PDA

View Full Version : has anyone found any new 2003 figures?

vorronsalive
04-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Just curious to know what everyone has found in the field of 2003 basic action figures so I know how far behind I am??

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 07:43 PM
#s 1-12 are out.

Obi, Mace, Tyranus, Padme, Sp droids, Tusken, Anakin, R2, Lama Su, Aayla, Barriss.

Plus red/black hair RFTroopers, blonde/brown hair Imperials, Eeth, and Teebo repacks.

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Now if I could only find Lama & Aayla, I would be caught up... for now.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
04-03-2003, 07:52 PM
I am so far behind. I need to get to TRu and get some of these. If it wasn't so far away. I haven't even seen a trace of therm around here.

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Here are the case assortments. Dar' has them listed in the Assortments thread, too.

Asst # 84861001X
2 x Padme Amidala™ (Droid Factory Chase)
2 x Tusken Raider™ (Tatooine™ Camp Ambush)
2 x SP-4™ & JN-66™ (Jedi™ Analysis Droids)
2 x Rebel Trooper™ (Tantive IV™ Defender - Brown Hair)
1 x Imperial™ Officer (Blonde Hair)
1 x Lamu Su™ (with Clone Child)
1 x Aayla Secura™ (Twilek Jedi™)
1 x Barriss Offee™ (Luminara's Padawan™)

Asst # 84861001V
2 x Padme Amidala™ (Droid Factory Chase)
2 x Tusken Raider™ (Tatooine™ Camp Ambush)
1 x SP-4™ & JN-66™ (Jedi™ Analysis Droids)
2 x Rebel Trooper™ (Tantive IV™ Defender - Black Hair)
1 x Imperial™ Officer (Brown Hair)
2 x Teebo™
2 x Eeth Koth™

Asst # 84851009A
2 x Obi-Wan Kenobi™ (Acklay™ Battle)
2 x Darth Tyranus™
2 x Boba Fett™ (Pit Of Karkoon™)
2 x Anakin Skywalker™ (Secret Ceremony)
2 x R2-D2™ *Droid Factory Flight)
2 x Mace Windu™ (Arena Confrontation)

Old Fossil
04-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Looks like both Aayla Secura and Barriss Offee are shortpacked... no wonder I haven't seen them yet.

vorronsalive
04-03-2003, 09:34 PM
I don't mean to get off of subject, but reading the Wal-Mart Stinks thread, I noticed there are quite a few older star wars collectors here. Is anyone 17 years old or even come close, cause now I feel out of place here.

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 09:40 PM
I think LT Basker is in his teens. Not sure about CloneTrooperMace and InsaneJediGirl. I think they are, too.

vorronsalive
04-03-2003, 10:01 PM
But I am not to young to collect. I love it and it is a fun hobby to me. I am currently in the works of making a vintage boba fett with spring loaded firing rocket. Let me tell you, that rocket sure wasn't going anywhere. It was a bear to pull out. But I think so far it looks good and I will show you a picture once he's completed. I'm also in the process of making a 10 inch George lucas figure, but he's been put on hold until I finish boba fett. Speaking of which, do any of you have a vintage 3 3/4" boba fett blaster that you would sell to me? I have no idea what happened to mine but it vanished.

Amy
04-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by vorronsalive
I don't mean to get off of subject, but reading the Wal-Mart Stinks thread, I noticed there are quite a few older star wars collectors here. Is anyone 17 years old or even come close, cause now I feel out of place here.

I'm 19:)

I still need to find Lama Su,Aayla Secura, and Barriss Offee and all have all the CURRENT figures.

vorronsalive
04-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Amy, your only 19??? A young female collector around my area is rarer than a Weequay Skiff Guard on freeze frame card. Until now, I didn't think any existed.

Jerjerrod
04-03-2003, 11:39 PM
:D It seems like so many of us are sooo interested in things about poor Amy. :D Makes me laugh.:D I bet you're all waiting for her to post a pic of herself. :D

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 11:43 PM
she has.....keep up man. j/k :D

bobafrett
04-03-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm 38, and have been a collector for as long as I can remember. I've only found figures here and there. Still missing Ephant Mon, and haven't seen any of the new Mace. I just stopped at the local Wal-Mart tonight. They were bringing the pallets out, but didn't see any SW figures.

Darth Cruel
04-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Saw them all at Frank-n-Scalpers. That droid two-pack looks pretty cool to me.

Prince Xizor
04-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Anakin: Secret Ceremony and Barriss Offee are the only two that I want now, that I don't have. I have seen every other one at one point or another but the only ones I bought were Tyrannus, Padme, Boba, and Aalya. Actually, I am only really collecting the prequel toys and the really good OT toys. Once the Clone Wars line hits, I plan on setting up a giant battle in my basement.

