PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else kinda disappointed with Obi-Wan Unleashed?

BRH0224
04-04-2003, 01:49 AM
I honestly think this figure doesn't do him justice. What part of the film is this from? When he gets jumped by droidekas in the mountains? It's not from the arena, that's for sure.

They should have made him from the Kamino scene since that fight is getting a big push this year with the 2 deluxe figures and the Screen Scenes pack. It's easy to sculpt a big dry figure, but a soaking wet one would have been more challenging and made for the best sculpt so far, especially with a rain-flooded platform base like Jango's. I can identify a lot of the scenes these are based on or get the emotion and what they're looking at just out of my eye's view with the exception of the new Vader and maybe Padme. But this Obi-Wan, it's just kinda blah. I'll still get it, but it isn't as good as it should be.

Amy
04-04-2003, 01:56 AM
I agree with you 100%. I really dont think they have done him justice on ANYTHING AOTC related. I just want a decent head sculpt, but that must be asking too much.

Beast
04-04-2003, 01:58 AM
The Unleashed figures are artistic interpretations of the charecters. They arn't really meant to be based on specific scenes. That being said, the Obi-Wan looks pretty good. It's not as wildly posed or erratic as many of the others. It shows off his strong calm side. Works for me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BRH0224
04-04-2003, 02:14 AM
They're all based on scenes for the most part. Jango on the platform fleeing Kamino SHOOTING AT OBI-WAN, Mace right after he falls and discards his flaming robe, Dooku's showdown with either Yoda or Obi-Wan (works for both, but I say Yoda since he's looking and aiming down), Anakin in the arena, Vader at Bespin, Leia on the barge, Padme in the arena more or less, Luke going postal on Vader, the Emperor frying Luke, they all make you think "Oh, I know that scene!" But Obi-Wan doesn't. "What part is that from? Who's he swinging at?"

LTBasker
04-04-2003, 02:18 AM
Actually I find the Obi-Wan to be the best one. He just looks the less crappy, well besides Bespin Vader. Yeah he's not from an AOTC scene but he looks as if he could have been battling the Droidekas he was attacked by. The rest of them though are just crappy.

mini-rock
04-04-2003, 02:51 AM
Compared to Sideous, and Luke, Obi-Wan is the least dramatic of the bunch, but I still thought this looked pretty cool.:)

InsaneJediGirl
04-04-2003, 07:06 PM
I think this Obi rocks as well:DNice pose,good scuplt,I cant wait to pick one(or two!) up.I have to agree with Mini-Rock,Sidious and Luke arent the best in the wave.

DravenUnleashed
04-05-2003, 11:40 PM
I really was hoping for an Alec Guiness sculpt but I guess the kiddies out there wouldnt know who he is if they saw him...

Annoying kid - "Daddy I wanna watch Star Wars!"
Father - "This is Star Wars"
Kid Yelling - "Nuh-Uh! I dont see Obi Wan anywhere or Yoda!"
Me hitting Kid - "Shutup!! This is better than that new crap!!"

Thunderstorm1
04-06-2003, 12:01 AM
I think the entire Unleashed line is awesome. It is something different and they display very will. The only one that I don't 100% like is the Balerina Darth Maul. Other than him they are great. I can't wait for Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett!!!

mini-rock
04-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
I think the entire Unleashed line is awesome. It is something different and they display very will. The only one that I don't 100% like is the Balerina Darth Maul. Other than him they are great. I can't wait for Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett!!!
I think DM displays well with the others, but on it's own I'd put it just slightly above Jango & Boba. I know what you mean about Yoda, Han, and Boba. These are going to ROCK!!:)

IJG, your right I do think Obi-Wan is the better figure of the bunch, but like the insane posing of Luke & Palpy too. :)