PDA

View Full Version : Lando Skiff, AT-ST Driver, and Han Solo wave

mini-rock
04-01-2003, 03:11 AM
These are IN STOCK now at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940BB) .:D

Thunderstorm1
04-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Sold Out, they expect more in June, Just wasn't quick enough!

mini-rock
04-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I knew they'd go quick, but no worries since there will be plenty available soon enough. Mine should be here tomorrow (hopefully) so I'll proly post when I get them in.:)

derek
04-05-2003, 12:31 AM
wow, i can't believe they sold out this quick. i don't recall the last few waves selling out at all.(i could be wrong though):)

mini rock,

for sure give us the scoop on these.:)
i've heard lando's helmet is way too big. and i guess we'll find out if lando's head is hollow or solid!;)

mini-rock
04-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by derek
i've heard lando's helmet is way too big.

IT'S HUGE!! I could eat a salad out of this thing. Still it looks good on the figure. For some reason the sculpt looks more like Apu from The Simpsons than Lando, and don't remember Lando having this kind of hair. The gun and spear thingy look cool, but the holster for the blaster is super cheesy. As for whether his head is hollow or not I can't tell if it is. I squeezed it, and it feels solid, but maybe there is another way to tell. Overall this is an ok figure, but anyone stressing about geting this, but is worried about the funds, IMO wait till this set goes on clearence. The AT-ST Driver looks cool. His goggles don't fit snug so you have to position the helmet just right in order for the goggles to stay on. I like the hands they gave these (like Dooku's) so you can position them just right to make it look like it's pulling a gun trigger. The AT-ST Driver comes with the same boots that the Imperial Officer came with. Han also comes with these. Han is by far the frikkin ugliest looking figure. It's not Han, it's Fred Flintstone. If you guy's thought Anakin w/ slashing action was bad just wait till you see this. The same method of head attachment is used here that was used on 2 saber Ani which IMO is unexcusable when the clothing used doesn't cover this part of the neck up. The action feature is pretty cool, and the poseability of these figures are much easier to do b/c of the bodies (I guess). I'm not sure what bodies they are, but the feel the same as Ultimate Jango or Plo Koon.

I've been collecting for awhile, but this is the first time I have received new figures and thought to myself "My God! Why 'am I collecting this crap?" The AT-ST Driver was the best out of the bunch IMO, w/ Lando a close second, but Han is just horrible, and this is bad cosidering I like 2 saber Ani.

Doc Brown
04-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Welp just recieved the new 12" wave. I have opened them all so I tell everybody what to expect. By the far the best of the three is of course Lando in Disguise. good face sculpt of Billy Dee, has the kung fu grip hands, his shirt is a nice silky material and comes with cool weapons. The helmet is kinda a tad to big for scale but it's not terrible. only problem is it doesn't go on his head snug and It bobbles around if you move him.

The AT-ST driver is decent enough. Sure he''ll look cool next to my other 12" Imperial army figures. The face sculpt is adequate. I like the scar, adds a little character. His helmet fits on snug because it has an actual elastic strap. Only odd thing about it are the googles ( I don't know if this is just mine or if they come like this) - the elastic on them is way too long and is pretty useless. I just bungied it with one of those clear plastic rubber bands to keep it on. It's too bad he doesn't have a holster for his gun. Oh well

Ok, and finally the..uggh...yeah he's that bad...ughh um..Han Solo? Ok, Ok, the figure itself is not bad for a rehash. It's only the horrible face sculpt. It's just as everyone I've heard say, it looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford in any movie he has ever made. He's got elephant ears and this odd fake peach color. yuck. Im thinking of taking the head off, repainting it and using it for another Imperial Officer or something. it looks that far from Ford.
It's a shame too cus the body and clothing are pretty good. "Han's" blaster is redone and looks particularly great. I personally don't care about the quick draw lever but it's hidden enough and doesn't intrude with anything so it's fine by me.
anyway, that's my two cents. I recommend the Lando and AT-ST driver but unless you might want to customize, stay away from Barney Rubble Han. :P

Exhaust Port
04-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the review Doc. I'm really looking forward to picking up Lando when he hits the stores.

Doc Brown
04-14-2003, 09:35 AM
one other thing about the Han I noticed, His blaster doesn't fit in his holster very good. Hasbro must have cheaped out and not redone the holster to fit the new blaster scuplt....hmmm imagine that. oy vey.

Jaff
04-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Just got this wave this weekend at Meijers, and I passed on the Han right away. The lando was O.K. for me. I'm thankful for the fig, but the helmet just doesn't look right since you cant even see the figs eyes when it's on the head. The clothing also looks customed. However the AT-ST Driver was what I saw as the real treat. When you get that helmet and goggles firmly on the fig it is perfect. Now I just have to excitedly wait for the Gamorian Guard.

Wampa
04-24-2003, 11:23 PM
I live in Dallas and none of my local retail outlets have these figures yet. Have they been released to retailers other than internet? Thank you for your responses.

Beast
04-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Yep, I saw all three of the new figures just a couple weeks ago when I was toy hunting. So they are hitting, you just need to keep your eyes peeled for them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wampa
04-24-2003, 11:41 PM
What stores had them? Thanks.

Beast
04-24-2003, 11:43 PM
I've seen them at Meijer's, Wal-Marts, and Targets. But I don't live in Texas so that doesn't help you all that much. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
04-25-2003, 12:47 AM
Haven't seen them in the WM's, Target's, & TRU between Olympia and Chehalis WA.:)

jedibear
04-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Our area TRU's (NorCal/NorBay) have been the only place keeping up with the 12" figures and right now the Ani/Padme/Geonosian wave is sitting there untouched...
No other stores have been bothering with the 12"ers around here....

tagmac
05-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Still haven't seen these anywhere - not even on Kebco. And ever since amazon.com started crashing my computer the last week, I can't even check there to see if they're out. I'm starting to wonder if these figures are ever gonna be accessible for the majority of us.

tagmac
05-12-2003, 12:07 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940BB

Take it for what it's worth coming from Entertainment Earth, but seeing as how few people have ever seen them in stores, and none of the other online-retailers have ever even carried them, I have to believe it's true. Personally, I'm disappointed, cuz I really wanted a Lando figure, but I have to wonder what is Hasbro's problem here?! I even looked on e-bay, figuring there'd be a few being offered for some high prices. Surprisingly, I found just one seller offering them. There were no bids, so my guess is no one trusts the seller. Either that, or they're still listed as pre-orders. (Personally, knowing that they were cancelled, I wouldn't risk bidding on them either).