Oh yeah, I'm 19 too. :)

jad
04-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm 21, which is kinda young I guess. But I've been collecting toys ever since I was a kid, hehe I really only stopped collecting star wars toys when they were no longer available at retail, and then in 1995 I started again when the new line came out.

And to keep the thread on topic I as well have had no luck finding anything at any of the retail stores as of late. It's getting pretty irriating, I really hope it's not like this all year :(

Amy
04-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
you people aren't all 17, 19....you're just ashamed of being an old man collecting kids toys. I bet Amy isn't even a girl. Face it people, we're fat, we're old, we're bald and we live in our mothers basement and the first person to tell me "speak for yourself jedibrian" is denying who they really are. LOL.

I would much rather you think I'm a guy, maybe that way you will stop asking me to "hook up".:rolleyes:

Jaff
04-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Hi Amy I'm married, I'm old and still collect toys, and I'm bummed your being hit on by desperate web browsers. Now can everyone get the idea and lay off her so we can talk about Star Wars stuff. Find a dating sight even though it's hard to find a star wars fan in such places.

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Oh how I envy them Brian.

Prince Xizor-That sounds so sweet. If you do set up a battle in your basement I hope you show it off!:) And do you think that new Boba is worth picking up(now that you have one and know what its like)? I still cant make up my mind about it.

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:11 AM
lol, thanks Jaff:)

Sentinel18725
04-04-2003, 01:15 AM
I have only found a handful in St. Louis. Actually they have all only been at Wal Mart's.

Prince Xizor
04-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Amy, The new Boba is definetly worth picking up. The base is awesome, as is his sculpt. He even has a ankle joint on his left foot, which I think might be a first for Star Wars toys, to my knowledge. Pick the guy up tomorrow. And yeah, if my big battle comes out halfway decent, maybe I will post some pictures. Gonna have to wait until Fall though, when I can get like 4 Hailfire Droids, and 10 of those Clonetrooper and Droid 3-Packs!

And yes JediBrian, I really am 19. Sorry to disappoint you, but some of us youngins' do like that thing you old folks call Star Wars.

Jaff
04-04-2003, 01:36 AM
Don't you mean phantom menace JediBrian?

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Hmm, well you do make him sound cool. I was just kinda turned off by him when I saw him, but maybe I'll give him a chance:). Dang your display is going to be awesome!! I am also thinking about getting more then one of those 3-packs:)

sease9
04-04-2003, 11:47 AM
I found all the new figures except for Ayla,and the library droids...
(I passed on that Eath Koth)even got 2 of those Fetts(which I are bad as F>>)lets see ...found both speeders,and the unleashed Vader2(only unleashed I bought so far...I plan on gettin that Emperor too..)I ordered wave#12 from Newforce so Im not really sweating that Bariss Offe or the Lama su too much..(Im kind of sweatin that Ayla though...I havent seen it list it in any other assortment)I live in Miami and I dont think there are too many collectors down here maybe its the reason I come across so much stuff(I been collecting since the reintro of Potf and have bought 75% of my collection retail :that includes 12inch figures,vehicles and exclusives)if anyone has an extra Ayla they want to trade hit me back...oh im 24 so then Im out....

vorronsalive
04-04-2003, 12:14 PM
you people aren't all 17, 19....you're just ashamed of being an old man collecting kids toys. I bet Amy isn't even a girl. Face it people, we're fat, we're old, we're bald and we live in our mothers basement and the first person to tell me "speak for yourself jedibrian" is denying who they really are. LOL.

I find that funny. I really am 17. You will never read a post of mine between the time's of 7:30a.m to 3:15 pm,(except now because I have a release) because I still attend high school. I am very much 17, not some old bald dude in denial. LOL

Patient Zero
04-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Dear Amy,

I would personally like to apologize for those of my gender that seem consist of one part testosterone and two parts egotism. These are the same people whom you see in public scratching their collective crotches and nailing spoilers on their soupped up, junk cars, which can't go over 50 mph anyway, that have bumper stickers which speak of beer and crude jokes about sexism or the size of their anatomy. People that do not display respect for others and in doing so have no honor or dignity themselves. Please do not judge us all on the behavior of these select individuals. Some of us actually think before we open our mouths.

I have not directed this comment at any particular person so I am not attacking any one particular person. It is my personal opinion and thus not up for discussion. You are the one that has to live with who you are.

DarthChuckMc
04-04-2003, 01:17 PM
I'm a 31 yo bald dude in denial that lives with my Mom and Grandma.....no really....it's not a joke.....I'm serious...stop laughing....why are you looking at me like that? It's really not that bad....I have a good excuse....
umm...............

wanna see my SW toys?

jad
04-04-2003, 01:38 PM
I don't find it hard to believe that there are young collectors that hang out here on the forums. After all I mentioned earlier that I never really stopped collecting toys. And now that collecting is kinda a spread out medium I think more young people feel comfortable collecting toys without having to be scared of being made fun of.

Besides other young folks waste their free time on other things like video games or surfing the internet, so it just seems like the younger folks these days, including me since i'm only 21, are a bit more liberal about their interests.

jad
04-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Oh btw Amy, i'm not trying to hit on you or anything, but I think it's great to have a female star wars fan on the forums.

It's not all that unusual to me either I guess, because I've been in the star wars web design circle so to speak ever since the old school days, i've met a lot of female fans that have ran pretty awsome star wars fan sites. It's cool to have a deverse group of fans :)

Dr Zoltar
04-04-2003, 01:51 PM
I guess I could be considered one of the older guys. I'm 31, but I'm fairly young compared to my other co-workers. I don't live with my parents -- heck, they live 2 states away! I own a house -- because I needed some place big enough to store my collection. And have a wonderful wife who supports my habit, even when I tried to quit once.

I am glad to see a variety of ages of people interested in Star Wars collecting. I have a co-worker who keeps telling me Star Wars isn't cool anymore, and I just point him to this site.

And Amy, I’m fairly certain outside of this site, most of these guys hitting on you are so shy, that they’d be barely able to say “Hello” to you without stammering. Oooo…I just opened myself up to some bashing, didn’t I? No offense guys, but most people take on a different persona on posting boards then they act in real life.

Oh, and to get back on topic, I've found most of the new stuff -- Running Treadmill Padme, Spear Thrower Obi-Wan, etc., except for the new Mace, Teebo, and the Blonde Imp Officer/Rebel Trooper. I've only been able to find my stash though when I hit Wal-Mart at 7 am before going to work. Haven't seen the new Speeder Bikes anywhere though.

Patient Zero
04-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
No offense guys, but most people take on a different persona on posting boards then they act in real life.

Nope, I'm sarcastic with a warped sense of humor 24/7. I always tell people that I am not giving them an additude, it's just my personality. ;) I am nice to people though....well...until they tick me off.

Anywho, I have not found a single figure that has come out this year yet. Hell, I still have not found the clone Harley biker yet. :mad:

bobafrett
04-04-2003, 02:09 PM
DrZoltar, I usually try to hit the Wal-Marts just before they close, as they start dragging the pallets out of the recieving area. Sometimes you can find a case of figures, that might not make it to the pegs, because the pegs are already full. I've seen it happen. I don't even know if I have the blonde Imperial officer or not.........nope, just checked, and he has light brown hair. Oh well.

Prince Xizor
04-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
DrZoltar, I usually try to hit the Wal-Marts just before they close, as they start dragging the pallets out of the recieving area. Sometimes you can find a case of figures, that might not make it to the pegs, because the pegs are already full. I've seen it happen. I don't even know if I have the blonde Imperial officer or not.........nope, just checked, and he has light brown hair. Oh well.

Yeah, I tend to do this a lot too. Though I have heard that some Walmarts do not like it when customers rummage through their product, I have had no problems with it.

Darth Trymybestus
04-04-2003, 04:34 PM
I've found:

Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape
Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle
Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony
Aayla Secura - Jedi Knight

Darth Tyranus is dang cool, I love the first Dooku figure and I think the new one is better, the only thing better about the old one is the face sculpt.
He can be posed just as he was when he gets his lightsaber out to battle Obi-Wan and walks towards him, cool as :D
By the way... this figure looked diabolical in the first photo taken on hasbro... then again, Anakin Secret ceremony looked bad in the first photo too.
And the terrible Mace Windu - Arena Confrontation looked great in the photos too.
I have a theory, if a figure looks pants on Hasbro.com it'll probably be awesome. If a figure looks great, it'll probably end up being pants!

Obi-Wan is cool too, it's a nice sculpt and the action feature isn't as bad as I expected, I was imagining his right arm to be like Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue.

Padme Amidala is great, excellent articulation, great sculpt, this is the definitive Padme (then again that's a contradiction cause she has like 500 outfits.. tut tut, women! :D :crazed: )

Anakin Skywalker, AWESOME, the figure I've been waiting for, it's just a great sculpt, it's neutral, nice facial sculpt too.
I think this figure compliments Tatooine Attack and Hangar Duel nicely.
Is it the best Anakin figure? Yes, I would say so, I am attached to Hangar Duel though but this figure has a cloak, lots of articulation, neutral sculpt.
The robotic hand is really cool actually, I like it, I'm growing attached to it.

Aayla Secura, cool figure, I knew this would be cool once I heard she'd be made into a figure, I like the sculpt a lot.

Amy
04-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Darth Trymybestus-I have all three of those awaiting me in lay-o-way, so I still dont know what they are like out of the package. Can Anakin's robe be takin off? It looks like it can, but I'm not sure.

Also, it kinda looks like Dooku's arm is really stuck out to his left, but does it have enough articulation to move it around freely? Thanks alot:)

And yeah jad, I never knew it would be such a big deal for a girl to collect action figures. I have ALWAYS loved action figures, ever since I was very little. I never ever liked Barbie, but instead grew up on Star Wars. He-Man, and She-Ra.

The girliest thing I ever liked was My Little Pony at one point..

Darth Trymybestus
04-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Darth Trymybestus-I have all three of those awaiting me in lay-o-way, so I still dont know what they are like out of the package. Can Anakin's robe be takin off? It looks like it can, but I'm not sure.

Also, it kinda looks like Dooku's arm is really stuck out to his left, but does it have enough articulation to move it around freely? Thanks alot:)

Yeah, Anakin's robe can be taken off.. check the attached photo :)
The cool thing is, Anakin looks just as cool with the robe on as he does with it off :)

And yeah, Dooku is very well articulated, his arm can be moved around freely, the more I look at this Dooku, the more I like it.
His arm is a ball joint, the cloak is mucho better than the first Dooku but I still glued it on. :)

DarthChuckMc
04-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Amy,
Anakin's robe comes off...Looks cool without it, too.

Dooku's arm isn't that bad. Be careful because his left hand comes out of his wrist pretty easily.

I don't like the Obi-wan. He's better carded. He's stuck in a frisbee throwing pose. His left arm is sorta useless.

Boba Fett on the other hand..is simply put....awesome. The only thing that could have made him better is articuation in both knees and ankles, and paint the missle more like the movie.

Amy
04-04-2003, 05:21 PM
LOL! Cant be harder to get out then some LOTR figures. Twist ties are going to be the death of me:)! Ok great, I'm thinking about giving Anakin a EP1 robe after I get him, so I'm glade its removable:) Thanks!

Darth Trymybestus
04-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Which EP1 robe?

The one that came with the Phantom Menace Mace Windu?

Darth Trymybestus
04-04-2003, 06:05 PM
I tried Mace Windu Robe, Accessory Set cloth robe and POTJ Obi-Wan robe....none of them look accurate. I think the New Anakin cloak looks fine. I suggest keeping that on him.

I would suggest swapping his lightsaber with Luke Skywalker Bespin Duels, so then you can take some blu tac and hang the hilt on his belt. :) Boy, I am a genius hehe! :D :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2003, 06:14 PM
I only have Obi, Tyranus, Tusken, Mace, and black-hair Trooper (and brown from POTJ). I really want the Anakin, and the Boba too. Heck, I want them all!

And you guys are hardly young at all . . . I'm 13 . . .

mark2d2
04-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Found any new figures?

Nope.

InsaneJediGirl
04-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Found Padme so far.The Destroyer Droids are starting to trickle in,along with more Clone Pilots.No sign of Ephant Mon though:(

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-04-2003, 11:06 PM
No I haven't found anyhting new scince november but I'm thinking about ordering a case.

And btw I am pretty yougn here too I'm 15....

Deoxyribonucleic
04-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally quoted by Jedibrian
hahahahahahaha, ok Amy.....I have been hitting on you and I will quit it. I have too many g/fs at the moment anyway. ;-)

tsk tsk, for shame :zzz:

:crazed: :)

Amy
04-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Teeska Mon Eebon
No I haven't found anyhting new scince november but I'm thinking about ordering a case.

And btw I am pretty yougn here too I'm 15....

I find this idea to be very cool. I am REALLY thinking about ordering cases for LOTR, and SW for now on(even though I dont have much trouble finding them).

This way, you get more then one figure(in most cases), and you might even get them earlier then you would IF you could find them:)

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-05-2003, 09:04 AM
I went to EE and for a non mint condition wave 13 you get 12 different new figures for 59.99 which is the same as buying them off the shelves where here they are worse than mint condition. I'm looking forward to getting these!

HARDY
04-05-2003, 11:19 AM
im my local toys r us they have around 30 ephant mons on the shelf in fact its the only bloody figure they have!!!!!!!!1:cry:

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey guys we finnially got last years stuff in at WAlly world today!

I think there was more but I could only find Destroyer droid and the Imperial officer so I'm hoping they get in some more stuff soon! Thanks Walmart!

Amy
04-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Cool Teeska Mon Eebon congrats!:D

I am Jabba the Hutt
04-05-2003, 06:46 PM
is Wally World slang for Wal-mart? And Amy, if that's your pic in the icon, you are better looking than I expected. :-P

awwww how sweet, you two might end up being the first couple to meet on SSG :p

As far as new figures, I found Anakin Secret Ceremony, Boba Fett, Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape, Obi-Wan Acklay Battle, Aayla Secura and Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase.

JarJarBinks... what new figures you found lately? :)

plasticfetish
04-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by HARDY
im my local toys r us they have around 30 ephant mons on the shelf in fact its the only bloody figure they have!!!!!!!!
OK. If that's true, then that's very weird ... and Hardy, you might think about grabbing a few 'cause they'll be good for trading. (Hmmm, how odd.)

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 03:28 AM
Yes, Hardy is from England, and is a decent young man. He likes Stormtroopers, which is fine with me. BTW Hardy, if you read this, I'm still looking for an Ephant Mon, are they the same packaging as we use here in the states?

Old Fossil
04-06-2003, 08:18 AM
doesn't matter if he gets them to trade with other people, I think Hardy is from England, most of us here are american. "it's the only bloody figure they have" Americans don't talk or type like that. LOL.

There's a sizable chunk of Brits and Canadians on the board here, with a trickle from France, Singapore, Mexico, Jersey...

HARDY
04-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi all yes im from england how could you tell hehehehe, hey boba frett hows it going ...i think its the same packaging heres a pic mate!

HARDY
04-06-2003, 02:09 PM
and hey plastic fetish if you dont belive me ill go and take a pic seriously i went there yesterday and they still have over about 25 ephant mons also now have padme pilots and some count dooku deluxe figs the ephant mons are £5.99 the normal price($8.98) i just checked ebay and they are selling closer to £10 ($15) i think im gonna take a visit to trus tommorow and kinda buy them all hehehhehehehehhe

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 02:31 PM
OK Hardy, go and take that photo of those 25+ Mons, I'd love to see them because I have never seen one on a peg here in the US.

HARDY
04-06-2003, 02:43 PM
ok mate ill go tommorow morning hehehe cant wait to see your faces lol

HARDY
04-06-2003, 03:12 PM
i had never really seen them in the shop before but i was amazed to see them

Jargo
04-06-2003, 03:36 PM
I can vouch for the fact that TRU are swimming in them, on my last visit to TRU they had little but Ephant and padme pilot there. A few Kit Fistos and other assorted older 2002 figures but yeah they had Ephant pegwarming.

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the picture Hardy, now let's see the 25 peg warming Ephant Mon's! LOL! BTW, if you seriously do buy some, think of me over here in the states, without one! Remember, I'm a Stormtrooper, wink, wink, nod, nod..........Monty Python reference there.

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 04:11 PM
I was wondering about that mate. So Brian you think he's full of BS?

Turbowars
04-06-2003, 04:41 PM
LOL, stay on target Brian we don't want to get moved. :rolleyes: LOL

plasticfetish
04-06-2003, 07:22 PM
ok mate ill go tommorow morning hehehe cant wait to see your faces lol

You know ... the way things seem to be going, I'm not surprised at all. It figures that we would get like a few dozen of them (joke) spread around this country and you guys would get the rest. The way Hasbro's distribution seems to work, if you told me that they're putting out vintage figures from ROTJ right now ... I'd believe it.

Yeah ... I'd pick up 3 or 4 ... besides the fact that it's a great figure, it'll be good for bartering.

Porcelina
04-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Brits don't use the term mate, they say chap. Australians say mate.

brits do use the term mate, very often in london, at least ;)

Jargo
04-07-2003, 09:36 AM
That's very true too. "Awight mate 'ow's it goin', yeah? blindin'."
I lived in london for a time and couldn't get used to being called mate, because where I come from it's an aggressive term that means 'watch your back someone's about to get handy with their fists'.

How is it that hasbro UK can sell direct to the public but Hasbro US can't? I bought my Ephant from Hasbro direct. Not a case full just one and a couple of other figures that came out at the same time. Hasbro really do live in a wibbly wobbly world of their own.

HARDY
04-07-2003, 01:24 PM
EXCUSE ME JEDI BRIAN AND TURBOWARS THIS IS THE YEAR 2003 AND WE BRITS AS YOU PUT CERTAINLY DONT REFER TO OUR COLLEAGUES OR FRIENDS AS CHAP SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS NEED TO LEAVE YOUR COMFERT ZONE OF THE USA AND VENTURE OUT A LITTLE............I LIVE IN LONDON AND IM ENGLAND TILL I DIE (FOOTBALL CHANT) AND I DONT LIE THIS IS A FORUM WHATS THE POINT OF THAT????????:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

James Boba Fettfield
04-07-2003, 01:30 PM
And then Hardy opened the biggest can of whoop a-.....

No, but seriously, the hostility could be toned back a little.

HARDY
04-07-2003, 02:45 PM
SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO OPEN UP A CAN OF WHOOP *** AS YOU PUT IT JUST DEFENDING MYSELF, APOLOGISE IF IT CAME ACROSS LIKE THAT GUYS!!!! IM A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER:D

bobafrett
04-07-2003, 02:47 PM
And, he likes Stormtroopers! Did I mention that already. Hardy, you citizen of England, you're alright in my book!

HARDY
04-07-2003, 03:03 PM
WE DONT GO AROUND CALLING EACH OTHER CHAP THATS SO 1940S WORLD WAR STYLEEEEE...........I RECENTLY WENT TO CANADA AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE HELLO (ENGLISH ACCENT DO U FANCY SOME TEA AND SOME BISCUITS!! I MEAN REALLY LOL

DarthChuckMc
04-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
There's a sizable chunk of Brits and Canadians on the board here, with a trickle from France, Singapore, Mexico, Jersey...

I like how you lumped JERSEY in there as if it were off on it's own
"The talent pool was so deluted, that teams had to start drafting players for prisons, mental institutions, and Jersey."

HARDY
04-07-2003, 03:10 PM
CHEERS MATE!!!

OH DID I MENTION (IN A KID ROCK SENSE COWBOYS AND ALL THAT)

I WANNA BE A STORMIE BABY!

HEHEHEHEHHE

Jargo
04-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Hardy, switch off the caps lock old chum. You're shouting too loud. That's the ticket. ;)

HARDY
04-07-2003, 03:14 PM
SORRY CHAPS.....is that better chocks away!!!!!! I say this a jolly good forum anyone for a digestive (biscuit)

HARDY
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
oh by the way had to work this morning so couldnt pop down to toys r us but i wil definately do it tommorow morning for you doubters out there!!!! if you dont know what im talking about the photo i said id take.:crazed:

kdp100
04-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Must leap to Hardy's defence here.
Anyone who doubts his location - or mine, come to that - has only to follow the "www" link on any of these posts to see where we're really from.

Anyway, I've just been along to my local TRU (Brent Cross, if any Londoners are reading) this evening, and been rewarded with a trouser-seatful of spearmint bubblegum for my pains (good ol' London Underground).

HOWEVER - there have indeed been some long-overdue new deliveries at this branch recently, including several Tuskens with Massiff, Lott Dod, & Teemto, also all three ANH 25th Anniversary pairs - which certainly weren't there when I was last there about 3 weeks ago.

Didn't see Ephant Mon, but Hardy could easily be talking about another branch - and I HAVE seen shelves full of this figure (6-8 deep) at stores in the past 4 months, although I'll grant they don't stay there for much more than a day at a time.

(Incidentally, going back to the Neimoidians, a mate of mine in Leeds (who's also a top-notch chap!) really DOES know someone called 'Lotte Dodd. Strange, that.)
;)

HARDY
04-07-2003, 07:12 PM
thanks kdp.....yeah i work near brent cross might have to pop in there i need the vader kenobi anniversary pack....the toys rus im taking of is the Hayes branch i dont know if u know it but pop in there to get an ephant mon not that you probably need it lol

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Leave the US, you say mate, I don't think so, I'm happy in my little world. I will never go out of this country, to many bad things happen, I have seen American Werewolf in London, LOL I'm just joking and I really can care less that there are 25 plus Mons, more power to you Mate. Good day Sir.:)

kdp100
04-07-2003, 07:36 PM
No. I bought Ephant several months ago - but thanks anyway.

Hayes, being West London (geog.), is a bit west for me, as I'm in Finchley.
But TRU (Brent X) *DO* have a plentiful supply of the Luke/Leia, Vader/Obi-Wan & Solo/Chewie pairs for £9.99 each.

Old Fossil
04-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Odds bodkins, ye olde thread doth veritably brim with Englishness... could I have a jelly baby, Doctor?

bobafrett
04-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Ah, Doctor Who reference, I haven't seen an episode of the good old Doctor in quite some time.

HARDY
04-09-2003, 07:48 PM
bobafrett is that you in your avatar picture thingy??

Turbowars
04-09-2003, 07:56 PM
He must be the Stormy, because if the little boy knows who DR. Who is, I'll chit a brick. I hardly remember Dr. Who. I think it was on like PBS when I was a kid. I remember the song the most, LOL Hey Hardy, hows your 25+ Mon's? They must be gone by now. They are probably all on e-bay.:)

bobafrett
04-10-2003, 12:03 AM
bobafrett is that you in your avatar picture thingy??

Yes Hardy, that is me in my Stormtrooper armor on my avatar, with my son!

I went to a Doctor Who convention many years ago in my early youth. It was a great time, and I have a poster that everyone signed from the convention. It's a bit banged up, because I couldn't afford to get a custom frame made for it.

plasticfetish
04-10-2003, 01:44 AM
On topic, I did spot a few new figures at one of my local WMs today ... so they do seem to be eeking out slowly.

Off topic ...

