PDA

View Full Version : Toybiz's 12" Marvel Studios Line

Darth Cruel
03-31-2003, 06:10 PM
I saw the Blade II and Daredevil (from the movie) on Saturday at Frank-n-Scalper's. They just might be the best 12" line ever done. One of them has 30 points of articulation (I can't remember which one) and the sculpts are unbelievable. Even the display box they come in is so awesome that I wouldn't even need to remove the figure. But you can and it can be resealed without affecting the value of the boxed figure as the whole thing is plastic so the tape can be removed without damaging the package. I shall own them all (but I won't buy from F-n-S).

Prince Xizor
04-01-2003, 12:30 AM
I bought the Daredevil for $30 from Walmart, and you better get it, no matter how far out of your way you have to go. This toy is the best 12" toy I own, and probably will ever own. It has 30 points of articulation, awesome sculpt and clothes. And his chest muscles are made of this awesome rubber. Buy it.

jpak001
04-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Man, those things are sweet! I've seen Wolvie & Punisher @ TRU for $34.99 (ouch), and other two at Frank-n-Scalp too (for insane prices of course). Particularly impressed w/Punisher, I dig how he has little scars on his face, very cool!

I really want to get these 12ers....

Jayspawn
04-01-2003, 01:44 AM
I saw 12" Daredevil at Wal-Mart for $28. I didn't get it yet but it's a great looking figure. It looks great just looking at it in the box. ToyBiz did a great job with these.

Adam
04-01-2003, 01:44 AM
I want blade and thats pretty much it. Can't really afford to get the others. Well, maybe Daredevil.

Darth Cruel
04-01-2003, 08:34 AM
WOW! At the prices you guys are mentioning, maybe I should have picked those two up at F-n-S. One guy offered me both Blade and DD for 35.00 each.

And I notice that jpak001 says he saw them at TRU, and the guy at F-n-S said they were Wal-Mart and Target exclusives. He was obviously either mistaken or trying to push them. I am on my way to the dot com stores to check for them.

Sentinel18725
04-01-2003, 09:26 AM
I have only been able to find the Punisher, Blade, and Wolvie at a local comic shop here in Chicago. I saw Daredevil at WalMart in Litchfield. I didn't buy the Punisher, even though I want him, and I can't find him anymore. These are great!!!

jpak001
04-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
And I notice that jpak001 says he saw them at TRU, and the guy at F-n-S said they were Wal-Mart and Target exclusives. He was obviously either mistaken or trying to push them. I am on my way to the dot com stores to check for them.

Heh heh, yeah, that's pretty typical of frank-and-sons dealers.....

Actually TRU is the only place I've seen them at all (aside from F-n-S). I've seen Wolvie and Punisher a few different times at 2 different TRU's, but only these two characters. Mabye DD & Blade are WM exclusives? Who knows! :D

$35 isn't bad though, that's the retail price @TRU!

Prince Xizor
04-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Daredevil was the only figure at the Walmart near me. I have seen Blade, Punisher, and Wolvie at a Specialty shop near me, but for $35 a pop.

Jayspawn
04-05-2003, 12:07 PM
My TRU had Wolverine this last week. My Wal-Marts have only got Daredevil, which leads me to believe that it may be an exclusive.

jpak001
04-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I found more Wolvies and Punishers at TRU again. This time the stock guy was there, he told me they come 3 per case = one each of Wolvie, Punisher, and Blade (apparently some guy comes and buys all the Blades before they hit the shelves).

So I bet Jayspawn is right, DD's probably a WM exclusive (which means I'll never get one.....)

Though I did break down and buy the Punisher. I'm totally happy with this fig, it's awesome! I've got him in a sniper pose right now, so damn cool! I'll probably go get the Wolvie today... (see? It IS an addiction!).

edit:
Ok I went and got the Wolvie, another great figure!!! I'm very happy with him except for the fact that mine had a broken right shoulder, his arm just came off right when I undid the twist ties. (I'll have to take him back and exchange for another one now....)

