PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Stinks

vorronsalive
03-31-2003, 08:57 PM
My Wal-Mart stinks. I saw a new case of figures that had just been put out with 2x Padme Factory Chase, 2x Tusken Raider Ambush, 1x Research Droids, 2x Rebel Trooper, 1x Imperial Officer, 2x Teebo, and 2x Eeth Koth. Now, I was excited to see new figures but you want to know what the Employee who set them out did? He crushed certain bubbles of certain figures. Now, not all of them were that bad, but some, about 10 of them, were beyond the point of salvagable. Not being all crushed, I knew it wasn't a shipping problem because otherwise they would all have been destroyed, but it was only certain ones. The Imperial officer was gone when I got there, meaning it was fine, I picked up one Eeth Koth and that was all I could see that was fine. Both Teebos were destroyed, the Research Droids, the actually figures, were loose in the package and the bubble crushed, both padmes destroyed, both Tusken Raiders and both Rebel Troopers were crushed and the other Eeth Koth was crushed and the bubble was a little separated from the card back. It was almost as if someone had trampled on them for an hour before putting them out. Because of this, I don't know if I can trust Wal-Mart anymore. I still check back when I can, but it breaks my heart when I walk into that toy isle and think that such a terrible thing happened in that isle. It hurts because I have waited so long for these figures and then something like this happens. I'm just curious to if anything like this happens to any of your Wal-Marts. I would like to let everyone know again that Wal-Mart in Kenosha sucks.:(

Jerjerrod
03-31-2003, 09:57 PM
I agree with JediBrian, except for the part about re-selling them in the future. I'm a non-opener and I personally prefer them to be MOMC, but only because they look better on my wall than if it were crushed. However, as we Canadians seldom find new stuff anyways, I would rather see them "available" in crushed packaging in retail stores, than to not see them at all. I have lots of non-mint figures and I'm just as happy because I get to own it, period. I also really like the fact that the Walmart staff purposely crushed them to stop scalpers. "I hate them, I wish I can kill them all, even their women, their children..." Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :evil::D

Amy
03-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Tell the manager!!!! We are NOT allowed to do ANY kind of damage to our products. That is soooo dumb. Lets destroy the cunsumers products so we can ram our sales into the ground.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 11:15 PM
NO, no, no. That person should be fired for destroying company propertry. As far as anyone crushing the bubbles that is ridiculous. I hate that more than anything. Who cares who buys it. It is not up to him to decide that. As a MOMC collector I hate that. I have had to pass on so many figures because of that. That crap irks me.

TheDarthVader
03-31-2003, 11:18 PM
I think it's stupid for people to intetionally crush the bubbles. I am not a MOMC collector, however, I do collect figures on card and I prefer (at least) near mint cards. Is there something wrong with that? Geez, I am entitled to my collecting mint on near mint cards as the other collectors are entitled to open them. And I do not intend on selling my figures at any point, contrary to your belief, JediBrian.

Prince Xizor
04-01-2003, 12:19 AM
:rolleyes:
Why do you all assume that it was the employee that crushed them, or even that they were intentionally crushed at all? All the guy said was that he thought they were crushed purposely because only some of them were busted up. And then he immediatly accused an employee. First of all, just because only some of the figures are crushed doesn't mean that it was intentional, actually it would make more sense for it be a shipping accident. I work at a grocery store and very rarely does every piece of product in a case get crushed, 99% of the time only the ones on the bottom or the side get smashed up. So right away, I would think that someone did not intentionally crush 'em. And second, why do you think it was the employee? Did you see them do it with your own eyes? What stupid-arse employee would crush his own product, he is risking his job by doing it, and it makes his department look bad by having crushed product on the shelf. So, if it was crushed intentionally, which I doubt it was, it would more likely be a customer/scalper than an employee. And since when does a scalper discriminate on which toys he messes up? I would think most scalpers crush everything in sight, not just certain ones.

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 12:21 AM
First off I disagree with JediBrian. I like to keep my figures in their packages, but I'm not terribly concerned that the package is totally flawless. I have no intention of selling my collection. If I was, I would do it now when I could use the money. My son tells me to sell my collection, but I enjoy collecting SW figures.

Next, as a former Wal-Mart employee, I saw some of the boxes as they would come off the truck. I used to unload the trucks, and sometimes the their would be fragile boxes stuck under heavier boxes, or smashed inbetween a pallet and the wall of the truck. Unless voronsalive saw the employee crush the box/figures, then he can't blame them directly. Wal-Mart gets a certain amount of credit for each shipment to cover some of the loses during shipping, at least they did when I worked there.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Nothing wrong with having a stupid hobby like that I guess. But maybe some people consider crushing action figures packages as a hooby.

LOL. I never thought of that, next time I go to a store in a toy aisle, I'll crease the cards! OPENING the figs is a hobby, keeping them closed is purely for profit!!! You will never be able to use your jedi mind tricks to convince me otherwise!!!!

Um, what's a hooby? Must be something new all these young kids are talking about these days. I gotta get back with the young folks, catch up on the slang and whatnot.

That's probably the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. I've been collecting MOMC for years and i haven't made a single penny off of it. Assuming that a MOC collector makes money off MOMC is very rude and ignorant. Think before you speak next time. Cheers!! :D

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 01:13 AM
LOL, another "I'm better than you because I open and play with my toys contest". Come on, who cares if you open them or not. I think most are crappy figures and look way better in the package. That's just me. Sure I open a few awesome figures like Mon and FX-7, but I'm a MOMC collector and thats how it has been since 95. I have traded and helped many members here and never made a cent, sometimes you end up going out of your way to do so, so don't give me crap about profit there buddy.

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 01:32 AM
All you MOMC "collectors" can kiss my shiny white jedi ***! It's because of YOU that nothing is available anymore. You greedy MOMC collectors buy up every action figure and every case, so you can store it in your moms basement and sell it on E-bay.

So are you saying all MOMC collectors buy up every figure in every case? I've gone in and bought only one figure, or two if I want one to open. I leave plenty of figures for others to enjoy and buy at regular retail. I actually bought a third set of the trash compactors to sell, but only for what I paid for them, plus shipping, since not everyone in this country lives close to a Wal-Mart. I've never sold even one figure on eBay, nor do I intend to. And as far as kissing your rear quarters, well you can kiss my shiny white Stormtrooper lower back section! Happy now!

2-1B
04-01-2003, 02:19 AM
Wal-Mart is not known for having the brightest employees.
(Amy excluded, of course :crazed: )

Tycho
04-01-2003, 02:44 AM
OK everyone, please quit the name-calling before this thread gets closed, or someone gets suspended for language, etc.

This site (and this hobby) is for ages 4 & Up, though I too doubt those younger than 12 or 13 are around at all - still we have to be PC or actually Lucasfilm could say something about it. You have to be at least 13 to legally see movies with this kind of language in it and there's a reason you don't see "adult" Star Wars sites out there. 2 words: George Lucas. We're a very-well known site, and there were plenty of days that Hasbro and Lucasfilm wanted us shut down (well mostly because Steve was the thorn in Hasbro's side: images of the E1 figures like 9 months before they were allowed to be shown publically -heh-heh-heh!)

However, I'm not the party-spoiler, because I'm not going to report anything, or do anything other than just post this suggestion and hope I'm being helpful.

Now that this has been said, I really wanted to respond:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I buy everything off the pegs, crushed or not.

I needed 4 Padme's (that's a case +1), and I'm after a total of 9 Aayla Securas (at one per case at present) and I only have 3 as of yet.

Why? I OPEN MY TOYS AND MAKE HUGE BATTLE DIORAMAS.

I got 16 Gunship Pilots as soon as they were available, as well as 35 Sneak Preview Clone Troopers, back in the day.

Only needed 2 Ephant Mons though (it's always the great figures I buy the least of...)

Anyway, I don't think an employee crushed the packages, just some collector convinced scalpers are the reason he hasn't seen these waves become more available earlier (but it was actually because they weren't shipping!)

