PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day!!!

Pages : [1] 2

The 'Xir
03-31-2003, 09:03 PM
AWWW YYEEEAAAAAHHHH BABY!!!!

Opening Day is here, and my Bucs smoked the reds!!! It's great to have the first day done and over with, now it's time to get dirty! You guys probably won't see me as much, as most of my time online will be dealing with my fantasy teams!!!

HAHAHAHAAA How about prettyboy Jeter!!! Went out crying like the little (you know what) that he is!

How about NoMo runs Nomo, with the complete game shoutout!!! He's on my rotation and kickin' it early with a whopping 54 points(according to my league rules atleast)

who do you guys follow? Go Bucs!!!:Pirate:

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2003, 09:12 PM
I won't laugh at Jeter, even if I think he's just a pretty boy and nothing more. Dislocations hurt, and I felt his pain.

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 10:09 PM
No Jeter is definitely not something pto laugh at. Dislocated shoulder.....ouch. But the YANKEES still kicked but, and I have half their lineup on my team. 1 down 161 to go. Get the rings ready and a flag will be raised in the Bronx next opening day. Ya heard it here first.

The 'Xir
03-31-2003, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes: Down with the Yankees I say!!! 1 down 20-something to go! I say Steinbrenner should be next, then maybe Williams or Soriano! Toronto will get'em one way or another! Who Cares really! AL Sucks! Get some real pitchers who aren't afraid to step up to the plate!!! NL RULES!!!! GO BUCS!!!!:Pirate: :cool:

stillakid
03-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
who do you guys follow? Go Bucs!!!:Pirate:

Aye. It's a long way to shout, but I do what I can from this side of the country. :Pirate:

Kidhuman
03-31-2003, 10:38 PM
BUCS? They have who for pitching? Yeah they won today but I could get 9 guys from SSG to beat the Reds.:p

bobafrett
03-31-2003, 11:28 PM
Cubs cream the Mets 15 - 2, eat that with your morning toast Mets fans! :D

Cubs 1-0 on the season, Go Sammy, Go Cubs!

Tonysmo
04-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Its like that DMX song, Rollin Rollin Rollin.. Scott Rolen... 3 run HOMERUN!!

Cardinals ROCK.. say hello to your NL pennant winners.. I know its early, but you'll all be seeing red in the end..

GO CARDS!!

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
Its like that DMX song, Rollin Rollin Rollin.. Scott Rolen... 3 run HOMERUN!!GO CARDS!!

And to think I traded him to you. Well if someone has to mess up a Yankee shut-out at least it was Hinske.

Originally posted by bobafrett
Cubs cream the Mets 15 - 2, eat that with your morning toast Mets fans! :D

Yeah down with the Mets. I hate them and I am glad they got slaughtered. Sammy will hit no. 500 today.

Trip J
04-01-2003, 12:42 PM
STOP THE SEASON RIGHT NOW!!!

The Cubs are in first place!

WooHoo!!

bobafrett
04-01-2003, 12:51 PM
I agree, the World Series should start today! But then what will I do the rest of the summer?

bobafett07728
04-01-2003, 03:07 PM
I am really excited about baseball. I don't have a favorite team, I just watch it all. However, this is the first season I will be watching in which my boy Rickey Henderson does not have a team. I am a little upset about this, I am hoping someone picks him up during the season. Otherwise. . . PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!

BTW. . . I love when Nomo pitches well. I have always been a fan of his, and hated it when he played for crap teams like the Mets and Tigers. The guy got no run support and all of a sudden everyone says "He sucks." I am glad to see he has "bounced back" with the Bosox, and now the Dodgers.

The Overlord Returns
04-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Waitaminute.............

Are you telling me people actually LIKE baseball????? ;)

James Boba Fettfield
04-01-2003, 04:32 PM
What's not to like about it?

The Overlord Returns
04-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
What's not to like about it?

Well, personally I find it slightly less exciting than watching paint dry...or televised golf. It's one of those sports, like curling, where you don't have to really be an "athlete" to play the game....

However, the above post was just a wee joke.

JediTricks
04-01-2003, 05:01 PM
"Blernsball Fever - Contract It!"

Bel-Cam Jos
04-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Cubs are only in 1st because the P in Pittsburgh is later in the alphabet. Who do the Buccos have to throw the leather and twine? Kris Benson, Josh Fogg, and, uh, well, is Bob Walk still playing? ;)

Arr! :Pirate:

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Don't worry it doesn't matter who is in first place in the NL. Yankees will slaughter any and all competiton in October. Derek Jeter, who needs him. The Bucs and Cubs do, but the Yankees will keep him for now.

The 'Xir
04-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Bucco's 3-0 Baby!!!!! AWW YEAH, It's a beautiful thing! Oh and in answer to Kidhuman and back up Bel-cam there's also: Kip Wells, Jeff Suppan, Jeff D'Amico, Scott Sauerbeck and the best closer in baseball... Mike Williams!!!

So learn them because by the end of the season you'll know them as the best pitching staff in baseball! Go BUCS!!!

James Boba Fettfield
04-03-2003, 05:40 PM
So Cincinnati has two nice stadiums (granted the field at Brown sucks), but no competitive teams to use them. I guess it's my destiny to be born in the city that makes loser teams with good stadiums. If I go this year to the GAP, at least I can appreciate how nice it is.

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 06:07 PM
Bucco's 3-0 Baby!!!!! AWW YEAH, It's a beautiful thing! Oh and in answer to Kidhuman and back up Bel-cam there's also: Kip Wells, Jeff Suppan, Jeff D'Amico, Scott Sauerbeck and the best closer in baseball... Mike Williams!!!

So learn them because by the end of the season you'll know them as the best pitching staff in baseball! Go BUCS!!!

Best pitching staff.............I believe that is untrue. You will never get better than Johnson-Schilling combo. You can never go as deep as the Bronx Line-up....Clemens,Pettite, Mussina,Wells, Weaver, Contreras....oh and yes the BEST closer in the history of the game....Rivera. 4 rings to prove it. Bucs got.............?????????????

The 'Xir
04-04-2003, 12:19 AM
I SAID AT THE END OF THE SEASON!

Out with the old, in with the new!!!

Benson, Fogg, Wells, Suppan, D'Amico, Sauerbeck, and Williams!!!
(and don't forget: Beimel, Boehringer, Reyes, Tavarez, and Torres)
Watch and see baby!!!(and don't get me wrong they may not all make it) However, out of many..rise a few, watch and see baby... watch and see!
PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES!!!
GO BUCS!!!

QLD
04-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Man....the Braves are stinking it up so far this year.....errors galore.....

well, screw it. GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!

....In My Pants!

bobafrett
04-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Cubs are 2-1, while the Chicago White Sox are 0-3. Just the way I like it! Can't wait until Sunday June 29th, because I'll be watching the Cubs beat the Sox in Comisky, or whatever they're calling the ballpark these days.

The 'Xir
04-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Old Comisky :)

James Boba Fettfield
04-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Take that Chicago! Finally a Reds win in the Great American!

bobafrett
04-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Yes, but Sammy hit his 500th homerun, so I really don't care. We'll get you Reds tomorrow! At least they haven't changed Wrigley Field (yet)!

James Boba Fettfield
04-05-2003, 12:39 AM
We shall see, bobafrett.*

*JBF does not assume any responsibility should the Reds lose tomorrow.

bobafrett
04-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
We shall see, bobafrett.*

*JBF does not assume any responsibility should the Reds lose tomorrow.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :D :D :D :D

Now that's a good one JBF, that is why I don't bet on these games. I like to keep the money I make!

Kidhuman
04-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Yankees undefeated. Giambi is a powerhouse. Gotta love it.

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 03:03 AM
Ha JBF! Too bad we didn't make a freindly little wager, eh? Any word on K.G. Jr's seperated shoulder?

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Last I read the injury is supposed to keep him out for awhile. They said the doctor had to try several times to put his shoulder back in place. Maybe next season he'll play all year.

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 03:22 PM
He is supposed to be out up to 10 weeks according to ESPN. I had him on my fantasy team and it killed me. I went and dropped him and picked up Vlad Guerroro. What a pick up. I can't believe Tonysmo dropped him. Thanks.

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Now I wish I had laughed at Jeter. That's the last time I don't laugh at the pretty boy's misfortune and have one of my own hurt from the same injury.

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Once again, take that Cubs!

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Arrrgghhh, your Reds are in for a good ol' fashion butt whooping when they come face us in the friendly confines!

*Will not bet any money on the above mentioned statement*

Tonysmo
04-07-2003, 01:43 AM
I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in
the fantasy league, Kidhuman...

(grinning) They'll do their job well, I'll
guarantee that...

The 'Xir
04-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Speaking of, how are you guys doing in your fantasy leagues so far?

I'm in one on Sandbox.com (http://www.sandbox.com) where i'm 1-1. I lost my first game to a questionable roster move/possible computer error! grrrrrrrr!!!

Tonysmo
04-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Rogue2 Force Outs is in the lead
followed by Kidhumans
the Shiftys Sluggers
ME
Bobafett
and Quite Long (you know were not allowed to say the last part )is in last place..

of course this is all temporary cause I will be making my way to the top of this list in the next few weeks...

