy were not that great live but perhaps it was just that the sound was horrible when I saw them at Roseland in NY. They did do a decent cover of Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd though.:D

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Man I saw alot when I went to the Tibetan Freedom Show

U2
Radiohead
Alanis Morrisette
Pearl Jam
REM
Beastie Boys
Boss Tones
Biz Markie
and m,any others there that I can not remember

Not at Tibet Show:

Pearl Jam
STP
Lynard Skynard
ZZ Top
Nine Inch Nails-2
John Fogerty
Marilyn Manson(opened for 9" nails)

I had tickets to see Live 3 times and never went because something always came up. That is the one band I really want to see in concert.

EDIT: I also saw MTV club tour back in 1990(I admit it.)Bel Biv Devoe, Color me Badd, C&C Music factory. Egads what was I thinking. I also saw Smashing Pumpkins and Life of Agony

DarthChuckMc
03-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Whitesnake
Great White
Bon Jovi 2x
Ted Nuggent
LA Guns
Warrant 2x
Blue Murder
Stage Dolls
Queensryche 2x
Suicidal Tendancies
Metallica 4x
Van Halen
Scorpions
Dokken
Testament 3x
Fates Warning 3x
Wrathchild America
Sanctuary 2x
Danzig
Vicious Rumors (got to open for them :D )
Saigon Kick
Skidrow 2x
Alice Cooper
Von Ra
Judas Priest
Megadeth 3x
Pantera
Motley Crue 2x
Iron Maiden 2x
Shadows Fall
Mushroomhead
DEATH 3x

and a crap load of Death Metal bands I can't remember the names of.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2003, 02:19 PM
Dave Matthews Band (9, no more!)
Smashing Pumpkins- 3
Zwan- 2
Sigur Ros- 2
Counting Crows- 2
Beck- 1
pearl Jam-1
Radiohead- 1
Barenaked Ladies- 5
Phish- 2
Weezer-2
Jimmy Eat World
Tenacious D
U2
Green Day

Also got tickets to see Pearl Jam and David gray this summer...gonna attempt for Phish's 3 days in IN and then when Radiohead FINALLY announces their tour, i'm there for a few shows! :D

El Chuxter
03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Jinkies! I'm a real lightweight by comparison! :eek:

(All are X1 unless otherwise stated.)
Soul Asylum
The Screaming Trees
Spin Doctors
Aerosmith
4 Non Blondes
Def Leppard
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Willie Nelson
Ray Charles
Kenny Wayne Shepherd (not a full show, but he did a surprise walk-on at the Willie/Ray show, and he's an awesome guitarist so I count him anyway :D)
BB King
Buddy Guy
Tommy Casto
John Hiatt and the Goners
Three Dog Night
Blood, Sweat, & Tears
Taryn Donath
The Rockin' Reverend Billy C Wirtz (X4)
Everything
The Gibb Droll Band
And--though I'll deny it if you bring it up again--my Mom bought me tickets for New Kids on the Block years ago as a surprise, and was very upset when I told her I couldn't stand them. So I got dragged along anyway. Disturbing experience. :(

QLD
03-31-2003, 03:20 PM
No Doubt (weezer opened for them)
Van Halen (Alice in Chains Opened for them)
Go Go's (INXS opened for them)
Paula Abdul (Color Me Badd :rolleyes: opened for her)
Elton John
Arrested Development
3 Dog Night
Manheim Steamroller
Montell Jordan
Harry Connick Jr.

Exhaust Port
03-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Let's see if I can remember...

Metallica x5
Pantera x5
White Zombie x2
Rush x4
Black Sabbath x3 (w/ Ozzy, Dio & Tony Martin)
Sepultura
Soulfly
Ramstein
Mushroomhead
Megadeth
Corrosion of Conformity
Soundgarden
Ramones
KMFDM
Mr. Big
Pink Floyd
Page & Plant
Type O Negative

stillakid
03-31-2003, 03:29 PM
Boston (Third Stage tour)
Fleetwood Mac (Tango in the Night Tour)
Stevie Nicks with Peter Frampton
Huey Lewis and the News
REM
Pink Floyd (Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour)
Stevie Ray Vaughn with Stray Cats
Billy Joel

And during the course of my work, I've had the opportunities to hear up close and personal Andrew Lloyd Weber, Tony Bennett, Diana Krall, Glenn Campbell and Living Colour amongst others.

Darth Jax
03-31-2003, 04:26 PM
the only concerts i've been to i deem remembering involved metallica. the other bands come and go and blur together, but metallica remains.

Rogue II
03-31-2003, 05:23 PM
The Moody Blues:rolleyes:
Page & Plant
Rush
Collective Soul
Candlebox
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Fleetwood Mac/REO Speedwagon/Pat Benatar:rolleyes:
Eagles
Doobie Brothers/Steve Miller
Garth Brooks
Pink Floyd

These don't really count as concerts, but...
I saw Alan Jackson perform at the Pentagon for Good Morning America
The guy from Spandu Ballet came on the UK version of the USO tour while I was in Kuwait.(I passed)

And while I was in Korea:
Carlos Santana's brother performed on the 4th of July
Quiet Riot played at the NCO club
(yes, only the highest quality performers for the troops);)

DarthBrandon
03-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
The Hip
Kim Mitchel
Headpins
Joe Walsh
Foreigner (Sp)
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Van Halen
Guns & Roses
Faith No More
Kiss
Faster *****cat
Great White
Haywire
Neil Young
Moist
Alice Cooper
Motley Crue
Blue Rodeo
Trooper

Darth Sidious
03-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Now I'M a lightweight: I haven't been to a concert yet! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2003, 07:38 PM
Wait, i forgot..my first concert ever was:

Jodeci
Boyz II Men
Hammer

lol the "2 legit 2 quit" tour, i think it was like 93!! That was a rockin' good time!! :D

plasticfetish
03-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Generally big shows freak me out so I avoid, but ...

Journey (w/ Bryan Adams) <-- bonding with my parents.
Crosby Stills and Nash <-- bonding with my parents.
The Pretenders
Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
A Flock of Seagulls (opening for ...)
The Thompson Twins
Joe Jackson
The Specials
Bad Manners
PIL
The Cramps (a few times)
The Reverend Horton Heat
El Vez
Kraftwerk <-- This may have been the last big show for me.

... and a billion little shows plus a few great sound checks when I was working on this "variety" show a few years back.

Patient Zero
03-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
The Cramps (a few times)

Damn, now I'm surprised. The Cramps!?! I haven't listened to them in years. They're the kind of band that you like even though they are really crass and musically attrocious. It is like if you took Devo, fed them mass amounts of heroin and then locked them in a basement for several years. Teenage Goo Goo Muck rocks! :D

Jedi Clint
03-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Bikini Girls with Machine Guns

I think Chux would LOVE their version of Shombolar!

Fulit
03-31-2003, 09:07 PM
Little Rock doesn't attract that many good acts, go figure :rolleyes:

But the ones that have been through here in the past 12 years or so that I deemed worthy to see were:

Ozzy's "no more tours" show:rolleyes: w/ Alice in Chains in 93. and Motorhead too. :D Ozzy threw some water on us. I was worried he'd peed in it.

Foo Fighters w/ Red Hot Chili Peppers

Metallica when they did that Black Album tour or whatever.

Ah, the butt-rock years! Warrant, Trixter, and Firehouse, no less. Don't know how I got dragged to that one.

And here's the one to remember: My mom made me go with my stepsisters to New Kids On The Block. Whoa oh oh oh oh, Whoa oh oh oh.....The Right Stuff! Safe to say they weren't one of the worthy I previously mentioned. Hell on Earth.

:dead:

The 'Xir
03-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Ummm hhhmmmm, how about I save evryone some time and just say I've been to every concert that everyone has talked about except for most of Jonna! No, can't do that but I wont put them into a list just to save some room!
Here goes:
First concert was either Bryan Adams4x, Loverboy2x, or The Jacksons; then: Duran Duran, David Lee Roth, Poison5x, ZZTop, Warrant, Bullet Boys, Slaughter2x, Black Crowes2x, Firehouse,Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Smokin' Joe Bonamassa, Genisis, Guns N Roses, Metallica3x, Pearl Jam2x, Soundgarden2x, Ice Cube, Red Hot Chillipeppers2x, Elton John2x, Greatful Dead, Sting, Candlebox, Sheryl Crow, Blues Traveler, Collective Soul, Live, Robert Plant2x, Plant/Page3x, Rusted Root5x, Aerosmith2x, PinkFloyd2x, Rolling Stones2x, Van Halen(sammy), Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Sarah Mclachlan3x, Los Blancos, Rosevelt Dean, NIN, Ozzy Osbourne, Smashmouth, Better Than Ezra, Cracker, Cranberries, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, White Trash, Heather Nova, Ruby, Cornershop, STP3x, Oasis, Buckwheat Zydeco, Lucky 7, Lisa Loeb, Radiohead2x, Billy Joel2x, Def Leppard4x, Tool, and everone I might not have mentioned above that played at Woodstock '94(you know the worst part? The one band I really wanted to see, whos' performance I missed at WS'94 was Green Day) I still get mad just thinking about that! Grrrrrrrrr!
And a few more that I either can't remember or that were the opening acts to any of the above!

Emperor Howdy
04-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Wow.....great thread!....I don't know if I can remember them all!

