PDA

View Full Version : Another 4 Figures Rumored/Revealed for 2003?

Beast
04-07-2003, 09:41 PM
The same person who sent in the larger picture of the Hoth 4-Pack, sent The Private Universe a list of 4 figures scheduled by Hasbro for October. One of them was one that was announced earlier in the year, and then was changed to Wedding Gown Padme. Myself and others predicted that they would be releasing the originally announced figure at a later date. Here's the list. Note the 5 digit numbers correspond to how Hasbro numbers their figures for retailer order sheets. :)

ScoopTrooper's 2nd piece of news for the day was the first, I believe, mention of some forth coming figures for 2003...

84724 Super Articulated Storm Trooper 10/03
84843 Padme in Tatooine Travel Outfit 10/03
84723 Ayy Vida Nightclub Twilek 10/03
84718 Slease Bagano (Elan Sleazebaggano) 10/03
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
04-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Cool...more Stormtroopers. I wonder how "super articulated" this new one will be.

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Well I guess we will have to just wait and see. Anything can happen in the crazy world of Hasbro, right?

Beast
04-07-2003, 10:07 PM
The Super Articulated StormTrooper could refer to the concept version. Hasbro's website is down right now, so I can't check out the numbers. Either that or it could be a repackaging of the Commtech one. Either way, the other three figures make up for it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I don't know, Bagano is kinda lame, they better put the antenna's on his head and not pull another Sing deal.

Turbowars
04-07-2003, 10:14 PM
You know I was thinking, what good is a order # when a retailor can't order a full case of one figure? What's the point?

Beast
04-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Well, they're actually antenna, like what's on Greedo's head. Not a retractable metal antenna like on Aurra's head. As for the code numbers, that's probably just for refrence info I believe. Especially for stores that have to have all the UPC codes on file. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
04-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The Super Articulated StormTrooper could refer to the concept version. Hasbro's website is down right now, so I can't check out the numbers. Either that or it could be a repackaging of the Commtech one. Either way, the other three figures make up for it. :)

I hope it isn't the Sketchtrooper because I have no interest in purchasing it or the other 3 figures. A re-packaged Commtech version is ok and I would most likely buy it...If I can find it.;)

That sounds kind of selfish, but please bear with me. I haven't bought a new figure since my wife found Ephant Mon in December and I'm going through collectign withdrawls.:D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2003, 10:29 PM
I bet the supertrooper will have articulated ankles at least, like the new bobafett and probably swivel arms on both arms and perhaps elbow joints, which they shoulda done in the first place. Sleezbagano I can do without. I really didn't like that character and then I found out what his name was and then I totally despised him!

the other two are cool though and I'll always invite a new stormtrooper into my home.

Jerjerrod
04-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Cool, another Stormtrooper is always welcome. I agree with JJB, I have a feeling it might be a CTC repack, not that I'm complaining. That Stormie is "super-articulated", plus it looks good too, so another one will surely add to a unified look with all my other CTC Stormies. If it's an all new sculpt, that will also be great. Hopefully, it will look even better.

I'm also excited about the Padme travel gown, hopefully she stands neutrally, as it is only logical for her to stand in that outfit.

I'm not too thrilled about the other two. But I'll see...

bobafrett
04-07-2003, 11:46 PM
I love the Stormtrooper, and would buy yet another Stormtrooper. I'm just itching to get my hands on some new figures though, so almost anything would do!

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Would love to see the Stormtrooper get made, maybe they can put some ball-joints on his shoulders.

Padme I might get, but only if it is a good face sculpt.

The other two I couldn't care less about. Boring Boring Boring. Give it a lightsaber, and I might buy it.

mark2d2
04-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Okay, I'll definitely get the Padme.

What is up with all these sexy Twi-lek's?
It started with Oola...
who was quickly joined by Lyn Me
the red one one form Jabba's box followed...
last month it was that legs askew Jedi Chick...
...and now we're to get yet another.

This is Sexy Twi'lek Chick overload!

Why are all you fanboys so into them?
Just because they are all played by
sexy actresses in mesh clothing....

Oh, aha! Now it all makes sense. ;)

Man oh man. Do I as a fan feel slighted.
You fanboys get all that.
And what am I left with?

Orn Free Taa...
A bulky and bloated Bib Fortuna...

It's not fair! Where are all the sexy buff
and shirtless male Twi'leks? Where is Amy?
I really need somebody to back me up....
:D :evil: :sur: :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 01:16 AM
ok, here's a question about the nightclub twilek. . . is it the green one or is it the pink one played by GL's daughter?

Beast
04-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
ok, here's a question about the nightclub twilek. . . is it the green one or is it the pink one played by GL's daughter?
It's the red and yellow one, that's hanging around with Ahmed Best's charecter. The purple and yellow one, who was played by Lucas' daughter is Lunae Minx.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/ayyvida/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-08-2003, 01:34 AM
I hope they make GL's daughter in the future, it will go well with my upcoming Ahmed Best figure and a nice Ani figure if I ever get one. :)
Unless it's that specific Twi-Lek, I'm not interested in other versions.

Heck yeah! Bring on Elan Sleazzy, sounds like a sure-buy from me.

Padme is a definite, the Tat Travel Oufit should look pretty cool.

