PDA

View Full Version : Emmy-Winning Actor Michael Jeter Dies

Lord Malakite
04-01-2003, 07:19 PM
JBF has just informed me that Michael Jeter (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=796&e=16&u=/eo/11540) has died. He will be missed. :cry:

Kidhuman
04-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Yes he will. Just saw it on ET.

James Boba Fettfield
04-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Jeter was one of those actors I just kind of had the soft spot for. I loved his part in The Green Mile, and I become quite acquainted with him by watching Sesame Street. Being home with younger kids does that to a person. I also liked his small role in Jurassic Park 3.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-01-2003, 08:14 PM
:(

that's extremely sad as he was still so young!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Poor Mr. Noodles...

2-1B
04-02-2003, 11:47 AM
I didn't recognize the name (never watched Evening Shade and don't recall the other Mr. Noodles) but as soon as I learned of his role in The Green Mile, I knew EXACTLY who he was. :cry:
I loved his scenes with Mr. Jingles the circus mouse. :)

JEDIpartner
04-02-2003, 12:13 PM
That's just another unfortunate loss in the world of entertainment. Isn't it something that we are losing all of these low-key, dependable people?

Nell, Lynne and now Mr. Jeter...

Lord Malakite
04-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
That's just another unfortunate loss in the world of entertainment. Isn't it something that we are losing all of these low-key, dependable people?

Nell, Lynne and now Mr. Jeter...

Don't forget Fred Rogers.

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Excluding Nell, they were all staples on PBS for a few years at different times. That's what I noticed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2003, 01:27 PM
I am truly saddened by this news. My mom used to watch "evening shade" and i would too from time to time and he brought some of the funniest moments to the show. He was terrrific as Delacroix in "Green Mile" and even though he had a smile role, it was great to see him in "Jurassic Park III." He will be dearly missed.

Jargo
04-02-2003, 01:39 PM
I'll remember him for his role in The fisher king. The guy had guts, hilariously funny yet able to bring to a tear to your eye at the same time with perfect pathos. I've not seen him in many productions but those I have were good ones. Strangely i never feel much when the big stars go. I feel a real twinge when the familiar faces, who played support all their lives and turned in far better work than stars for less money and less acclaim, pass away. Character actors work their tails off giving 300 percent and stars just have to stand, hit the mark say one or two words and smile with perfect orthodontics. It's sad that we lost another good one. Truly talented actors such as michael are a rarity these days. :(

JEDIpartner
04-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Yes... Fred Rogers as well... :cry:

Fulit
04-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Is this the same "Mr. Noodle" on my kids "Elmo's World" video?

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Is this the same "Mr. Noodle" on my kids "Elmo's World" video?

Yes he is.

Eternal Padawan
04-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Man, I was kinda hoping this was just an April's Fool thread. :(

Technically he was Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle.

Mr. Noodle was played by the guy who was the dad in the Grinch. I forget his name...

I really like Michael Jeter. He always was the character that stuck out in your mind after the movie was done. That's saying something about what kind of performer he was. Farewell. And thanks. :cry: