PDA

View Full Version : Who Shot Mr. Burns???

Deoxyribonucleic
04-02-2003, 10:35 PM
They showed this episode earlier this evening and it made me think of all the hype (a good thing on this one) on radio, tv, magazines and the paper! I was living up in Seattle at the time and one of the popular radio shows was offering all sorts of prizes for the person chosen who guessed right!

Wow, it's been so long. Anyone remember what year this episode aired? I remember being SO excited to see WHO it was. I never suspected Maggie!

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2003, 10:41 PM
I remember seeing contest ads from 1-800-Collect, I think it was, for this big event during Beavis and Butt-Head episodes. That's the only memory I have of it, other than the America's Most Wanted special they aired before the series premiere that showed Maggie was the shooter.

Kidhuman
04-02-2003, 11:46 PM
That is and will always be 2 classic episodes. I never guessed Maggie did it. I like jaspers response to Smithers when he said he shot him in his wooden leg.

You shot who in the what now?

Classic

JediTricks
04-02-2003, 11:59 PM
I always wanted it to be Tito Puente, but me and my sister were fairly confident it was Magaggie. The first ep aired in May of '95, the 2nd in Sept of that year.

Exhaust Port
04-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Blocking out the sun! What an awesome premise.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Blocking out the sun! What an awesome premise.
I always thought it was the death of Super Dude... :cry: ;) ("Won't... dignify... that... with a... response..." )

Didn't 7-11 or Stop 'N Go or some other Quickee-Mart like store have a contest about it?

Jek Porky 2002
04-06-2003, 08:03 AM
I kind of new it would be either Maggie, Santa's Little Helper, or a real twist in the story...Marge!

I can't actually believe that people thought it was Homer, he was so obvious, where would the suprise have been?

Did anyone here actually belive it was Homer?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2003, 02:22 PM
I never thought HOmer, I did think Marge though or maybe one of the "background" characters... I really enjoyed that episode though because EVERYONE in the town had a reason to shoot ol' Montgomery Burns. . . I just never thought about maggie for some reason??? :)

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 03:48 PM
I never guessed Homer. Smithers crossed my mind but it could of been anyone. I never suspected Maggie.

mylow thehutt
04-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Did you guys see the other endings for the shooting

He landed on W and S for Wallen Simthers.

they also showed the dog shoot him as well.

I acculty had a good felling it was Maggie,i aculty told everyone but never entered any contests.

Exhaust Port
04-07-2003, 02:20 PM
There was a whole bunch of alternate endings showing others shooting Burns that they showed in that one episode. I can't remember the name of it, it was something like the "133rd Episode Spectacular!" or something like that. Troy McClure "hosted" it. They showed Apu, Jasper, Santa's Lil Helper and others pulling the trigger.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-07-2003, 05:32 PM
I remember when all the hype was around. My money was totally on Smithers. Boy was I surprised...

Kidhuman
04-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
There was a whole bunch of alternate endings showing others shooting Burns that they showed in that one episode. I can't remember the name of it, it was something like the "133rd Episode Spectacular!" or something like that. Troy McClure "hosted" it. They showed Apu, Jasper, Santa's Lil Helper and others pulling the trigger.

I believe it was the 168th episode spectacular. Funny episode. NRA is OK...LOL

JediTricks
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
138th ep.

"NRA4EVER" on the checkout screen.

The contest was through 1-800-COLLECT.

Exhaust Port
04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
138th! Yes, that's it. I was off by 5.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
138th! Yes, that's it. I was off by 5.
Embarrassing instances of being "off by 5:"
- "Fired? I just took the day off for the holiday! What? Today's the 9th of July? D'oh!"
- "No, no! You fool! You've misplaced a 5. Now you'll incur the fines and the penalties and the compounded interest, mmblaavy."
- "Fired? I just got to work, five minutes early even! What? Yesterday was the 'spring forward' time change? D'oh!"
- "An 'F'? But I was just off by five on each of the subtraction problems on the test!"
- "Free tickets to an advance screening of Episode III? Cool! What? It's at 3 pm? But I'm off by five from work; d'oh!"
- "Am I in charge of other campers? Why? I'm missing two?!? But I was only off by five!"
- "What was that? Sounded like the top of my RV just got ripped off! I sure hope that bridge was high enough... I guessed the RV covers 12' 7" of space."

Hee, hee! :p

"... or until the show becomes unprofitable." ;)