PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter on DVD

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know, will the COS DVD force us to play a stupid little game just to watch the deleted scenes?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2003, 10:52 PM
JabbaJohnL- I don't believe so. I think that WB got alot of complaints about that (I was one of those who had to wait for Easter Egg hunters to post the secrets on how to get into the deleted stuff) and are going to change it. It's fun for kids, but i'm an old man of 21, i don't have time for that stuff, just gimme my extras. :D

Beast
04-07-2003, 10:53 PM
No, you won't have to jump thru hoops to access the deleted scenes for CoS. They are almost the first thing that pops up when you insert disc 2 from the set. Thank all the complaints from people about the first set for that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
04-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Great! I'm really looking forward to this disc.

Pendo
04-08-2003, 03:42 AM
I HATED the 2nd disk. It took about half an hour to get through a game to something that wasn't even worth watching :mad:! I'm glad WB got the message :).

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
04-08-2003, 09:53 AM
I spent about 15 minutes jumping through hoops and never did get to the extras. Still haven't seen them. :)

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Anyone know what the best price on this DVD is on release day? I've seen it advertised at Best Buy for $17.99.

icatch9
04-08-2003, 10:16 AM
We are getting it for $12 or $13 at TRU. We reserved our copy a couple of weeks ago and the final price will be well under $15.00. I think Target has it exactly at $15 with a free two leiter of Coke.

Still, we could have another price war like with AOTC, but don't count on it. Any DVD of this magnatude around $15 is a great price :).

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Media Play is advertising it for $15 with the option to buy the Gremlins DVD for $5. Anybody see the matchup rationale here?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2003, 07:03 PM
That's good news to hear! I can't wait for this DVD to come out!

Amy
04-08-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm glade I'm not the only one that hated that little game lol. I am really looking foward to this DVD, since I never seen it in theaters(I wanted to, but was afraid I would be bothered by screaming kids lol)

Looking foward to friday!:D

icatch9
04-09-2003, 09:02 AM
I saw it 3 times in the theater and was bothered by screaming kids all 3 times. The last time was at a second run theater in wich a gourp of teenagers were acting very stupid. Anyway, they were asked to leave and then it was a lot quiter.

I'm real excited about this movie too. Won't be able to watch it until late Friday night, but it will be great. The deleated sceens seems awsome!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2003, 06:41 PM
So far it looks like TRU has the best price. Can anyone beat icatch9's claim?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2003, 05:44 PM
I saw it twice at the theater. The second time, there were girls, like 14 or 15, screaming, going "ew ew ew" and saying "Oh my God" when the spiders would come on the screen. I wasn't bothered by screaming little kids, but by screaming teen girls. :crazed:

One more day . . .

aceguide
04-18-2003, 02:25 PM
I now own the DVD and am very pleased. The extras seem cool, and the youngster played with the features for hours (even better!).

Did anyone else find that a few of the deleted scenes would have made for a better movie? I wich film studio execs were not so gun shy of a long movie.

Oh well. Thumbs up on COS DVD. Now just waiting for June to read HPV.

Capitan_Moroni
04-18-2003, 08:45 PM
I like the deleted scenes on this one. Having read the books myself I was glad that they added some of those back in; like where the Malfoys sell that dark arts stuff at the shop, and where Gildiroy Lockheart gives them the exam about himself.