PDA

View Full Version : Will ANY new figures be released in 2003 at retail???

cassanova frankensti
03-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Seriously now nuch much if anything new came out in Nov or Dec 02. Now Jan, Feb and March of 03 have come and gone and there have only been a few scattered reports of a few new figures here or there. Will they ever come out at retail? Or do the retail stores just want to keep choking on their ATOC first wave figures that have been sitting on the pegs for a year??

Dr Zoltar
03-31-2003, 06:54 PM
I sure hope so. I've pretty much given up checking any store except Wal-Mart (and that pains me since I appall their business practices and try not to shop there at all). None of my Targets or TRU have restocked with any new Star Wars toys. In fact, at Target it appears they haven't gotten any new toys since before Christmas. I've never seen the shelves so barren.

The newer figs have made it to Wal-Mart but if you don't get there the day they are stocked, you're out of luck. I still haven't seen the new Mace, Ephant Mon, or Speeder Bikes at retail yet.

Amy
03-31-2003, 09:21 PM
I cant speak for KB,Target,TRU, or K-Mart since the closest ones are more then an hour away, but Wal-Mart seems to be a great source for new Star Wars figures.

Here is a question for all you guys. Are the pegs full of older AOTC figures? If so, on your day off, buy them all, or at least half of them. Then, take them to ANOTHER wally world, and get your money back, or get credit. Just make up any story, and trust me, the cashier wont give a darn as long as you have your sales slip.

Then, your other Wal-Mart will be out of stock. Tell the toy manager, and they should go in the back and get a couple of cases for ya:)

(just dont tell them who gave you the idea lol)

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2003, 09:37 PM
When my Wal Mart actually had more than 4 pegs devoted to Star Wars I could find things, but then they reduce a whole aisle selection to 4 pegs and all I see is Mace with constipation face. There's no way I am buying that figure again to make room for more of him and his buddies.

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 10:34 PM
I haven't seen anything new since Feb. and that was Yoda. I know I will be able to get them. Right now I am happy I haven't seen any cayse money is tight.

Turbowars
03-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Man, I have given up on retail and am buying mint cases from EE for $64.99. It's worth it to me, because I'm just POed about the retail stores and scalpers. Like above you have to be there at opening everyday to score. I hate seeing 40 year old men running to the hotwheels and SW anyways, it makes me sick. I'd like to beat the living crap out of them! :frus: :evil:

Sidiously Darth
04-01-2003, 12:57 AM
There seems to be a lot of hostility in these threads lately. What's wrong with you people. They're just toys!:p :crazed: :D

Anyway, the new waves are starting to show up. They get put out when there is room. If you find a new unopened case at your local store, ask a sales person for help. They will usually open it for you and you can get what you want.

I do agree that if you don't get them when first put out, you may not get them at all. I live in the Central FL area and check ebay on a daily basis for people scalping from this area. Guess what, I usually find nothing. That means one of two things. The collectors or tourist are getting them or flea market sellers. We don't have a lot in the way of scalper collector shops anymore. Someone must be buying them for keeps.

Amy
04-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Oh geez, dont get me started on Flea Martkets. There is one close by that is owned by that guy on Toy Story 2(well, looks and acts like him)

He has the new Padme and Anakin priced at $30 each:rolleyes:.Plus he calls me "hun". Anybody that calls me hun,babe, or anything of that nature just ticks me off. I have now lost all respect for flea markets..

aceguide
04-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
There seems to be a lot of hostility in these threads lately. What's wrong with you people. They're just toys!:p :crazed: :D

THANK YOU!

I do agree with th emajority here, nothing has been at retail in my area for months. x-mas is about right. Just saw (purchased)my second Clone Pilot from a KB.

I am looking forward to these new figures, but fear I might never see them. :cry:

mrmiller
04-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Amy
I have now lost all respect for flea markets..

Thats a frightning thought- you once had respect for flea markets?

I haven't seen any new basic figures since Christmas, until a week or so ago. It looks like things are slowly starting to show up now.

=MATT=

Death Star Gimp
04-01-2003, 02:21 PM
I have completely given up on retail in the UK, and when I say retail, TRU are the only retail outlet I know.

I order all of my figures from an independent supplier with whom I have established a good relationship with. I meet them at toy fairs and swap meets and they tell me what's coming in and when it's coming. Sometimes I get a loyalty discount, even though the price I end up paying is higher than retail would be, but at least I don't waste time and fuel visiting TRU every other day.

I phoned them on Monday 31st March and they said they were getting Mace, Boba, R2-D2, Aayla, Barriss, Lama Su, Anakin the following day. I ordered all seven and I expect them to land at my front door on Wednesday. It is more expensive, but much much more convenient, especially when you have a family.

droidekas2
04-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Why all the hostility you ask??

Everyone is needing a fix, its been a while since our last one and we are getting cranking. Our "drug" distribution channels are low. We know its out there. We need it, we needs it, we wants it!!

Thats where the hostility is coming from. Frustration.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Man, I have given up on retail and am buying mint cases from EE for $64.99. It's worth it to me, because I'm just POed about the retail stores and scalpers. Like above you have to be there at opening everyday to score. I hate seeing 40 year old men running to the hotwheels and SW anyways, it makes me sick. I'd like to beat the living crap out of them! :frus: :evil:

You live in Orlando, too?

Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I live in the Central FL area and check ebay on a daily basis for people scalping from this area. Guess what, I usually find nothing. That means one of two things. The collectors or tourist are getting them or flea market sellers. We don't have a lot in the way of scalper collector shops anymore. Someone must be buying them for keeps.

Umm....cough....ACME...cough...Farpoint...

Sorry....smokers cough.:)

Sidiously Darth
04-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I see your point DCMc and don't forget about that place on I-Drive that's still charging $30 for a Boomer Damaged Battle Droid.:eek:

Things were much were back in 1997 when I moved to Orlando. There were at least 8-10 shops sucking the life out of the retail stores. As for Acme, I know Terry and he usually gets his stuff through Diamond or some other distributor and that's not scalping. Anything he gets from a store is usually trade from someone bringing it in. I normally just buy comics from there.

I've also checked out Farpoint and the few times I've been there, he hasn't had anything new. He did tell me that he worked or ran Whiz Bang back when it was open. Now that place was the worst when it came to clearing out retail stores. I remember seeing employees at the Cassleberry Wal-Mart on many occassions searching for new stuff.:frus: That was a few years ago now. To balance this out, I did pick up a Commtech Greedo for $1.99 for customizing. I think that's a good deal.:D

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Oh geez, dont get me started on Flea Martkets. There is one close by that is owned by that guy on Toy Story 2(well, looks and acts like him)

He has the new Padme and Anakin priced at $30 each:rolleyes:.Plus he calls me "hun". Anybody that calls me hun,babe, or anything of that nature just ticks me off. I have now lost all respect for flea markets..

Tell me about it. I was at a flea market a couple of weeks ago and saw this really cool futuristic japanese sword called the Samurai 3000. He was selling it for $125. Well that night I went on ebay and bought it for $41 (shipping included). It is actually really good quality and the handle looks a bit like a lightsaber. Check it out; it's the one on the top:

Jaff
04-04-2003, 12:28 AM
I haven't found a thing since Ephant Mon at Kay-Bee in mid-December.

I have come to the conclusion that the rarity and lack of stock rotation in stores is a government conspiracy to get us hooked onto buying from scalpers. Scalpers have made back door deals with Hasbro official Randy (the guy who came up with the idea of constipated poses and action features). You see Randy is really upset that we don't approve of him and he is going to put us through withdrawl symptoms or make us pay.

My case in point is Droideka2! In fact I think I'm starting to get the shakes too. Randy you suck

Adam
04-04-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Jaff
Randy you suck

I sometimes wonder if Randy knows how much we loathe him. :D

Well in regards to the topic, I have found Darth Tyranus and Obi-Wan Acklay (who I returned the next day. Do not get this figure.) thanks to keithkoth, and today I found the new Tusken and another DT at a Super Target. There were some shaven ERS, so Ephont Mon WAS THERE.. just bought before I got there.

mm74md
04-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Luckily for me, my job has me traveling all along the DC/Baltimore metro area so I've had some good finds.

Most of the time I see that an assortment has been put out, but I just miss some of the figures. For example, last Friday I picked up Lama Su, Blonde IO, and the Library Droids from Wal Mart. The female Jedi's were already snagged.

And the week before, I came across at least 6 Ephant Mons sitting on multiple Target pegs as well as the Dooku/Anakin speeders.

It does suck that it's so dry out there. But without a new movie out to push the toys, stores aren't going to order 5 cases of the Boba Fett Pit wave. They will show up!

JangoFart
04-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Shock and Awe!! I was at two separate Wal-Marts in Mississippi last weekend and found every new figure from Padme to Fett and Aayla. However, every single one of them looked like someone had jumped on them and smashed them - bubbles were about one-inch thick and the cards looked like the letter "C".

So, I left them where they sat. I hope to find some others that are worth owning soon.

J

abell748
04-08-2003, 10:09 AM
I have looked and looked and looked and looked for 2003 and have not found a single one. It's April now for crying out loud!!! I thought the figures released right before the Clone War stuff comes out would hard to find, not the whole year!

mark2d2
04-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I've looked high and low for a Tusken Raider out here in sunny Hollywood California and have come up with zip. I know! I know! I should just order him online. It just seems so silly for one lousy figure.

Lame!