GO CARDS!!

The 'Xir
04-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Tony?- I don't know what your reasoning was, but how could you drop Vlady? He's like the 2nd or 3rd most sought after player after Arod and maybe Bonds!!! What we're you thinking!

Also, can anyone tell me what's up with Piazza? I think that susspension has really thrown him off his game! Fortunately I have Santiago as a backup and he's had an amazing start(for him atleast)!!

Kidhuman
04-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Oh Mna....Tonysmo is kicking my butt this week. Pedro gives up 10 runs and blows my ERA to oblivion. 2 rain outs and there goes your week. I ttried to get Vlad but Rogue II beat me to it. Had to get Tim Salmon instead, no Vlad but good enough.

Mike Piazza is just getting old. He is gonna have to switch position cause his knees are shot and I think it is affecting his hitting.The suspension should have nothing to do with him sucking it up at the plate.

Tonysmo
04-14-2003, 01:47 AM
What was I thinking? hmmmm... I was thinking that beyond the Cardinals, and a few other huge stars I have no real idea on whos who in the baseball world.. I do know a few.. but not too many.. as this is my 1st baseball fantasy league.. HOWEVER... Once Football season arrives, prepare yourselves.. I didnt have the chance to play in your league last year but this year will be quite different..

I think I dropped Vlad for another Cardinal anyhow.. Which makes it ok in my book.. I cant recall without looking..

I do know my shortstop hit TWO yes TWO homeruns tonight.. so that makes me all giddy inside.. WHOO HOOOOO!!!

Its all in good fun regardless..

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Oh Yes, going to see the Cubs play the Reds today, Live Woo Hoo, and Yippeeee.....I feel like a young Anakin!

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, the guy who was going to provide transportation to the game never came around, and the other guy I know, had the tickets, so I just watched the game on TV as the Cuns whipped some Reds butt.

Kidhuman
04-15-2003, 11:36 PM
That sux. I love going to Baseball games. There is nothing like 50k+ fans going crazy. The atmosphere is awesome. I have to get back to the Bronx soon. Haven't been to a game in almost 3 years. Maybe I will take a trip to Baltimore soon and catch a Yankee-Oriole game.

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Tell me about it, I was mad, I wasted part of my day waiting for the guy with the tickets to call, and tell me that the guy who was driving was on his way. Sammy knocks his 501st dinger, and Estes has an awesome outing, and the Cubs go on to win it 11-1. I would have spilled my beer getting up and cheering with as many times as the Cubs were getting on base. It was a gorgeous day for baseball here in the windy city.

The 'Xir
04-16-2003, 02:25 AM
Hey Kid H- Have you been to Camden Yards before? If not you should definitely plan that tirp!!! It's the ballpark that most all modern parks are based on, but it's still one if not the best(of the new ones)! I can't remember the name of the street(some f'd up name that begins with U I think) but get there ealry, so you can hang out on that brick street right behind right field!!! Great atmosphere, great food, and pretty cool bars along that stretch!, plus that's where the standing room only section is, which is pretty cool to watch a couple innings from! I'm not even an orioles fan, hell I'm not even an AL fan, but you got me excited just taking about it, I'll have to call up my sis down there and plan a trip myself! :D

he can't hit, he can't-it, hecan't-it he can't hit...SaWING Batahaaa! :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Hey Kid H- Have you been to Camden Yards before? If not you should definitely plan that tirp!!! It's the ballpark that most all modern parks are based on, but it's still one if not the best(of the new ones)! I can't remember the name of the street(some f'd up name that begins with U I think) but get there ealry, so you can hang out on that brick street right behind right field!!! Great atmosphere, great food, and pretty cool bars along that stretch!, plus that's where the standing room only section is, which is pretty cool to watch a couple innings from! I'm not even an orioles fan, hell I'm not even an AL fan, but you got me excited just taking about it, I'll have to call up my sis down there and plan a trip myself! :D

he can't hit, he can't-it, hecan't-it he can't hit...SaWING Batahaaa! :crazed:

No I haven't been yet but want to go. I had an interview with a company today. Me and the guy were talking about baseball and he told me that they get tickets all the time for Camden yards. I am definitley gonna take advantage of that. I mean it is only 3 hours from me so I will drive and stay the night. ANd the name of the street is Utah street.

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 12:52 PM
What happened last night in Chicago was horrible. I mean a fan attacking an umpire. That guy got what he deserved. I saw Royals kicking him and punching him too! Man that is the second time in 7 months and 6 of those months they were off. They need to stop serving beer at that park.

bobafrett
04-16-2003, 03:37 PM
That's why I'm glad I'm not a Sox fan. They are making Chicago look bad. I've been to Comisky 4 times in my Cubs jersey, and never got into any altercations though.

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
One of the best times I had at a game was a Yankee-Met game. Sure we yelled at eachother but nothing that led to a fight. I even made ESPN that night. Jeter hit a homer in the 6th and I raced through the crowd. I had a METS SUCK t-shirt on under an open Yankee Jersey.

On BB Tonight Peter Gammons was doing the in depth analysis of the series and said "In the Bronx the lunatics run the asylum" and there I was running through the crowd. I wish I would have known I would of taped it.

The 'Xir
04-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
ANd the name of the street is Utah street.

R U sure about that? Maybe it wasn't Camden, but I though it was, the street really had some f'ed up name! Actually maybe it is, but it's pronounced like Utah, but spelled like...i don't know, believe it or not I think it might even start with an E like ewtaug. Or utaugh, or ewtaugh maybe even eutaw!
I don't know, aren't their any O's fans here? :confused:

The 'Xir
04-20-2003, 02:04 AM
Alright who do you guys think will really win this season? Yanks? A's? Cubs? Giants?...Royals?!!! ya, never know! who's the tops?!

bobafrett
04-20-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm always a believer in the Cubs, and my mom would beat me down if I went with any other team. But really, the Cubs are looking really good, they laid down a whoopin on the Reds last week, then they come up with 5 runs in the 10th last night to beat the Pirates! All the non believers tell me the Cubs can't keep it up for the rest of the season. I've been told the Cubs means Completly Useless By September. We'll see!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Bobafrett- as a fellow Cubbie fan (i was born in Rolling Meadows and lived in arlington heights) i must share your joyful outlook on the season thus far. The Cubs are looking in fine form this season and I think they have a mighty lot of potential this season to do some great things. Though, you gotta admit, that "Completely Useless by September" thing is really hella clever. :D

as for the Sox thing, it truly is a shame cause it does make the city and the baseball organization look really crappy. I was glad to see that one ball player on the Royals jumped on the guy with his knees, that was too funny. I do think the 250,000 bond is a little much though; i guess the judge was a Sox fan. that's what i love about Cubs fans though, we can all head up to Wrigley and have a good time, even if it was a bad season for the Cubs. the Cubs could be in dead last place and they'd still draw a near full house. Just my thoughts. Cheers! :D

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 11:29 AM
I gotta say the Yanks. I was born in the Brinx and raised around a family full of Yankee fans. They are definitley the team to beat this year. The Royals will fall once they finish playing the Tigers and Indians.

As far as the NL. They are alot of teams playing well. Cubbies, Giants, Astros, Phillies, Expos, Cards. That is gonna be a good race especially if the Mets, Braves and D-backs start playing to their potential. All in all I think the Yankees are gonna take it. They seem unstppable right no and Giambi is playing like poo-poo.

Kidhuman
04-20-2003, 11:30 AM
R U sure about that? Maybe it wasn't Camden, but I though it was, the street really had some f'ed up name! Actually maybe it is, but it's pronounced like Utah, but spelled like...i don't know, believe it or not I think it might even start with an E like ewtaug. Or utaugh, or ewtaugh maybe even eutaw!
I don't know, aren't their any O's fans here? :confused:

It is pronounced Utah but spelled incredibly different. Some od combo of letters that makes that pronunciation.:crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
04-20-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm expecting the superb, high scoring, butt kicking Bizarro world Tigers to take it all this year. That being said, Go Reds. (notice my lack of exclamation point, for my entusiasm has already left me)

The 'Xir
04-20-2003, 04:11 PM
LOL, yeah the reds and tigers aren't looking to impressive so far, just keep telling yourself that it's rebuilding year...just like the last 30-some odd years! ;) Then again, I'm playing the waiting game too... Come ON Bucco's this is your year!!! Go Pirates!!! :rolleyes:

Lobito
04-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Who has the most HR in the league history (not in one season, but combined seasons)??? I heard that Sammy just connected no 504 and that he is in the 17 or 18 place in the most HR race.

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Hank Aaron has 755 total home runs. Babe Ruth is next with 714, then Willie Mays 660 and Barry Bonds is 4th with 619 and counting.

QLD
04-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Speaking of Braves (Aaron), they are finally playing much better, winning 7 of their last 8. Unfortunately, my fantasy team is doing LOWSY!