Robert Plant, Page/Plant, The Firm, Soundgarden 5 or 6x, Chris Cornell 2x, Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Ozzy 3x, Black Sabbath (ozzfest reunion), Black Crowes, Metallica 4 or 5x, Slayer 4x, Megadeth 2x, Antrax, Motorhead, Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, Pantera, Yngwie Malmsteen, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Stone Temple Pilots, C.O.C., Suicidal Tendencies, Queensryche 2x, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden 4x, DIO 3x, KISS, Paul McCartney, U2, Accept, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Blue Oyster Cult, Helix, Keel, Roughcut.....ummm.....Executioner (before they were Obituary).....hmmmm....who am I forgetting?.....ah, The Who, Creed, Matchbox 20 (please...before you beat me to death...let me explain how it happened), Soulfly, Overkill, Jackyl :p

Can't think of anymore right now...... :zzz:

2-1B
04-01-2003, 02:40 AM
Aerosmith x 12
Ozzy Osbourne / Black Sabbath x 7
Kiss x 4
John Mellencamp x 4
Alice Cooper x 3
George Carlin x 2
Rob Zombie x 2
Jimmy Fallon
Bruce Springsteen
Warrant
Firehouse
Weird Al Yankovic
The Bodeans
Mercyful Fate x 2
AC/DC
Slash's Snakepit
Poison x 2
Cinderella x 2
Faster *****cat
Dokken
Motley Crue
Megadeth x 2
Anthrax
Pantera x 3
Soulfly
Morbid Angel
Ted Nugent x 2
Skid Row x 2
Kid Rock :rolleyes: x 2
RUN-D.M.C. x 2
Fuel x 2
Seven Mary Three x 3
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Jackyl
Marilyn Manson :rolleyes: x 2
Coal Chamber :rolleyes: x 2
Filter
Prong
Black Label Society
P.O.D.
System of a Down x 2
The Wallflowers
Alice Peacock x 2
The Donnas x 2
Godsmack
Static-X
Fear Factory x 2

I saved every ticket stub over the years, so I have a decent record of my concerts . . . of course, there are several opening acts I can't recall (and some I wish I could forget :D ) and with shows like Ozzfest and MetalFest, I can only remember a certain amount right now. Still, that's a pretty accurate list.

Rock on Howdy, I like the :p you put behind Jackyl. "I'm a lumberjacker bay-bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

plasticfetish
04-01-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Yngwie Malmsteen
OK. That's hardcore.

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Damn, now I'm surprised. The Cramps!?!
Well, they do live here in LA ... in Glendale I think. They drag themselves out once in a while for the odd New Years or Halloween show. Your "locked them in a basement" joke is quite funny because to my knowledge they tend to hide out at home a lot watching old horror movies.

As for Devo ... I've had friends see various members at places like the grocery store, etc. (Hard to imagine Mark Mothersbaugh shopping for corn flakes ... well, maybe not.)

aceguide
04-01-2003, 08:04 AM
Beach Boys (4th of July thing with Parents like 10 years in a row...)
Bob Dylan
Grateful Dead (40+)
JGB (20+)
Santana (5+)
Phish
Widespread Panic (4)
Smiling Assassins
Jimmy Cliff
Bob Jovi
G&R
Lots of Reggae
Burning Spear
Yellow Man
Toots
Alpha Blondie

Memory fading....;)

2-1B
04-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Is your memory fading due to all of the experiences at FORTY PLUS :eek: Dead shows ? ? ? :D

Does JGB = J. Geils Band ? :confused:

:crazed:

aceguide
04-02-2003, 08:06 AM
HAHAHAHHA!

Quite possibly.

JGB = Jerry Garcia Band

scruffziller
04-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Index Case-(I used to work with the lead singer)
Slipknot
Hed pe
Slipknot
Sepultura
Sevendust
Nashville P****
Famous
Slayer
Static X
Powerman 5000
DC Talk x2
Audio Adreniline
Degarmo & Key
Mudvayne
Vanilla Ice
35 inch Mudder
Run DMC
Young and the Restless
Weird Al Yankovic

bobafett07728
04-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Not that much of a concert attender, but I have seen these:

RunDMC
The Roots
OutKast
Nas (what a horrible show)
Usher

good shot jansen
04-02-2003, 11:25 AM
1st concert i was ever at was jefferson airplane, it was a free show at the central park bandshell in nyc spring 1967:eek: i was seven, and bike riding with dad through the park. we stopped and enjoyed the whole show

1st show i paid to see was yes at madison square garden, 1972 the close to the edge tour

two weeks later it was the stones at the garden for the exile on mainstreet tour. of all the stones shows i have seen through the years, this was the most satisfying, all subsequent rolling stones tours, felt like they were more of a parody of what the stone once were. worst stones show i ever saw, was 1977 at the old jfk stadium in philly for the some girls tour. it rained the entire show, mick spent the show hiding behind his guitar (like i really go to a stone's show for jaggers guitar mastery:rolleyes: ), and they only played for about an hour...no encore....a total rip off

bowie as ziggy stardust with the spiders from mars also played the garden in 72, bowie in all his short lived glam glory!