Originally posted by bobafrett
and I have a poster that everyone signed from the convention.
Hey cool! Which Doctor and did he sign it?

bkeddinger
04-10-2003, 12:39 PM
I just found Darth Tyranus, Obi-Wan Ackley, Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon, R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight, Anakin Secret Ceremony, and total control Mace Windu this morning at Wal-Mart. Isn't it ironic that I find them the day after ordered them from Yestertoys? Now what are the chances of finding a Teebo this late in the game?

bobafrett
04-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
On topic, I did spot a few new figures at one of my local WMs today ... so they do seem to be eeking out slowly.

Off topic ...

Hey cool! Which Doctor and did he sign it?

Also off topic: I believe it has the 5 first Doctors on it, as well as there sidekicks.

On Topic: haven't seen anything new in the last couple of weeks. Well, other than the Darth Vader Unleashed with removable mask. Nothing put empty pegs, or pegs full of peg warmers.

Dr Zoltar
04-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Finally saw an Ackley Obi-Wan and Darth Tyranus this morning at Target. I almost had a heart attack! There were 2 of each and they must of come in a box with 2 Yodas, 2 Destroyer Droids, and 2 Clone Pilots.

kool-aid killer
04-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Yesterday i seen Darth Tyranus with his speeder bike. So far, of all the new toys, i have only seen the speeder bikes and neither of them interests me. I keep thinking my walmarts going to put out new figures because their pegs were pretty bare, only yesterday i found them full of Amidala pilot figures. Nooooooooo!!!!! For certain im doomed to seeing them for two more months.

Dr Zoltar
04-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Went back to Target that afternoon to get some printer cartages and all the new Star Wars figures were gone. Very suspicious. I wonder what time the scalpers showed up.

HARDY
04-15-2003, 05:18 PM
as reference to this quote on t 6 april by turbowars

OK Hardy, go and take that photo of those 25+ Mons, I'd love to see them because I have never seen one on a peg here in the US.

Well sorry guys i went down there a couple of days later and yes you guessed it... gone were those boys!!!!!:frus: but and a big but just got back from there this evening hehehheh and wait for it they had shed loads more in stock so i grabbed 4 of these lil babies to barter with using your guys advice and i also took a pic...i had to be quick with the camera as i got some VERY funny looks!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: they were about 3 deep on a few shelves they had around 24 of the suckers so enjoy the pic.....and oh boba frett ill be going to canada in sep time i got you one too ill post it from there for ya as the postage will be aolt less i think just email me your address mate!!!!

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

HARDY
04-15-2003, 05:19 PM
sorry guys the first post didnt load properly the second ones cool though comments please???????????

bobafrett
04-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Holy cow there Hardy! That's cool. I'm waiting on a Ephant Mon from another member of these forums. I'll PM you if I decide to pick up a second one!

HARDY
04-15-2003, 05:24 PM
in the words of the great Arnie........no problemo

TheDarthVader
04-15-2003, 05:42 PM
I don't...I don't believe it! Holy crap! I have never seen so many ephant mons on a shelf at one time. I have only seen 4 or 5 at the most!! and that was one time! Dang! Lucky...you are so lucky!
In response to the original subject: I have just found eeth koth, one rebel fleet trooper (red hair), teebo, padme droid factory chase, and the research droids. YESSSSSS! :D

plasticfetish
04-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Hahahahahaha!
That picture is brilliant Hardy.

Turbowars
04-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah I found 56 Mons at TRU yesterday, I'll post a photo, oh wait I don't have a photo shop program, LOL J/K Hardy, hey I hope you went back and bought the rest, there's tons of buyers on e-bay that would pay 10-12 bucks each. God I hate e-bay. That photo should be on the front page!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-15-2003, 09:01 PM
JeeWIZZ people, no wonder I NEVER saw any on the pegs...they're all over in England! ROFL I can't believe my eyes, what a site to see! :D

HARDY
04-15-2003, 09:08 PM
hey turbo wars, i dont even know how to use photoshop this is the real deal......i bought 4 of them one for boba frett everyones got them over here in the uk so not really worth me buying anymore!!!! glad you guys liked the photo you should of seenme sneaking around i looked really dodgy like i worked for a competitor or something .....still though can you see the price all our saga figs at toyr r us are still priced at 5.99 pounds a year on crayzeeeeee

kool-aid killer
04-15-2003, 09:24 PM
I was able to pick up a new imperial officer (blonde), padme factory chase, research droids, and tusken ambush at my favorite walmart. I was in just yesterday and nothing new was out. The only reason i went back today was to find my brother a transformer.

HARDY
04-16-2003, 03:39 PM
are these babies really THAT rare in the u.s??????????

Turbowars
04-16-2003, 07:29 PM
are these babies really THAT rare in the u.s?????????? I wouln't call them rare HARDY, I would call them hard to find. They are out there, I found 2 at a K-mart and a friend just found 2 himself a couple of days ago. They are out there, but most of them are bought up by the collectors and scalpers that sleep out side of WM every night and run to the SW pegs at opening.

aceguide
04-18-2003, 05:18 PM
HA!

Jaff
04-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Well I went on a road trip from New York, to Toledo, Ohio, to Nashville, TN this week. In a small town off the border of new York I found the Boba Fett wave and the Obi-Wan Acklay assortment. That R2 is horrid, the worst figure ever made! In Oregon, Ohio, just outside of Toledo at a Meijer I found the new Lando 12" wave! Then at a Target in toledo I picked up the Anakin Speeder Bike. That Anakin rivals the quality of R2, but the Speeder bike is sweet. I want Dooku's. During my trip I headed out to Murphresboro TN and found a comic book store named Outer Limits that had Aalya wave except my saught after Lama Su, and the Padme/droid wave. So that was my tally. I'm heading back to New York tommorrow for a 14 hour trips. I usually stop every two hours or so for hunting, so I'll list anything I find (I'm only looking to pick up Dooku's speeder, and the yoda/youngling figs). So if I see any I'll list it here for those of you who live there if any. What I've found most is away from cities, or on the outer limits of cities. Big cities have nothing cause everyones hunting there. About 50% of all small towns have one or two figs because they have less SW backstock. Anyways, that's it.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2003, 12:11 PM
I found Hoth Han(blue coat) and Mynock Hunt Chewbacca this morning at my local Wal Mart! I almost had a coronary!

Han looks so great holding that lightsaber!

:)

Old Fossil
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Dang! Great find DNA!

This past week, my Wal-Mart has, incredibly, received 1 case of the Padme/Droids/Tusken/Aayla S./Barriss O./Imp. Off./RFT wave. I relieved them of Aayla and 1 Tusken, and when I returned 2 days later and found Barriss and the RFT still there, I got them as well.

It has been a good week hunting!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks ;)

You too, I've yet to even see what the new RFT and IMP officer resculpts look like :( Soon enough, soon enough I say! :)

Kidhuman
04-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Hopefully my area will pick up soon as I have not seen any yet.

HARDY
04-22-2003, 08:06 PM
i was on walk about at my local toys r us and found boxes of saga figs on the floor whn i asked the guys there to open up the boxes i found that each box had around 12 of the same figures the toys r us guy said that the saga figs all come in boxes now that hold one type of figure in each box we opened 3 one was a case of padme pilots the other a case of tusken raiders and the other a case of c3pos???? just wandered how you guys in the states get em i thought there were supposed to be all different figs in the boxes????

HARDY
04-22-2003, 08:08 PM
he also said it was easier this way for collectors....since when did a collector want 12 of the same figure??????? is this hasbro being weird please someone shed some light on this for me?

DarthChuckMc
04-22-2003, 08:15 PM
I've heard that overseas, retailers have the option of buying block cases of figures to satisfy demand, and cut down on short packs so everyone has a chance to get the figures they want. That's why you found 24 or so Ephant Mons last week. Unfortuantly, HASBRO hasn't done that here since the Episode 1 Darth Maul figure. I think that was only done at TRU here too. I htink the problem here is, that retailers are too lazy to order figures individually, and resort to getting assortments, leaving some folks shafted. If there were 12 Boba Fett, 12 Anakin SC, 12 Mace, etc, scalpers would probably die off quick since NOTHING would be considered RARE anymore.

karinations
04-23-2003, 01:33 AM
Things are still very scarce here in the Boston MA area.
All iv'e been able to get my hands on are Tusken Raider(with the loppable head)and......actually that's about it.
I got Darth Tiranus and factory chase Amidala off of E-Bay.
I fear they will be in short supply due to the shelves still being FULL of Lama Su and that Nikto Jedi.
Rows and rows and rows at every store(Kay-B,Toys'r'Us.Target,ect)

-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

karinations
04-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Oh and that Ephant Mon pic isn't photoshop i use the program a lot and that's real.
Unless he went to the store and lined them up there himself,but it ain't photoshop.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

Turbowars
04-25-2003, 09:00 PM
I got my wave 10 col 1 case from EE today with Han, Chewy, Fett.... Anyways these 3 are awesome!!. Each figure comes to $5.86 and that after tax. I picked the case up from my local EE. Looks like I will be getting some more sleep on the weekends. Anyone want a R2, Mace, DS Droid or Obi?

Slicker
06-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm 19:)

You're so silly. I just read the "I'm not trying to hit on you" thread and you were 25.

BTW, I have found ALL of the 2003 figures. It's only June but I'm quite certain that I have them all.

CaptainSolo1138
06-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Where'd you find them? I haven't seen these things on a loooooong time. All the scalpers and the Hot Wheels guys must be getting to them before me.