If these ever were released, I'm guessing it was in quantities far less than even the first group of 12" exclusives, which were pretty rare themselves. Shame on you, Hasbro, for screwing us collectors like this!

Darth Cruel
05-12-2003, 01:54 AM
SSG? Can we get some confirmation on this please?

Beast
05-12-2003, 02:10 AM
Funny, I've seen them tons of times in the stores. I wouldn't go by what EE says. It just means that they are sold out of their allotment and they won't be getting anymore. Due to Hasbro having finished production on them and not having anymore stock for EE to order more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
05-12-2003, 03:20 AM
If this is true all I can say is I'm sooooo glad I got mine. And is it is true is Hasbro doing this to get collectors to get their 12" figures sooner than later (on clearence)?

Exhaust Port
05-12-2003, 05:15 AM
Oh man I hope this isn't true. This is the first wave in a few years that I didn't preorder online. I got sick of buying them online to only have them sit on the store shelves here and eventually get marked down. All I want is Lando. Time I hit the stores again looking for Mr. Colt 45.

derek
05-12-2003, 08:17 AM
i think we need to define what the word "cancelled" actually means.

by EE's definition, it means their re-stock order from hasbro has been cancelled, which means they won't be getting any more, just the same as with plo koon(who was in stock there for months, and only after he sold out, people starting freaking out).

it looks to me like hasbro is reducing the overall number of figures it is releasing in each wave because so many are sitting on the shelves waiting to be marked down. but people like mini rock own this wave, and jar jar has seen them in stores, so they are not by any means cancelled.......hasbro is just making less of them.

for something to actually be cancelled, the whole wave would have to be scrapped before they even went into mass production.

now maybe hasbro did make less of this wave, and all the stock of these figures were sent only to certain regions of the country, which could be why i have not seen them and jar jar has.:)

EDIT:

entertainment earth actually still has part of this wave in stock: the han solo figure with quick draw action. up untill about a week and a half ago they had "non-mint" lando and AT-ST driver as well.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NMHS84971

tagmac
05-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Of course they'd only have Han Solo - that was the worst of the bunch. To me, this is just as bad as cancelling them before shipping, cuz they didn't even give collectors a chance to even find them. I didn't order the set because I didn't want Han, and because the Padme wave later became available through Amazon (and still are). To me, it's a disgrace what Hasbro has done. The next wave isn't due out til summer, so they could have at least shipped them til then, as they've done with all the previous waves.

Beast
05-12-2003, 05:25 PM
They arn't cancelled though, EE just isn't getting any more of them. Keep watching your local stores, because they are shelfwarming already here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
05-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
They arn't cancelled though, EE just isn't getting any more of them. Keep watching your local stores, because they are shelfwarming already here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Same here. My local Wal-Mart has a bunch.

Exhaust Port
05-14-2003, 01:01 PM
Sweet! I'm off to the store today!

mm74md
05-22-2003, 02:35 PM
So has anybody seen these at retail recently? If so, what stores?

jedi master sal
05-30-2003, 12:23 PM
I found both of these yesterday here in Pittsburgh. Don't know if they've been out awhile but I picked up the AT-ST driver. The Han I left there. UGLY Headsculpt. The AT-ST driver isn't much better but his mug will be covered by the goggles and helmet.

Also, I thought that the 12 inch Lando was in this case assortment. Was I wrong? Has anyone else seen these? Purchased them? Lando Specifically?

What do you all think about them?

derek
05-30-2003, 04:33 PM
I thought that the 12 inch Lando was in this case assortment.

he is, but he's the one everyone probably wants. the AT-ST driver is really not a big deal, and who needs another han solo?

Exhaust Port
06-01-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm still striking out. Not only haven't I seen a Lando but I haven't even seen a single figure from this wave. I'm not to my panic stage as it seems this area is one of the last places to get anything new.

derek
06-01-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I'm still striking out. Not only haven't I seen a Lando but I haven't even seen a single figure from this wave. I'm not to my panic stage as it seems this area is one of the last places to get anything new.

i haven't seen them anywhere in texas yet. and so far they haven't really hit e-bay with much force either.(which would indicate they are everywhere) so far i've only heard of them being found on the west coast, up in the north east and lousiana.:confused:

either SARS is really having an impact on getting new stuff out, or hasbro has drastically cut production of the 12 inch line.

tagmac
06-08-2003, 02:54 AM
I haven't seen a thing in Jersey of the Lando Wave. Heck, the last time I saw the Anakin wave was when I bought them months ago. They're long gone, yet there are still plenty of Imp. Officers, Zam's, and Super Battle Droids - even Dooku, Dengar and Zuckuss are still available! I would have to agree - either SARS is preventing a lot of stuff from being made in China, or Hasbro killed the production. I certainly hope the new assortment is more plentiful. I want the Ewoks, but I think they're gonna be just one per case, and thus impossible to find.

Thunderstorm1
06-08-2003, 09:13 AM
I found this wave last week at a TRU here in Louisville. They had two of each. So don't give up they are still shipping!

jonthejedi
06-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Here it is the middle of June...no Lando 12" wave anywhere here in Maryland that I've heard. Everyone's sitting on Dengar/Anakin with robotic hand waves.

Wampa
06-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I emailed Hasbro this morning regarding the avaliability of these products. I specifically asked when they will ship to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest. We have been told they have shipped.

All current Hasbro products are carried by Toys R Us http://www.toysrus.com. Most or all Hasbro products can be found at your local Wal-Mart http://www.wal-mart.com,
Kmart http://www.kmart.com,
Target http://www.target.com,
Kay-Bee http://www.kbtoys.com
and other toy and mass merchandise retailers.

Some of our products can also be found online at
http://www.entertainmentearth.com
http://www.boardgames.com/, http://www.iwanttoplay.com, http://www.zanybrainy.com , http://www.candywarehouse.com, or http://www.areyougame.com

Please keep in mind that depending on time of year, retailer distribution systems, store inventory and sales patterns, it may take from several weeks up to several months after the availability dates given for some products to show up on store shelves!

We apologize but we cannot guarantee product availability at any one store, nor are we able to offer the product for direct sales.

Hasbro

Keep waiting I guess!

derek
06-17-2003, 06:39 PM
i'm thinking that hasbro made a really small batch of the lando/han/AT driver wave due to poor sales in the 12" line. and i'm convinced these limited number of figures have only been sent to certain parts of the country, not intentionally, but that's just how it worked out.

this wave hit the west coast in april. since i can recall, when something hit california, almost always it was in texas 2-3 weeks later. i always watch for stuff hitting california so i can know to start looking in my area in a few weeks.

well, here we are months later, and i've seen nothing from the skiff lando wave, they aren't showing up on e-bay hardly at all, and none of the online stores are getting any more.

i think this could be the begining of the end for the 12 inch line.:cry:

mini-rock
06-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing derek. This year we are getting what, 10 figures? So far 4 of them are characters we already have. Maybe cutting back a bit, and concentrating on other characters for a while is the way to go. Hmm?

Wampa
06-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I dont know about that. I own an industrial manufacturing company that manufacturers products for home and office ergonomics, more specifically Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. All retail manufacturers are basiclly alike in that we manufacture and distribute for low production cost and high gross adjusted income. I do not manufacture toys but I believe Hasbro made a smart business move. Your east and west coast regions are the largest for retail sales simply because they are more densely populated. Hasbro released these products banking on the fact that they would be instant hits and immediate sell-outs. Now if they are anything like my company, they had R & D, and soft-tooling done with this wave when the Dengar wave was released. The Dengar wave is still piling up on shelves so Hasbro pulled the plug on this wave. Hasbro would not pull remaining Dengar wave figures to make room for the new wave. That would really burn retailers. At least on my end I see a wise business move but the collector in me says bad news because if we have not seen them on the shelves by now, they probably wont make it here.

Wampa
06-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Mini-rock, I was typing my reply so I did not receive a chance to first read your post, I believe you are correct in that assumption!

derek
06-17-2003, 10:45 PM
This year we are getting what, 10 figures?
hey mini-rock,

we're getting more than that......

1. anakin*
2. padme
3. geo warrior
4. luke on tauntaun*
5. boussh leia*
6. skiff lando
7. han solo*
8. AT-ST driver
9. gamorrean guard
10.leia/speederbike
11. jedi luke*
12. scout trooper*
13. ewok
14. ewok
15. yoda

and if hasbro follows their schedule, a possible 3 figure wave at the end of the year.(???)

*...........but you are right, too many re-hashes.

i still wish hasbro would junk the idea of making the 12 inch line for kids, and concentrate on the adult/collector market with hi-quality 12 inch figures.:)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hey wampa,

so if i read your post correctly, you just think hasbro is producing less, not necessarly ending the line?

Wampa
06-18-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm presenting a hypothetical scenario as though my company were in this situation. I would either cut the number of waves released per year or release fewer figures per wave. A basic manufacturing principle...supply and demand. Although the adult collectors are screaming for more new figures and less resculpts, we are probably less than twenty percent or so of their market. Not enough for Hasbro. This line of 12" figures is most likely surviving due to rehashed figures. This should only last a season or two, or until consumer confidence starts to grow. Once that happens we should see more new sculpts. You see, I believe Hasbro is rehashing due to necessity. A rehashed figure brings the same amount of net profit at the register but only costs a quarter the amount to R & D and produce. A good example was the Dengar wave. That wave, of all new figures, was most likely developed during a steady economy. If the Dengar wave sold out and created more of that gross adjusted income, you may have noticed more of the Lando wave on the shelves. The good good news is, the Lando wave collector value will skyrocket. No this is not the end or anywhere near it. Keep hope that consumer confidence will grow then we will see some interesting figures coming down the pipeline!

jonthejedi
06-19-2003, 11:50 AM
I live in Md., and I've not seen the 12" Lando wave anywhere...Toys R Us, Target, WalMart or KayBee!

gtrain29
06-22-2003, 07:21 PM
How often is this issue brought up? It seems like 4 times a year we all speculate on whether or not the 12" wave has been cancelled, but it always sticks around.

As I recall, the wave was scheduled for release in april, and here it's only june. I didn't see the Dooku wave in stores until 5 months after the scheduled release, and the same for the Dengar wave.

So I won't be worrying until this fall. However, I will admit that it's strange that there are so few on ebay, and the majority seem to be from overseas sellers.

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by derek

i think this could be the begining of the end for the 12 inch line.:cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... please DUNNNNNNN!!!!

I hope they will still continue this line of dolls.... but in anticipation of this "business" move, i have also started my collection on the Unleashed series so that i dun become a ZOMBIE if Hasbro really decides to cut this line off.

:cry:

derek
08-07-2003, 02:55 PM
well this wave finally showed up at my local toys 'r us. it looks like they only got one case(2 of each figure). i picked up one set, and lando is the best of the three, and that ain't saying much since han and the AT-ST driver are pretty bad.............so you're welcome hasbro. i'm doing my part to keep this line going! :o

gtrain29
08-11-2003, 03:54 PM
This is the 2nd time I've seen the lando wave here in KC, MO. Fortunately, I had money this time, and picked up the Lando and AT-ST driver.
Although I still think the ATST driver was an odd choice for the 12" line, I really like this figure and think he may better than the lando. They both look great displayed on my shelf, though. Hope the rest of you get better luck hunting for them.
I hope now that these figures' accessories have been produced, we may get a Weequay and General Veers someday.

derek
08-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Although I still think the ATST driver was an odd choice for the 12" line, I really like this figure and think he may better than the lando. They both look great displayed on my shelf

i'm really glad that hasbro is using their better articulated bodies on some of their newer figures, but for the AT-ST driver the newer joe body is a bad match. i swapped him out with a HOF body, as his CC Joe legs are just way too short and his helmet and head are just too big for the CC joe body.

tagmac
08-25-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't know if this is a sign that the Lando wave is actually gonna hit, but for the first time in months, I found what looked like a case-worth of the Padme wave in my local TRU. Likely they were simply sitting in the back all this time, but I don't know.

derek
08-25-2003, 07:58 PM
I don't know if this is a sign that the Lando wave is actually gonna hit.....

the last few weeks, i've been seeing the lando wave at almost every toys 'r us i visit. give it another month and everyone should be able to find this wave fairly easily.:)

.........and now that i have both lando's, i didn't think i'd say this, but the original bespin lando is a much better likeness of billy dee williams, it just needs a better paint job.:)

Tycho
08-25-2003, 11:31 PM
No Way!

