PDA

View Full Version : Saga Tie Bomber - Sweet!

mm74md
04-01-2003, 02:46 PM
I finally had a chance to open up my Saga Tie Bomber yesterday. I got mine for $15 at a local WM, but I would've paid full price and then some for this bad boy.

If you've been waiting for the sale, don't. They'll disappear fast due to scalper [EDITED].

It's money well spent. I was very happy to find how solid the ship was compared to the POTJ Tie Interceptor which was very flimsy. My son loves the bombing action feature. He spent all evening "blowing up" his Playskool ships with it. Tons of playable fun with this one.

One Question: Is it to scale with the Tie Interceptor? The TI looks massive compared to the TB.

It really makes me second guess myself :confused: for paying $120 for the Imperial Shuttle :eek: which I'm treating like a museum piece!!!

Just my 2 worth!

Mod Note: Removed an offensive word. Please watch what you type.
DA

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 03:01 PM
I didn't get the Saga version, but I DID get the POTJ one that came out a year ago. It really is a nice piece (and it's my first TIE ANYthing! :) ). With this one in the box and on the shelves, I am really hoping a standard TIE is somewhere over the horizon. I can only imagine the nice job they would do with that baby!

mark2d2
04-01-2003, 03:44 PM
Yep, I gotta say that the TIE BOMBER is STILL my favorite ship in the line thus far. It just blows the rest away.

It's so faithful to the actual film prop.

So solid and sturdy. :D

I think the general consensus is that it is definitely somewhat underscaled. But who cares? It's totally amazing . . .

force
04-03-2003, 06:12 PM
I don't know if this has already been asked, but can somone help me with the skn or sku numbers for the WM SAGA Tie Bomber.

Thanks in advance,
Force

Darth Sidious
04-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I don't know, it seems pretty big to me. Certainly big enough for my tastes. And after loving the tiny Micro Machines TIE Bomber as a little kid, this was easily one of my favorite pieces. In my opinion, it is only beaten by the Republic Gunship. If you don't have it, get it! It was kind of Hasbro to give everyone a second chance. :)

mark2d2
04-04-2003, 05:46 AM
Force --- I'd help you out but I no longer have the box, sorry.

force
04-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks anyways Mark2d2. If anyone one else out there has the skn or sku number it would be appreciated.

QLD
04-04-2003, 10:42 AM
I opened my POTJ version, and I LOVE IT!!!!

....In My Pants!!!!

But like mark, i threw my box away.

mm74md
04-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by force
Thanks anyways Mark2d2. If anyone one else out there has the skn or sku number it would be appreciated.

I still have the box, but I'm at work. I'll take a look this weekend & post if nobody else has.

Just curious, why do you need it? I'm nosey!

mark2d2
04-04-2003, 03:37 PM
He probably wants to call around to far flung Walmarts to see if they have any in stock before he makes the long trek. And the number is the only way he can be certain they actually have the TIE BOMBER in stock over the phone.

Force: May Your Namesake Be With You in your quest to get this ship. It really is a remarkable piece. I seriously cannot recommend the TIE BOMBER enough. Its the high water mark in vehicles.

PS --- I guess the Gunship is well done as well. But it's overall design -- just isn't nearly as wicked cool and this other more obscure Imperial starship with a whopping forty-five seconds or so of screen time. :D

Thunderstorm1
04-04-2003, 08:06 PM
I agree it one of the best ships in the Saga Line! However I am looking forward to the Geonosian Fighter!

Turbowars
04-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Here's the SKU # Force 7693026820, there's also a small 0 in front of the 7 and a small 9 after the last 0. It's too bad you didn't get this baby, there was about 20 at my local WM for about 2 weeks, well it's not really local. LOL

RooJay
04-07-2003, 04:54 PM
For a little help on the question of scale go here: Starship Dimensions (http://zardalu.sytes.net/)

The TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are the fifth and sixth ship down along the right edge of the 10x page. You can also click and drag each to lay over the other.

This is a pretty cool site that I think most Star Wars fans would have a lot of fun with. I actually started a thread topic pointing it out, but no one seems to have responded to it.:confused:

mark2d2
04-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Roo Jay! Resurrect that thread! This site is very cool!