PDA

View Full Version : Ephant Mon at Last!

tgr3328
03-31-2003, 01:51 PM
At last, I finally found an Ephant Mon and in the local Walmart that never has anything! I was beggining to believe he didn't exist.

This was the first time I had ever seen any indication that they had gotten this case assortment in this store. They still had the clean-shaven Endor Rebel Soldier, Massif, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Teemto Pagalies, Watto, Lott Dod, and the Tusken Raider with Massif.

I just got Ephant, but I was wondering if any of these others were particularly hard to find. I almost got the rebel soldier, but he's really just a Gillette version of the other and the tusken is the Desert Sniper version with a massif instead of a rifle, so I passed on him as well. I have the others.

Anyway, I finally got the rascal. He's going to look great on top my desk!

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 02:26 PM
I have never seen the clean shaven soldier or Ephant at retail but the rest I already have. I think I missed them when they get stocked out on the shelves.

Old Fossil
03-31-2003, 03:10 PM
I just got back from a trip to the Houston area. Of course, I hit several of the Wal-Marts and Targets both there and on the road through Louisiana. All the above figures you mentioned were on the pegs, with the exception of Ephant -- though I found two at the WM in Katy, Texas. A couple of the Wal-Marts had the Library Droids, Obi-Wan (Acklay), the new Tyranus, Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper reissues, Eeth Koth, and Teebo; one Wal-Mart, somewhere in south Louisiana, had the new Padme. Most WM's had plenty of Clone Pilots and the Yoda/Destroyer Droid wave.
Target, on the other hand, had very little to offer -- mainly Lott Dodd, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Teemto Pagalies.

Sadly, there were NO deluxe Clone Troopers to be seen anywhere.

There seemed to be plenty of clean-shaven Endor rebel soldiers in most Wal-Marts I visited.:)

tgr3328
03-31-2003, 03:20 PM
The local Walmart, which has had very little since the initial wave in April, has suddenly had some of the newer figures, though they seem to only get one case at a time. The out of town stores (Target, KayBee, Walmarts, TRU) where I have been able to find most of my figures have been rather barren since Christmas.

Darth Jax
03-31-2003, 04:56 PM
found 6 ephants at the local WM today (Colorado). since i've had mine for months left them for others to pick over.

Amy
03-31-2003, 05:32 PM
WOW CONGRATS tgr3328!!!:D I have yet to find one, but thanks to a fellow board member(which in his spare time works as a saint) I shall get mine at last as well!:p

All hail Ephant!

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Ephant Mon is the coolest fig. Thanks to a fellow board member we switched comics for Ephant. I was happy when I got it. I want one more to open up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2003, 12:24 AM
The Ephant Mon is cunning!! He walks here and there they say, as an old man, cloaked in white....and everywhere he slips past our nets.

I was so giddy when i found him back in November. Congrats on your find! :D

Sentinel18725
04-01-2003, 09:32 AM
My friend, best lady friend anyone could ever have, bought me it as a V-Day present. When I was back in STL, the Target in Edwardsville had 4 of them. I just couldn't bring myself to buying them for sale. I hope four lucky people found them.

mrmiller
04-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Lucky you- still none for me :(

I have started seeing some of the newer figures showing up, but keep missing out on the Mon.

=MATT=