I just got my Lando Skiff Guard today from a friend that found the wave in southern San Diego stores (it's not hitting in the central county area probably due to shelf-warmers).

Lando is awesome and his likeness is right on! He might be a bit darker than Billy Dee Williams, but the sculpt sure looks like him! 3 accessories, the gun going in the holster, the Joe hand grip feature, the uniform and helmet detail! Dang when they do it good they do it good! I was thoroughly impressed with Lando and the 12" got me back into his character, too.

The AT-ST Driver I asked my buddy to pick up for me, understanding that I might ask him to return it. It's too cool to be sent back. I haven't opened him, nor do I plan to for a while. He's for my Vietnam scene, so it'll probably be a while.*

*I don't collect GI Joe or Universal Soldiers, but I loved looking at those lines. A guy I've met in my comic shop that does collect them, made really cool scenes with props, muddying them up, and forming platoons in combat! OK, well I can't recreate Hamburger Hill exactly, nor would I have room even if I got my dream house with all the sapce for SW scenes in it. So I want to do this instead:

2 Death Star Troopers
1 Imperial Army Officer (black unif.)
1 Imperial Navy Officer
1 AT-ST Driver (heavy equipment spec.)

vs.

black Endor Rebel Soldier
2 white Endor Rebel Soldiers
GI Joe add-ins, or Ultimate Soldier add-ins, with extra SW weapons

I don't think I'll add stormtroopers or scout troopers, even if they re-release them. I don't think I'll use Ewoks in the scene either.

See, if I could afford the cash and the space, I'd do dioramas from the films:

Last of the Mohicans
The Patriot
Glory
Gettysburg
Legends of the Fall
Pearl Harbor
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line
Platoon
Three Kings
Black Hawk Down
Predator (and in that case, I'd use the Predator alien)

Human, unarmored, Imperials and Rebels, from the Battle Of Endor, come the closest I could get to satisfying this urge.

I still think the uniforms and costumes from the 1700's and a little bit lesser the 1800's, could lend themselves to some kick-butt dioramas!
I know they made a figure of George Washington, but I would have liked a whole pool table's worth of warriors to set up and fight!

But what was my point? Oh yeah, I dug the AT-ST Driver. A nice surprise!

Viet-endor here I come!

gtrain29
08-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I thought the Lando Skiff was a better likeness, too. The skin tone was way too dark, though. But I'm happy with both the landos. Bring on the Lando General now!!! Maybe even a 2pack with Nien Numb.

Tycho, you should open the ATST driver. It's great. I was confused about whether the goggles go over the inside or outsid of the helmet, but after watching ROTJ again, I saw that they go inside. Looks great in the pose he has on the box though. Plus, since you can't really see his face, I could get another one to use as an imp officer head.

Turbowars
09-22-2003, 02:48 AM
We have a issue with some guys that like to buy 12" SW figures and return them with GI-Joes and other non SW figures in the box. The store doesn't seem to care. They just put them out for some parents to buy for a B-day and when the kid opens it, he's going to be POed!! I would have liked that Lando and Driver, but no, some moneyless jerk has to rip us off.:mad:

Exhaust Port
09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
What? That sucks!! I can't believe the store would let someone get away with that. Just one more reason that I feel that TRU is a sub-par store.

bobafrett
09-22-2003, 01:40 PM
That would definitly **** me off wanting a Lando for my birthday, and opening it up to find a GI JOE instead. I mean you can't blame the gift giver, especially if they aren't familiar with Star Wars characters.

Shame on that TRU for excepting them back like that though. At Wal-Mart, you can return just about anything. We would get all sorts of odd items that we didn't even ever sell at our store.

JediTricks
09-23-2003, 01:41 AM
Yeah, the 12" line has been a long sufferer of this sort of thing in this town. The old Cinema Scene line had its fair share of these problems too. TRU is always the worst offender I see here, its like their employees are checking baggage at the airport or something, letting every offense go by while looking for toenail clippers or daydreaming about when they won't be stupid. I used to turn these in to the employees, but half the time I'd get hit with cow-eyed stares and drool, the other half I had to convince them that I knew what I was talking about. Then there were the handful of choice cuts of stew meat who would simply take it from my hand and nod, only to have it magically appear back on the shelves the next day.

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Just goes to show that TRU needs a bit of good competition from another toy store to force them to clean up their act.

derek
09-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Just goes to show that TRU needs a bit of good competition from another toy store to force them to clean up their act.

i don't know if that's possible, as numerous toy r us stores in my area are closing and one of the few kb toys close to my house closed as well. stores like wal mart are probably killing toys r us and wal mart now dosen't even sell the 12 inch line. :confused:

it's obvious toys r us dosen't care and are paying the price for their laziness.

Exhaust Port
09-23-2003, 04:12 PM
TRU is continuing to water down it's product around here. They've combined the failing Babies R Us with the TRU meaning that about 1/3 of the floor space is now for infant stuff. Not only is there less room on the floor but they've reduced their storage space as well so they run out of product more frequently and can't replace it nearly as quickly. Last Christmas was the first with the new combined store and they got hammered for it. They didn't more nearly as much as before and a lot more customers were disappointed not to find a lot of the toys they wanted.

Dr Zoltar
09-23-2003, 06:07 PM
I was forced to go to Babies R Us this past weekend to get a baby gift for my wife's friend who had registered there. The staff was pathetic. The registry kiosk printed random pages of the registry and when we asked for help, the staff insisted it was out of paper – even thought the people behind us used it and it printed fine. Product was scatters around the store in no conceivable arrangement – infant toys were at two separate ends of the store. When we went to the checkout, all 8 were open but each one was moving very slow. The lady in front of us wanted to make two separate purchases (1/2 of her stuff on a credit card and ˝ in cash) but the cashier couldn’t figure it out. Then the register tape ran out and the cashier loaded it in correctly so even though our transaction went through, the receipt to sign was scrunched up and unreadable. We told the cashier we had it and just to void our transaction (which took another 15 minutes because they couldn’t read the receipt to see what our total was). We had to ask for a copy of the credit back receipt as they were going to keep it. While this was going on an elderly gentleman became frustrated at the wait and abandoned his cart and items in line and walked out. To top it off, 3 of the 8 cashiers left at 5 pm because their shifts were over causing the people in their lines to find another cashier. Utter chaos.

OK, a bit of a tangent from TRU, but it gives a good idea of what customer service is like in their company’s stores

Paul Heaberlin
09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
No, the problem is that people know that in order to return something they ***** and moan and complain. Ya can't tell a customer NO. heaven forbid that you look some customer (you know perfectly well is full of CRAP) in the eye and tell them no. You get a call withtin 24 hours from your home office telling you to 1 apologize to a customer, 2 give them their money back and 3 give them a Gift certificate for 100$.

Sorry, I work in retail and see CRAP like this all the time.

derek
09-23-2003, 09:35 PM
i've heard stories on this forum of TRU managers kicking box swappers out of their stores before as they tried to make a return. i know they are probably rare ocurances, but apparently it does happen.

tagmac
09-23-2003, 11:23 PM
I used to be a department manager in JC Penney's, and you should have seen the stuff people tried to return...including box swapping of kitchen containers, etc. And since the store manager had no guts, he wouldn't back us up and we HAD to take the stuff back. Heck, even if we said no, all a customer would have to do is scream, yell, and insist that we sold them the "defective merchandise," sometimes stuff we didn't even CARRY!

The only place that seems to have the guts to say no is Target. I tried to return two figures once, but even though the prices were the same, and the store did carry the merchandise, since they weren't the exact figures listed on the receipt, they would no take it back. Funny thing is, Target seems to be doing quite well regardless, yet these other stores like Penneys and TRU think they're gonna lose customers if they say no. If they only realized how much more money they're losing by taking back everything, maybe we'd see less of these problems.

Jedi Master Silas
09-24-2003, 12:40 AM
This is a growing problem with more then just SW toys. I remember when the AT AT was out a few years ago and were kind of hard to find here in WV. Ther first one we found had NO figures in the box. The second not only had any figures but had to AT AT....just a bunch of junk in it. Theres no way anyone who touched that box couldnt have known something was wrong. This was at the old Ames department stores but I've seen it at Wal Mart and TRU as well. Good food for thought.....check before you buy! :frus:

JediTricks
09-24-2003, 02:24 AM
I hear "no" all the time from TRU customer service, mostly when I have legitimate problems. Here's what I loathe about TRU in my area, they've recently added a policy that shoots down all "collectibles" returns - even legitimate ones - yet somehow, these same TRU stores still manage to get tons of box-swaps on their shelves.

Tonysmo
09-24-2003, 04:42 AM
ok.. Im getting mixed signals from this post.. I certainly understand the frustration of tru putting out messed up merchandise.. Nobody wants GunHO in a lando box. However, it sounds as if you guys are suggesting companies throughly thrash consumers trying to return "valid" returns in some aspects. A few companies I have delt with in the past have made me resort to methods I should not have had to because thier return policy was less than desirable. Certainly there should be a staff member to take a good hard look at whats being returned to make sure its legit, but Ive had instances where they wouldnt take stuff back in any case. I had a cordless phone I purchased from Circuit City. It was broken within 7 months of purchase. I am one of those that doesnt believe in extended warrenties because I feel if it breaks, you had better replace it. specially if it breaks within the 1st year.. so... I call the store to ask them if they had any of the phones still in stock. They did not carry the phones anymore,. but they had a store about 30 miles from me that did have a few left. so.. I call that store and let them know I had a broken phone and that I would be glad to drive out there to have them replace it. They told me they couldnt replace it, but would be happy to send it out to have it fixed. I explained that that would be unexceptable because that would leave me without a phone.. err DUH! I told them I could come in, they could replace it - and send out the broken one back to the manufacturer in which they got it.. IS THIS NOT A STANDARD PROCEDURE?! not for them. They refused that request. so I escalated.. ( cool telco word for asking for the manager.. ) The manager told me no.. I asked if this was the way they treated all the customers who had bought broken equipment from them.. he said most people are smart enough to buy the warrenty.. I giggled at his bad customer service and asked for the home office #.. as I wanted to take this to a corporate level.. ( I love to escalate ) soooo.. I call the corp office of Circuit City and talked to the customer rep.
I told her that regardless of a warrenty, if a phone is broke, they wouldnt be putting it back on the shelf, they would sent it back to the manufacturer and that all I needed was a replacement and that I was willing to go out of my way to have it replaced. SHE said nope. THEN had the audacity to say - "this isnt Walmart" so I say - no sh**, walmart has better product, better prices, and better service.. I also told her I have the power of the net at my hands and that a Circuit City web page was in the works to tell the public how I was treated.. **thinking** this may get her attention, I failed. she said " do whatcha gotta do.. "

hmm.. I was stunned.
see.. customer service may suck if your not the customer.. but the whole point is THE CUSTOMER WINS. Hands down, no arguements, gimme what I want, or I make a huge stink. I was shocked at how they treated this. So shocked that I decided to give them thier broken phone back, the only way I knew how.. I went to the store that had them.. Bought a new one. took it home, took out the phone, but left all the cords and stuff all wrapped up - replaced the broken phone with the new one, and took it back to the store for a refund.. which i promptly recieved..

now.. the bad part - is they most likely put that broken phone right back on the shelf. This is not what I intended for them, but hey - I tried to do it the right way.. but noooooo.. they wouldnt do it. Now some poor soul has to go through all kinds of crude because they couldnt take the dang thing back and send it out themselves..

Walmart, and many other stores take things back that I wouldnt ever even think of taking back.. Heck, Walmart is king.. Gee, these diapers already got Sh** in them! um, these batteries are dead..
but seriously - I know what I did wasnt cool - but then I never claimed to be cool. I did what I needed to do to relace my broken phone. They chose not to help.
Ive had many many great experiences with getting things replaced. CompUSA was awesome at allowing me to return a fried router.. the manager replaced it for me.. all was good. This should be standard for all. They dont lose money when they send back broken stuff to the manufacturer. they get credit for it.

wha? what were we talking about? oh yeah - 12" Lando.. sorry - needed to vent. Im on the end of a help desk phone. I make things happen - all positive. NO isnt a word I use at work. I guess I expect the same.

