I saw that one already.

Oh wait....

that was Zoolander.

scruffziller
04-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Snoop Dogg wasn't in Zoolander.

Exhaust Port
04-09-2003, 10:08 AM
He might of been. I had my eyes closed for most of the movie.

OH THE HUMANITY!!

bobafrett
03-03-2004, 02:48 PM
This movie is coming out, and I used to love Starsky & Hutch (the show, not the guys). Anyway, go to VH1.com and enter the Starsky and Hutch sweepstakes for a chance to win a cool prize package, especially if you are into the movies and music of the 70's! Oh, and the big prize is a state of the art home theatre system (8 track player not included).

(why am I telling them this, it only reduces my chances of winning)

Kidhuman
03-03-2004, 04:50 PM
For one thing, I am glad they made this a comedy. I will see it when it comes to PPV but will not waste my money in theatres.

Tonysmo
03-05-2004, 09:12 PM
I for one cant wait to see it..

I love his work..

"I've always had a thing for blondes.."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I saw this tonight and it was freakin' hysterical!! Great flick!! Had the perfect balance of action, 70's silliness and comedy. Check this one out if you can. cheers!! :D

Silent Chazz
03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
"Good cuz I'll take anything."

Dang, this movie was AWESOME. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are comic geniouses.

2-1B
03-07-2004, 04:41 AM
I thought Ben Stiller blew in this movie. I mean he was entirely unfunny (well except for that character he played at the end). Believe me, I normally like Ben Stiller but he didn't do it for me in this film.

But it's still a fun flick thanks to Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Will Ferrell. Heck, I didn't expect much from Snoop but I thought he did a nice job !

Carmen Elektra, Amy Smart, and George Lucas' girlfriend Brande Roderick were all cool.

Juliette Lewis is a skank and I find her nauseating.

That band at the bat mitzvah - was it the same band from Old School? I think so, I think I remember that guy "modifying" the words to Total Eclipse of the Heart. :D

RooJay
03-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Saw it last night and loved it! I always enjoyed the original series, though I was never a huge fan. I thought this movie was absolutely great fun!

I'm hoping for a CHiPs comedic movie adaptation - I was a much bigger fan of that show! Give me Wilmer "Fez" Valderama as Ponch and I'm good to go. :D

A couple of thoughts on Starsky and Hutch:

- Anyone else notice how Juliet Lewis seems to have become set dressing rather than an actress? It seems she's in lots of movies lately, but always in a tiny role that doesn't amount to much of anything. It took me quite awhile before I realized that was her on screen - they didn't really even show her face much until the last act of the movie. Her character did absolutely nothing in this movie and could easily have been played by an extra.

- Also, I thought they kind of gave away a bit of the ending with that slap Vince Vaughn gave Snoop Dogg. You just don't slap big Snoop like that and get away with it! Even if he's paid to get slapped on camera. :D

Hellboy
03-08-2004, 09:29 PM
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I expected to. I think the reason this film worked is due to the movie playing out like any random episode of the tv show. It didn't go to over the top and become something fans of the show didn't recognize like so many other television to film adaptations before it. I was entertained and would recommend this film to anyone who watched the tv show.

"Now make an angry face, like a dragon, yeah like that." :crazed:

Tonysmo
03-14-2004, 05:28 AM
Saw it.. and to quote a forumite.. "Meh"

I generally like these guys. The movie wasnt bad. it just wasnt entirely funny. I went in with high expectations I guess. I wanted to laugh so hard that I wanted to cry.. It didnt happen. A few funny moments. but lackluster in my opinion. The cameo was a neat addition. Wilson was great. I still think he needs to fix his nose though.. that bugs me to no end. Maybe it was the character that made stiller not-as-funny.. maybe cause I had a 4 year old b*tching about a happy meal in front of me at the theater.. grrr..

anyhow, I watched School of Rock that night. Much better flick.

bobafrett
03-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Saw it.. and to quote a forumite.. "Meh"

I generally like these guys. The movie wasnt bad. it just wasnt entirely funny. I went in with high expectations I guess. I wanted to laugh so hard that I wanted to cry.. It didnt happen. A few funny moments. but lackluster in my opinion. The cameo was a neat addition. Wilson was great. I still think he needs to fix his nose though.. that bugs me to no end. Maybe it was the character that made stiller not-as-funny.. maybe cause I had a 4 year old b*tching about a happy meal in front of me at the theater.. grrr..

anyhow, I watched School of Rock that night. Much better flick.

WHAT? Do you remember the girl from dirty dancing, Jennifer Grey I believe her name was, anyway, she had this funny looking nose, but it gave her character, then she went and had it fixed, and now I don't even recognize her. I like Owens nose, you know it's Owen when you see him in any of his movies.

Turbowars
03-14-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm with Tonysmo, It was OK, but yeah I thought I would laugh more.

Tonysmo
03-15-2004, 04:15 AM
I see where your coming from Boba.. but I've always thought Jennifer Grey was hot.. Nose job or no nose job.. I'd recognize her anywhere.. :crazed:

RooJay
03-15-2004, 03:23 PM
I doubt Owen Wilson would be hot either way. Probably best that he keep the nose for easier recognition. ;)

darthzirock
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Clooney close to playing MAGNUM P.I.?
Website reports that a deal is being worked on

Dateline: Wednesday, March 17, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL,
Source: Yahoo Movies

Yahoo Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808514111) is reporting that George Clooney is "close to signing" to play the big screen version of MAGNUM P.I.. The site also reports that LL Cool J is the leading candidate to play Magnum's helicopter flying buddy T.C.; reportedly, the Cool J met with producer Brian Grazer to discuss starring in the film.

The site's source also says that location scouting has begun in Hawaii, and that the buzz is that the movie will begin shooting within the next six months.

MAGNUM P.I. ran during the 1980s on CBS and starred Tom Selleck as the moustached detective. The movie version is in development at Universal Pictures, with screenwriter Michael McCullers (co-writer of the last two AUSTIN POWERS movies) writing the script. The movie version of MAGNUM borrows a page from other TV-to-film titles like THE BRADY BUNCH, CHARLIE'S ANGELS and more recently STARSKY & HUTCH by turning the big screen outing into a comedy.

OK, see what this leads too? Instead of Clooney doing that live-TV version of THE THING, we get this because STARSKY & HUTCH made $$$!

RooJay
03-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Fantastic! I loved Magnum P.I.! Sounds perfect to me, and I can't wait to see it! :D

JediTricks
03-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Clooney is a talented guy, but totally wrong for the character (that certainly goes double for LL Cool J as TC), just as he was wrong for the character of Batman/Bruce Wayne. Tom Sellek has an authoritative, experienced personae that works for the Hawaii private investigator that Clooney's smug half-smile acting doesn't really replicate\. Another problem I'd have with this project is that nearly all the main characters are still acting and still look roughly the same, enough so that THEY could be believable in another Magnum PI project.

RooJay
03-20-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll agree that it might be best to get the originals involved, but I'd have to disagree about all the rest. Clooney has always seemed to exhibit all the traits you claim he lacks and I think he'd be perfect for the role. Likewise with LL as TC - I think he might even be more memorable than the original. Also, Clooney as perfect as Batman at that particular time; it was the director that was all wrong.

JediTricks
03-21-2004, 06:17 PM
I don't think even Burton could have turned Clooney into a good Batman, he was dead-wrong for that role, everything from voice to mannerisms to speech patterns was the wrong fit; at least Keaton had that "holding back the boiling tides within" thing going on.