Lobito
04-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Wow, Bonds is still waay back from the #1 spot, and he aint a rokkie anymore...he needs 3 seasons hitting 50 average so he can reach the mark...how about Griffey Jr. he was supposed to be the youngest player to reach the 500th mark.:eek:

QLD
04-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Well, Griffey hasn't even played 100 games in the last 3 years. I don't think he will ever be the player he once was. He doesn't seem to have the fire to come back from all these injuries.

A-Rod became the youngest to 300 just recently, and I suspect he'll be the youngest to 500 as well.

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
Unfortunately, my fantasy team is doing LOWSY!

And I am playing you this week. :)

I think Sosa will break the record only to have it broken by A-Rod. Bonds has an outside chance at it. If he keeps his hitting up he will go to the AL when his contract runs out and be a DH.

James Boba Fettfield
04-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey, excellent no hitter by Millwood with his 10 K's. That was a fun game to watch.

QLD
04-27-2003, 03:38 PM
unfortunately....millwood plays for the phillies now....... ugh

James Boba Fettfield
04-27-2003, 03:46 PM
I saw the Braves won, too bad Oritz couldn't do a complete game. So close that one time being a strike away.

Tonysmo
04-29-2003, 01:25 AM
Is it OK to gloat a it in this thread... I mean, I currently lead in the fantasy league.. I'm certainly not sure of how long it will last, so here goes...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO IM IN THE LEAD!!

ok.. Im better.

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 08:41 AM
I mean, I currently lead in the fantasy league.. I'm certainly not sure of how long it will last

Not very long. (I hope):frus:

The 'Xir
05-01-2003, 12:29 AM
I wish I had joined up with you guys, but I was in 2 leagues already, and I think 3 might be pushing it just a little!!! I don't get enough sleep as it is!!! ;)

bobafrett
05-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Nothing beats a Wednesday afternoon at the ballpark, especially if it's Wrigley field!!

Tonysmo
05-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Dude... was that the game that got rained out? you know.. The one where the Cardinals were KICKIN YER CUBBY BUTTS .... ( ok, 11-9 ) before they called the game? GAHHHHH!! I was sooo bumed that game got called...

Kidhuman
05-13-2003, 06:18 AM
My boss just asked me yesterday if I wanted tickets to go to Baltimore on July 5th to see the game. I was like "Hell Yeah". I think they play Toronto, but heck its a game and I have never been to Baltimore. If I get them great. I wanna go to Camden Yards.:D

bobafrett
05-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Dude... was that the game that got rained out? you know.. The one where the Cardinals were KICKIN YER CUBBY BUTTS .... ( ok, 11-9 ) before they called the game? GAHHHHH!! I was sooo bumed that game got called...

No, this was Wednesdays game against the Brewers. The Cubs won 2-1. I didn't even bother to watch Sundays game against the Cardinals as I thought it wouldn't even be played. The wind and rain were so God awful, I figured it wouldn't even start. Besides, the final score would have been Cubs 20 Cards19. :D

Tonysmo
05-14-2003, 02:37 AM
lmao... you know it..
see you in the playoffs..
then again...
maybe we wont.

bobafrett
05-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Oh, you mean because the Cubs will be there, and the Cardinals won't? Hee Hee. I've been waiting to see the Cubs get to the World Series, and do I hope this is the year.

I hope to see the Cardinals in the mix to come September.

Kidhuman
05-14-2003, 02:45 PM
You guys talking about National Minor League Baseball. It doesn't matter who will win the NL central or the NL pennant because you will meet the Yankee Juggernaut.

bobafrett
05-14-2003, 11:37 PM
I think the Cubs play the Yankme's sometime. We shall see then just how much of a Juggernaut they are then.

The 'Xir
05-15-2003, 02:10 AM
No No, Kidhumans right, whatever it takes Steinbrenner will do what ever it takes to BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP!!! F that and F the Yankees. Why don't they join a REAL leaguse like The NL, where the pitchers actually have to PLAY BASEBALL!!!

Oh-NO I'm an AL pitcher, I can't be taking batting pwactice or actually step up to the pwate, I have to pwrotect my wittle bitty arm. I wouldn't want to get hurt or nuttin'. ~everyone at once~ AAWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Join a real league Kid H, and we'll see how the Yankees really hold up!
come on baby! It's been a long time comming...we're due!!!! GO PIRATES!!! BUCS BUCS BUCS BUCS BUCS...!!! :D

Kidhuman
05-15-2003, 05:48 AM
The Yankees play the NL central this year. We will see then.

jjreason
05-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Yeah, you're right Xir, I'd much rather see pitchers strike out or weakly ground to short every 3 innings than guys like Giambi or Juan Gone at the dish. NL ball rules.... :rolleyes: :D

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
If the Yankees play the NL Central, then beware of the Pirates, Bronx Bummers! Arr! Remember the '60 Series! (And forget the '27 one ;) ) The Buccos are toying with us yet again; great opening, a long swoon, then up in the air. But PNC Park is quite possibly the best ballpark around. A yellow bridge! A 21-foot high right field wall (know why it's 21 feet? Arriba! )! The Parrot! :Pirate:

The 'Xir
05-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
Yeah, you're right Xir, I'd much rather see pitchers strike out or weakly ground to short every 3 innings than guys like Giambi or Juan Gone at the dish. NL ball rules.... :rolleyes: :D

YEAH JJ your'e totally right...actually! And that's the thing, even though the Pitchers bat in the NL, they are not conditioned to concentrate on their hitting, but definitely not at all in the AL! Maybe if they were told to get out there and take batting practice and not concentrate on just their arm, you wouldn't have slow rollers to Short! I am more so saying that the System in the NL is far better because your conditioned to be better all around Athletes, but not nearly enough as they should be! You even have a tighter strikezone which trains pitchers to be more focused and fine-tune their pitching, where in the Al it's like oh just get it over the plate and we'll call it a strike! What's up with that! Actually you would think that that would 'cause the batters to be better in the AL, but it doesn't. You obviousl;y can see who the big time guys are between the to leagues, just look at the names! NL: McGuire, Sosa, Sheffield, Vlady, Palmeiro, Bonds, Thome. Who does the AL got... Gonzalez? Delgado? These guys are making their mark but they're not HUGE names! Look at the current HR leaders NL guys hold 4 out of the top5. The first Yankee is 11th on the list and Giambi is like 25 men down!
It's that simple, just look at the stats the NL just produces better all around players! Oh and I don't even wanna hear from Yankees fans about all the championship, great!! Your league has 1 team that dominates oh excuse mean I mean buys their championships year in and year out, how much fun is that! Real Challenge there, great competition! Whatever! :rolleyes:
NL is just better, but they do need to get stricter about the pitchers batting abilities and responsibilities! Once they do that for 20-50 some odd years, you would see a pitcher who can pitch 20 games and hit 40+ HR's in a season, now wouldn't that be something to see! Atleast the NL allows for this possibility. The AL? Well...I think we can make more Ice for their sore little arms! AAWWWWW!:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
05-16-2003, 06:30 AM
McGwire played 10 years in the AL, and Palmerio plays for the Rangers. Thome just went to the NL this year. Soriano
(a Yankee) has 12 homers which is 2 behind the ML lead in homers(14). A-Rod has played in the AL his whole career and he is the one who is gonna finish his career with the All Time home run record barring any serious injuries.

The 'Xir
05-17-2003, 01:37 AM
Yeah, sorry I knew I f'd up on Palmeiro, but I new someone if not you would correct it so I let it be! Still dosen't explain NL holding 4 out of top5 HR leader spots! And now that you mention it I don't remember seeing Arod on the list at all, He's obviously gotta be there(just checked it he's 4th on the list but 11 men down on it), and Yes Soriano sneeked into the top 10 with 12 but theres still 7 men ahead of him with 4 or 5 being NL guys!

Kidhuman
05-17-2003, 07:36 AM
With all those hitters parks in the NL I am not to surprised. Houston, Cincinatti, Wrigley, and Milwaulkee its not surprising. And Bonds, well he he is in a leauge of his own. When interleauge play starts next month, AL homer totals jump when they go to the NL parks. It doesn't matter who hits more homers though, seeing as Bonds has never won a ring or A-Rod.

The 'Xir
05-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Here we go! :rolleyes: ;) :p

The 'Xir
05-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah all those great hitter parks like Shea, Bank One, Turner field, Minute Maid, Olympic, Veterans, PETCO, PacBell, and Busch! Tropicana, ProPlayer, Wrigley, and PNC park are all fair, but oh how could I forget the easiest one to hit in being of course Dodgers Stadium! :rolleyes: Whatever! Can you sense the magnitude of sarcasm dripping off your screen?! ;)
What's the AL got The big Green Monster probably the toughest overall..but comeon, that's really about it! If Detroit still played in Tigers stadium I'd give you that, but Comerica..ummm No! I'll give you the MetroDome and SkyDome for honorable mention but that's about it! For all the tough parks in the NL I will admit that we have 2 out of the top3 easiest parks to hit in!
1. Great American(note:First year in existence)
2. Camden Yards
3. Coors Field(depends which way the winds blowing)
hhmmm lets continue..
4. Jacobs Field
5. Kauffman
6. Miller Park
7. Netwerk Associates
8. Comerica
9. (tied)Edison/Arlington
10. Wrigley

10's good for now. That's probably pretty close if it could somehow be determined through different variables like stats, weather, and field distance! The only one I'm not that familliar with on my list is Network Associates. Being by the bay, you think it would be harder than it is like PacBell, but it must have something to do with which direction the open end faces!