Macross90210
09-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Tonysmo, I don't know of any store that gives you almost a year to return stuff without some sort of extended warrenty. I think the limit is 90 days for many stores. After that, you have to use the manufacturer's warrently that come in the box. Yes this involves sending it to the company so you would either need another phone or go phoneless. Not the company's fault you don't have another phone.

stillakid
09-26-2003, 03:04 PM
A new Return Policy idea:

Why not code the returned item so that there is a name, phone number, and (if applicable) an account number attached to it (verified at the time of return by proper identification). That way, if the item does make it to a shelf without being adequately checked by employees (like the AT AT example from above) then when the customer inevitably comes back with justifiable anger, the employee just has to cross-reference the appropriate code (which was attached to the box somehow) with the info in the computer.

Then the store can take legal action, which I suspect would be a felony charge for theft and something like pre-meditated deceptive sales (because a "return" is essential an individual selling an item back to the store.) I suspect that something like this would curtail a lot of the problems.

Macross90210
09-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Taking the person's info down is a good idea but the item should be verified to be correct before put back out on the floor. If put back on the floor with the code attatched, the person could have returned it correctly but if someone tampers with it in the store, the person that returned it honestly will get the blame for something they didn't do. This could lead to a suit against the store for false accusations. If the store is the only person to handle it besides the customer, a accusation could hold up better.

Exhaust Port
09-26-2003, 05:00 PM
This is an issue that should be addressed at the time of return and not require taking personal information. If the store doesn't carry the item, it was obviously damaged through use, etc. the they shouldn't allow the return in the first place.

JediTricks
09-27-2003, 01:16 AM
TRU almost always takes down info when doing exchanges, they just don't DO anything with that info.

Exhaust Port
09-27-2003, 10:24 AM
I can't stand that TRU asks for your phone number everytime you buy something there to send you promotions. Even when I work there they still ask me.

tagmac
09-28-2003, 03:55 PM
I was in TRU yesterday and saw a Separitist Screen Scene....with the table missing! I'm assuming someone simply ripped it out of the package, but after reading this thread, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a return. The thing that I don't get is, why take the table and leave the figures?

On the plus side, they FINALLY had some new figures in there, albeit the reissue Han/Leia wave.

gsr-jedi
09-29-2003, 11:57 PM
The problem with the TRU employees, is that they're morons. This is why, they don't catch THE FACT THAT THE PICTURE ON THE BOX DOESN'T MATCH THE FIGURE IN THE BOX.

This thread reminded me of a time I went to TRU and bought 4 DBZ figures. They were all from the same wave. I scanned the price of one, but not all. I paid, and didn't catch the prices then. When I looked at my receipt, three of the figures were $9, and one was $6 (the one I scanned). So I walked back in, showed the person at the customer service desk, and they said, no they wouldn't correct the price. They said, these three must be deluxe figures or something. Even though they were all on the backs of each other's packaging. So I just got mad and returned all 4. If I didn't explain it properly, imagine buying 4 gold band saga figures, 3 are $6 & one is $5. When you tell them, this is wrong, I want my money back, they say no, they are different, even though, a monkey could tell they are the same.

Wampa
10-19-2003, 10:12 AM
The Lando wave has finally hit Dallas. The TRU in Lewisville has received them as of 10-18-03!! There are not many on the shelves. The ones I found were "hidden" behind other older 12" figures. Just to let you know.

Exhaust Port
10-19-2003, 11:11 PM
I've just about given up hoping that this wave would make it to a shelf around here. Perhaps it's time I got back to TRU and see if they plan on getting it at some point. I just want Lando!

bobafett07728
10-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Hmmmm. . . guess I should start checking my local TRU more often. . .

derek
10-20-2003, 05:00 PM
yea, check TRU out, as i've seen this wave at numerous TRU stores.:)

Turbowars
10-25-2003, 07:52 PM
I found the 12" AT-ST Driver and Han today, but no Lando. I left Han there, bought the Driver. They must have stocked the night before or Lando isn't seeing the shelves. I think he's going out the back, because I was there last night pretty late.

Exhaust Port
10-26-2003, 07:02 AM
I made a trip to TRU yesterday and sure enough they had about 5 of the AT-ST Driver and Han Solo but no Lando. From the looks of the organization and quanitities I'm guessing they had been out for a week or so. I guess I should have gone back a little more frequently. Darn.

Turambar
10-29-2003, 01:03 PM
When I left Kansas City, all three were clogging up the shelves and look like they will keep the ewok wave off for a long time to come.

bobafett07728
10-29-2003, 05:08 PM
When I left Kansas City, all three were clogging up the shelves and look like they will keep the ewok wave off for a long time to come.
Wow! There's a prime example of shotty distribution! I haven't seen the Lando or Ewok wave at retail here. But they were clogging up the shelves there? GEEZ!!! Well, I hope you do get the Ewok wave eventually. I preordered that wave after the Lando Skiff distribution fiasco was clear to be a mess (didn't want to miss out on two waves.) Still waiting for a sign of Lando and his assortment though. :confused:

Turbowars
11-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Lando can't even be found on e-bay!

Turbowars
11-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Lando can't even be found on e-bay!Well there is one for 35 buy it now. I was going to jump on it, but I had to use the bath room and when I came back some Jackass bid on it, so no more BIN! Oh it's probably better anyways, maybe I can find it in the stores. If anyone finds Skiff Lando, can you please pick it up for me. I want 2, so if I find one before you I'll still buy it and you wont be stuck with it.

Tycho
11-23-2003, 12:16 AM
I got these at Toys R Us probably 2 months ago.

The situation now (by me):

Grossmont Toys R Us (LaMesa California, San Diego area) has tons of:

Mace Windu (exclusive)
Dooku
Zam Wessel
Super Battle Droid
Dengar
Zuckuss (possibly)
Imperial Officer
AT-ST Driver (a few that are likely mistaken for Imp Officers)
Han Solo - probably 1-2 (the same ones that came from the case I got Lando from)

SOLD OUT were Padme (luckily), Anakin with Constipation, and the Ubber-Cool Geonosian Warrior (of course!)

There may be 50 12" figures from amongst the above at my store.

THERE IS NO ROOM (ZERO) TO STOCK ANY NEW 12" FIGURES. WHAT THEY HAVE IS OVER-FLOWING!

Pacific Beach Toys R Us (Linda Vista, California, San Diego area):

I assume it's similar to the above situation, however, their boys' toys manager is on the ball and orders and displays his product 100 times better. I haven't gone down to this store in a while, but I'm betting a few more figures have sold. But they really need to put them on SALE to get rid of it all. I have hopes for after-Christmas, but this store IS GETTING SMALL AMOUNTS OF THE LANDO WAVE - HOWEVER CALRISSIAN IS REALLY THE ONLY FIGURE THAT SELLS IN THIS ASSORTMENT.

The Ewoks are on order. I think that case is this:

3 Lukes
3 Yodas
1 Bikerscout
1 Ewok two-pack

However, I propose this:

Hasbro repack a case after that as such:

2 Lando Skiff Guards
2 Ewok two-packs
2 Bikerscouts
2 Yodas

Then after

3 Garindans
3 Obi-Wan Kenobis
2 Jawa two-packs

I'd go:

1 Jawa two-pack
1 Han Solo potato head
1 AT-ST Driver
1 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
2 NEW FIGURE
2 NEW FIGURE

Personally, I'd have them add a single-box LEIA ENDOR with a normal face,
and maybe a single-box BIB FORTUNA or DEATH STAR GUNNER, so they won't be too strapped by any reinvestment into this toy line.

Then I'd let the 12" sales recover, and continue to get out product like a prequel wave such as:

2 Plo Koon - mass release gets their money back
2 Sea See Tiin
Padme (new outfit)
Poggle the Lesser

and continue on the Classic theme with:

2 Weequay
2 Labrina (Devaronian)
2 Lando General
2 Endor Rebel Soldier (with head sculpt variations)

There are lots of 12" we'd like, but I think they should continue with themes that people have figures that go with them:

Arena Battle
Mos Eisley Spaceport
Sarlaac Battle (Jabba the Hutt's)
Battle of Endor

Certainly there are other topics of interest in Star Wars, but certain figures will sell other figures they compliment, right?

Anyway, that's my suggestion on how to save the 12" line, and help them make their money's worth.

Turbowars
11-23-2003, 12:25 AM
I bought a full case and it goes like this,

2 Lukes instead of 3
2 Yodas instead of 3
1 Bikerscout
1 Ewok two-pack

Man I was POed when I found out there was only one Scout!! BTW Tycho, we need you to figure out the assortments for hasbro for now on!:D

Tycho
11-23-2003, 02:13 AM
It makes it harder when I learned that there are only 6 figures to a case.

I might take the time to re-do my case breakdown as I prescribed above, but it's not so tempting because I doubt Hasbro is reading this thread - plus they should have somebody there that can figure this stuff out - and they are getting paid for it, I'm not.

Meanwhile, let's talk about Hasbro for a minute:

supposedly:

1) there are true SW fans working on SW now, and there have been for most of the history of the line, vintage and modern. They really are inclusionists, that is, toy makers that as fans, want to see every character that lit up the movie screen make it into as many toy incarnations as are possible. (I wished they were bigger fans of the novels).

2) they supposedly collect as well, but allegedly, they have to buy their toys at retail, just like we do. It would simplify payroll if they did not get product right out of their office - plus it's not produced there. It's shipped directly to retailer distribution hubs after it comes in to the country, back from China. So to get carded figures, they cannot possibly get them from their home office. Maybe a case sample is sent to their promotions department for conventions, and displays give them a little more. But a paycheck is a paycheck, and benefits are vacation pay, medical insurance, etc. - action figures at wholesale prices would present an interesting tax statement, so I don't think they get "paid in SW toys." Finally, it's intelligent for them to go out and shop for their own collection, because it keeps them aware of what's sitting and what's selling, and what's not getting out there.

I hope some of Hasbro's own collectors in the Rhode Island area work in distribution and marketing.

Seems to me they are doing a good job overall.

So what's the problem?

Dooku - was an excellent figure. Maybe they over-produced him?

Zam Wessel was fallable: she should have had nicer arms with real clothing on them, and the head and body proportions should have been nicer.

Super Battle Droid should have had twisting wrists, and possibly been a little larger.

Dengar is great. Perhaps he's just been released too late after the other bounty hunters to make him chased as much? Or a new Han Bespin should have been released in the wave to give him an adversary.

Zuckuss - is selling better, because he's just an interesting alien, but ditto on the comments about Dengar.

Imperial Officer is plain, but offering some Rebel soldiers to allow military 12" collectors to do their own combat scenerios would've made these more popular, as well as giving them 2 or more head sculpts.

AT-ST Driver - ditto. He's pretty good though.

Han Solo - should never have passed quality control. Harrison Ford is such an icon figure in movies, everyone should know what he looks like. This figure best compliments Super Mister Potato Head, and I don't think there is a large market for these brand names being crossed-collected.

Lando's perfect, and a main character hero everyone's wanted for years, so no duh he's selling out. The only way he'll sit is if they overproduce him.

But I would have done it this way:

Never released that Han head sculpt - and add in his Endor cloak, so you can make him however you wanted him - OR made him Bespin Han, and put him in the wave with Dengar and Zuckuss - his enemies.

Taken Dooku out of old cases, and saved him to release with Episode 3 figures, as the demand will be back, and it was a well received figure.

Put the extra Super Battle Droids in a case with the regular Battle Droid figure recycled with rust paint, and put out Plo Koon en mass.

Saved Zam Wessel for some later shipment, too. Maybe re-pack her with the alien face on, and show on the box that she can become a woman. Variation hunters may take the bait on the packaging change.

Put out the AT-ST Driver and Imperial Officer slowly, perhaps one with an Endor Rebel Soldier and the Biker Scout, and the Ewoks in that assortment.

Later put Luke, the other Imperial from above, and Yoda in that assortment.

I don't know why they don't rethink this stuff and collect some of the crap that's lingering at TRU. There and KB are the last hopes for the 12" line.

mm74md
11-24-2003, 12:26 PM
I saw this wave yesterday at my local TRU. They had them all. Lando looks great, but I can't get over the fact that with that helmet on he looks like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to this Lando figure.

Instead of wasting more money on a poor 12" line figure, I spent an extra $10 to finally get the Luke Skywalker with Tauntaun that's on 1/2 price clearance.

Now I just need the Saga Biker Scout

Turbowars
12-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Man, I caved in and bought 2 of these guys from a e-bay seller. I paided 29.99 each and 8 bucks shipping. I always try to forget about the cost of shipping. Anways wow he is AWESOME. Another fav to add to my collection.