1973 was a great year for shows, my favorite as i recall was mott the hoople with queen opening up for em at the uris theater, june of 73. excellent show

elton john at the academy of music (later to become the palladium), he was showcasing don't shoot me i'm only the piano player and goodbye yellow brick road at that time. he did a 20 or so minute rendition of burn down the mission, which is still one of my favorite concert moments of all time! the only other time i saw elton was in 74 on the caribou tour, great show as well, but not quite as good as the 73 show, mainly cause he had dropped burn down the mission from his rep by then :(

pink floyd also played the academy of music in the fall of 73 doing dark side of the moon start to finish, as an encore one of the songs they did was see emily play, the only time i ever saw floyd perform a syd barret tune. (caught them in 75 as well on the wish you were here tour, after doing all of wyh, they came back and did all of darkside as an encore) cuaght them as well in 79 at the la forum perfoming the wall, drove 18 hours straight from olympia washington, got to the show about 10 minutes before it started, then turned right around afterwards, and drove the 18 hours back to oly.....whew!

other standout shows of 73 was the allman brothers at watkins glen, a big outdoor affair, duane of course had already passed on, but barry oakly was still on base.

the kinks performing preservation at the academy, a very fun show, i also caught them the following year at the beacon theater performing soap opera. last time i saw the kinks was back at the beacon theater in 89', the magic by then had been long gone :(

in the fall of 73, caught a bunch of shows at a place in roslyn long island, called my fathers place, saw billy joel there on his street life sernade tour, caught him again in 75 at the westchester priemier theater on the turnstiles tour, bruce springsteen again at my fathers place, this was his the wild and innocence e-street shuffle tour. great version of rosalita! my 1st introduction to what would several years later consume my life, punk music was also had at my fathers place in the form of the new york dolls. some friends of mine had seen them at max's kansas city, and dragged my butt out to li to catch them there.....wow!

73 was definately a great year for shows

74 saw lou reed for the 1st of many times at the the academy, with steve hunter on guitar, a very different sound for lou's tunes, that's fer dayum sure. through the years, i've prolly seen lou reed more than anyone else, have never been disapointed by lou! :) favorite lou show would be a toss up between the street hassle tour in 78 at the bottom line in nyc, or the 88 beacon theater new york tour. both shows were amazing.

saw the who this year at madison square garden doing quadrophenia, lynyrd skynyrd opened up. i only saw kieth moon twice, this show, and the show in 76 for the who by numbers tour. unfortunately, in 76, moon had collapsed on stage two nights before the garden show in boston, and when they played the garden, it was a very shortened show, and moon had these enormous fans surrounding him, blowing cold air on him throughout the show. the fans obscured his view. not a good show at all. caught the who several more times down the road, in 79 at the garden for their comeback show featuring kenny jones on drums for the 1st time, and then a few years later in 82 at shea stadium, where david johannsen and the clash opend up for em.

speakin' of the clash, the only other time i saw them was at bonds dico in new york in 79. great show.

later on in 74 i caught stevie wonder at the garden with bob marley as the opening act. amazing night of music.

by 75, i was finding myself down at either cbgb's or max's kansas city quite a bit, punk had taken hold, and most nights there would be a triple billings featuring the likes of the ramones, televsion, richard hell and the voidoids, talking heads, patti smith, the vibrators, nervous wrecks, blondie and such. a great time to be a tennager in nyc!

i could go on and on, but i have to get back to work, so this is where it will have to end for now.

one last note,

the last big arena show i ever saw, was neil young and crazy horse in 91 at the garden, sonic youth opened up for em, through the years i had seen niel a few times, sometimes you got a good show (rust never sleeps tour 78), sometime ya got a crummy show (stills young in central park 76), but that tour in 91 was amazing, also was the loudest #$%^&*&^%$ show i ever been too! :)

and the last show i've seen was almost 10 years ago, bryan ferry at the sunrise musical theater in fort lauderdale. with kids and such, plus the average cost of shows these days, doesn't make concert going a top prioirtiy of mine.

plasticfetish
04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
OK. You win. Game over.

The 'Xir
04-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Damn GSJ!!! I thought I was old! ;) Even though my show list wouldn't indicate it! I guess I was a late bloomer to the concert going crowd atleast for my time! Oh and GSJ, isn't Syd Barrets stuff with PF just awesome! Insane people always turn out the best stuff! :D

sith_killer_99
04-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Well, I can't compete with GSJ, but I have seen:

Pink Floyd (1994 Division Bell Tour)
George T.good and the Destroyers
Queensrych
Ozzy (no more tears tour)
Metallica (the Black Album tour)
Aerosmith
Suicidal Tendencies
Mega Death

and a few, less than memorable, not so noteworthy concerts.
;)

Rogue II
04-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I was thinking...

I actually saw Pink Floyd twice on the Division Bell tour. The first time we saw them was while they were rehearsing. Floyd was practicing at Norton AFB (now San Bernadino Airport). It was just before the base closed, but all the planes were gone. Anyway, they set up in an unused hangar. They let a bunch of military guys come watch. It was pretty cool.

Later, we went to see them in San Diego

notafinga
04-02-2003, 09:55 PM
(Sung to Guyute by Phish, of course)

I have seen the following shows live:

Rush (1x)

The Grateful Dead (1X)

Ani DiFranco (1X)

Public Enemy, Digital Underground, Heavy D, Kid 'N' Play...
they were all on one ticket...

Bel Biv Devoe (1X Smoothed out on the R&B tip with a pop feel appeal...to it.)

Phish (a bunch) best live shows i've seen

Cheap Trick (hometown guys, my mom dated the basist in High School)

The Roots with Cody Chestnut (1X)

Alice Cooper (1x)

...And I don't know if this counts, but the bassist from Survivor played at my buddies wedding...it was an eye of the tiger moment in time...

pretty pathetic list, somehow i always hear about the great shows coming through about three days after they did...:(

Eternal Padawan
04-02-2003, 10:39 PM
WHAT?!?!? Nobody's seen LOVERBOY in concert?!?! :rolleyes: Oh yeah...me. But I was like 10 at the time and my sister got free tickets from a roadie who hit on her while she waitressing and she took me along. It was the "Lovin' Every Minute of it Tour"... :rolleyes:

Then there was the time my mom took me to see Kenny Loggins at the county fairgrounds in the mid 80's!

I went to Janet Jackson in '93 with my boss, his wife, and my girlfriend at the time, but she and I got into a fight and spent a majority of the concert out in the lobby fighting.

I also caught a Van Hagar concert in '94.

My last concert was Jon Michael Montgomery (when I was in my country music phase) back in '95.

Not to mention quite a few summer fair concerts with Aretha Franklin and the Charlie Daniels band. :rolleyes:

I just don't dig live music all that much. Too loud. Too many people. Too much standing. Too much alcohol. Live concerts do nothing for me.

bobafrett
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
That's what I love about Live music, it is loud, there are lots of people, and theirs alcohol! The only thing that I don't like is the price of a concert t-shirt, so I just quit buying them. Funny thing was, though my early high school years, when my dad was listening to Ted Nugent and Boston, I would tell him to turn it down, and that it was to loud. I was basically a talk radio person. Then a friend had me listen to Tom Sawyer by Rush, and I was hooked. Rush was the first major concert I went to, and I won the tickets from a Chicago radio station. Now I love going to concerts ,when I can afford to take the day off and go!

Sentinel18725
04-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Wow....this is going to take some time....

REM green tour
Violent "Fins"
Lalopalooza 2, 3, 4
Alice in Chains
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Henry Rollins
Helmet, Sausage
Freddy Jones Band
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Peter Gabriel (up tour)
STP
U2
Pearl Jam (3times)

sith_killer_99
04-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Ooops, I almost forgot, the Man in Black, Johnny Cash at the Colorado State Fair in like, 1987-8?!?! I was only like 13-14 years old.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Olivia Newton-John (x 2)
Matchbox Twenty
Duran Duran (x 5)
Huey Lewis & The News (x 3)
The Police
Sting (x 5)
Rick Astley
Everything But The Girl
Swing Out Sister
Barenaked Ladies (x 3)
Go-Go's
Laura Branigan
Donna Summer
Clint Black
Amy Grant
Gloria Estefan
NIN (x2)
Marilyn Manson
Madonna (x 3)
The Waifs
Milla (Jovovich)
Celine Dion
Dave Brubeck (x 2)
David Sanborn
George Michael
Cyndi Lauper
Tina Turner (x2)
Van Halen
Sammy Hagar
Depeche Mode
Culture Club (x 2) (with Human League & Howard Jones x 1)
Sade
Republica
Garbage (x 2)
Fleetwood Mac
Rick Springfield
k.d. lang
Corey Hart
Anita Baker
Luther Vandross
Janet Jackson (x 3)
Paula Abdul
Erasure
Talking Heads
Samantha Fox
Hall & Oates
Dead or Alive
Lita Ford
Pet Shop Boys
Jesus Jones
Pantera
Peter, Paul & Mary
The Four Seasons
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Nick Heyward

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 01:02 PM
That's quite a variety these Jedipartnr. But Olivia Newton-John (x 2), I mean she's good looking and all, but ..............

Patient Zero
04-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
That's quite a variety these Jedipartnr. But Olivia Newton-John (x 2), I mean she's good looking and all, but ..............

I was more disturbed by Samantha Fox.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey... don't ever knock a person's musical tastes. Music is a really personal statement and, apparently, if you connected with something the artist sang or whatever and it affected you and is a part of you. Hopefully you don't like music or an artist just because they are "cool" or it's what everybody else likes... :cool:

Not getting on a soapbox here as I've taken my lumps for the people I like to listen to... :rolleyes: but just for future reference. This is something I learnt VERY quickly when I was working for a music store back in the 80s...

Still... I LOVE Olivia and got a chance to meet her last summer. Very sweet lady. As for Sam Fox... I may be g-a-y, but I still like a good looking girlie with a great rack! :)

QLD
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Xanadu.......Xaaaaannnaaaaddduuuuuuoooooouuuuuuuuu .......

You know....one of the first records I ever got was an Olivia Newton John Record. In fact, I think she may have been one of the first girls to give me that "funny" feeling. :crazed:

oh....I almost forgot.....

......IN MY PANTS!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-03-2003, 05:33 PM
JediPartner, your list ROCKS!!!

Damn, I wouldn't have minded seeing almost all of those on that list of yours. HOpe you saved your ticket stubs as mementos! :D

And I LOVE ONJ!