MEH,
I'm tired of stormtroopers so I won't be buying any new ones. However, of all the figs to repack / resculpt, THAT is the kind to do . . . I know many people want to buy multiples, so they should be released in regular intervals. :)

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-08-2003, 01:55 AM
I REALLY hope that's a newly-sculpted Stormtrooper. A repack of the Commtech one is something could live with, but a newly sculpted one would make up for the stupid sketchtrooper. I hope to God this isn't just a mistake and they're referring to the sketchtrooper.

I'll definitely buy Padme and the Twil'lek, and maybe Elian months later, after an army of them have accumulated at Wal-Mart.

Jargo
04-08-2003, 05:44 AM
The commtech stormtrooper is great but for the fact that he has humongous feet and his legs are posed funny. Looks a little too casual and like he drinks at The Blue Oyster Bar. If you catch my drift. not that there's anything at all wrong with that in any way shape of fashion but a whole army of stormtroopers with effette poses isn't going to instill fear into my four inch galaxy. That said the more stormtroopers the better. I have an inkling they might end up ding something similar with stormtroopers to the clonetrooper three pack. Stormies in different poses. That would make sense but then again why do that when you can just re-release the commtech stormtrooper.
Aay Vida is good news, I was really hoping for her when they announced the second nightclub alien. Elan is okay but not terribly exciting but he does give us a lowlife scumbag that we haven't had for a while now. Too many goody goddy Jedi this year and last, too many jangos. Nice to get a different villain for a change.
Padme I'll wait for better information. I'm hoping her cloak is removable and underneath she has on that really nice white get up. It's the only time she looks really hot in the whole movie when she comes out of the homestead to see Ani and the sun is behind her and she well, just looks hot, the black leather outfit doesn't suit her but this white tatooine one does. Drifting, back to subject, Yeah the padme will be good if they ever get round to making the rickshaw with droid or the Lars clan. Pictures will determine whether or not i'll buy it. Hated the broccoli holding padme so hopefully they'll do this one better.

aceguide
04-08-2003, 08:08 AM
New figures are always good. With all the complaining you'd think I could find ONE new release on the pegs....

InsaneJediGirl
04-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Not bad,I'll probably pick up the Padme and Sleazzy..Wonder if he comes with Death Sticks?I don't see why not,Hasbro can get to the kids and put a "Stay Off Drugs" insert;)

The CTC isn't too bad,I think I'd rather buy the army builder pack though.Gonna open them anyways:D

LTBasker
04-08-2003, 11:49 AM
The Stormtrooper is likely super articulated as in super pre-posed to the point where only a few joints are useful. :rolleyes:
If it is just a CTC Stormy repack then where the heck are they getting the super articulation? It may have joints, but they're just for show really cause it's not like you can make a lot of good poses with them, that's the point of articulation: multi-posing. :crazed:

The Twi'Lek we could do without, or she could be in a Nightclub pack, she's virtually useless basic carded and I'd rather see a new basic white Clone in her place. Elan is interesting but in a BoShek wannabe kinda way.

Padme was expected anyways so eh.

TheDarthVader
04-08-2003, 01:31 PM
All of these sound good to me. I will be picking up one of each if the rumor is true. More padmes were expected...they will probably try to make more and more night club characters and that is alright by me. I hope they make that chick in red. She's hot!! :)

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Well new rumors and figs. Good to hear Hasbro hasn't gone strictly clone wars for the fall.

evenflow
04-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, i will buy them. Better than the damn Clone War figures.

Beast
04-10-2003, 02:49 AM
The Private Universe updated with the new list of figures, that Jargo posted elsewhere. But that lists puts the "Super articulated StormTrooper" as being Coll. 1. And the "Imperial SketchTrooper" as being Coll. 2. So maybe they arn't the same after all. Which is cool for army builders and collectors who want more Stormies.

Plus there is a new Collection 2 Obi-Wan listed as '84717 Obi Wan 10/03' on the list. Who is set to be released at the same time as Ayy Vida and Elan Sleazebaggano. Which suggests that they may have once the three figures from the rumored "Outlander Club" screen scene that was cancelled. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RussUAE
04-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Turbowars. This list was posted by the Private Universe, and was relating to the UK only. Retailers in the UK get cases of only one type of figure, rather than assortments. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes not. At least it meant Ephant was available in big quantities.

That said, very few retailers ahve much in the UK now anyway - all online.

Turbowars
04-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by RussUAE
Turbowars. This list was posted by the Private Universe, and was relating to the UK only. Retailers in the UK get cases of only one type of figure, rather than assortments. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes not. At least it meant Ephant was available in big quantities.

That said, very few retailers ahve much in the UK now anyway - all online. Turbowars????? What? I think you mean good old JJB:)

JangoFart
04-11-2003, 01:24 AM
Elan Sleazebaggano - of all the dip-**** names! They should have never named him that outright ignorant name. It's been changed, but the new one is still one of the worst names to ever come out of the SW universe, IMO.

"OK, here we have some sleaze-bag trying to push some death sticks on Obi-Wan. Anybody got any ideas for a name for this character? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?" - from a transcript of the pre-production EP2 brainstorming session. (OK, not really, but GEEEESH!)

I'm inclined to not buy the figure just because of that damn name. (Although, knowing me, I'll get it the first time I see.) But, it's the principle of the matter! :)

J

J

Beast
04-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Most of the names in the Star Wars Universe have that slightly goofy quality to them. Especially the secondary charecters. So I don't mind this one either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks