PDA

View Full Version : What othe toy lines do you collect?

Prince Xizor
04-06-2003, 09:27 PM
I would guess most of us here collect Star Wars toys at one point or another, but I am curious as to what other toys everybody collects, or has collected?

Right now I am working on:
Star Wars
Lord Of The Rings
Marvel Legends
TMNT
Muppets
Star Trek: Nemesis & Borg
Spider-Man Classics
X2: Movie
Reservoir Dogs: 12 Inch

In the near furture I plan on getting McFarlanes Matrix, Twisted Land Of Oz, and a couple of the T3 toys. As well as Halo toys, and Art Asylum's Marvel Minimates. I wish I could start up with the new Lord Of The Rings figurines but I just can't afford to start those.

So what do you collect?

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Star Wars, some Hot Wheels, might try to get some upcoming McFarlane movie stuff (bought his Metallica stage set and loved it), and I have a few things from different lines I bought because they interested me when I saw them like Disney and Ty beanie things.

Jayspawn
04-06-2003, 10:21 PM
I love these threads! I collect...

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Masters of the Universe
Star Trek
Reservoir Dogs
Spiderman Classics
Marvel Legends
X2 and other assorted Marvel figures
Muppets
12" 007 by Sideshow
12" Universal Monsters by Sideshow

Kidhuman
04-06-2003, 10:24 PM
I don't really collect much outside of SW, but I have:

The Yellow Submarine Figs.
Austin Powers Figs.
Some Starting Line-up
Some Simpsons

I just sold my Robotech Figs. I also have the Christopher Walken Sleepy Hollow Figure.

Darth Jax
04-06-2003, 10:36 PM
i collect anything in the 3 3/4" scale for star wars along with any 12" or unleashed figures that interest me. am starting with the new TMNT line.
have several of the McFarlane music sets after getting Metallica. hopefully he'll produce a new line-up to include Rob Trujillo. look for anything bearing a resemblence to the Punisher. have the austin powers figures. along with the sports cards and assorted starting line-up figurines, that about sums it up.

Sentinel18725
04-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I'm doing Star Wars, GI Joe (both 12" and 3 3/4"), and I collect the Code 3 vehicles for the Chicago Fire Department.

Amy
04-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Cool thread:) I collect..

Star Wars
Lord Of The Rings
He-Man
Superheros(X-Men,Spider-Man,Batman so on and so forth)

I dont collect the Marvel Legends however, because as wierd as it sounds, I like the 5' figures alot better:).

bobafrett
04-06-2003, 11:29 PM
I collect mostly the Star Wars stuff, especially anything that is 3 dimensional, like figures and sculptures. Other than that, I have started collecting the Muppets and I also have the Metallica Stage set, as well as the individual Metallica figures. I also collect any Sammy Sosa or other Cubs figures.

jpak001
04-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Aside from SW:

Marvel Legends
LOTR
various marvel figures (from Spiderman, and movie lines)
various McFarlane Movie Maniacs (plus the upcoming T3 line)
various Gundam figures

Oh, and I just started collecting the Marvel Studios 12' line - I'm diggin' those! I'm looking forward to the Halo figures and the all Aliens/Predator movie maniacs line. And I will always get the various random figs that I just like (headless horseman set, Berserk Guts, etc...). :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Hm, what other lines do you collect, aka: "So, just how broke is everybody on these boards??!" :crazed:

Star Wars
Simpsons
Lord of the Rings
Marvel Legends (not all of them mind you, if i like the character, i buy it)
X2 (at the moment, collected the X1 figures too as well as the original 1990's line of X-men!)
McFarlane (Various, have all the Beatles figures and the Movie Maniacs i like)

Think that's it. :D Cheerio!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Star Wars
Tortured Souls - the coolest figs EVER!
Movie Maniacs
Old Xmen 90's
Old Star Trek from toybiz early 90's
Muppets
Simpsons
Gi Joe from the 80's

kool-aid killer
04-07-2003, 07:50 AM
I collect Star Wars, LOTR, and TMNT. Ive thought about getting the x-men marvel legends figures too.

Darth Cruel
04-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Other than Star Wars, i collect anything that meets my requirements to be an outstanding figure. Right now that is:

LOTR
Marvel Legends
Marvel Studios 12"
And odd figures that combine great sculpts, great paints, great articulation, and NO ACTION FEATURE GIMMICKS such as the super poseable Spider-Man and Green Goblin from the movie, The Hobgoblin from the Spider-Man Classic line, and assorted 12" S.W.A.T. figures from different lines like 21st Century.

PoggleTheGreater
04-07-2003, 09:18 AM
I used to collect Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Incredible Crash Dummies, Jurassic Park, some G.I. Joe, some Hot Wheels, and Lego; but got rid of most of it to get more Star Wars toys.

Adam
04-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Star Wars
Transformers
Marvel Legends
One or two Marvel Studios
Gamepro Command and Conquer figures, and some Nintendo
Blizzard Entertainment Figures (Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo..)

bobafrett
04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Hm, what other lines do you collect, aka: "So, just how broke is everybody on these boards??!" :crazed:

Let's see, with what I've spent on my Star Wars habit, as well as the other "toy's" I've purchased, I could have had a nice down payment on a house. I hope your Happy G.L.!

Patient Zero
04-07-2003, 12:27 PM
SW, some Farscape and various horror figures (tortured souls, movie maniacs, any werewolf figures, etc.). I, more so, collect figures because I think that they are cool and not because they are apart of any line.

Darth Cruel
04-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Adam - What Command and Conquer figures? Where can I get an eyes-on them.

Prince Xizor
04-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PoggleTheGreater
I used to collect Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Incredible Crash Dummies, Jurassic Park, some G.I. Joe, some Hot Wheels, and Lego; but got rid of most of it to get more Star Wars toys.

Oh man, I forgot all about those toys! Crash Dummies rule! I used to have some of those as well.

Damn, I'm gonna go to my basement and see if I can find them....

Exhaust Port
04-07-2003, 02:15 PM
I only have a couple vises:

Simpsons: World of Springfield
Star Wars 12"

I also have a couple of the following:

12" Monty Python
Bandai, Toynami, Yamato Macross/Robotech Valkyries.

smurfvader
04-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Masters of the Universe
Marvel Legends
Star Trek
Monty Python Holy Grail 12"
Evil Dead
Muppets
LOTR
Popeye
some Buffy TVS figures (I kind of stopped collecting these do to the fact they aren't sold anywhere, but my comic store plus at more than 12$ a figure it wasn't worth it)
Some Movie Maniacs (I buy the characters I like)
some Universal Monsters
some DC Heroes (I'd buy more, but these too are expensive)
I'm probably going to buy the MP Holy Grail figures when they come out and stop collecting the 12" because I can no longer get the two that I am missing.

JIm

aceguide
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Select LOTR
Harry Potter Legos
Select McFarlane Hockey (GO AVS!!)

Indirectly through a 6 yr old - Pokemon, Playmobil Knights
OK - It's all "indireclty" through a 6 year old - but it's fun to support their needs and wiches!!

RooJay
04-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Star Wars
Simpsons WOS
Lord of the Rings
Muppets
Movie Maniacs (though I skipped on most of the last ones)
Marvel Legends
DC Direct Justice Society
Sideshow Toys Universal Monsters, James Bond, Monty Python, etc.
He-Man
Disney Racers (these things are freakin' cool!)
Mattel Justice League

JediTricks
04-08-2003, 12:23 AM
I've trimmed it WAAAAY back from last year due to financial constraints AND products I'm not interested in.

Of the non-SW lines I still collect:
- MOTU
- Transformers
- TMNT
- Star Trek
- Lego
- Batman
- Gundam (US figures only, no Japanese or model kits)

I don't collect all of any of those lines though, I get what I like and don't worry about the stuff that doesn't suit my tastes.

I've got tons of stuff that I've retired from and just enjoy what I have such as Superman, Hot Wheels, Spider-Man (only because Toy Biz can't top what they've already put out recently), Voltron, MASK, and probably more I can't think of right now.

Adam
04-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
Adam - What Command and Conquer figures? Where can I get an eyes-on them.

Released so far is :

1) Mammoth Tank w/ mini GDI and Nod Soldiers
2) Flame Tank w/ minis
3) Stealth Tank w/ minis
4) Havoc (Commando) w/ weapons
5) Orca 2 Pack w/ minis
6) Tanya (From Red Alert Series)

Havok has an odd head sculpt, he doesn't look anything like the Havoc from Renegade. But you never saw his face in the original, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I haven't seen Tanya yet.

Actually the only one I've bought is the Flame Tank... I'll get Havoc pretty soon though.

Havoc (http://www.diecastexpress.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=EF98235B-67D5-11D7-86AC-00508BAE0365-9661956&productID=101464&maincatID=10464)
Orcas (http://www.diecastexpress.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=EF98235B-67D5-11D7-86AC-00508BAE0365-9661956&productID=101469&maincatID=10464)
Stealth Tank (http://www.diecastexpress.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=EF98235B-67D5-11D7-86AC-00508BAE0365-9661956&productID=101466&maincatID=10464)
Flametank (http://www.diecastexpress.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=EF98235B-67D5-11D7-86AC-00508BAE0365-9661956&productID=101411&maincatID=10464)
Mammoth Tank (http://www.diecastexpress.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=EF98235B-67D5-11D7-86AC-00508BAE0365-9661956&productID=101410&maincatID=10464)

No pics for Tanya, but I think she's on the back of either Havoc's or the Stealth Tank's card.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-08-2003, 03:12 AM
I collect only Star Wars religiously, mostly standard figures and Lego, but I'm also really into:

Transformers PVCs
Simpsons
Muppets
Occasional McFarlane figures (Love the Where the Wild Things Are and Movie Maniacs---especially Ed Scissorhands!)

..and upon uncovering a bunch of my old Transformers recntly, and buying the Starscream reissue, I've gotten sucked back in, and have begun hunting down Takara reissues on Ebay!

Hey, it's only money.

Here's a picture of some of my non-SW stuff:

aharry
04-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Here's the list:

Star Wars
He-Man (figures only)
Marvel Legends
Spider-Man Classic(not all of the Spider-Man varieties; i.e. Water-Gun Spidey; but the villians and one version of Spidey. I really kind of consider this and Marvel Legends to be the same toyline)
Gundam 1/144 models (I enjoy putting them together)
And these tiny Godzilla figures, I think they are called capsule figures??? I always seem to find them only at toy shows in small plastic bags. Anyway, thought they were cool and bought a few of them.

Probably will give in to the Hellraiser figures when they come out, so I may ax one or two of those in the list.

plasticfetish
04-08-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Hm, what other lines do you collect, aka: "So, just how broke is everybody on these boards??!"
Hah! Oh so funny and oh so true.

The original guideline was "Spacemen, Monsters, Heroes and Robots". Years ago I'd buy things from this line or that ... mostly sci-fi or movie related and a lot of vintage American and Japanese robot stuff. It's been scaled down a bunch to include ...

... lines that are "living", "dead", current and vintage:
Star Wars - vintage to modern.
Star Trek - Playmates
Mars Attacks - Trendmasters
Resident Evil - Toy Biz (giving in to the Palisades line soon.)
Micronauts - vintage (maybe Palisades also, if they can fix the line.)
Microman - Takara reissue stuff mostly (if I can find/afford vintage I'll buy.)
Neo-Microman - Takara.
Neo-Henshin Cyborg - Takara.
Transformers - vintage to modern, Japanese and American.
Shogun Warriors - vintage (Mattel.)
Japanese vinyl toys - vintage and modern. This is pretty wide open, the vintage stuff covers a variety of heroes and monsters (various companies) from the '70s ... the modern stuff tends to be mostly (Bandai) Godzilla.
Pee Wee's Playhouse - have all but Cowboy Curtis.
Aliens - Kenner (I couldn't resist this line.)
Gundam - Bandai

+++ a bunch of other random things, like (as aharry mentioned) Japanese "capsule" or "candy" toys ... Ultraman, Godzilla, etc. Cheap, addictive little things that clutter my desk drawers and every nook or cranny.

Most of the odd things tend to be for my son now, who also enjoys He-man, Star Wars, Transformers and Gundam. He (we) are looking forward to the new Mattel Batman line.

187-Maul
04-13-2003, 09:50 AM
I collect:

Starwars (the reg. figs and Unleashed)
Mcfarlane (Spawn lines, Movie Maniacs and many more, although no sports)

QLD
04-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Let's see....for me.....we have.....

Star Wars
Marvel Legends
Lord Of the Rings
Movie Maniacs
Starting Lineup (all Atlanta players and Charles Barkley only)
McFarlane SportsPicks (only a few)
Metal Gear Solid
Austin Powers
Movie Maniacs
Street Fighter 2
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Wrestling Figures (very few, as they don't make any good ones yet)
Babylon 5

I also plan to collect the new classic Star Trek figures, they look amazing

Darth Cruel
04-15-2003, 08:19 PM
OK add Command and Conquer to the list of lines I collect. Thanks Adam.

stillakid
04-18-2003, 12:17 AM
I was at Target today and saw the JUSTICE LEAGUE figures for the first time. I see that Roojay collects them. Anyone else? All they had were Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman. I haven't decided if I'm going to break down and buy them yet. Anyone have any thoughts? Do you like them? Any reason to not get them?

RooJay
04-18-2003, 12:46 AM
I LOVE them! If they were more a bit more articulated, they'd be perfect, but I think they're great nonetheless. Of course, I'm a huge DC fanatic so any Justice League figures are pretty cool in my book (except for the DC Direct stuff - they're great also, but you've gotta be rich to collect those figures!). If you were interested in them, you probably should've grabbed that Wonder Woman figure when you had the chance! She actually ships two per case (not shortpacked, really), but scalpers seem to think she rare (thus potentially valuable:rolleyes: ) so she seems pretty hard to find right now.

Roufuss
04-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Ugh... too many...

G.I Joe 3 3/4
DBZ
Gundam
Transformers (Armada, US Reissue, some Japanese Reissue, and the Heroes of Cybertron PVC's)
TMNT
Star Wars 3 3/4
Marvel Legends
He-Man
Movie Maniacs
Random figures that I like out of the Spawn line
Some LOTR
DC Direct: Almost forgot these, loving that Brianiac 13

I can't even think of anything else... why too much cash down the drain.

bobafrett
04-18-2003, 01:09 AM
I picked up the 12" Marvel Studios "Blade" figure. Unlike most of my Star Wars toys, I think I'll have to get this one out of it's box. I might pick up the 12" DareDevil figure, they both look good!

seth_quinn
04-18-2003, 01:43 AM
Art Asylum's Borg Assimilation figures look awesome, they are slated to come to Canada so I'm just sitting here squirming in my seat waiting impatiently.

the only other thing I'm really interested in is the American McGee - Alice figures. (and I honestly can't believe that no one else listed them!) what a brilliantly twisted spin on a classic children's fairy-tale. I only have Alice and the Cheshire Cat right now but I'm looking to unload a bunch of old Joe stuff, some comics and some snes games to fund an all at once purchase of the others, and fill in the few gaps in my sw collection.

Adam
04-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
OK add Command and Conquer to the list of lines I collect. Thanks Adam.

Well I did buy Havoc today, and I am unimpressed. With the way they posed his legs, and his lack of articulation, you can only do one pose with him.... the vehicles seem to be good though.

stillakid
04-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
I LOVE them! If they were more a bit more articulated, they'd be perfect, but I think they're great nonetheless. Of course, I'm a huge DC fanatic so any Justice League figures are pretty cool in my book (except for the DC Direct stuff - they're great also, but you've gotta be rich to collect those figures!). If you were interested in them, you probably should've grabbed that Wonder Woman figure when you had the chance! She actually ships two per case (not shortpacked, really), but scalpers seem to think she rare (thus potentially valuable:rolleyes: ) so she seems pretty hard to find right now.

Hmm, there were exactly two WW on the pegs. Where are my keys....

Patient Zero
04-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Here is the next toy fad: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/18/offbeat.iraq.dolls.reut/index.html

sith_killer_99
04-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Well, I used to collect a few different lines, now it's almost exclusively Star Wars. However, I am also into:

Transformers Commemorative Re-releases
DC Direct (Green Lantern related only)

I tend to stick mainly with the 3 3/4 inch stuff, I just started with the ships 2 years ago.

I am however, itching to get my hands on those lovely Marmit figures, especially Fett.;) I could easily have bought him with the money I spent on my Imperial Shuttle....

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Here is the next toy fad: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/18/offbeat.iraq.dolls.reut/index.html

:confused:

Why I ask? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Ha ha, it's Baghdad Bob.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Ha ha, it's Baghdad Bob.

ROFLMAO!

I haven't heard that one yet! Hilarious!

bobafrett
04-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna

That's almost as bad as the Bombed out house, for 12 inch GI Joe type figures, that JcPenney had in their Christmas catalog. I would include the link, but when I went back, they state that "the item is no longer available".

JediTricks
04-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I was at Target today and saw the JUSTICE LEAGUE figures for the first time. I see that Roojay collects them. Anyone else? All they had were Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman. I haven't decided if I'm going to break down and buy them yet. Anyone have any thoughts? Do you like them? Any reason to not get them? 0 accessories + $7 a fig = JT not buying 'em.

Roufuss
04-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Hell yeah, I agree with you.

Those Batman two packs are almost worse now, two figs for 10.99, with no accessories and barely any articulation.

Hell, two Marvel Legends figures runs that much, and those things are about 3 times as big, have better sculpting, and LOADS of articulation.

stillakid
04-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
0 accessories + $7 a fig = JT not buying 'em.

What are you talking about? They come with a clever little stand thingie that spells "JUSTICE" when you collect the lot. ;)

What really bugs me are those multi-packs. I mean, I would love to get an Alfred, a Poison Ivy, and any other of the characters, but the only way to do that is to buy Batman and Robin umpteen times over again. For cryin' out loud, if they just offered these things fairly, they might sell. I wouldn't buy ten Batmans just to get 5 B-characters for my kids and I sure won't do it for myself. What moron in marketing thought this idiotic plan up?

Roufuss
04-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Dude, it's Mattel.

Nuff said.

RooJay
04-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Actually, the packs Stillakid's talking about were from Hasbro!:crazed:
With the Mattel multi-packs you only have to buy one extra Batman figure each!;)

bobafrett
04-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Today I found the 12" Marvel Punisher, what A wicked looking figure, armed to the hilt. Putting him up next to the 12" Blade figure!

JediTricks
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
I don't understand Mattel's initial handling of their new DC licenses at all, sure the future looks better for both Batman and Justice League, but why sacrifice the current market to get there? Look at these animated Batman figs, sure the new Catwoman is a cool figure, but she doesn't even have her whip! Granted, the Batman figure repaints that come in these 2packs are all attractive repaints instead of Neon Camo Assault Batman figures from Hasbro, but nary a batarang or even a resculpt?!?