Did you see the movie Xanadu? Loved IT!

The 'Xir
04-04-2003, 12:33 AM
HEY ETERNAL PADAWAN...

Go Back and look at my original list!!!

All I have to say is...Turn Me Loose! Yeah Baby!

EricRG
04-04-2003, 12:35 AM
I saved all MY stubs:

Phish (51X - will see them 3X this summer - yes, call me Phishhead. If I had to rate all the shows I've seen, Phish would probably have at least 1/2 of the top 50, and would likely have 5-6 of the top 10. They're that damn good.)
Stereolab (3X)
Catherine Wheel
Belly
Rush
Yoko Ono w/ Thurston Moore (don't ask)
Ani Difranco (4X)
Violent Femmes
The Illuminati
Throwing Muses
Yes(4X)
Dark Star Orchestra
Trey Anastasio (3X - once with the Vermont Youth Orchestra)
Smashing Pumpkins(3X)
Swervedriver (4X)
Soundgarden (2X)
Beastie Boys
the Breeders
Tribe Called Quest
Ice Cube
Ice T/Body Count
Monster Magnet (3X)
NIN
Ministry
George Clinton
Nick Cave & Bad Seeds
Red Hot Chili Peppers (X2)
Pearl Jam (2X)
Jesus and Mary Chain
Butthole Surfers
Rollins Band
Lush
Metallica (2X)
Queensryche
the Verve (2X)
Iron Maiden(3X)
Jane's Addiction (3X - and one more this summer)
Anthrax (2X)
Public Enemy
Primus
Fugazi
Alice Donut(X2)
Mudhoney
Grateful Dead
Poison (2X)
Bon Jovi (2X)
Cinderella
De La Soul
Brand Nubian
Leaders of the New School
MC Hammer
Vanilla Ice
Motley Crue
Whitesnake
Mighty Mighty Bosstones (2X)
Bob Dylan(5X)
Phil Lesh
Gorilla Biscuits
Supertouch
Worlds Collide
Merauder
Sonic Youth
the Boredoms
Spin Doctors
Ozzy
White Zombie
Santana
The Cult (2X)
Dangerous Toys
Skid Row
Bad Company
Rusted Root
Toad the Wet Sproket
Lita Ford
the Ramones
Yngwie J. Malmsteen (2X)

And the very first concert I saw...Triumph with White Lion. I've also seen MANY bands play at small clubs, etc. Next show, Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven double bill! Whew.

JEDIpartner
04-04-2003, 08:30 AM
I saved all of my stubs as well...

"Xanadu" is, while one of the worst musicals every written, one of my favourite guilty pleasures. It is, in my opinion, not so much a movie as it is a great music video! The songs are great... ELO is always awesome... and the effects are amazing for their time and Olivia is PERFECT! :kiss: :happy:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I saved all of my stubs as well...

"Xanadu" It is, in my opinion, not so much a movie as it is a great music video!

Good call on that JP! Longer and better too than Michael Jackson's thriller (booo hissss)

:)

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-04-2003, 11:06 PM
only 1

Blue Man Group in Vegas

bobafrett
04-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Does Blue Man Group count as a concert? I thought it was more like a play. But then again, I've yet to see it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-05-2003, 08:34 AM
They do more music that improv... well I dunno has anyone else seen them?

figrin bran
04-06-2003, 01:25 AM
radiohead x 3
pj harvey x 2
sigur ros x 2
tori amos x 2
sonic youth
sleater kinney
wilco
low
the white stripes
belle and sebastian
garbage
the sundays
and some more but i can't remember right now

Tonysmo
04-06-2003, 04:51 AM
I think we should discuss Oliva in a new thread.. ahhhhhh... I soooo remember that fold out album cover.. dreamy.. still...

ok, Im better...

my 1st concert..

Dokken opening up for Judas Priest ( turbo lover tour )

from there, it gets all mixed up...

John Couger Mellencamp (x2 ) AWESOME
Def Leppard ( x3 ) - dont ask me why.. twice would have been enough..
Motley Crue
Meat Loaf GREAT CONCERT ( at least I think.. I wasnt sober )
Tesla - my all time favorite band..
Eric Clapton - AWESOME
Rick Emmitt (free concert, also GREAT!) (lead singer from Triumph)
Henry Lee Summer
Joan Jett
80's hair band tour to inc..
Cinderella
Dokken
Poison and a few others..

the best one, GARTH BROOKS.. back when he was just Garth Brooks.. he opened for the JUDDS.. had third row seats, orcestra pit.. Wynonna threw her guitar pick at me.. by far one of the best concerts Ive attended...

The last concert I got to enjoy with my son.. Rascal Flatts.. great concert

Im sure there are others Ive forgotten, and with that, you can all assume they just sucked..

ok.. back to Oliva!!

fyi - there are MANY concerts Id love to go see..

plasticfetish
04-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by figrin bran
the white stripes

Was it at Spaceland a while ago? ('Cause I was there.)