Next, a poor-wanna-be scalper might have done it (so if he couldn't afford to wipe them out, no one else would 'steal' his pathetic sales) -but Star Wars scalping is at a pretty much low-plateau now. People know the new figures aren't worth anything like Vintage - and tons of folks keep em carded. So as long as there isn't panic to get stuff right away, or because items seem late, there won't be demand for over-priced Star Wars figures (at dealers' stores). So scalping won't be profitable. I think less people are turning to e-Bay too. I went there for Naboo Royal Guards because they truly aren't shipping and I needed like 40 of them (but found a dealer and made a deal with him, instead of bidding on them, I got em for 10 bucks each - fair considering how rare the Holo-Sidious wave was) - but I NEVER would have gone that route while E1 cases were still shipping and before discount sales. Which brings me to the last point: lots of folks are waiting for Wizards of the Coast clearances, things like that, and aren't so desperate to pay a scalper even when the figure they want hasn't been found after 6 months of supposed release (Ephant Mon for example - but duh - he's still shipping too - my Wal*Mart has just gotten 4 cases of him)

So stomping on the packages does not deter me from army building. But I wasn't going to buy more than 4 Padmes, 2 Tuskens, 1 Jedi Droid, etc. 5 Bariss and 9 Aayla will do me, too. Once I have them, I won't even go in the toy isle again, until some other newer wave ships.

But what stomping does is slow down sales. The figures are auto-ordered based on sales registered in the stores' computer inventory systems. Hidden toys, (like to make space on the racks) and stomped on toys that won't sell to MOMC collectors) just slow down the store's computer from ordering more - which might be Han Solo, Chewie, Snowtrooper, or Yoda and the Junior Jedi.

Anyway, I don't buy it that an employee ruined the packages.

Old Fossil
04-01-2003, 08:43 AM
And 40 Royal Guards, I'll never understand that! In AOTC there was only two, and in ROTJ there was what...6???? So 40 Royal Guards is useless for a diorama.

You may want to calm down a little bit and re-read Tycho's post. He said "Naboo Royal Guards," which makes perfect sense.

I say more power to big spenders like Tycho. Helps give Hasbro a reason to keep making Star Wars toys in the first place! And considering Tycho is on the other side of the country from you, JediBrian, I doubt his spending habits have directly affected toy inventories in Long Island.

Old Fossil
04-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett

Next, as a former Wal-Mart employee, I saw some of the boxes as they would come off the truck. I used to unload the trucks, and sometimes the their would be fragile boxes stuck under heavier boxes, or smashed inbetween a pallet and the wall of the truck. Unless voronsalive saw the employee crush the box/figures, then he can't blame them directly. Wal-Mart gets a certain amount of credit for each shipment to cover some of the loses during shipping, at least they did when I worked there.

I can vouch for that!!! I worked for Wal-Mart as a receiving associate for a couple of years. If they still ship freight the way they did back then, it would not be unusual for a case of Star Wars figures to be crushed by, say, a case of Clorox, or a case of motor oil, or a case of liquid detergent, or as bobafrett said, crushed by a shifting or misplaced pallet. Sounds like that was most likely what happened to the figures you saw, JediBrian, instead of an employee purposefully crushing them.

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Okay JediBrian, Clonetroopers were a plenty on Kamino. They were hundreds of them marching around. I believe in ROTJ there were Royal Guards waiting outside the Emperors shuttle when it docked. So there is a need for all that.

Second, I grew up in Queens and lived there for 28 years and I can control my language on the board, so don't put all us New Yorkers into a category like that.

Thgirdly, it is very possible for a box to get damaged on trucks. I worked receiving at Home Depot for about a year and you wouldn't belive the way things come in all screwed up. They stacked glass doors under 30 wooden ones. The top half were damaged. Plus truck drivers don't care about the merch in the back. They drive like pyscho's(hey that rhymes with Tycho), and if something gets damaged they are not held responsible for it.

And lastly, I have never, ever, sold something with an intention to make a profit. When I find HTF figures, I have put them on Ebay. I start the bidding at what it cost me. If it sells for that I still lose money because of Ebay fees. I am in it to help out a fellow collector. I love walking into my room and seeing all my figures onthe wall. I might open them one day and set up dioramas or scenes, but with 2 kids in the house, it just isn't feasible. I would have to lock them away and no one would see them. At least we still enjoy the same hobby, we should just focus on that and respect each others decisions on how we collect.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by vorronsalive
My Wal-Mart stinks.

The Wal*Marts I've gone to don't smell too badly but, man, they are a raging mess all the time!!! :crazed:

Val Da Car
04-01-2003, 09:54 AM
I visit my Wal-Mart regularly for figures and see plenty of unsupervised kids carrying Star Wars ships and figures trashing them all of the time.

I have seen the stock people in my WM take care to stack and stock in my 24hr SuperCenter. At my WM the Star Wars section is only two figures wide and four high. (This barely holds two and a half cases, three if you overstock the shelves.)
They have to fight off the scaplers that damage bubbles on ships and figures but like Tycho I am an army builder....I have 16 clonetrooper pilots and plenty of red and white troopers that I bought for dioramas.

The store I am most ticked at is my TRU....they have Ketwol, Bespin Guard and Endorrs Malak (however you speel it)....filling out more space that the saga figs.

Oh yeah all of these figures at TRU are still full price. The WM nearby blew all of the same figures out for $.50each to make room for the saga figures.

just my $.02

TheDarthVader
04-01-2003, 02:11 PM
First of all, if all figures were meant to be loose, hasbro would not bother making them in a package to begin with! They would not waste money on paying designers to come up with new card designs.
Secondly, I never said employees were intentionally damaging the figures. I said that I believe sometimes people do damage the cards on purpose. And for JediBrian to say that he will start doing it is shallow and insensitive.
Thirdly, it does not matter how many figures other people wish to buy. If it makes them happy, then more power to them. Why would I care how many Clone troopers tycho bought? Even if he lived in my area, more power to him! :)

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 02:58 PM
I'd still have to slap him. ;)

mm74md
04-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Shouldn't we be arguing about politics or social issues instead of toys?

Do any of you see yourselves in this TV clip from Conan O'Brien?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds.html

Yikes...get a life people. They are just toys made for kids!!!:crazed:

Amy
04-01-2003, 04:27 PM
You have just insulted EVERYONE with those comments, including the ones that had nothing to do with it. I really think you need to cool down a bit, and if Star Wars figures gets you this upset, you might want to think about a new hobby.

We are all collectors here, sharing our coments on the Hasbro line. There is no need for name calling and TRYING to upset people. I have nothing against you, its just some advise on how to enjoy a wonderful board, along with wonderful company without all the stress.

Prince Xizor
04-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
Shouldn't we be arguing about politics or social issues instead of toys?

Do any of you see yourselves in this TV clip from Conan O'Brien?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds.html

Yikes...get a life people. They are just toys made for kids!!!:crazed:

Your being sarcastic, I hope... Because this is the Toys forum...

Patient Zero
04-01-2003, 04:44 PM
JediBrian, are you related to KK by any chance? ;)

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 05:09 PM
I am not responding to this stupid post. If anyone has a problem with me or my opinions, than IM me because this post thing is getting annoying. After a while, you forget what the topic is!

If your not responding to this "stupid" post, then why do you keep responding? I've counted two posts by you after you made this statement. I really don't care, but you said it. :p

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Yes, except it's april fool's, and considering the source, I'll just be content in knowing that I'm a smartalec!

That's 3, care to keep going?

TheDarthVader
04-01-2003, 05:28 PM
That's 3, care to keep going?

I am rolling on the floor here! LOL ! Bobafrett, too funny!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 05:35 PM
:greedy:

that's me!

Patient Zero
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
:greedy:

that's me!