He's got two more knives strapped on his back too (one huge one, and another small one). Also, don't worry if you cant find any with straight claws - it's very easy to straighten them. Since they're kinda stiff plastic, they actually stay where you adjust them to. It'll be nice to finally have a wolverine with straight claws!!

Seems that ToyBiz can do no wrong these days!

Darth Cruel
04-06-2003, 12:14 AM
I found The Punisher and Wolverine at TRU today. I bought two Punishers because the packages were both errors. I have a Punisher whose front cardboard insert is inside out so that the outside is blank and the printed side is inward facing Frank. And the other one has a Wolverine front insert. Both package backs are correctly Punisher. The TRU guy sais he also saw a Punisher with a Blade insert leaving me to believe that they were probably done on purpose, or that the factory errors are very common...particularly on The Punisher. The TRU guy told me they are legit errors but I am skeptical. At least I have one to trade for a Blade or Daredevil, though.

(Edit) jpak - I definitely agree with the Toybiz kudos!

(Update) - Wow! Am I finding myself to be disappointed. It appears that these two pieces were opened in the store. It is easy to open them and remove some of the accessories. One of my Punishers has been relieved of his knife. The other has the magazines of his AR-15 turned backwards. It is very disturbing to think that the emplotees of TRU are opening these things and messing them around. And I have to assume it is them as I asked them if these were returned and they told me no.

Darth Cruel
04-09-2003, 11:19 AM
They rock!

I got Daredevil at Wal-Mart where there were 3 in an aisle a few away from the main action figure aisle(sp?). There are still two there. I learned that my local TRU was getting in a shipment, but that it was only 1 case. They told me they would hold it for me so I was stoked. I told the i was going to exchange the knifeless Punisher and buy the other two. They would only let me exchange the punisher and buy one of the others. So I got Blade as he was the only one I had left to get.

So now I have one of each, and I do have an extra Punisher because it is the Wolverine package error (AND has the magazines in his rifle backwards, does anyone know if they are removeable?), but I think I am going to let that one go if these toys remain a hard-to-find item. Although I like to collect errors, I don't want to hoard them if others need them.

(Update) - I felt a burning need to review these figures. But it will only be as far as I can tell without removing them from the backing card.

As I mentioned before, the packages can be opened and reclosed without any indication that it has been done. There are good points to this. If you want to display the figure in the package as-is, Toybiz has facilitated this nicely. You can open the package to make small adjustments to his pre-pose and close it back up as if it had never happened. I did just that.

Blade - I opened his coat more (there is a fine wire through the hem of the coat to help pose it without being intrusive - very nice touch Toybiz!), reset his shades (I almost took them off as the likeness of Snipes is almost perfect and the figure actually looks better without the shades), placed the silver stakes in the shotgun (the one cheesy thing about the figure is that Toybiz could have incuded 8 instaed of 4), and positioned him to best display the weapons.

And I will tell you all. The single down point of this figure is the 4-instead-of-8 stakes.

jpak001
04-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Darth Cruel: Which WM did you see those at? I'm still looking for a DD myself. I'd appreciate the info :)

Oh yeah! These things really do rock! I've opened the 2 that I've found (Wolvie/Punisher), and I just love these suckers. Only downside is that the joints do get a little loose pretty easily. I'm sure that's not difficult to fix though.

Yesterday I scored a 21st century Villans Biker figure (w/motorcycle) for $10, took the jeans, shirt, boots, belt & leather jacket and put 'em on Wolvie = now I have a sweet Logan figure, I think it looks much more like Logan with regular street clothes than the camo-Weapon X outfit. Next I'm gonna paint the Bike black and give it to Punisher = sweet!

I just ordered a Blade fig from BigBadToyStore (great Etailer!). I had to order him in a set of three (Wolvie/Pun/Blade) for $90, but that's ok, I'll just take the other two back to TRU. Hopefully He'll show up soon (really looking forward to him!).

Darth Cruel
04-09-2003, 05:12 PM
You got a great deal to get those three for 30.00 each. They are nearly 38.00 after tax at TRU.

I saw the Daredevils in the Apple Valley Wal-Mart They still had two as of last night and they are an aisle or two off the main action figure aisle, so they are probably still there. If you are familiar with the area, take the I-15 North of San Bernardino about 30-40 miles to "D" Street at the North end of Victorville. Take a right and don't stop until you are over the hill and nearly at the other end of Apple Valley (probably about 10-15 miles off the freeway). You Can't miss Wal-Mart on the right, but remember that after you go over the hill, you are only about a third of the way there from the freeway.

You are probably better off just getting one at Frank-n-Scalper's. They are just off of the 60 at Fairway (or Fairview, I forget the exact name, but it is the second exit WEST of the 57). Go North about a block-and-a-half (just over the RR tracks) to San Jose. Take a left on San Jose and follow the crowd.

I don't normally condone buying from scalpers, but there is an Oriental lady in the back (somewhere around the fourth or fifth row from the right as you go in) who has been selling the Daredevil for 35.00 (which, after tax at Wal-Mart, is only about 2 or 3 dollars more). I am not sure, but at that price I believe she may be getting them direct from Toybiz (maybe not, though as they are supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive).

These instructions may sound overwhelming if you are not familiar with the area, but trust me, follow them carefully and completely, and it will be easy to find either place.

(edit) - Oh! And tell me where you got that 21st Century Villain's Motorcycle for 10.00. I WANT ONE.

jpak001
04-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the reply! That's a bit far from my house, so I'll probably end up @F-n-S (I know that place well).

I got the biker at TRU by my work. I'll go tomorrow at lunch and see if I can get the other for ya! I also saw a Steve McQueen fig w/motorcycle for $25. He has a tan leather jacket (which would probably look better on the Wolvie).

Darth Cruel
04-10-2003, 10:38 AM
It would be great if you could pick one of those up for me. That outfit HAS to look cool on Wolverine. I am also going to check my TRU. To see if I can find one. I haven't seen those for quite a while though, so I am guessing that I will not be able to find one.

jpak001
04-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey sorry Darth Cruel, the other biker was gone :(. I'll keep watch and pm you if I find one again though. I know you can still get it at the 21stCenturyToys website for $30, but that's a little steep especially if you're only interested in the outfit.

Here's a link to a pic w/Wolvie in the street clothes:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=241401

Darth Cruel
04-13-2003, 11:31 PM
I appreciate you looking jpak. They are all sold out here. I'll check thair website. Thanx for posting the pic. That does look cool.

evenflow
04-14-2003, 07:26 AM
All i have seen in Punisher. He is awesome.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2003, 10:30 AM
I have seen about 6 each of the Punisher, Wolverine, and Daredevil. Only 2 Blade IIs, and thankfully I got one at shelf price (TRU shelf price that is. According to the Toybiz website, these are supposed to be available at all of the major chains. So I am asssuming they will be 27.99 at Wal-Mart like the Daredevils.)

The funny thing is...of the 6 Punishers I have seen, 3 were errors. As I mentioned above: One had the front label turned backwards so that it faced into the box and was missing the knife. One had a Wolverine front label and the magazines for the AR-15 are backwards (and they are the only magazines that are not removeable). And then I later found one that had a Blade II front label. I haven't seen any major errors like that on any of the other three. Daredevil reads DaVedevil on the last line of the bio on the back (as in: "Davedevil: The man without fear", be careful on that one, the scalpers on Ebay are touting it as if it will be corrected, but I HIGHLY doubt that it will).

The Punishers seem to be pretty laden with errors.

Oh, yeah. Those of you who want them...you will get them. There are tons of them NOT selling on Ebay.