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 02:45 PM
I just remembered I also saw King Crimson in 2001.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Newfound Glory
James Brown
Coldplay
Sev

JediTricks
04-07-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm not a big fan of live music, I don't love crowds and I prefer polish to energy most of the time. That said, here are the acts I've seen live:

- Dick Dale
- Weird Al
- Guns n Roses (opening for...)
- Rolling Stones

That's all I can think of right now, but I get the nagging feeling I've seen more.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'm not a big fan of live music, I don't love crowds and I prefer polish to energy most of the time. That said, here are the acts I've seen live:

- Dick Dale
- Weird Al
- Guns n Roses (opening for...)
- Rolling Stones

That's all I can think of right now, but I get the nagging feeling I've seen more.

Dick Dale ROCKS! Not only is he a guitar sensation but his music is world renowned(sp?) on "this" ride called Space Mountain at Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth :) I love that piece! Not to mention the rest of his music!

Dialogus
04-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Here we go:

Maiden (7x, very first show back in '84 -World SlaveryTour-)
The Musical box (Genesis's GABRIEL PERIOD:evil: tribute, 6x)
Peter Gabriel (2x)
Steve Hackett
Jethro Tull (2x)
Yes (2x)
Pink Floyd
Rush (3x)
Page / Plant
Black Sabbath (Dio as vocalist)
Ozzy (2x)
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Kiss (2x)
Queensrÿche
Plume Latraverse (5x)
Paul Piché (2x)
Richard Séguin
Michel Rivard
Jean Leloup (2x)
Primus (2x)
Mr. Bungle (They Rules!!)
Big Sugar
The Tea Party (2x)
Iced Earth
In Flames
System of a Down
Dream Theater
Figrin D'an & the Modal Nodes

And of course the stage diving years!

D.R.I. (Still intense...)
S.O.D.
Dead Kennedy's
Bérurier Noir
Day-Glow Abortion
SNFU
Soothsayer
Suicidal Tendencies
Voivod (2x)
Slayer
Exodus
Wasted Youth
Anthrax (2x)
Testament
Metallica (3x, 2 hell with 'em after Justice:mad: !)
Megadeth (2x, 2 hell with 'em after Coutdown:mad: !)
and a couple more...:dead:

bobafrett
04-09-2003, 02:01 AM
I probably shouldn't mention this here, but I went and saw Barry Manilow in concert about a year or so ago. My girlfriend at that time was a big Barry Manilow fan, so I bought her a pair of tickets to his show. In return, she bought me a "Got Barry" t-shirt, which works, because I'm Barry too!

Dialogus
04-09-2003, 02:36 AM
...can The Ghost of Jonna be in reality the Ghost of New Wave:D :D ?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-09-2003, 02:07 PM
Although I didn't go to this concert, I have to mention it as I would have LOVED to be there...Cher's last live permance that was broadcast last night, had I been there in real life, I would have to say that would have been the best concert I'd ever been to!

CHER ROCKS!

Kidhuman
04-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Wasn't that her fifth farewell show or something like it?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Wasn't that her fifth farewell show or something like it?

no no no - LOL That's Barbara Streisand (YUCKA) I don't even like typing her name out with my keyboard

B. S. Now appearing for the last time, for the very last time...for the very, very last time, no really for the last time. :crazed:

2-1B
04-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Although I didn't go to this concert, I have to mention it as I would have LOVED to be there...Cher's last live permance that was broadcast last night, had I been there in real life, I would have to say that would have been the best concert I'd ever been to!

CHER ROCKS!

Did you see her lifetime achievement award (presented by Steven Tyler) at the Billboard Awards in December ?
She wore one of her craziest costumes and announced that she couldn't decide which Cher to be that night. :D
She also had some flavorful words for her longtime critics. ;)

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
no no no - LOL That's Barbara Streisand (YUCKA) I don't even like typing her name out with my keyboard

Dare I recall the "Rose Petals in the Toilet" thread ? ? ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

kool-aid killer
04-10-2003, 06:35 AM
An older lady that i work with is going to a Cher concert (well it already might have happened or its coming up) and she was telling me how she waited overnight and got some pretty good tickets and was going to sell them on ebay and is hoping to get close to a thousand for them. I never thought people would pay that much to see her. But her concert did look kind of cool.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Did you see her lifetime achievement award (presented by Steven Tyler) at the Billboard Awards in December ?
She wore one of her craziest costumes and announced that she couldn't decide which Cher to be that night. :D
She also had some flavorful words for her longtime critics. ;)

No, I missed that :( I bet that was great, especially her flavorful words :D Woohoo Go Cher!

Originally posted by Caesar
Dare I recall the "Rose Petals in the Toilet" thread ? ? ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;)

Wow, good memory Caesar, Impressive, MOST Impressive! hehe

I completely forgot about that thread. Now I really can't stand typing that name with my keyboard for sure! :) :crazed:

Rogue II
04-10-2003, 12:02 PM
A few years ago, my boss' mother and her friends bought tickets to a concert. I think they were all in their mid to late 60s. They thought they were going to see Glen Miller. Instead, they saw Steve Miller. They didn't stay very long. Aparently they read their tickets wrong.