:crazed: :dead: :crazed:
I look more like this!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
:crazed: :dead: :crazed:
I look more like this!

somehow, I believe you :D :crazed:

side note: I'm totally crackin up here! I hate to admit it, but I love these scandalous type threads...gets my blood flowing! I don't have enough scandalous men in my life, unless I come here! :eek: ;)

Patient Zero
04-01-2003, 05:52 PM
side note: I'm totally crackin up here! I hate to admit it, but I love these scandalous type threads...gets my blood flowing! I don't have enough scandalous men in my life, unless I come here! :eek: ;)

Are you kidding me! 94.763% of my posts are in scandalous threads. It provides me with a humorous way to pass the time at work. :D

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Buy as many figures as you want Tycho (not that you need my permission or anything). I buy cases online so I don't have to deal with scalpers, hoarders, card wrinklers, etc. Plus for what I pay for a case with shipping, it's still cheaper than wasting gas driving around Orlando at 3am trying to beat Hot Wheels guys to the new stuff.
I do my part to keep Hasbro in business, too. I by two of everything (a set for my kids, and a set for me). If it's an army builder (Clone, Storm, Rebel Fleet) I want to open, I'll by extras, if I happen to be at Wallyworld or Targe`.
I did buy the last 4 Ephant Mon I saw, and I SOLD them, too. Just ask the people on the Forums that bought them from me. If I know people are looking for it, I'll buy it just so a scalper won't have a chance.
Speaking of Ephant Mon, there are 111 on ebay now. Every auction says RARE, HTF. If it's sooooo hard to find, why are there 111 up for auction? And as far as trying to deter scalpers by crushing bubbles and bending cards...it doesn't matter, because out of the 111, a good # of them say "MOC" or "MOSC" because of bubble or card damage. These a-holes don't care what condition stuff is in. If it's HOT, they'll sell it, damaged package or not.

TheDarthVader
04-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
it's still cheaper than wasting gas driving around Orlando at 3am trying to beat Hot Wheels guys to the new stuff.

The hot wheels guy!! Oh my gosh! I am laughin so hard I think I will bust a gut! That is funny! I have seen those guys around. They are usually middle aged and have facial hair or glasses. Some of them wear nascar jackets (not that there is anything wrong with that).

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
The hot wheels guy!! Oh my gosh! I am laughin so hard I think I will bust a gut! That is funny! I have seen those guys around. They are usually middle aged and have facial hair or glasses. Some of them wear nascar jackets (not that there is anything wrong with that).

It's true. Here in Orlando, anyways. The HW guys will buy up HOT SW toys, He-man, Marvel Legands, and sell them on ebay, or trade them to collectible shops for HWs they may have missed.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 06:17 PM
by Hotwheels, are we talking the little matchbox??? Old, middle aged men collect those things? If so, that is truely sad. Matchbox is simply for the kids, always has been, always will be. If anyone here collects matchbox shame on you. Save it for the kids.

Yep....wanna hear something even more sad?

They'll line up at Target at 7:55am, and when the door opens at 8am, they RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN all the way to the toy dept to get the Treasure Hunts..

I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!!

I wish I had a camcorder to film it for you guys.

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Now, I was excited to see new figures but you want to know what the Employee who set them out did? He crushed certain bubbles of certain figures. Now, not all of them were that bad, but some, about 10 of them, were beyond the point of salvagable. Not being all crushed, I knew it wasn't a shipping problem because otherwise they would all have been destroyed, but it was only certain ones.

Why is it that the associate always gets blamed when something doesn't go the customers way??? This is a question that has been puzzling me for the past 5 1/2 years. And I've seen it time and time again even on these boards. "Oh, WM's employees are stealing the figures, that's why we are not seeing any new ones", "Oh, WM's employees are selling them out the back door and on eBay, so we can't get them", "Oh, WM Employees are crushing the bubbles so I cannot by MOMC figures":rolleyes: But you never hear the associates whinning like that. "Oh, I have to take 4 weeks off of work cause that idiot customer wasn't watching where they were pushing their cart and hit the ladder I was standing on causing me to fall and break my arm". Why is it always the associate???

Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Why do you all assume that it was the employee that crushed them, or even that they were intentionally crushed at all?

Thank you Xizor!! Nice to see someone else that thinks the same as I do, although that is a scary thought:eek:.

Next, as a former Wal-Mart employee, I saw some of the boxes as they would come off the truck. I used to unload the trucks, and sometimes the their would be fragile boxes stuck under heavier boxes, or smashed inbetween a pallet and the wall of the truck.

Ohhhhhh man! Have you hit the mark or what!!! I remember seeing a case of figs that came off the truck. The case was approx 1/2 the size it originally was. Amazingly though, out of the 12 figs in the case, only 7 were damaged (i.e. crushed bubbles). So it IS possible that the case was crushed on the truck and some did survive.

Originally posted by Caesar
Wal-Mart is not known for having the brightest employees.
(Amy excluded, of course:crazed: )

HEY HEY HEY. And what am I???? Chopped Liver Caesar???? :D

Ugh. And JediBrian, every collector is entitled to collect as they see fit. If they want an all open collection, then have an all open collection. If they want a MOMC collection, then so be it. If you want an all Mouse Droid Sniffing collection, whatever floats your boat. the important thing to remember is that if you collect, and it makes you happy, then how you do that is your buisness and yours alone. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to collect. But if how you collect, or what you collect only brings frustration and edginess, then you should look for another hobby. And I am not saying "you" as in you JediBrian. It was a general statement.

Also JediBrian, I do not care if you are from Long Island, Short Island, No Island, or Easter Island, when you signed up here, in the user agreement it stated:

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

So that means you need to watch your language, tone back the name calling and derogatory remarks, and just try to have a happy, happy, fun-fun, joy-joy time here.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah ok, you bought extra Ephant Mans, did you sell them for $15 like everyone esle does???? I agree with you, he isn't a rare action figure, he's just HOT. Besides, Ephant looks better loose than it does carded. Can't argue that. But I am sure someone will.

Hey Brian :)

I was one of the people who bought an ephant mon from DarthChuck and can you BELIEVE the nerve of that guy, he sold it to me for retail...$4.77 :D

teehee

2-1B
04-01-2003, 06:46 PM
I don't have enough scandalous men in my life, unless I come here!

So . . . . are you saying that:

"There aren't enough scoundrels in your life." ? ;)

:crazed:

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 06:52 PM
So . . . . are you saying that:

"There aren't enough scoundrels in your life." ? ;)

He he he, Caesar, your avatar makes that post!!! :D

oh yeah....critisize my spelling idiot....nice. Ever made a typo smartass. Oh yes look "rediculous" It's ridiculous. Aren't I the witty one. All you MOMC "collectors" can kiss my shiny white jedi ***!

Hmmmmm . . . . Vulgar, threatening, hateful . . . . . . . they all seem to fit here.

And if I remember correctly there was one member who tried to "Spice things up a bit" and took it too far most times. That member is no longer here.

Regardless if the post was made in jest or not, it is how the post is received. Without the benifits of voice inflection even the most innocent posts can be take the wrong way. Its kinda like sexual harrasment, "Its not how it was intended, but how it was perceived". Wise words to remember on the net:D.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Its kinda like sexual harrasment, "Its not how it was intended, but how it was perceived". Wise words to remember on the net:D.

Don't you mean harDONKEYment? :D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ghost of Jonna
Are you kidding me! 94.763% of my posts are in scandalous threads. It provides me with a humorous way to pass the time at work.

I know, I KNOW! :D I seem to be finding them all.

BRING on the SCANDAL

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:09 PM
I go to clean for an hour, and I come back to the possible end of the posting by JediBrian, say it ain't so! Just as I was having fun!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Huh? :confused: :rolleyes:

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:13 PM
<rolls eyes> no sexual obscenity huh?????

Obscenity??? Where???? I wanna see......pleeeeeeeeeeease??

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Oh, wait, I stand corrected, he's still posting!

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
ok, last reply, I PROMISE :-X

That makes 12 since you said you weren't posting anymore.

DNA has a major crush on Ceasar. Looks like a spring romance in the air. Go get her you scoundrel!

13, try again?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 07:22 PM
OK, THAT's IT! :crazed:

I don't know what, but it's IT, whatever IT is! :confused: :dead:

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:25 PM
WHERE IS THE OBSCENITY??????????

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey JediBrian, whats up BUDDY? LOL:crazed:

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:28 PM
RATS!

Oh...flirting...that's ok then..

How come no one flirts with me??:cry:

It's the lovehandles and bald spot.... ain't it?

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:31 PM
I think it's the Avatar that scares them away DarthChuckMc. You got to admit, that's one ugly creature! :stupid:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 07:32 PM
:eek:

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I got a buddy in JediBrian, he's my buddy for life, there's no Buddy quite like the buddy he's been to me.............

Sorry, This is just way to much fun, right buddy?

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Ok, I wont call you buddy anymore buddy LOL .Hey I do agree with you on one of your points, but I can't remember now because of all the Off topic BS. :D

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:38 PM
My Buddy, my Buddy, whenever I post, he posts...

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:39 PM
I think it was about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or something like that.

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Um, well that is a much better looking avatar DarthChuckMc.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:40 PM
I think it's the Avatar that scares them away DarthChuckMc. You got to admit, that's one ugly creature! :stupid:

I changed the avatar to......duh duh daaaaaaaa...

Young Chuck!!

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
the picture under your screen name

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
OMG Dar, wait a second ok....let me paste this for you.....
And if I remember correctly there was one member who tried to "Spice things up a bit" and took it too far most times. That member is no longer here.
That is clearly a threat is it not??? So you are breaking your own policy.

He he he . . . . . . see what I mean about taking things the wrong way:p. That line was an information line, seeing as I do not have the power of The Banning. I was mearly stating another individual who was trying to do the same thing and took it too far and the results of that. He he he :D.

Originally posted by turbowars
Ok, I wont call you buddy anymore buddy LOL .Hey I do agree with you on one of your points, but I can't remember now because of all the Off topic BS.

I have to agree with you Turbo, thee is too much off topic posts going on. So unless this gets on topic soon, I do have the power of The Closing:D

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:44 PM
She Tars Wallpaper................. Ava Tar, okay, nevermind. It's the picture right below your name, which I see you have none.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

I have to agree with you Turbo, thee is too much off topic posts going on. So unless this gets on topic soon, I do have the power of The Closing:D

Crap.....hurry everybody.....uhhhhhh

Walmart stinks....like...like......

Fat thighs rubbing in a pair of stretch pants....

That's on topic.....right??

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 07:46 PM
You know Dar, Brian has a good point. LOL

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Walmart stinks like....

Unbathed (is that a word??) college kids buying Cheetos and beer at 1:55am so they can hurry home to play XBox Online.

Help me out people...I can't do this by myself!

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 07:49 PM
How about if we talk about religion and war? Yes?, No?

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:50 PM
*Disclaimer*

I am not speaking for ALL Wal*Mart stores. Only the one in Union Park, FL by UCF.

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I used to pass gas on the truck while I was unloading it, at my local Wal-Mart, therefore making Wal-Mart stink. Our we back on the subject now? I'm actually doing this to keep from running out and looking for figures, because I really don't have the money to do that right now.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Me too. Only I do it in the cab of my delivery truck. I think I caused nerve damage to my helper today. Poor poor Steve..
but that would start a whole new thread...Best Buy home delivery stinks...

*Disclaimer*

I don't think BB stinks. I'm implying that my delivery truck smells of Krystals with cheese and fries.

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 07:54 PM
REASONS TO CLOSE THIS THREAD
10. Buddy conversation
9. The topic was lost about 3 pages ago
8. DarthChuckMc is really scaring me with that avatar
7. this thread is turning into a thread that should be in Gen Disc.
6. Where did the topic go????
5. Turbo is agreeing with Jedi Brian:D
4. Avatar questions are in the "How Do I/Newbie" section
3. Oh TOPIC!!!! Where arrrrrrrrrre yoooooooooooouuuuu?????
2.What started as a arguement filled topic has now been turned into "Other" section material.

And the number one reason to close this thread . . . .

1. The topic is soooo lost, you couldn't find in with a GPS, homing pigeon, 5 blood hounds, Sherlock Holms, compas, and just forget about the map.:D :D :D

Actually, what most likely will happen is this gets moved to Gen Disc or Other, since there is nothing here anymore about Saga Figs.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 07:57 PM
What's wrong with the avatar?? Young Chuck=cute Chuck....unlike OLD Chuck.....who is just OLD.

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 07:58 PM
LOL, you are to much Dar!

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 07:59 PM
What's wrong with the avatar?? Young Chuck=cute Chuck....unlike OLD Chuck.....who is just OLD.

What's freaky is that young Chuck looks like Dar with his Goatee shaved off:eek:.

Another reason for this is that every time I go to post, another page appears. Soooooooo . . . . .

This is getting moved to OTHER.

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Okay, everybody get ready to shift, Dar's moving us! Hooray it's moving day!

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Now everyone has their moving buddy, right??? I don't want anyone getting left behind. I don't want to have to drive all the way back there just to get you.

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 08:11 PM
OMG I leave for an hour and thisa thread exploded. What was this thread about anyways? Dang At least the psots were short.

vorronsalive
04-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Don't anybody get me wrong, I am not a scalper and never made a cent off my collection and I never plan too. Think before you speak and never assume what you do not know. I want the figures momc because hanging on the wall it looks better than if its crushed. I have never even bought more than 4 things at one time. Scalper??? I think not!!!!!

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Dar, are you jealous because you're not getting the spotlight? LOL. LONG LIVE EMPEROR DAR! Now lets all go back to Saga forums and complain that we can't find anything and get all depressed again. :-( <cough, cough> party pooper

Hey, I could care less if I get a spot light, or a flash light. I'm here to make sure my sections run as smooth as I can. this thread was no longer Saga material, so that's why it got moved. You can still continue your craziness here. I have no problems with that. But Saga is for Saga.Just like Episode II section is for E2 talk, not other movies. That's all I had the problem with. And instead of shutting down the thread and seen as the opressive "Emperor", I decided to be civil and move it here so it could continue.

Originally posted by kidhumanp
OMG I leave for an hour and thisa thread exploded. What was this thread about anyways? Dang At least the psots were short.

You think leaving for an hour was bad. Try posting in this thing anf you know your on page 3, but when you get to actually posting the message your on page 5!!!:eek:

stad
04-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Wow, that was a cool ride! I started reading this thread in the Saga section, by the time I got done, I was in the General Discussion section! Whooo!

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Ahhh...meatballs in gravy with mashed potatos....

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Hmmm . . . .I feel sorry that the only section you expose yourself to is the Saga section. There are more ppl and more things to talk about when you venture out that Saga door. This site has more to offer then just Saga talk. I really hope one day you do decide to travel the rest of this site.

So, how many moving buddies lost their buddies????

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 08:53 PM
like this Dar'?

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Dar, I have posted threads in EP1, POTF/J and no one seems to respond to those. If there was a chat I would'n't need to post but this is what ya get for a free membership. :-)

Those sections are not high traffic area. That's most likely the reason no one responded. And we did have a chat at one time, but there was some problems with keeping it PG that shut it down I believe. If you ask some of the older members here, one's who have been around since before this board I'm sure they can give you the skinny on that.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah.....with a little painted on goatee...Dar' said it looked like him without his goatee, so I painted one on.

Ahh, to be young and UN-bald.....:cry:

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 09:05 PM
No.....that was me 12 years ago....I was 19 there...I'm 31 now...and I too have the Jack Nicholson thing going on.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 09:08 PM
he's me now.....

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 09:11 PM
like this Dar'?

Close . . . . . here you go:

The Real Dar' Argol (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=125187)

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 09:14 PM
watch that hairline bud...you could turn into OLD Chuck before you know it......

scary...ain't it?

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 09:20 PM
watch that hairline bud...you could turn into OLD Chuck before you know it......

scary...ain't it?

Hair line is good, hasn't moved in 26 years:D. But yeah it is scary. One plus though is that both sides of my family all have their hair:D

I have been referrred to though as Qui-Gon Jinn by a few members;)

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 09:24 PM
that's a Caaaahhhhh.....stanza.

j/k

I'm thinking about shaving my head tonight. Too much hassel trying to make what's left look good.

Turbowars
04-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Please stop with the photos, you guys are scaring me:eek: J/K, well not really, LOL

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Well, I'm back, a friend of mine came over to check his e-mail. Did I miss anything? We're moved, everybody start unpacking. I'm hoping not to lose my hair, not because I'm afraid of going bald, but more because I have a scar and a 3 inch long Death Star trench just under my scalp. It was from surgery I had when I was 8.

