PDA

View Full Version : Ketwol in EP1 vs the Hasbro Figure

JEDIpartner
11-15-2001, 12:21 PM
I noticed many members of the forum have spoken of the tusks on the Ketwol figure. I know the picture on the Force File shows the tusks pointing up (as they do in ANH), but I have seen this species all over Tatooine in TPM- especially at the podraces and the tusks appear exactly as they do on the figure. Do you think that the sculpt is based on images/models from TPM as opposed to the ones in the cantina in ANH...

I never got this figure, but thought I'd throw this out there...

Beast
11-15-2001, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's probably based on the masks used for TPM. The only thing I can figure is was they needed a better photograph of the charecter for sculpting reasons, and the only thing they had for the SE of ANH was the CGI charecter. So they used a picture of the charecter from TPM to sculpt Ketwol.

It's obvious that when they were making the E1 masks for other members of Ketwol's species, that the standing up tusks were going to present a problem. Keeping them straight and even in the heat of Tunisia would have been a massive undertaking so I believe the decision was made to change the tusks to hanging ones.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks II

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2001, 04:27 PM
So do all the Ketwols have stunted legs and walk around on stilts too?

JEDIpartner
11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
I was kinda wondering that myself after I posted this one... They all seem to be of "average" or "standard" height in TPM.

What a conundrum! :(

Beast
11-15-2001, 05:21 PM
According to the Force file:

Stilts:
A short Pacithhip, Ketwol wears stilts so he can easily operate machinery and vehicles designed for taller aliens.

So, either the Pacithhip race comes in various heights, or they are all short of stature, and wear stilts. Frankly going by the Force file, Ketwol is just an example of a shorter member of his species.

But, it's really all just EU stuff anyway. So in this case, believe what ya like. Thats the fun of Star Wars, lotsa questions to answer ourselves. Like, what do Jawa's look like under those hoods? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2001, 05:29 PM
Sorry JJ. I never thought JarJar Binks was an angry loner, a dorky one maybe but not angry.:)