Exhaust Port
12-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Congrats on your 12" victory, I hope I can score him too. I'm off for a store crawl tomorrow. Perhaps the SW fairy will be kind to me. :)

derek
12-04-2003, 11:03 PM
he's OK, but i was kinda disapointed with him. his skin is way too dark for billy dee williams skin tone, and i think the original lando looks more like him. the skiff lando looks like walter payton.:)

but he's miles better than the other two figures in this wave, i just wish hasbro would make wee-quey. :happy:

humsup
12-09-2003, 04:06 AM
Man, I was missing out on all the current SW 12" releases these past year as I was distracted away to Military 12". There was once a chance for me to get Lando Skiff for USD14 - I was from Singapore and an average SW 12" can set me back USD40 each. Therefore USD14 is really a steal. But I was blinded then by all the cool military stuffs.
But I'm back... kinda, and am merging all the good things from military 12" to SW 12" and uses all their nude bare body to swap away Hasbro's crappy ones... I'm BACK!

Ook
12-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Somebody on RS said he saw a SHELF of Skiff Landos locally. You guys might want to look around for that post. (I don't remember where it is...)

anirbas12
12-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Here in Singapore... we are facing SW 12" drought. Most of the toyshops dun want to bring them in cos the market of these dolls is small.... i'm one of the "dying" breed of pure SW 12" must-have collector :cry:

Is the Lando Wave readily available on your retail shelves??? :dis:

bobafrett
12-14-2003, 10:17 AM
I saw 3, 12" Lando's at TRU yesterday, so they are out there!

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Here in Singapore... we are facing SW 12" drought. Most of the toyshops dun want to bring them in cos the market of these dolls is small.... i'm one of the "dying" breed of pure SW 12" must-have collector :cry:

Is the Lando Wave readily available on your retail shelves??? :dis:To answer your question, NO they are not readily available. I hunt all the time and have never once seen them. Another way to know if there is a lot out there is if E-bay has a lot up for auction.

Tycho
12-14-2003, 02:28 PM
We have 2 -3 Landos between my 2 TRUs. They've been sitting for several days. Likely because people haven't expected to find them OR because they've already bought them online.

JediTricks
12-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Finally saw this figure on the shelf with the other 2. Passed it up because Lando is way too dark, unfortunately, and I have to be frugal. I think most folks will not bother digging into the 12" figs anymore now that they see that awful Han figure, what was Hasbro thinking there?!?

Tycho
12-15-2003, 04:18 AM
It's Super Mr. Potato Head

You can make Han a potato head

With eyes and ears and so many noses

He's as bad as Padme but in different clotheses

Yeah, it's Super Mr. Potato Head

You can make Han a potato head...

tah-dah-tah-dah-tah-dah

*Hasbro makes Mr. Potato Head. This is an example of cross-brand marketing.

Turbowars
12-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Finally saw this figure on the shelf with the other 2. Passed it up because Lando is way too dark, unfortunately, and I have to be frugal. I think most folks will not bother digging into the 12" figs anymore now that they see that awful Han figure, what was Hasbro thinking there?!?When his Helmit is on it doesn't matter that he is too dark. Even if you liked the skin tone, you probably wouldn't like something else about him.;)

JediTricks
12-16-2003, 01:16 AM
And how do you know I was going to display him with his helmet on, mister smarty pants? I'm sure if I was desparate for it to be done right, I could just swap Lando bodies, but I don't like paying for a figure that ain't right for no good reason at all, not to mention sacrificing my original Lando.

Turbowars
12-16-2003, 07:41 PM
And how do you know I was going to display him with his helmet on, mister smarty pants? I'm sure if I was desparate for it to be done right, I could just swap Lando bodies, but I don't like paying for a figure that ain't right for no good reason at all, not to mention sacrificing my original Lando.That's right, I'm MR. Smarty Pants!!;)

JediTricks
12-17-2003, 04:07 AM
That's right, I'm MR. Smarty Pants!!;)
Well, I thought it would be rude to call you by your given name, "Mister Bite Me". :D ;)

Turbowars
12-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Well, I thought it would be rude to call you by your given name, "Mister Bite Me". :D ;)Lets not go there.;)

Turbowars
01-03-2004, 12:14 PM
I saw Lando and AT-ST at a local TRU yesterday. Funny thing is the Han was gone and he's the worst in the wave.:eek:

Exhaust Port
01-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I guess yet another trip to TRU is in order. Other than my Han sighting a few months ago, not a single figure of this wave has popped up. Until they can unload their Zam's the rest will probably stay in storage.

Wampa
01-03-2004, 04:23 PM
I too saw mulitple Lando's and AT-ST Driver's at TRU today but only one Han!

Exhaust Port
02-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey, I finally found Lando and the AT-ST driver!!!! Bonus! I'm thrilled with the Lando figure and fairly happy with the AT-ST driver. My only problem with the AT-ST Driver is that his goggle strap is too long requiring me to put it on over his helmet in order to tighten the elastic enough to keep it on. It ends up sitting right on his face but it looks a bit off with the strap on the outside of the helmet. Until I can fix that he'll stay that way. Over all, I really like these 2 figures.

tagmac
02-22-2004, 08:27 PM
FINALLY got Skiff Lando today! The dealer I used to go to at my local flea market was able to get one for me, and even though it was $30, this was the only time I'd even seen the figure! :)

I'm a bit disappointed, as it looks like I'll never get my hands on the AT-ST Driver, but Lando's the one I wanted the most. Gotta admit, it's a really nice-looking figure.

Turambar
02-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey, I finally found Lando and the AT-ST driver!!!! Bonus! I'm thrilled with the Lando figure and fairly happy with the AT-ST driver. My only problem with the AT-ST Driver is that his goggle strap is too long requiring me to put it on over his helmet in order to tighten the elastic enough to keep it on. It ends up sitting right on his face but it looks a bit off with the strap on the outside of the helmet. Until I can fix that he'll stay that way. Over all, I really like these 2 figures.

I've found that if you put the goggles on first, then the helmet, the helmet will actually help hold the goggles in place even though the elastic strap is too loose. It works quite well with my ATST driver.

Exhaust Port
02-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that.

tagmac
03-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Finally found the Lando wave at TRU this evening!! They only had one of each, and since I already got Lando at a flea market, I only bought the AT-ST Driver. Had to leave the Han Solo, too - that thing looks pathetic!

Considering how long it's taken this "cancelled" set to finally hit stores, perhaps there's still hope for the Ewok wave by me.