Here's a picture of what I look like now.

Amy
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I think most girls(me included) think most bald(or balding) men are still VERY much attractive, and even in alot of cases even sexy. I'm not making this up, I've heard plenty of girls say this.

DarthChuckMc-I think you look much better now then you did at 19. Although you did have a Curt Cobain thing going, you still look better today.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Amy
I think most girls(me included) think most bald(or balding) men are still VERY much attractive, and even in alot of cases even sexy. I'm not making this up, I've heard plenty of girls say this.

DarthChuckMc-I think you look much better now then you did at 19. Although you did have a Curt Cobain thing going, you still look better today.

Thank you :happy:

QLD
04-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Amy told me you were ugly. ;)

2-1B
04-01-2003, 11:35 PM
It doesn't matter how bald you guys are, Wal-Mart still sucks. :)

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 11:38 PM
No, I think it was Wal-Mart stinks, let's keep it on the subject, before this gets moved again. :~)

QLD
04-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Wal-Mart does indeed stink.

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Stinks....like the smell of Brut and cypress mulch in the noon day sun.

2-1B
04-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Does baldness lead to stench?

DarthChuckMc
04-01-2003, 11:52 PM
baldness leads to stench..
stench leads to hate..
and hate leads to......suffering

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Suffering leads to Hemmoroids.........
Hemmoroids lead to a pain in the butt!

DarthChuckMc
04-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Preparation H leads to comfort......ahhhhhhhh

Tycho
04-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Oh brother. It's almost time for "The Shield" to come on TV here.

I couldn't read everything, but got the gist of what was asked of me.

4 Padme's (Droid Factory)

Padme 1, in Geonosian Conference room - from deleted scene, good way to plan to display the Separatists with Anakin and Padme captures.

Padme 2, Droid Factory scene - build the assembly line. Self-explanatory.

Padme 3, Shmi Skywalker's funeral - good way to display the Lars family when they make them.

Padme 4, Naboo space yacht - nice way to get Anakin, Padme, the droids, and possibly a Mace Windu hologram (or that Obi-Wan one) together - and maybe they'll even make the vehicle???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 Naboo Royal Guards: I'm only going to give examples...

3 on the Naboo Royal Starship.

1 in the hanger battle fight

2 with the Queen and Sio Bibble, Capt. Panaka, etc. in the throne room scene.

2 with Padme Coruscant Attack & Captain Typho, & R2D2

etc. etc. etc. - I have 2 Royal Starships to crew, and so forth.

I plan like this:

a) every possible character, or key scene for a playset or vehicle, that they could feasibly make, and what scene they would fit into

b) every extra or duplicate character that would accompany the above item(s) to complete a scene with them.

When a figure gets released, like the Sneak Preview Clone, or Anakin without a mean face (secret ceremony), I plan to immediately buy from the outside all the figures I'd need for that.

I literally have an Anakin to accompany Padme in every possibly wardrobe change that Hasbro could make for her. (that's 8, as I'm also waiting for a resculpt with the cloak hanging Vader-style)

And that's how I buy. I don't bother with resculpts I don't need later. The Han Hoth is nice, but I don't need it. If I'm really tempted, I'll have to buy the rest of a bunch for scene-filler to go with him. Hope not. Army building is expensive enough.

And that's how I shop.

aharry
04-02-2003, 01:02 AM
The Wal Marts around here smell okay. Especially after they clean the floors. Then again I like the smell of napalm in the morning. Oh yeah, and the Shield rocks. Can't wait for the next season already.

plasticfetish
04-02-2003, 02:48 AM
I dunno ... our Wal-Marts smell like french ... sorry ... freedom fries.

Amy
04-02-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
Amy told me you were ugly. ;)

LOL!!!!! I hope nobody thinks your serious lol!:o :D

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
I'm the baldest dude here I think. Check it out :-\

Got ya covered..............

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 11:20 AM
nope, this is Jedibrians brother, so it doesn't count ;-)

Dear God! So there are two like you in the world!?! ;)

2-1B
04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Amy
LOL!!!!! I hope nobody thinks your serious lol!:o :D

You didn't really tell him that ? :confused:

bobafrett
04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
I think he's just messing with us Ghost of Jonna, at least I hope so.............

JEDIpartner
04-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Anyone who says "freedom fries" or "All-American toast" is going to have to give me my tax dollars back because I certainly didn't approve of that most embarassingly trivial abuse of power! We could probably blame this on Wal*Mart as well... but let's face facts- it's all ChemLawn's fault. Everything stinks when they spray a yard. Poo-whiff!

Anyhow... I really don't think the Wal*Mart employee didn't crush the cards on purpose. Some people are just careless, ham-fisted clods.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Some people are just careless, ham-fisted clods.

Now that's a pretty picture!!! :crazed:

Prince Xizor
04-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Holy Crap, what a long thread....

Anyway, I have question Tycho. If you don't mind me asking, where in the world do you get the $$$ for all your figures, and where do you have the space? I have issues with both space and cash.... I'm running out of both.

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Some people are just careless, ham-fisted clods.

And don't forget the gills, all Wal-mart employees secretly have gills like Keven Costner in the original version of Water World. Which, by the way, you can now buy at Wal-mart.

Disclamer: This post has nothing to do with anything and should be ignored. Especially by the horde of gilled freaks that are now circling my apartment.

bobafrett
04-02-2003, 01:36 PM
And don't forget the gills, all Wal-mart employees secretly have gills like Keven Costner in the original version of Water World. Which, by the way, you can now buy at Wal-mart.

Disclamer: This post has nothing to do with anything and should be ignored. Especially by the horde of gilled freaks that are now circling my apartment.

I don't have gills, but then I don't work at Wal-Mart anymore either. Just noticed the "disclamer", Clams and gills, what's this world coming to!

TheDarthVader
04-02-2003, 02:51 PM
I left this post for one day, and it has grown beyond capacity! It started off simple and grew very large into an obscene and vulgar display of brutes and scoundrels (and one heroine). Wow, I am reluctant to say that I feel somewhat entertained by all of this mess(minus the vulgarness and obscenities). ;) Yep, I posted somewhere back on page 2 or 3...

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't have gills, but then I don't work at Wal-Mart anymore either. Just noticed the "disclamer", Clams and gills, what's this world coming to!

Clams??? That's just crazy talk! I'm reporting you to my congressmen, Mr. Fancy Pants. :crazed:

JEDIpartner
04-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Is there a DIFFERENT version of "Waterworld" of which I have not been made aware? :confused:

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Is there a DIFFERENT version of "Waterworld" of which I have not been made aware? :confused:

Well rumor was that the main character originally had gills on his neck, but it looked to be to suggestive as a part of the female anatomy. Jar might know more about it as he seems to be the movie info buff. I think that I even may have heard it from him to begin with, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Well........alright! DAMN :crazed:

TheDarthVader
04-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Well rumor was that the main character originally had gills on his neck

To be accurate, the gills were behind the mariner's ears. :)

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
To be accurate, the gills were behind the mariner's ears. :)

Nit-picker! ;)

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm confused. The mariner did have gills in the movie behind his ears. Are you saying that this rumor has the gills located on his neck originally?

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I'm confused. The mariner did have gills in the movie behind his ears. Are you saying that this rumor has the gills located on his neck originally?

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH! It is just a rumor that I based the joke on. I don't remember the movie that well. I simply remember hearing that they had to change or modify or remove or do something to them for the reason that I already stated.

Jar Jar Binks, where are you!?!

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Never joke about a Costner classic such as Waterworld! What next, some jokes about The Postman?

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Waterworld rules. I love that movie. Never saw the postman though

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Best keep it that way too, kidhuman.

plasticfetish
04-02-2003, 06:23 PM
The Postman did have Tom Petty in it.

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
The Postman did have Tom Petty in it.

That it did. I knew that. Small role right?

Best keep it that way too, kidhuman.

Was it that bad?

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Was it that bad?

You might enjoy it, kid. The film is like Waterworld, except there's no water. The world is in ruins, etc....except no water.

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah but Tom Petty ain't no Denns Hopper

Turbowars
04-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Man, can you guys please stay with one topic? I'm getting a headache. If you guys continue to post photos of yourself, can you please at least smile. Oh BTW WM stinks.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-02-2003, 10:04 PM
mine still has the new store smell

plasticfetish
04-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Yeah but Tom Petty ain't no Denns Hopper

That's for sure ... hmmm, get rid of Costner and just use Petty and Hopper. Sounds like a hit.

JediTricks
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Think before you speak and never assume what you do not know. But if one knows something, one wouldn't need to assume. ;)

And how long will this thread go???? Is there a record here at SirSteves? The top one I know of is 2523 posts - L.A. area Just Found news; it's post count is nearly double that of the #2 contender.

Sidiously Darth
04-02-2003, 11:56 PM
I wonder what Mod Dar' would have to say about you guys ragging on his place of employment.:eek:

Please understand that most of the people working there don't know and probably don't care. They're trying to do their job, get paid and go home. Some do it better and more friendly than others. That's how it is in retail. I should know. I've done that kind of work before.:D

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 01:02 AM
And don't forget the gills, all Wal-mart employees secretly have gills like Keven Costner in the original version of Water World.

The only thing that I remember about Water World is when Kevin Costner is peeing into some filter thing, then drinks the filtered substance. Oh, and that the movie was way overbudget, which stinks, just like Wal-Mart.

See I tied it into the subject! :D

TheDarthVader
04-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Waterworld is a good movie! IMO I really like the idea of the ice caps melting and the whole world becoming water (except for that small part that they found which was probably the top of Mt. Everest). It's intersting to me...I own the movie on DVD...which is why I had to point out the "gill" location accurately. :)

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 07:12 PM
I farted in the toy aisle today and it made Wal-Mart stink.

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2003, 07:50 PM
This entire thread is starting to smell.:p

vorronsalive
04-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I can't believe you guys are still talking in this thread about nothing even remotely associated with star wars. If you keep this up, we could break the replies record. Over two thousand. At the rate you guys are going, we'll break it in no time.

Old Fossil
04-03-2003, 09:07 PM
They sell manure in the Wal-Mart garden center. It stinks, but it's a wholesome kind of stink, you know?

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Manure doesn't smell wholesome. It smells like holy poop. I wonder if Wal-Mart aired out yet.

bobafrett
04-04-2003, 12:47 AM
No Dar merely moved it to the "other" section.

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:19 AM
You didn't really tell him that ? :confused:

LOL, of course I never said he was ugly! WOW this thread just wont die, thats pretty darn cool lol.

plasticfetish
04-04-2003, 01:51 AM
Ooooh. Good to know that the rest of us still have a shot at you.

JEDIpartner
04-04-2003, 11:06 AM
manure is nice.

:eek:

TheDarthVader
04-04-2003, 02:30 PM
"Manure isn't that bad a word...it's made up of "ma" which is good and "newer" which is always good. Ma-newer. "-- George Costanza, Seinfeld

JediTricks
04-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Let's keep the flirting off the forums please, nobody comes here to hook up.

Turbowars
04-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Let's keep the flirting off the forums please, nobody comes here to hook up. What JT?, that has been my whole objective from the get go, Man I can't believe this. :evil:

Val Da Car
04-04-2003, 07:00 PM
The difference between backhanded slap and a arm cranking forward face SLAP!!!!!

;-)

TheDarthVader
04-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Does anyone's target stink too? Mine does...they NEVER have any of the figures I am looking for. I think, since the logo of Target is red and white, the "hot wheels guy" always beats me to the hard to find figures. But anyways, my Target STINKS! And worse than my wal-mart too! :)

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 06:00 PM
JB, you mean to tell me that you havn't seen the 40 year olds run to the hot wheels section? They do it everyday around here, Oh and Target sucks *** to around here.

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 06:46 PM
I never see them turbo, I don't go to stores much lately and when I do go I go to the Sta Wars section. If I see a Hot Wheels guy next time, I will slap him in the face tho, and tell him "shame on you" :-)

Give him a slap for me too.

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey, collectors have the right to collect whatever they want. For some people it's Matchbox or Hotwheels cars, others like Star Wars figures. Think about it from the car collectors perspective, they probably think that we are nuts for collecting the plastic playthings. I was at a Wal-Mart a week ago, and some of the car collectors were also looking for SW figures for another collector. It's good to make friends and not enemies.

plasticfetish
04-06-2003, 07:36 PM
I still can't get over that! Hot Wheels isn't a collectible.

I know ... you're right ... uhhh, you don't have any old red line Hot Wheels from when you were a kid lying around do you? I'd take those non-collectables off your hands there. Silly Hot Wheels collectors. (*Joking*) You're being serious? Hot Wheels are pretty much the biggest toy collectable out there I'd say. The low price and huge variety make it an extra-special thrill for all of the Hot Wheels folk. Not to mention, Mattel seems to keep the supply and endless variety of every car flowing. If you want to have fun ... wait until a few of the hard-core collectors have left the pegs and then wander over, pick up a random car and shout, "Oh my God! A treasure hunt car! I can't believe it!" Then walk away. Chances are good that one or two might follow you around the store waiting to see if you'll put it down. Take it over to the womens underwear section and stash it ... wait to see if they dig for it ... oh, the fun!

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2003, 07:39 PM
I was at a Wal-Mart a week ago, and some of the car collectors were also looking for SW figures for another collector. It's good to make friends and not enemies.

No offense, but how naive can you be? You've been shammed my friend. They were looking for SW to trade for Hot Wheels. They'll buy anything HOT, and take it to collectable shops to trade for Hot Wheels car that the Walmart/Target/Kmart/ToysRus/KB employees cherry picked out of the cases in the stock room. I've seen it happen over and over and over.

I know for a FACT that Hot Wheels guys around Orlando are buying up SW to trade for Hot Wheels/CA$H at a certain shop here in the Metro area, or sell on eBAY.

Here's a bit of proof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3124426326&category=2476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3124724035&category=2476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3124558100&category=2476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3125920707

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=224&item=3510935422

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=224&item=3511595422

Yeah, Hot Wheels and SW guys, living in harmony.....BULLCHIPS!!

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Not all of us who collect Hot Wheels are these money grubbing trolls you think us to be.

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Say what you will, I already had got the figures I needed, and these guys got their little cars, and then went and stashed the SW figures in behind some other toys for their collecting SW buddy. That was just one example, and I'm sure that other matchbox collectors will trade sw figures for their habit.

Personally, I have no interest what so ever in the cars. My friends and I used to smash the cars into each other, but we were just kids then. At least thay haven't gone up in price, as far as I know.

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Not all of us who collect Hot Wheels are these money grubbing trolls you think us to be.

I wasn't directing the comment at ALL Hot Wheels collectors. A friend of mine collected SW and HW, but got tired of "fighting" with our area's HW guys over Treasure Hunts and new cars. The HW guys would always pass snide remarks to him like "Hey man, pick one or the other. If you collect SW, leave OUR HW alone."
I am NOT making this up. If they see you buying SW, and then head into THEIR HW, they'll throw a hissy fit.
Maybe guys in your area are different, but in Orlando, it's one or the other, or else you face the wrath of the HW guys.
Even when I go into Walmart (which isn't often) to look for SW, if a start heading towards the HW to look for something for my son, a couple of the HW guys will start asking me "What's HOT in SW right now?", or they'll say "Here we go!!", implying that I'm digging into THEIR hobby.

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 08:38 PM
I never see anyone around the stuff in the greater Cincinnati area. By stuff, I mean Star Wars and Hot Wheels. Granted I don't hang out and wait around for hours, but I've never encountered another person looking at the stuff with me or asking me questions. I can think of one incident where an older woman had a list of figures at a Toys R Us, but this was back when Grand Moff Tarkin first became available. Other than that, I am always solo in my crusades of looking at HW and SW.

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2003, 09:03 PM
SW collectors ain't all that high and mighty either. I actually have a funny story that happend to me about 2-3 weeks ago.
My friend Steve (the SW/HW guy I mentioned above), called me on a Friday night, and I asked if I wanted to go on a toyrun with him Saturday morning. I figured, what he heck, so we decided to meet at a Target near by. I showed up at 7:55am, just before the store opened, and there was Steve, and 3 other guys waiting for the store to open. 1 was a HWs guy, the other 2 were father and son (25 yo, not a kid). When I walked up, the father yells out "OH!! There must be something here today if HE'S here." Mind you, I've NEVER met this guy in my life, but I knew his son, from when he worked at one of the now defunct scalper shops. My friend Steve tells me to ignore him, so I do. Then I overhear him talking about "Guess I'll have to run to gt what I want today."
I looked at Steve thinking, this guy RUNS? Steve just nodded his head and said under his breath, "This guy is an a-hole."
Finally, 8am, and the doors open. The father and son start power walking towards the Toy Dept. The HW guy casually strolls in, and Steve and I are behind them. I decide to cut through the registers just to be a smart***, and this gets the father NUTS. He starts screaming across Target, at 8am, "OHHHH, I SEE HOW IT IS. SHORTCUT HUH?" I just ignore him and head towards the toy dept. As we get closer he starts saying "IT'S THE HOME STRETCH, YOU'D BETTER SPEED UP!!" He passed a comment to my friend Steve about wishing he had a gun to pick me off. Steve told him he better watch his mouth, 'cause I had a short fuse (which is BS, just making fun of the guy). I turn into the SW aisle, and his son is breathing down my neck while I'm flipping through the SW figures. 2 figures back, find an Ephant Mon (one of the 3 I sold on here). The Dad sees me pick a figure off the pegs and starts screaming "WHAT DID HE GET TOM, WHAT DID HE GET!!" The son looks at my hand, and says in the whinniest of voices I've ever heard, "He got the Ephant Mon :( " The Dad start SCREAMING. "GOD DAMMIT, IT FIGURES. THE ONE THING HE JUST HAD TO GET!!!. FORGET IT, I QUIT, YOU JUST CAN'T WIN AROUND HERE!!!" He also through the MF bomb around a couple of times. I turned at looked at the guy like he was a friggin' nut job, and just shook my head. I walked away from the SW figures, so sonny would quit huffin' and puffin' on me. I asked Steve, who was lookign through the HW, "Should I give this to the guy so he'll shut up?" Steve said "NO WAY!!!" The guy already has Ephant Mon, I've seen him buy a couple already last week when they were here. If you put it down, I'll buy it just so this guy can't." So Steve and I decide to leave, when we hear "Dad, I found another one!" I guess I missed one since junior was breathing on my like a horny 13 yo on his girlfriend's neck. Then Dad SCREAMS "I GUESS YOU DIDN'T GET THEM ALL, DID YA BUDDY!!"

Needless to say, I'm glad I bought the Ephant Mon, 'cause it helped out someone on the forums, but I'm SO glad I buy my cases online, just so I never have to deal with guys like that again.

True Story...every bit of it.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2003, 09:10 PM
DANG! That's just amazing to me! And darn glad I profited off of it heheheeee :D

Val Da Car
04-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow I wish some people could just relax....I was in KBtoys today picking up figures as part of the instant reward program and after my KBToy club card was used I had 14 figures (arena building...geo warriors) 2 jedi starfighters and one more gunship for a total of $68 and some tax....

Otherwise at $6 per figure for KB standard price I would have walked out with only the figures and no ships....

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2003, 09:14 PM
KBs in ORLANDO have all SAGA figures for $4.99. They have the 4 packs for only $9.99, too. I still need the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-wan pack in, but alas, they are gone from the shelves around here. Scalpers no doubt.......j/k of course. Well, maybe a little :D

Val Da Car
04-06-2003, 09:22 PM
KB online has them...
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1509879/ctid/17/ls/toys

as part of the promotion online some figures get an extra on included at the $4.99 price.

Here SE Wisconsin...(bbrrrrrr another cold front coming thru)....
they are $2.99 for mostly old figures....marked down from $5.99....lots of Hans, Chewbacca, Obi Pilots, DJ Puhr....and a few others....they are out of Geo Warriors....cause of me.........sorry if it gets someone mad but I fall under Typho's class of army building....for Dioramas.

now I going back on old figures to recreate new scenes....

like the Yavin 4 shipyard from Ep 4......need more droids.....

and a Imperial shipyard with all the fixins.....

I might actually have a use for the Anakin Peasant Disguide figure...or at least the box that came with him...

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 10:20 PM
That was a funny story DarthChuckMc. I remember people ransacking the ailses when I worled in retail. I had a TRU across the entrance and people would be lined up at 7:30 just to get in. I was always P.O.'ed becuase I could never get anything good by the time I went in their on my break. I would see them in the entrance way holding all these good finds. They would hog up all the exclusives.
They would then come into my store and do the same thing, but my advantage was to raid the stockrooms. So I guess what goes around comes around.

I could never understand collecting hot wheels. I hear collectors talking about how some of the cars are worth 40 dollars. My thought is how can a toy car as mass produced as HW be worth so much. I could never keep up woth allthe new stuff. just glad I am not into cars at all. I'll just stick to my SW figs.

And my Wally world stinks because they haven't gotten any new figures in for two months now.

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 01:34 AM
The sad thing is, this running and yelling isn't something new. Since 96, I have seen it all. Guys pushing people out of the way, running to the sw section and buying 10 of each figure, you know that kind of stuff. I got sucked into running back in 97 because that was the only way to get what you wanted. I was able the score all of the blue FF wave by running, I was much younger then too, so don't get all mad LOL. Now I'd like to smack the crap out of these guys. Oh and is it just me or does most HW collectors look like they live in their cars?

Tonysmo
04-07-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey DarthChuck... was I the lucky one to get that Ephant Mon?

It'll just make it that much more special!!

as for HW.. ( cough ) do the NASCAR ones count? In 96 I found a Mark Martin chase car at KB.. think it was $6 or something... now, I don't know the ins and outs of regular HW but at the time I was really into NASCAR and knew that car was an awesome find.. I HAD to pick it up.. and of course, its not about the money, but that car is worth at least 80-100 bucks.. needless to say, That one single find was the thrill of year for me. and yes, I still have it. now if I could only find the gordon one..

plasticfetish
04-07-2003, 05:17 AM
LOL. If anyone has a pic of a HW guys, please post it?
Sure ... http://www.fs-collectibles.com/images/vendor_hot_4b.jpg

OK now, not all Hot Wheels collectors are animals. The ones that stand out as being really obnoxious are pretty funny, but I think they're a minority. For a while, back when they were doing reissues of some of the vintage cars ... I was collecting Hot Wheels. I think the current Hot Wheels craze started around then (the 25th anniversary) ... I'd peek around for one or two only to be nudged aside by the more "intense" collectors in our area. The manager at our local TRU used to stack all of the cases by the door and then the "Hot Wheels guys" would gather around a kiddy pool on the floor. He'd open the cases and dump them into the pool and watch them go at it like sharks. My wife and I had wandered in one evening to see this ... perhaps one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had at Toys R Us. But, singling these collectors out over any other is kind of silly. I've seen similar behavior from Star Wars and GI Joe collectors. My favorite are the GI Joe collectors that meet up wearing fatigues or even full uniforms. Now THAT is hard-core.

bobafrett
04-07-2003, 02:26 PM
So Steve and I decide to leave, when we hear "Dad, I found another one!" I guess I missed one since junior was breathing on my like a horny 13 yo on his girlfriend's neck. Then Dad SCREAMS "I GUESS YOU DIDN'T GET THEM ALL, DID YA BUDDY!!"

Needless to say, I'm glad I bought the Ephant Mon, 'cause it helped out someone on the forums, but I'm SO glad I buy my cases online, just so I never have to deal with guys like that again.

True Story...every bit of it.

First, I would have turned around and punched the guy after he made the remark about you not getting them all. What a jerk. On second thought, he'll get what's coming to him, so best to leave the idiot alone.