Kidhuman
05-17-2003, 09:19 PM
You forgot Minute Maid on your list. Remember back when it was Enron feild, its nickname was Hone Run field.:D

The 'Xir
05-18-2003, 10:13 PM
No, it's in my first sentence of my last post, and I included it because I thought they altered the or one of the walls to make it higher! Thus harder to go yard! Could be wrong!

Kidhuman
06-04-2003, 07:04 AM
Well Sammy and the corked bat. Let the speculations begin. I aint saying he used a corked bat for years but the question will come up. I don't think he did personally.

bobafrett
06-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Do you remember a year or so ago, when Sammy was down in the Dominican Republic, and he left a large sum of money sitting on a table, and when he realized it was missing he went back annd the money was gone? Well, if he was dumb enough to do that, then he may have just been dumb enough to accidently use a corked bat. I'm not cutting Sammy down, after all, I am a Cubs fan, and I have all sorts of Sammy Sosa figures and Cubs stuff displayed, but I do believe that Sammy just wasn't paying attention, and was careless. Go light on him commissioner!

Rogue II
06-04-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Sammy didn't intend to use that bat. But, it isn't going to stop me from trying to trade him in the Fantasy league.

Selig will probably let him off light because Sosa is a star and seems to be well liked. Now, if it was someone like Jose Canseco or some other not-so-popular player, they would be letting the hammer drop.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2003, 01:02 PM
As a kid born and raised in Chicago and being a Cubbies fan, i must say that i agree with Sosa on this; he just didn't mean to use it. It's sad to think that a great ballplayer like Sammy might have his career tarnished due to this careless error. I for one know that my fellow Chicago residents will support him and still love good ole' Sammy each time we make a trip to Wrigley. :D

scruffziller
06-04-2003, 01:50 PM
I personally think the catcher planted it.

Rogue II
06-04-2003, 02:05 PM
I've been reading some different sports websites. It appears that most people don't buy his story.

Kidhuman
06-04-2003, 05:59 PM
I think after being hit in the head he needed a confidence booster. A few homers should of got him back on track, but as a Yankee fan suspend him for the weekend series. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Ah, it seems the other 76 bats of Sosas' were clean. So, in all honesty, i do believe this was a foolish error on his part. Hopefully, they won't do too much to him, cause as a Cub fan, i must say a Yankees - Cubs series won't be the same without him. :D

QLD
06-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Personally, I think he used it intentionally.

I don't see the advantages of using a corked bat in batting practice. But I also believe probably 10% of other players use corked bats as well. I think he deserves the maximum penalty, because honestly, if you know corked bats are illegal, why would you ever use them? Even if it is a homerun derby bat, as some have said, That ruins my opinion of the derby as well.

I have never been a fan of Sosa, but anyone who gets caught using a corked bat, in my opinion, should be suspended for a very, very long time. And THEN, no longer allowed to use their own bats. They should have to use bats provided by MLB.

derek
06-05-2003, 07:27 AM
i think anabolic sterodis play more of a role in baseball today than any corked bad ever could. i bet if the league started a strict testing policy, we're rarely see a guy hit 50 in a season. i'm so convinced mcgwire, sosa and bonds, among a few others are/were "juiced" big time.

James Boba Fettfield
06-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Ha ha, he's going to end up like Chris Sabo. Being from Cincinnati, that was kind of a high profile thing when that happened.

Here's my question: Wouldn't Sammy have noticed something was up with his bat? Like it being lighter? I read that in Bryan Curtis' article, and I have to agree with what he asked. I'm just not buying his on accident story.

Rogue II
06-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Whatever happened to Chris Sabo? He always reminded me of the guy from Devo.

Did anyone watch the Reds/Yankees game on ESPN yesterday? Joe Morgan said he accidently used a corked bat once.

I think the steroids are a bigger problem than corked bats. Would McGuire have hit all those HRs without them?

James Boba Fettfield
06-05-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure how much anyone outside of Cincinnati would know about this, but Chris Sabo is manager of a minor league team out of Florence, Kentucky (greater Cincinnati area). That's the only thing I ever heard about Chris Sabo on our local news.....and this was like a year ago I believe.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Oh, yeah, i remember Sabo!! I think he looked like Chris Mullin.

I'm still stickin' by sammy here. :D

Kidhuman
06-06-2003, 05:57 AM
While listening to Jim Rome yesterday, he said there was no way Sammy didn't know it was the wrong bat. He makes a living with his bat. I don't buy it. He knew.

Chris Sabo......LMAO.........Havent heard that name in years. Mark Grace, a former teammate of Sosa was going around with a cork taped to a bat saying" I didn't know it was corked!!!" It is sad when yoou are the joke of the town, especially after accomplishing what Sosa has. A minor league yeam was giving out free pieces of cork last night on Sammy SOsa night.

bobafrett
06-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey, I believe Sammy, just don't suspend him until after the Yankees, but before the Cubs take on the White Sox.

Now, stick a cork in it!

Kidhuman
06-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Cubbies lose to the Yanks. And Clemens vs. Wood is gonna be great. Only two pitchers ever to strike out 20 in a game lock up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2003, 09:19 PM
I think Mark Grace is just mad cause he used to be good, but has recently turned towards what my dad would call, "a bum." I used to love Mark Grace. It's a shame the Cubs let him go and also a shame that he would say that about Sammy. Oh well, jealousy is a bitter thing. :D

jjreason
06-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Mark Grace has one thing Sammy don't: a World Series. In 1988 when the Giants beat those poor Cubbies out of a trip to the series, Mark Grace was one reason they got that far. This guy's had a great career, and has been a class act all the way.

But you still don't diss Sammy Sosa, cork or no cork. I think there's more of that going on than baseball wants to admit.

EricRG
06-08-2003, 12:03 AM
We'll see about Sammy. If he never hits above 40 homers again, we'll know he's been corking it up the whole time. Reminds me of good 'ol ex-Met Howard Johnson. Skinny white guy who used to lead the league in homers a few times. Then, he got caught corking it up. He quickly disappeared.

What are the chances that the "one" time Sammy grabs "the wrong bat" (IMO, there's no such thing! He used it "for show" during batting practices, etc.??? You mean the pitcher lobbing it over the plate doesn't make it easy enough??? LOL.) he breaks the damn thing. I don't believe this for a single second. And WELL his image should be tarnished.

bobafrett
06-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Well, I can say that Sosa and the Cubs beat the NY Yankmees today behind a well pitched game by both Clemens and Wood. What a great game to watch. Poor Choi though getting knocked out in that collision with Kerry Wood in the 4th inning. I would have loved to have had a ticket to that game.

Cubs 5 Yankees 2..................and Wood gets his 50th win and 11 strikeouts!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2003, 01:14 AM
EricG- All of Sammy's bats have come up clean and all the bats that he used in previous home run races that were bought were x-rayed and came up clean. If you want to ignore the evidence at hand and whatnot, go ahead. In my opinion, Sammy did make a mistake, but that for no reason should tarnish all the hard work he's done in the past. You think Mr. McGwire won the Home Run race fair and square? No, he was most likely on 'roids and whatnot, and Sammy very well could've been too, but the fact remains that baseball isn't the pretty in pink flowery game we all want it to be. I do believe Sammy made an honest mistake and he will get fined and suspended and this whole debate will die quickly. Any criticism that Sammy endures he will make up by playing his tail off and showing to the american public why he's one of the best in baseball.

As any chance of Sammy "disappearing", not bloody likely. The chicago fans have still shown support for Sammy (myself included) and he will continue to prove himself a worthy player for years to come. That is all i have to say about that. :D

bobafrett
06-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Amen to that Jedi_Master_Guyute!

Tonysmo
06-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Im not buyin it.

Mistake.. sure........... think about whats at stake here. This mans entire career - all he has done.. by picking up the WRONG BAT?!? If you were making 2 million a year ( example ) and you knew that ONE thing could blow it all away.. would you NOT take HUGE precautions to have that ONE thing the FURTHEST away from you? If I were a baseball player, and I "HAD" to have a corked bat for "SHOW" Id damn sure make it where I could tell the difference. Dont get me wrong.. I like Sammy.. but to do something sooooooo stupid... all you can do is stand there and scratch your head. So what if all his other bats were clean.. it only takes one. I certianly dont think, or want him to dissapear.. but just like Micheal Strahan and that "sack" he put on Favre.. there will always be that lil * next to his name..

shame...

Kidhuman
06-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
Well, I can say that Sosa and the Cubs beat the NY Yankmees today behind a well pitched game by both Clemens and Wood. What a great game to watch. Poor Choi though getting knocked out in that collision with Kerry Wood in the 4th inning. I would have loved to have had a ticket to that game.

Cubs 5 Yankees 2..................and Wood gets his 50th win and 11 strikeouts!

Okay, maybe you can answer this, but why did Torre take Clemens out of the game? He only had 84 pitches in the 7th. It was a great pitching duel up until then. I dunno. I know it made you happy.

bobafrett
06-08-2003, 11:16 AM
I don't have an answer for you on that kidhuman. I heard that after the game Clemens wouldn't talk to the media because he says he has an upper respitory infection, but I also heard he was miffed after being pulled after only 84 pitches. I'm sure Torre has his reasons, and here you have two pitchers trying to win a big game. Clemens going for win #300 and Wood going after #50. Of course I'm happy, I'm happy after every Cubs win. As a Cubs fan, I will be happy if we sweep the White Sox later this month. Well, tonight is the rubber match, and we have Prior on the mound, should be another good game!

Kidhuman
06-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeah and on ESPN so I can watch it. Definitly a good game and series. I hope it is another tight one and not ablow out on either end. I would love to see them again in the series.

EricRG
06-08-2003, 05:58 PM
The ONLY mistake Sosa made...was corking his frickin bat in the first place! I don't care what you say...any self-respecting major league player has NO REASON to use a corked bat. Period. And also note, I haven't condemned him yet...only if he never reaches the same statistical heights as in the past (of course, then Sammy fanatics will peg that on his getting beaned, getting old, whatever.)

His image is tarnished. He cheated, and was caught. Period. End of story. (See Pete Rose.)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2003, 06:06 PM
hehehehehehe that's funny Eric, let's get one thing straight: Pete Rose was all around scumbug. He still denies he gambled and whatnot and there is hardcore evidence he did. Sosa admitted what he did and admitted it was wrong. Plus, Sosa has a much better image than Rose could ever hope. Sosa's image will only be "tarnished" by those like yourself who will keep pressing this matter on for years and years. I cannot stress enough how Sammy will respond to any criticsm by playing his arse off. :D

Kidhuman
06-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Plus 76 of Sosa's bats were destroyed and 6 in the HOF where x-rayed and all were negative. I think it was a one time thing for a confidence boost after being hit inthe head.

James Boba Fettfield
06-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Those Yankees are falling apart there in the 7th inning...and ouch, Sosa just got his 2000th career hit, too.

QLD
06-08-2003, 10:13 PM
I wonder what the career strikeout/hit totals are for "corky"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2003, 10:26 PM
ba dum dum ching!!! Good one, LIMP.

Sammy's still innocent. :D

bobafrett
06-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey, the Yankmees almost came around in the ninth inning, but the Cubs still prevail! What a great game, now just how costly were the 2 errors by NY in the 8th that led to the run, and the difference in the game! *Phew* *breathes a sigh of relief.*

Kidhuman
06-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Stupid errors. Well at least it was a good, edge of the seat series. Will be a good match up for the series. If the cubbies can ever make it back there. :p

jjreason
06-09-2003, 11:12 AM
The whole debate over cheating in baseball is the same as cheating in any other sport. The guy's rep before getting caught plays a role in how it will effect him in the long run. Was anyone really surprised when Phil Niekro got caught tossing the emery board? No. Did George Brett lose his halo after the pine tar tantrum? No. They're totally different personalities with different reps. Sosa's class, not a cheater, and his legacy will bear that out.
I think there's a little bit of "it ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught" in all of these guys. They're pros, they need to know a few tricks to first get to that level, and then stay there.

bobafrett
06-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Stupid errors. Well at least it was a good, edge of the seat series. Will be a good match up for the series. If the cubbies can ever make it back there. :p

You can say that again! What a thriller. I loved it when Woody got pulled with the bases loaded and 2 out and they bring in Remlinger who gets a full count, then throws that wicked pitch for strike three on Giambi. That was intense, same goes for last nights game, WOW! I've got a McFarlane Kerry Wood, now I need to get the Derek Jeter figure and make him in the "I just struck out" position! (sorry, just happy the Cubs took 2 out of 3)

I hope when the Cubs are in the playoffs they don't go up three games to none, only to lose the next 4 like they did many years back.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Ah, c'mon bobafrett, as fellow Chicago resident and Cubbie fan, i'm surprised you aren't aware of "CUBS= Completely Useless By September" sure, our cubs are doing good now, but you know come playoff time, it'll be like watching the Bad News Bears.

I love my Cubbies but if fate proves to repeat itself, we're in for a short playoff run. :D

QLD
06-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Fun "Corky" Stats!

Well, I checked "Corky's" Strikeout Hit Ratio.....He strikes out 1 time for every 1.06 times he hits.

2000 hits and 1887 strikeouts. Better than I imagined actually.

He averages 31.6 HR per year.

He has played 16 years.

He had 40 HR in his first 5 years (if you subtract his rookie season). That is an average of 8 per year. He also had 385 Strikeouts and 330 hits. One hit per 1.17 strikeouts.

In the middle 5 years, he hit 203 HR, an average of 40.6 per year. He had 705 strikeouts, and 774 hits. One strikeout per 1.10 hits.

In the last 5 years, he hit 232 HR, an average of 46.4 (lowered because this year is not over yet). He had 689 Strikeouts and 767 hits. One strikeout per 1.11 hits.

If you subtract this season, and his rookie season, he has played in 1908 games, an average of 136 per season.

I pinpoint the steroid and cork use starting around.....ohhhh...1994.

:D

Kidhuman
06-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Look at you doing research. Those are some good stats. So Sammy's game stats are, a hit, a walk, and a k. The other at bat is pot luck. I agree with the roids, but he has had to break other bats, so that throws out that theory.

EricRG
06-10-2003, 01:24 AM
(Me in right field stands when Cubs come to San Diego):

CORK-ER!
CORK-ER!
CORK-ER!
CORK-ER!

J/k, JMG and other sorry Cubbie fans: Don't worry, one day, you'll make it to the Series again...against the Red Sox! Yeah right. But seriously, if that ever happened, the first ever major earthquake in Boston history would occur, killing both teams in the top of the 4th of the 7th game with the Sox leading 3-0.

No but SERIOUSLY: I hope Sammy goes and hits 80 HRs next year and has his bat check out OK every day. ALL I'M SAYING is that if he goes out and hits 30 next year and then 15 the next, I'll still be REAL suspicious. But I agree that he's a class act...up until now. Glad to see the Cubbies beating up on the Yankees, though. I figure as long as my Mets stink, I may as well at least get pleasure in the Yankees losing.

And by the way, how is CORKING YOUR BAT supposed to get your confidence back up??? Oh yeah, that sure would help me. "I may be scared to do my job, but, gosh darn it, I sure can do it well...when I cheat!" Total self-assurance. LOL.

And one more thought...what's worse, betting on a game and denying it, or cheating and confessing? I'm not so sure...

James Boba Fettfield
06-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Cheating and confessing is much worse. Raised in Cincinnati, gotta be a supporter of Rose.

bobafrett
06-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Anybody watch the Cubs and White Sox game this past Sunday? I was there with my Stormtrooper Armor and another guy was dressed as Vader. We made the news! Here is a picture from my day at Wrigley.

On a side note, we weren't in the park, but walking around outside.

Kidhuman
06-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Cool stuff. I watched the Yankees Mets on ESPN thta night. Tell me there isnt any other game that could match up to cross town rivalry. I was at a Yankee Mert game in 2000 and no other game came close to the buzz in the stadium.

QLD
06-24-2003, 09:09 PM
cool bobafrett!

I am going to my first game this year on July, 5.

My in-laws are coming to town and we are going to catch the braves and expos.

bobafrett
06-25-2003, 01:15 AM
I've been to one Cubs game this year, then we did the walk around in SW costume Sunday, then on the 29th of this month, my friends and I are going to see the Cubs and Sox at Cell-out field. I wish I had more time to see a few more games.

L.I.M.P., who will you be cheering on, the Braves or the expos?

bobafrett
09-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Hey, it's getting down to the last few games of the season, and the Cubs magic Number is 3!!!!!!

I'm thinking I may have to catch a train down to Chicago for the last game of the season tomorrow.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2003, 10:50 AM
yeah, good luck getting tickets Bobafrett! My bro was at the game last night that got rained out and they were going to exchange their tickets, but they're pretty sold out, so i understand. I wasn't able to hit a Cubs game, but i was able to hit the Sox game on Aug 22nd. It was Elvis impersonators night!! That was quite magical :D then again, we had sky box seats and were entertained by the free alcohol, so it wasn't that bad. :D

GO CUBBIES! :D

bobafrett
09-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey, I'm not worried about getting tickets, I just want to walk around outside and be thereas they closeout the regular season, especially if they don't clinch it today! It will take them winning both games today and the Astros losing again this afternoon for them to clinch it!

I feel bad for those who didn't get to see the game last night. I guess the reason from what I understand, that they aren't playing a day night double header id because they are only allowed X number of night games in a season. I think I heard 18, which they already used. So they have to play a double header today which will cost the Cubs about $1 million in revenue. They also were looking to hitting 4 million in attendance whichh I doubt will happen now.