And, I do have a little less respect for bobafrett knowing that he went to a Barry Manilow concert.:crazed:;)

bobafrett
04-10-2003, 03:04 PM
I went with my girlfriend, well now, former girlfriend. Don't I at least get some respect points for that Rouge II? :D

figrin bran
04-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
Was it at Spaceland a while ago? ('Cause I was there.)

no, not spaceland but the el rey last year.

Lobito
04-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Although i LOVE music, i'm not a big fan of attending concerts...anyway...

Def Leppard
U2
Billy Joel
Poison
Maná
Fobia
Mecano

hmmm...i guess thats it.:eek:

RussUAE
04-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Spice Girls
Kylie Minogue
Mariah Carey
Mel C
Robbie Williams
Oasis
Ronan Keating

I note I seem to bbe the only one with this type of music taste! (Mostly British Acts too, so prob unheard of to most of you guys!)

aharry
04-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Let me see if I can recall everything, or better yet, let me try and find my ticket stubs:
Alien Sex Fiend - 3x
Allman Brothers
Bad Brains
Bauhaus
Blink 182 - before MTV thank you
Blues Traveler - 2x
Body Count
Butthole Surfers
Cake
Christain Death
The Cult
Dinosaur JR
Echo and the Bunnymen
Faith No More
Flesh for Lulu
Front 242
G Love and Special Sauce - 2x
Government Mule
Grateful Dead - 17x - my hippie phase
Gwar - 4x - my kill everything phase, followed the hippie phase
Reverend Horton Heat
Ice-T
Iggy Pop
Billy Idol - my first concert
Jane's Addiction - 4x
Jesus and Mary Chain
Less Than Jake - 2x
Love and Rockets - 3x
Lush
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Ministry - 4x
My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult - 2x
New Order
Nine Inch Nails - 3x
Nitzer Ebb
Parliament Funkadelic
Phish - 2x
Pigface - the tour with Genesis from Psychic TV
Pop Will Eat Itself
Primus
Psychedelic Furs
Public Enemy
Rage Against the Machine
The Radiators
Red Hot Chili Peppers - 2x
REM
Revolting Cocks - 3x
Henry Rollins
Skatenigs - 2x
Skinny Puppy - 2x
Smashing Pumpkins
Soundgarden
Sugarcubes
Suicidal Tendencies
Tad
The The
U2
Violent Femmes
Widespread Panic
X-Cops
Clan of Xymox/Xymox

Music Festivals:
first 4 Lolapaloozas
last 2 Warped Tours
some music fest in Gainesville Florida, I forgot the name but I think it was an annual event.
Anyway, a couple of the shows from the list were actual participants in these festivals and anyone I forgot to mention from these shows, I saw them as well. I just can't remember them all.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-25-2003, 12:18 AM
I've only been to a handful of concerts in my lifetime.

Billy Joel
Elton John

Then Billy & Elton together in March of this year

Beach Boys
Franki Valli & The Four Seasons

The last two were quite by accident. You paid for a Buffalo Bisons AAA Baseball ticket and you got to see the show. I was only about 10-11 at the time and stayed because of my parents.

I have passed up a lot of great concerts lately, especially for someone like me who's music tastes have changed over the past two years. A local Oldies station in Buffalo has been bringing in some wayback acts as of late, the Turtles, the Association, Martha and the Vandellas, The Four Tops & The Temptations together, the Classics IV, the Buckinghams, Grass Roots, and a couple more that I have been meaning to go. Granted a lot of the acts contain one or two original members (the rest are probably dead) but they do put on great shows (I heard the Four Tops & Temps rocked).

In addition, I had tickets to go see Rush back in 97' but could not make it because of work obligations, I had a few friends renege on their offers to go to a Bob Dylan concert last summer, and I have been offered to have my ticket paid for by my brother, if I go to see Pearl Jam with him (they come very soon) but have since declined.

DewMan37
05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Haven't seen any groups in concert, the only one I have any desire to see is Rammstein, they kick *** live, and they have nice pyro too...

keith koth
05-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Depeche Mode
Beastie Boys
Smashing Pumpkins
George Clinton
A Tribe Called Quest
Green Day
Pat Benatar
Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
Metallica
Snoop Dogg
Steve Miller Band
Jimmy Buffet
Pantera
Weezer
Van Halen (w/ David Lee Roth circa 1984)
Guns N Roses
Ozzy
Limp Biskit

Many others that I can honestly say I have no recollection of. :(

Trip J
05-02-2003, 08:20 AM
In no particular order:

John Mellencamp (x4)
Neil Young
KISS
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
"Weird" Al Yankovic (x2)
Smashing Pumpkins (x2)
The Dead Milkmen (best $5 I ever spent)
Paul Westerberg (sadly I never got to see the Replacements though)
REM
Willie Nelson
The Lemonheads
Sonic Youth
Cypress Hill
U2
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Metallica & Guns-n-Roses
Big Audio Dynamite

scruffziller
05-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr