PDA

View Full Version : How much will SARS affect new shipments of STAR WARS toys?

JEDIpartner
04-07-2003, 11:46 AM
I was just reading an article about how some products (including toys) are not being shipped or are under consideration for being held from shipment due to SARS. A Toy Trade Show was cancelled due to the "mysterious" illness.

I was wondering if anyone had a thought on the matter.

Patient Zero
04-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Interesting! Could this explain why this years figures are so difficult to find?

bobafrett
04-07-2003, 11:48 AM
I know there is another thread on this somewhere already.

LTBasker
04-07-2003, 12:17 PM
There is sort of, it was actually talking about stopping Hasbro personnel travels to the Orient because of it. Shipments is a different thing.

It'll likely slow distribution if it gets worse, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

Exhaust Port
04-07-2003, 01:21 PM
It'll be similar to the affects of the Longshoremen strike this last summer. We'll all get the toys eventually, we'll just have to wait longer to do it.

Kidhuman
04-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Well I am glad that shipping is delaayed because I am flat broke at the moment. Kinda helping me keep some sanity not seeing all the figs I can't get.

Patient Zero
04-24-2003, 10:47 AM
I don't want to be bothered with starting a new thread and this is semi related. Is anyone on the forums from the Toronto area. I have been hearing massive problems with SARS infections around there. I was talking to someone the other day who said that their high school was shut down for a few days because afew of the students came down with it.

The Overlord Returns
04-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
I don't want to be bothered with starting a new thread and this is semi related. Is anyone on the forums from the Toronto area. I have been hearing massive problems with SARS infections around there. I was talking to someone the other day who said that their high school was shut down for a few days because afew of the students came down with it.

I am from Toronto. All I can say is that the media coverage of SARS in the city has been far too overreactive.

All cases are still traceable back tot he original person....and the disease hit its peak here in late march.......cases have been steadily dropping since.

The WHO didn't help matters yesterday by jumping the gun on it's advisory listing.......without all the current information at hand.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-24-2003, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't worry about the SARS epidemic too much anyway. How many people have died since the outbreak over a month ago? A little under 300? How many has influenza (or even diarrhea) claimed in that time. Much more.

Besides, I was at a Target yesterday and I saw them unloading a brand new shipped box from overseas. In fact, I was right there when they opened it and put them on the shelf *cough *cough and I saw no warning or anything about the SARS epidemic *cough *cough. Everything should be fine. (I feel a little woozy, I think I should lay down now).

Jedi Master Silas
05-05-2003, 12:46 AM
I made the same comment to my husband a few weeks ago and he thought I'd flipped. Do they have an educated quess of the life of SARS without a host?