Back when the 12" Han and TaunTaun were the hard to find item, I got to a TRU a little before they opened. I saw several guys there, who also shopped/collected that would come running into the Wal-Mart store where I worked at 7 am. Based on the fact that they would go running through my Wal-Mart, I realized that they would do the same at this TRU. Sure enough, store opens, and off they go. I get to the SW isle just in time to see one of the guys pick up the only Han on TaunTaun. Several other collectors left with him. I walked around the store feeling a little down, when I gaze up on the riser, and I see a large cardboard box with small writing on the side "Han w/TaunTaun", I asked an employee if they would mind getting the box down. Inside the box were 2 12" Han and TaunTaun. I bought one, and thought about buying the second one, but I figured I would let someone else get one, and hopefully it wouldn't be a scalper.

I still see a HW collector, and he runs to one of the three stores in my area, looking for the HW cars just before the store closes. I see him run to his car, so he can make it to the next store before 10 pm. I thought about going today, but I have other responsibilitys, like dishes and laundry. Maybe I'll do battle with the early morning collectors tomorrow, NOT!

Dr Zoltar
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Oh man, this gives me images of the "Cabbage Patch" rush that used to happen in the '80's. People getting trampled for toys that can now be found at garage sales.

I haven't witnessed any rushes of scalpers lately. When the figures were released for Ep 1, I attempted to go to TRU for their midnight sale, but the line was 100+ people long so I went back to bed. I hit Wal-Mart the next morning at 7 am and there were less than 10 people waiting. Got everything I wanted and nobody ran to the toys or was rude.

I hit a Target next and same thing. There were maybe 5 of us and no running or pushing. We even helped find things for the others.

But today, I only find the new SW stuff if I can get to a Wal-Mart around 7 or 8 in the morning before I have to head in to work. I'm usually the only one in the toy isle so I wonder if the scalpers are still sleeping in. I do see people ask stockers (usually at TRU) to bring out fresh cases of Hot Wheels to dig through and the stockers actually do it. What are the special cars they are looking for anyway? I don't have a clue when it comes to $.96 die cast cars...

TheDarthVader
04-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Wow...interesting stories everyone. I just think it sucks when the hw guy buys the star wars just to sell therefore, none of us collectors can ever find the new stuff or what we need to fill the holes in our collections. Geez...I don't go into the hw section just to try to find hard to find cars so I can sell them.

vorronsalive
04-07-2003, 09:18 PM
I know ... you're right ... uhhh, you don't have any old red line Hot Wheels from when you were a kid lying around do you? I'd take those non-collectables off your hands there. Silly Hot Wheels collectors. (*Joking*) You're being serious? Hot Wheels are pretty much the biggest toy collectable out there I'd say. The low price and huge variety make it an extra-special thrill for all of the Hot Wheels folk. Not to mention, Mattel seems to keep the supply and endless variety of every car flowing. If you want to have fun ... wait until a few of the hard-core collectors have left the pegs and then wander over, pick up a random car and shout, "Oh my God! A treasure hunt car! I can't believe it!" Then walk away. Chances are good that one or two might follow you around the store waiting to see if you'll put it down. Take it over to the womens underwear section and stash it ... wait to see if they dig for it ... oh, the fun!

OMG, Thank you plasticfetish for telling me such an amusing thing to do. I'll admit, I had my doubts, but I decided to try your tresure hunt trick and let me tell you, I nearly died laughing that day. I went into my local wal-mart and looked at the star wars toys, and just as I started looking, three middle aged guys started searching through the hot wheels. I finished searching the star wars figures and just as the men were pulling away, I went to the HW's and picked up one and said loud enough so they could here me "I don't believe it, a tresure hunt car!!" The men immediately turned back to the hot wheels, and just as I was walking away, they started to follow me. I went to the mens department and put the HW inside a pair of pants, put the pants at the bottom of the stack and walked away. Sure enough, two of the men started digging inside the pants to see what car I hid. As they pulled the car out of the pair of pants, I jetted out of the department and left Wal-Mart. As I was leaving, I heard the sound of cardboard and diecast hit the hard floor. It was the most fun I have ever had in a store in all my life. Thanks again Plasticfetish for introducing such a fun manuver to pull on the HW collectors, This is one of those things that I will never forget and whenever I think about it, it will always bring a smile to my face. THANK YOU.

DarthChuckMc
04-07-2003, 09:25 PM
one word...

tee hee

ok..it's 2 words, but who's counting :D

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 09:51 PM
LOL that's great. You know what would be better, to set up a trip wire and watch their head hit the hard shiny floor when they start to run or power walk. I know I little harsh, but I'd pay to see that. :evil: :crazed: .................................................. ................................Disclaimer: do not attempt or serious injury will acure.

JediTricks
04-07-2003, 10:06 PM
what's the difference between moderator and super moderator I have mod abilities in every forum section, as well as limited admin abilities.

I like Hot Wheels, and it's been a while since Matchbox could compete on the same quality level (especially since Mattel bought Matchbox). I don't like Matchbox axles at all, and most of the undercarriages have gone to pot since the '80s. I buy maybe 20 HW cars a year depending on designs, nothing rare, just stuff I like. And I open them all. I'm not one of those guys who hangs out at TRU for 30 mins before opening and then makes a mad dash to beat out the other collectors there for the rare cars and Treasure Hunts.

Here in LA, most of the WMs, TRUs, and Targets no longer seem to stock Hot Wheels or Star Wars much - everything seems to get sold out the back door now - not all employees do this, but far too many toy managers are corrupt so even the helpful employees can't do much. It's pretty frustrating when you have to find new figures at KB and Kmart - the dregs of retail collecting.

plasticfetish
04-07-2003, 11:35 PM
OMG, Thank you plasticfetish for telling me such an amusing thing to do.
No problem! If only I could get my family to say that more often ...

I'll admit ... one of the best stories I've ever heard was the day that my mother-in-law did find a treasure hunt car ... right in front of a bunch of diehard collectors. They freaked ... tried to get it off of her ... and the story ends with that car being the only treasure hunt I've ever seen (and own today.)

You know JT I think with this being Southern California and Mattel being local ... Hot Wheels are just that hard to find sometimes. The stores in my area seem to keep the stock rolling in pretty good though (I dunno, I only look when they reissue redlines.)

... oh yeah, Wal-Mart may or may not stink.

JediTricks
04-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Mattel is here, but the toys are shipped in from the plants in Asia I believe. It's not like Rhode Island is stuffed with SW. ;)

I've actually seen guys buying cases off employees, they brag about it and then they return the stuff they can't use later thus stuffing the store with old dreck.

I guess the WMs aren't to blame, only the unpleasant collecting atmosphere that's created by the collecting community at large. Oh, and the regular employees and department managers who support the scalpers and the store managers who allow the dept managers to do this.

plasticfetish
04-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Mattel is here, but ...
Yeah, no ... I meant in the sense that it's a big part of the local culture. A lot of the guys in their 40's and up that I see collecting are guys that are into cars in general. Sure, many of them are just packrats and don't really care beyond the going price for whatever's "rare". But still, like any other toy collecting hobby ... there's plenty that collect because of nostalgia and because it's a little portable piece of Southern California car culture.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 01:37 AM
Yeah, no ... I meant in the sense that it's a big part of the local culture. A lot of the guys in their 40's and up that I see collecting are guys that are into cars in general. Sure, many of them are just packrats and don't really care beyond the going price for whatever's "rare". But still, like any other toy collecting hobby ... there's plenty that collect because of nostalgia and because it's a little portable piece of Southern California car culture. OOHHHHH! I thought you meant because Mattel's headquarters are in El Segundo.

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 02:29 PM
I saw the hot wheels guy the other day. He was a man, about 48 years old. He had a younger son with him. He wore a jeff gordon hat and plain clothes. He searched through all of the hotwheels, pulling out the ones that suited him. It is kinda funny to see them trying to hold all of those cars! :D

Tonysmo
04-15-2003, 03:24 AM
Please leave Jeff Gordon outta this.. he has no bearing on old guys who collect hotweels..

and yes.. ( cough ) I have my own small Jeff Gordon collection..

62 career wins!!