PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite EPI Character?

humsup
08-17-2001, 09:29 PM
Mine will be Mace Windu.

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 02:09 AM
if they ever make him, that Rodian in the blue jumpsuit cheering for Anakin at the podraces. He's cooly-cool...

humsup
08-18-2001, 02:37 AM
Its alright, it need not be an AF. Any character in the EPI movie you think is real cool and if its not an AF already, then maybe we can post a thread in the "Hasbro" section to get it made :)

the master jedi
08-18-2001, 11:41 AM
My overall favorite character from any of the star wars movies isYoda.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 01:07 PM
Watto and Sebulba were both really cool.

But I really want Jabba's Klatooinian bodyguard, and while they're at it, Jabba too.:D

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 03:21 PM
My favourite character in E1 is the arm waving Wookie senator.

matt_ox
08-18-2001, 06:56 PM
Mine is Padme. Only for reasons of looks however. Qui-gon and Mace are cool too.

2-1B
08-19-2001, 12:06 AM
Since I really like Liam Neeson, my favorite is probably Qui-Gon.

That Rodian is hilarious! I hope that if they ever sculpt him, he's allowed excellent arm articulation.

Fulit
08-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Plo Koon. He became my favorite when I read about some of his cool Force powers in the Jedi Force File.

Jargo
08-19-2001, 06:40 PM
I know that a lot of folk go spare when you start saying you love background characters more than the main ones, but I love the background characters more than the main ones. My favourite EP1 character has to be pod racer Teemto Pagalies. I just love the way he looks so much like Spike the dog from Tom and Jerry. I really hope he makes it into 3 scale. There's just something about the way he looks so dumb that appeals to me. he's like the dog that jumps up at the postman or the dog that chases cars. or the dog that tries to bite it's own reflection in the mirror. SOOOOO dumb! :)

I also like big fatty Twi'Lek Orn Free Taa. He's in the new movie so we should get a figure out of him and some decent character portrayal. instead of the usual cough and a spit appearance the coolest characters only ever get.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 09:55 AM
In all honesty, I don't have a favourite EP1 character because I'm an American and we all know it's really spelled 'favorite.' ;)

However, my favorite character would have to be the Shaftmeister General himself, Mace Windu. Can't wait to see him in action in EP2.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2001, 09:40 AM
I'm a Ewan fan, so I would have to say Obi-Wan...

However... Natalie Portman, the great actor she is, brought a lot of regal presence in her portrayal of Queen Amidala/Padme'...

Then there's my girl Pernilla August. She had so much going on with her understated Shmi.

Those would be my picks in no order what-so-ever... I can have three favourites, can't I?

SaeseeTiin
08-22-2001, 01:06 PM
My favourite character has got to be Saesee Tiin (is that not obvious?), followed closely by Watto.

evenflow
08-22-2001, 04:21 PM
Well, Yoda is my favorite charctor in all of Star Wars. So, besides him, it would have to be Qui-Gon Jinn.

Darth Cruel
08-28-2001, 03:15 PM
Darth Maul...'Nuff said!

Jargo
08-28-2001, 05:55 PM
I just thought about another of my favourite characters. Well, it isn't really a character but I love it anyway - that dwarf Nuna that jabba flicks off the balcony of his pod race arena box. Boy that makes me laugh so much:D i love the little squeal it gives as it takes a nosedive. I like the grumpy lookin' Falumpasets too. they remind me of an old flame of mine..............:p

TeeEye7
09-04-2001, 06:42 AM
.....I like Qui-Gon. His self-assurred manner (almost boarderline arrogance) appealed to me. I wish his light sabre martial arts abilities were more refined, though......;)

Lobito
09-04-2001, 05:04 PM
Qui Gonn Jinn...i loved the way he defied the council and his coolness in handling situations. When he was confronted with Anakin's question. "Are u a jedi?" Yep he's my fav.!!

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:02 AM
Gasgano - To many hands to deal with :)

Rollo Tomassi
09-20-2001, 11:34 PM
Mas Amedda and his wobbly tusks and horns, obviously suffering from rickets or scurvy. "Order! Order!"

(no I'm kidding)

Jar Jar Binks!

(no, I'm kidding again.)

Ian McDermid got to be obliquely sublime as Palpatine and he got to chew the scenery as Sidious, so he'd make a good choice, but no...

I'm gonna go with that Rodian, also. Scopa Parraco was his name, retired Bounty Hunter who turned to gambling on podraces and was called back for one last job to take out Qui-Gon by Jabba the Hutt and who died an unglorious death at the hands of a lightsaber in the Episode 1 video game. But that's EU. He's just a party rodian who likes to "raise the roof" when his favorite podracing slave, Anakin wins Boonta Eve Classics...

GNT
09-22-2001, 11:00 PM
oooohhh Rollo we know you have a thing for Jar Jar :D

Boss Nass, I liked him in the movie but his figure is way to shot,thankgod the Power Of The Jedi one is far better than the Episode 1 version :)

bigbarada
09-22-2001, 11:15 PM
Senator Palpatine is probably the most interesting of the main characters, since on the surface he seems like a genuine caring person. However, if you watch his performance closely you can see hints of evil creeping in around the corners.

He was also the only human character in the movie who didn't act like he just had his frontal lobe removed.

Jargo
09-23-2001, 07:14 PM
When i first saw EP1 I thought Ian was just bored and over acting as if he was in pantomime or something. Then on subsequent viewings I realised he was attempting to show the duplicity of Palpy as he deals with the Queen. He thinks she's not very smart being so young and treats her with contempt "No, stay." The way he says it now fills me with admiration for Ians acting (which unfortunately in the hands of George looks too stylised) as he acts lying through his teeth with such aplomb. He dripped sarcasm in every scene. Even the really horrible tagged on one with Rick in the background looking like a total plank in that hat. Hated his costumes though. I thought they made him look like a character from Disney's Cinderella. I kept expecting to see Humpty Dumpty come round the corner. Anyway, BB's point is well seen.
I still think Pernilla August was the best actor in the whole movie though. Very subtle and understated performance given the crap she had for lines. I actually nearly shed a tear when she said "What does your heart tell you" Very moving scene and probably the only point in the movie where the music matched the film it accompanied.

Sith Worm
09-24-2001, 12:10 AM
I would have to say the Maul becouse he had the biggest impact on the movie and he didn't have more than two lines!

Dferguson
10-23-2001, 08:41 PM
I would have to say my favorite is Darth Sidious and I know i am going to get flamed for this :eek: Jar Jar
for some reason he doesnt get on my nerves and is pretty funny
and obi-wan and Qui-gon

oh well there goes my favorite thought you could only have one
but i got 3 or more :p

jsb21
10-26-2001, 04:59 PM
Mine is Mace Windu.

Wolfwood319
10-27-2001, 12:40 PM
For favorite characters, I like Qui-Gon, Watto, or Sebulba.

On the otherhand, characters that are just plain cool, my vote goes to the Rodian (I love some of the more "out-there" EU stories that get made, like the one for this guy.) Rodians rock, not as much as Duros, but they rock hard enough.

Jayspawn
11-05-2001, 03:00 PM
Qui-Gon Jinn and Padme' are my favorites!

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 07:26 PM
My all time favorite in all of Star Wars is Anakin/Vader. From Ep1 I also really liked Jar Jar, Watto and Sebulba.

As for obscure background characters, I pick Dud Bolt everytime!:cool:

Tycho
11-11-2001, 10:28 AM
Qui-Gon in Episode One.

Then: Palpatine (sometimes first actually), Shmi Skywalker, and Padme/Queen Amidala. A lot of talent in this cast.

I think Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker will be my favorite characters throughout everything.

This has no bearing on action figures, though I really like Obi-Wan's E2 figure from what I've seen.

From Episode One specifically: I think Queen Amidala and SaeSae Tiin have great figures. Plo Koon is pretty nice. Of the Jedi, the Naboo versions were the best. Tessek is my favorite if he can count as a Quarren from a background scene. On an E1 card? Watto has grown on me.