Kidhuman
09-27-2003, 11:53 AM
It will be interesting to watch that race. 3 games left and tied for first as of last night. But the Yankees are in an it is no on. Cant wait til Tuesday when it all starts. Good luck to all teams.

First round in AL.....Yankee in 3
A's in 5

Sorry NL isnt set up yet can make predictions.

bobafrett
09-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Well at this moment, The Cubs are winning 4 - 1 in the first game, and Milwaulkee is winning 5 - 1 in the 6th of the game in Houston. Could be down to the magic number of 1 by the time I leave for work!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Cubs Win!! Cubs Win!!!! Hooooooooly cow!!!!!

Central Division Champs, baby!!! OH, if only i could've been up there this weekend to join in the festivites!!! I expect a drunken phone call from my bro within the next 3 hours. hehehehehehee CONGRATS CUBBIES!! About time!!! Harry is smiling from up above!! Cubs win!! :D

bobafrett
09-28-2003, 02:42 AM
Just got back at this late hour from celebrating a glorious CUBS victory! Thank you to the Milwulkee Brewers for helping us reach our goal today! Love the new avatar Jedi_Master_Guyute! Going to bed shortly, got a long day of celebrating tomorrow!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Just got back at this late hour from celebrating a glorious CUBS victory! Thank you to the Milwulkee Brewers for helping us reach our goal today!
Ahem? I believe we Pirates had a bit more to do with your goal achievement than the Brewers. ;) Arr. :Pirate: I think that the city of Pittsburgh has more of a grip on "Maybe Next Year" than Chicago now. :cry:

Lost:
1B Simon
3B Ramirez
OF Lofton
OF Giles
P Saurbeck (sp?)
P Williams
P Suppan
Fan support

Gained:
:confused:

bobafrett
09-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Ahem? I believe we Pirates had a bit more to do with your goal achievement than the Brewers. ;) Arr. :Pirate: I think that the city of Pittsburgh has more of a grip on "Maybe Next Year" than Chicago now. :cry:

Lost:
1B Simon
3B Ramirez
OF Lofton
OF Giles
P Saurbeck (sp?)
P Williams
P Suppan
Fan support

Gained:
:confused:

Oh, yes, and "Thank You" to the Pirates! May the players we got from you continue to work the way they have for us! Without them it may be the Astros going to Atlanta.

Emperor Howdy
09-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Its like that DMX song, Rollin Rollin Rollin..

Wait, isn't that Limp Bizkit? Oh well , who cares.

Anyway, I would say GO BRAVES, but you guys already know what's up. :evil:

Kidhuman
09-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Cubbies vs. Atlanta....hmmmmmm interesting series. Atl in 5, sorry cubbies, young pitching staff experience will pay off IMO.

Florida vs. Giants gotta go with Bonds and crew in 4.

bobafrett
09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Cubbies vs. Atlanta....hmmmmmm interesting series. Atl in 5, sorry cubbies, young pitching staff experience will pay off IMO.

Florida vs. Giants gotta go with Bonds and crew in 4.

Yes, but we have Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. Those two should be enough for the Cubs to take it in 5 games!

It will be Cubs and the Giants for the National league pennant!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Boba, you're leaving our mr. Zambrano. He's been on fire for a majority of the season. I've watched some games where he's pitched wonderfully! Go Cubbies!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
09-28-2003, 10:41 PM
What about the Reds, people?! Oh....yeah, that whole sucking aspect and lack of experience didn't create too much of a winning season. Cubs, I wish you luck, you're representing the division I'm a fan of, don't let me down.

bobafrett
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Boba, you're leaving our mr. Zambrano. He's been on fire for a majority of the season. I've watched some games where he's pitched wonderfully! Go Cubbies!! :D

Oh no, I haven't forget the wonders of Mr. Zambrano. He has had a couple bad starts in his last two games though, and his being that young and the pressure of a playoff game, well I hope the bullpen is ready! Carlos Z. has pitched some marvelous games though, like the one where he had a no hitter going into the 7th or 8th inning.

What about the Reds, people?! Oh....yeah, that whole sucking aspect and lack of experience didn't create too much of a winning season. Cubs, I wish you luck, you're representing the division I'm a fan of, don't let me down.

:D :D :D :D I'm sure the Cubs will represent the Central division well!

billfremore
09-29-2003, 02:52 PM
I think the Cubs and the Red Sox will meet in the World Series...

Then the world will crack open and swallow both teams and Wrigley and Fenway because the gods will never allow either team to win a world championship! :D

Kidhuman
09-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Yankess and Braves again.............there it is

billfremore
09-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Yankess and Braves again.............there it is

Wow.
That will be so exciting.

Whee.

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Tonight is game 1 of the series! Shine on Kerry Wood, shine on!

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Gotta take my Mother in law to the doctor today at 1pm. And the Yankee game ison............what to do, what to do?

billfremore
09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
Gotta take my Mother in law to the doctor today at 1pm. And the Yankee game ison............what to do, what to do?

Take your mother and the doctor to the Yankees game.
See how simple that was? :D

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Me so sorry, Yankees lose 1st game, better make a strong come back..........like the San Diego Padres, I think it was against the Cubs, when the Cubs were up 2 games to none, and lost the next three.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 07:00 PM
A few minutes before game time in Atlanta. GO CUBBIES!! :D

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Cubs now lead 3-1 after Kerry Wood hits a 2 rbi double!! Woo Hoo! Go CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 09:19 PM
4-1 now! I told you, it's going to be the CUBS going all the way!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 09:22 PM
WOHOOOOOO!!! Nice inning by the Cubbies!! We just gotta hold it now!!!
Don't talk like that Boba, you're going to jinx us!!!

Also, is it me, or does the sound effect for the Fox Sports scoreboard leaving/entering the screen sound A LOT like the sound effect used when you shot Jaws in the old NES "Jaws" game?!?!!? :D

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I don't know, I ended up turning the TV volume down and I have WGN 720 am turned up! Kerry wood just mowed down the side! This is getting to exciting!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Is WGN 720 available via the net? there isn't a chance in hell i could get it in Athens; though, i was able to get it from time to time in Columbus. They always had the best announcers; when exciting stuff happened, they were screaming and cheering on the Cubs. (sigh) Oh, i'm just counting down the days until i get back home to chicago for good! hehehehehe :D

James Boba Fettfield
09-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Go Cubs! I'm not a Cubs fan, but it's a good day to see the Braves lose. Now just do the same thing in the next games, Cubbies.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 10:46 PM
CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY COW!!!!

ROCK THE CASBAH!!! GREAT game!! now, i can go to bed! Go have a beer for me downtown, boba!! Cheers! :D

Exhaust Port
09-30-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm not a Cubs fan, but it's a good day to see the Braves lose
Me too. Not only that but coming from a state that can't produce champions I find myself rooting for the underdog. It would be awesome to see the Cubs win the whole ball of wax. But, it starts with one win and they got that tonight. Great Game!!

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes! What an awesome game! A little stressful in the 8th, but they came through and out hit the Braves!

Go Cubs!

bobafrett
09-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Is WGN 720 available via the net? there isn't a chance in hell i could get it in Athens; though, i was able to get it from time to time in Columbus. They always had the best announcers; when exciting stuff happened, they were screaming and cheering on the Cubs. (sigh) Oh, i'm just counting down the days until i get back home to chicago for good! hehehehehe :D

Well when you get here, we'll have to get together for a beer, maybe catch a Cubs game some year, and compare SW collections! I don't know if WGN comes through over there, but you might want to scan through your am dial as I got a Cubs game 6 hours North of Chicago on a sister station. I think you can get the radio broadcast on the official Cubs site, or try MLB.com.

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I get WGN in Va so he should get it

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2003, 11:08 PM
JBFF sent me a link that you can't listen to games via WGN radio on the net due to a new rule set forth MLB!! you have to pay for some "pack" for real audio or something. BS!!! I didn't try my radio basically cos it sucks. So, i had to deal with the Fox broadcasters. hehehehe the game wasn't on WGN TV here, we got it on Fox. We'll see though!! Hells yeah, when i get back to chi-town, prepare to party! and by party, i mean,....looking for toys and whining about the cubs that year. hehehehehe

Kidhuman
09-30-2003, 11:16 PM
next games are on ESPN so enjoy that

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm still going to listen to WGN, though I didn't hear Ron Santo. Instead they had Pat Hughes and Steve Stone. I wonder if Mr. Santo is ill, but he just cracks me up. They retired his #10 last Sunday.

kool-aid killer
10-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Count me in as a fellow Cubs supporter. I wouldnt say im a fan (i dont follow baseball much and only skim the sports page to see how they fared) but im a follower of them (and have been for many years) and i hope this is the year where they take it home. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 01:03 PM
I went to four games this year and had a blast at all of them. I'm attaching a picture of me in my Stormtrooper armor outside Wrigley Field next to the statue of Cubs broadcaster Harry Carey.

jjreason
10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Holy cow indeed! Im just dreaming of Cubs and Sox for the flags... can you imagine the media frenzy????

As Jerry Seinfeld once said: "Let's hear it for sports!!!!!!!!" :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2003, 04:42 PM
No such luck, JJR. :( Sox didn't make the playoffs this year. They were doing wonderful and then in typical fashion ala the Cubbies of years past, blew it. Maybe some other year though; i know i was hoping for a Cubs vs. Sox. That would've been awesome!! :D

Kidhuman
10-01-2003, 04:44 PM
UMMMMMMMMMM...... the red sox is who I belive he is talking about. Been almost a century for both teams since they won it

jjreason
10-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Yes, though it pains me (I grew up in the era of the "old" AL East, where my Tigers were pitted against those BoSox more frequently than they are nowadays), I feel the need to exclaim

GO BOSOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels weird, though. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Ah my apologies! It didn't dawn on me that the R. Sox have had the same poor luck as the Cubbies! hehehehehhee :D

QLD
10-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Alright! Braves up 5-3, one inning left for the Cubbies....HOLY COW!

It's gonna be a good series, but the Braves are still gonna take it

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Ah, damn!!! Cubs nearly had it!!! Oh well, i prefer it like that though; this way, the Cubs can finish off the Braves back at Wrigley! :D

Also glad to see that there were actually Braves fans in the crowd tonight. Tis a shame that the Braves fans who attend the games don't even know there is a game going on in front of them. We'll see how things turn out back home in Chi-town! Hopefully, Baker can talk to the boys about SCORING WHEN THE BASES ARE LOADED! Argh!! Oh well!! Good game all around! :)

bobafrett
10-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Well we have Prior on the bump for us Friday. That ought to be a good game, the youth and arm of Prior against the experience and skill of Maddux. Can't Wait!

BTW, I won a McFarlane Mark Prior figure on eBay today! Can't find one here in the Chicagoland area. They've been selling out just minutes after they reach the sales floor.

jjreason
10-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Bah, double bummer tonight. Stupid RedSox bullpen couldn't put away Oaktown in the 9th, then went and peed away the game in the 12th inning. Couple that with the Cubs loss, and today's baseball watching marathon gets low marks for satisfaction. Ah well, good thing is there's always tomorrow - errr I mean today. Time for bed.

jjreason
10-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Trouble in Soxville. Oakland just finished off the Sox for the second time in less than 24 hours - 5 to 1. Back they go to Beantown with their backs against the wall. The only thing that will salvage today Baseball wise will be if the Yanks get bit in the butt again by the Twinkies.

Kidhuman
10-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Not today JJ. Yankees Win, Yankees Win.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Turn on ESPN to watch the Cubbies and what do i see!?? rain delay!!! lol

However, the marlins/giants game was awesome; very exciting!!! Went down to the wire; good game. Let's just hope my Cubbies don't make their victory down to the wire tonight. :p

Cheers! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2003, 10:30 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!

That was an awesome game!!! Prior was awesome tonight!!! Can't wait to see if the Cubs can finish this up tomorrow!!! GO CUBBIES!!! :D

jjreason
10-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Great game! I was happy Randall Simon got that hit, man he works hard. Good on them, I hope they can wrap it tomorrow as well! I just don't want to miss it by having to work...... my throat is feeling sore already...... :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Simon is one BIG dude!! i think my only gripe with him is that he knows he can hit the ball like mad, he just chases every pitch. Like that one pitch that was in the dirt where Alou stole second, he swung at it; damn near needed a 9-iron to hit that thing. I think it's funny how him and Wood and Alou to an extent were responsible for the runs in their victories, but Sammy hasn't found his groove yet. C'mon Sosa!!! This is the year, baby!! hopefully!! :D

bobafrett
10-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Yes, I was at work when this game ended, and I must say great game! Prior is a stud, man can that guy pitch! Now lets see Clement cement down the game 4 win!

jjreason
10-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Tomorrow is so huge for my 2003 baseball happiness... the Cubs can wrap their series, and the BoSox NEED a win to keep hope alive. With any luck Fenway will be as good to them as Wrigley was to the Cubs today. Fingers crossed.....

bobafrett
10-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey Chicago whatta ya say, the Cubs are gonna win today! My favorite song they play at the Start of each Cubs broadcast. It was good to hear Ron Santo back on the air yesterday! OMG, the game starts in about an hour and a half!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2003, 02:37 PM
hehehehehehehe I feel your giddiness Boba!! i'm watching "interview with the vampire" in a vain effort to kill time....I was feeling saucy and busted out my radio last night and for about 20 min, i had WGN AM 720!!! It faded in and out and finally out. I browsed the stations again and got a station out of atlanta!! Posh!!! Not doing that!!! Nearly game time!! Go Cubs!! :D

Kidhuman
10-04-2003, 07:11 PM
One more win and to the next round the Yankees go.

And say word, Marlins over the Giants. Tough next round for the Cubbies or Braves. Fla. owns Atl. Sorry LIMP but tis true.

James Boba Fettfield
10-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Oh how I hope tomorrow brings victory for the Cubs, put those dirty playin' Atlanta Braves away for good!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2003, 07:24 PM
(mike starts yelling various obscenties)

Damn!! So close!! Too bad Sammy didn't pull that last shot to the right or left, that'd been gone, stupid center field!!! Guess we're going back to Atlanta.
Excellent series though; both teams playing very well. Now, if you'll excuse me, i need some drinkage. :p

jjreason
10-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Man oh man, this aint good for my stress level.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Phew, that Sox game was nuts!!! I never thought the Red Sox would stay alive for another game! Congrats!!! :D

jjreason
10-04-2003, 10:54 PM
A little better, but Im still stressed out. Anyone else a little happy Bonds won't be hoisting the hardware? What a way to end a series, your tying run getting gunned out at the plate. That was cash money.

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 12:16 AM
I want to have a beer, but strangley I do not feel in the mood to drink it. After all the beer would have tasted so much better with a Cubs victory. Perhaps tomorrow night the suds will be flowing.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Anyone else a little happy Bonds won't be hoisting the hardware? What a way to end a series, your tying run getting gunned out at the plate.
Well, as a long-suffering (only since 1979, though) Pirates fan, Bonds has a different place in my fan's heart. Produced for us most of the time, awesome defender, hardly anything come post-season, awful attitude. I was not happy to see him leave Pittsburgh, but I don't really root for him, either.

Hmm... so he's seen two series end with a first baseman at the plate, called the opposite desired safe/out aspect (Sid Bream, J.T. Snow).

Speaking of Pitt frustrations, look at this list of former Pirates in the playoffs this year:
1B Simon (Cubs)
3B Ramirez (Cubs)
CF Lofton (Cubs, pattern maybe?)
LF Bonds (Giants)
SP Schmidt (Giants)
RP Suppan (Red Sox)
RP Rincon (A's)

This leaves out all the others dumped to non-post season teams. Arr! :Pirate:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2003, 07:05 PM
I can't believe the Sox won again today, forcing a game 5!!!! That's crazy!!!!

The Cubs game is starting in a few short minutes. I'm hella excited and nervous!! C'mon Cubbies!!!! :D

Kidhuman
10-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Yankees close out series, Sox force game 5, Cubbies-Braves-game 5. Good postseason.

jjreason
10-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Interesting observations, Bel Cam. I remember screaming "RUN YOU IDIOT!!!!" when Sid Bream chugged around third, huge knee brace propelling him toward the plate. In that instance I was rooting for the Braves, and it was Bonds' throw that didn't quite get there in time, no? That was exciting, too. Holy crow.

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Holy Cow, we are just three strikes away from moving on! Commercial is over, going back to the game.......

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Alright! The Cubs get another run in the ninth, men on second and third and the Braves go to another pitcher. We still have to get through the bottom of the ninth yet, fasten those seat belts!

James Boba Fettfield
10-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Looks like those suds will be flowing for you tonight, bobafrett.

Exhaust Port
10-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Great game so far!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2003, 09:52 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm bouncing off the walls here!!! 3 more outs and the Cubs advance!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!! GREAT game so far!!! Good hits and pitching and a few shots of Kerri Wood's HOT wife!!! GO CUBBIES!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Take that you cheatin' Braves! Dirty plays and bad calls didn't save you in this series! Ha ha ha! Wait, I mean HA HA HA!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLLLLLLLLLLLY COW!!!!

Ah, so excited!! i can't even make a full sentence explaining my joy!!

GO CUBBIES!! :D

Exhaust Port
Awesome! Congradulations to the team (and the fans that have had to wait so long for this!) :D

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 10:00 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm bouncing off the walls here!!! 3 more outs and the Cubs advance!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!! GREAT game so far!!! Good hits and pitching and a few shots of Kerri Wood's HOT wife!!! GO CUBBIES!! :D

Cubs Win, Cubs Win Cubs Win!

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes, but we have Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. Those two should be enough for the Cubs to take it in 5 games!

It will be Cubs and the Giants for the National league pennant!

As predicted by yours truely, the Cubs take it in 5 on the arms of Wood and Prior! What an outstanding performance!

I was wrong about the Cubs facing the Giants, but even better, we are taking on the Marlins with home field advantage!

I'll probably be hanging around outside Wrigley Tuesday night! Great googly moogly!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm seeing the shots of Wrigley on WGN and it's damn near bringing a tear to my eye for two reasons: 1. FINALLY!!!! 2. Why can't i be there?!?!?!??!?!

I'm just waiting for my brother to call from the crowd. He lives off Addison a few miles from Wrigley, i'm just awaiting a phone call!! GO CUBBIES!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :D

lol Goodwyn on WGN being interviewd by Ronan: "Cubs fans, party like you should, be good, but wait for us to get there!" Go cubbies!!! :D

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Cubs next dish.........................fresh Marlin!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Cubs next dish.........................fresh Marlin!

LOL how long you been waiting to dish that one out, Boba??? I swear, if my bro gets tickets for any of these games, i'm so leaving school for them. lol :D GO CUBBIES!!!

bobafrett
10-05-2003, 10:52 PM
LOL how long you been waiting to dish that one out, Boba??? I swear, if my bro gets tickets for any of these games, i'm so leaving school for them. lol :D GO CUBBIES!!!

I've already got my sign design in mind! Chicago will be riding a high for the next couple of days! If your brother has an extra ticket for this Cubs fan, I wouldn't mind taking in a game with you guys! I hope you get to see a game with your bro JMG!

YAH! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2003, 11:05 PM
hehehehehehehehehehe WGN stopped their coverage, so i had to flip up to Adult Swim. GREAT NIGHT!!! Cubs defeat the Braves and Aqua Teen Hunger Force has one of its' funniest episodes ever. this night can't get any bet-, well, yeah, i could think of a few ways, but i'll take what i can get. ;)

I'm off to bed. It'll take me too long to fall asleep though due to my giddiness. I told my bro if he didn't get any playoff tickets for his family, he was going to be voted out of family. He said he'd do what he could. hehehehehehhehehe ta ta everybody!!! GO CUBBIES!! :D

jjreason
10-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Sugar sweet - Bosox stay alive (and hopefully finally take the momentum of the series away from the A's) and the Cubs put those Braves to bed. Go Cubs, BEAT THOSE FISH!!!!

kool-aid killer
10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
It was a sweet game, i cant wait for them to take on the Marlins. I just about had a heartattack when Chipper Jones looked like he nailed a home run but was relieved when i seen Sammy haul it in. I slept very well last night. Plus the Bears won too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2003, 07:02 PM
My bro just called. Here is an excerpt of the conversation, beginning with my brother.

"Hey bro, what's up?"
"Eh, not much...debating if i want to study. You?"
'Ah, not much...just debating what i should do tonight, cos tomorrow, ya know, i got tickets to the Cubs game"
Me: (screaming various obscentities)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! got them through work!!! Argh!!! lucky @%@%@%@!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2003, 08:57 PM
oooo, the Sox are up 4-1 now in the 6th, boys. I think jjr might be right, it could finally be next year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2003, 09:24 PM
anybody else see that collision in the Bos/Oak game??? See, that's why one of the earliest skills you learn when it comes to fielding is CALLING FOR THE BALL in those sitautions. Looks like Jackson is up, but i think they called for a stretch for Dameon. Hope they're both alright.

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Talk about being jerks, you see what those fans are doing?

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Man, did that look like it hurt or what?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2003, 09:31 PM
I'm hoping the Bosox just finish up this game and destroy the A's. Give their team time to talk to their fans about hospitality and courteosy. Maybe i'm spoiled from the "Friendly Confines of Wrigley field" but this is just beyond comprehension. They should've let the BoSox in the stands with a few baseball bats. Stupid bastardly fans.

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Congrats, Sox! I'm still wanting to see the Cubs win it all, but hey, having the Sox advancing is cool, too. Sox vs. Cubs? We can only hope.

Exhaust Port
10-06-2003, 10:31 PM
BOSOX WIN!!! AWESOME. Let's hope they put the hurt to the Yankees.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Congrats, Red Sox!!!!! You have my utmost respect!!! coming back from 2 games to win it!!!!! Could this be the Sox Vs. Cubs series?!?!!??!!??!

Congrats!! :D

bobafrett
10-07-2003, 12:48 AM
I heard the game on ESPN radio, and I saw that nasty collision as I was leaving work. Congratulations Red Sox, but deep in my heart, I'm hoping for the Cubs to win it all! If the Cubs weren't in it, I would pull for Boston. I've been up working on my poster to take to the Cubs game even though I'll be on the outside.

bobafrett
10-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, I got my Mark Prior figure I won on eBay, but it arrived with a crushed bubble, and the box it shipped in was smashed. I had paid for insurance so the seller is filing a claim.

Kidhuman
10-07-2003, 09:12 AM
BOSOX WIN!!! AWESOME. Let's hope they put the hurt to the Yankees.

Blasphemy....It will never happen.

kool-aid killer
10-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Methinks the Yankees will put the smackdown on the Sox. I really cant stand either of them though. Did anybody see the officer put the kid who was talking trash in a headlock? It was funny how quickly the punk put up his hands and it took the smirk right off his face.

billfremore
10-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Blasphemy....It will never happen.

You realize of course if the Sox and Cubs meet in the series the apocalypse is upon us

The 'Xir
10-07-2003, 01:44 PM
I love baseball, but I can understand poeple who don't follow it when they say it can be long and boring, however the best part of Baseball is the waiting, the waiting for great games like last night between the Sox and A's! Awesome!!! Congrats BoSox, I hope you kick the living (you know what) out of the Yankees! PLease would someone just beat them already! They really aren't all that good this year, but it is the playoffs and it is the Yankees! grrrrrrrr! :mad:
I would love to see a Cubbies/Sox Series!!! I wouldn't care who won, I'd be rooting for both, but mainly just to have a great series, no 4-0 sweeps!

bobafrett
10-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Trust me, if it's the Cubs and the Red Sox, I think it will be a very interesting series. The Cubs have a way of making it a full seven games! I mean look, we won our division on almost the last day of the season. We went the full 5 games with Atlanta. I'm hoping for maybe a 5 game series with the Marlins.

Kidhuman
10-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Methinks the Yankees will put the smackdown on the Sox. I really cant stand either of them though. Did anybody see the officer put the kid who was talking trash in a headlock? It was funny how quickly the punk put up his hands and it took the smirk right off his face.

Yeah I saw that and laughed. He deserved it. What is the latest on Damon? I know they said concussion, but how long is he out for?

jjreason
10-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Yes, another coronary causing crusade by everyone's favourite crimson-hued hosiary. I can't wait for Yanks RedSox, man that's almost as good as watching the Series itself!!!!!

How sweet was Manny's dinger? :eek:

YAY BASEBALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Exhaust Port
10-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Any chance that Bob Costas will be doing the announcing for the NY series? I know he's done them in the past and I can't stand him. He's sooooo pro-NY it's sickening. Heck they can be down by 10 runs and he'll never admit the other team is better but that his beloved Yankees are giving them the game.

Kidhuman
10-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Bob Costas does NBC. Tim McCarver and Joe Buck usually do the Yankee games on Fox. So dont worry about old Bob hosting the games.

JJ, Yanks Sox will probably be the series towatch. Although the Cubs-Fish should be great too, neither team knows die in that one. All in all it has been a great postseason sofar. I hope there arent any sweeps in any series. The good thing for the Yankees is Pedro can not go 3 times since he pitched yesterday.

James Boba Fettfield
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Sammy finally gets to flex some hitting power in the post season! We're going to the 10th now. Put this thing away early, Cubbies, I need to sleep.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2003, 10:45 PM
I don't care if they play till dawn, JBFF, i'll stay awake as long as necessary to see the Cubbies clinch this!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Damn Damn damn!!! We almost had it!! Stupid Marlins!! Got hella lucky!! We'll get them tomorrow evening. :D night.

James Boba Fettfield
10-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Oh Cubbies, why did you have to lose! I like an exciting series too, but I was hoping you guys could have come away with the first win. Next time, next time they'll win.

bobafrett
10-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Oh Cubbies, why did you have to lose! I like an exciting series too, but I was hoping you guys could have come away with the first win. Next time, next time they'll win.

Oh Man, I was at the game last night. I was actually out on Waveland Ave. with about 300 or so other crazy fans. I had to leave in the middle of the ninth with the Cubs down by 2 runs. I get to the Red line and we hear the crowd explode, and the Red line driver comes on and says that Sammy Sosa just tied up the game. I kept hoping that maybe they would win, but I had to make the last train out of downtown Chicago to the suburbs. Anyway, I attached two pictures of my first NLCS Cubs game. Oh, and I taped the game and I was in the crowd going after M. Alou's first inning 2 run blast out onto Waveland ave. I could see myself holding my sign trying to fight for the ball. The game was good for me as I got a call from my sons mom at 4 am telling me I need to come pick him up. It looks like I will be in Florida Sunday or Monday, but not near Miami.

bobafrett
10-08-2003, 02:11 AM
Oh, and if you look at the lower right hand corner of my sign, I wrote SSG on it to acknowledge this website! Here is a link to all 16 pictures from my night at Wrigley.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=158378

good shot jansen
10-08-2003, 11:25 AM
those are great pictures bobafrett! thanx for sharing them with us.