PDA

View Full Version : The world keeps spinning and we don't have pics of the concept stormi.

mylow thehutt
04-08-2003, 08:18 AM
:( How long has it been since fan choice 4? we went throught FC 5 and we still don't have good pics of the concept stormi,this is nuts we ephent mon 2 mounths after the votes this is more like 2 to 3 years.Stormi:cry:

Beast
04-08-2003, 08:35 AM
It's not been that long. Fan Choice 4 was only last year. 5/03/2002 to be exact. We've seen the design diagrams and they were planning to premire him at Hasbro's big toy show. But he wasn't quite ready. Rumor has it they they were having trouble with the lightsaber. Which doesn't matter, since the figure wasn't going to be out until Fall anyway. He'll probably be shown at one of the upcoming cons. Along with Bail Organa and etc. BTW, we didn't see Ephant Mon pictures quite that quickly either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-08-2003, 10:59 AM
I'm ready for it when they are... :happy:

Jargo
04-08-2003, 01:41 PM
I'd rather see the dignitaries to be honest.

Beast
04-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Agreed with Jargo, I'm more intrested in seeing the Dignitaries over some cheesy concept figure. It's not a bad one, but I've said from the beginning that they should have either done the SpaceTrooper from ANH, or a boxed set of the main charecter concept figures from the OT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-08-2003, 02:16 PM
You guys suck! :mad:

just kidding... ;)

I still want this figure... I think it's kinda cool looking. I want the Dignitaries as well... but this one-- I like!

Jargo
04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Oh I most definately suck. But i have to admit I'm a little curious about the sketchtrooper. Will he too have big feet? will the saber look poo and will it actually work? was it worth the bother?

But I'd just rather see the figures of the dignitaries seeing as those are two figures we were actually asking for long before any sniff of the sketchtrooper. see? :)

JEDIpartner
04-08-2003, 02:26 PM
:)

LTBasker
04-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Rumor has it they they were having trouble with the lightsaber.

Well that was predictable, they're crazy. :crazed: I'm glad these sabers definitely won't be made for the rest of the line, we'd never see another (Dark) Jedi figure. ;)

I wouldn't mind the seeing the Dignitaries soon though, the Sketch Trooper is like Durge, concept ain't that great but it should be an interesting piece. However the Dignitaries would just be more useful to see, I wanna know if they'll have removeable hats like Lott. :D

Jargo
04-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Apparently they'll share body parts like the nightclub figures so presumably they'll essentially be the same figure with new heads. At least that's how i read the news and reports a wee while back. That could work, the costumes aren't that different body wise, if it means getting both heads I'll take two with the same body painted differently. I can always customise in some more differences in the robes and the pose of the arms or whatevwer but getting heads right is not easy.

Be really weird if the sketchtrooper turned out to be a fantastic figure. I have money budgeted for just such an occasion where I will snap this thing up faster than a junkie snorting at a bowl of Coke. If however it's a really bad figure I'll just buy up some more royal guards or whatever.

mark2d2
04-08-2003, 04:56 PM
This fig holds very little interest to me.

Sorry.

I find the whole idea of it to be . . . just very boring.

I hope it's cool for all of you though who do want it. :)

DarthChuckMc
04-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Years and years and years ago, Kenner, before the dark times, before the Hasbr-ellion, there was an online poll that asked if folks would be intersted in concept figures. I printed it out. If I can find it, I'll scan the pages and post them.

jad
04-08-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm actually really interested in the Concept Stormtrooper. I know alot of you think it's boring. But I guess I have a real love for Ralph McQuarrie's artwork. The early script of star wars also was interesting because it had lightsabers not as a jedi only weapon.

I agree with you JarJar though that it would be cooler to have a pack of concept hero's or whatever, but i'll settle for the concept stormtrooper. Maybe this figure will end up being awsome though, who knows and then they might make more if it's a success.
But as much as people are saying they hate the idea so far I have a feeling there will be a certain amount of prejudgment on this one.

187-Maul
04-13-2003, 07:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to the concept stormie too, I hink it's one of the figures I'm most anticipating this year, I just hope he turns out cool
now show us the pics hasbro!

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 08:56 AM
I really can't see any point in concept figures either. For now there are more than enough characters from the films that need making (or even re-making) and then EU stuff seems much more interesting that concept stuff.

As they've taken up a large part of this thread, what does the other imperial dignatary look like? - I can only remember and find a pic of the original one that was made into the vintage figure (I know this is probably blasphemy to admit, but I don't have my ROTJ video at the mo either to check!)

And by the way, JarJar - you really think we'll see the Bail Organa soon? That is another figure I can't wait for - a key figure if ever there was one. Hey, I just love the Senators.

Beast
04-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RussUAE
As they've taken up a large part of this thread, what does the other imperial dignatary look like? - I can only remember and find a pic of the original one that was made into the vintage figure (I know this is probably blasphemy to admit, but I don't have my ROTJ video at the mo either to check!)

And by the way, JarJar - you really think we'll see the Bail Organa soon? That is another figure I can't wait for - a key figure if ever there was one. Hey, I just love the Senators.
Here are the links to some attachments that I've posted on the forums of the two starring dignitaries. The vintage one we have is Sim Aloo and the one that was in the 4th Fan Choice poll is Janus Greetjatus. They are typically referred to as "The Starring Dignitaries" because they actually appear in the Emperor's Throne Room. But there are actually 5 Dignitaries total in the film, but we only really see the two starring ones clearly, during the above seen. The others may or may not be visible when the Emperor arrives in his shuttle.

Sim Aloo (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=81983)

Janus Greejatus (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=81987)

All 5 of the Imperial Dignitaries (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=42649)

As for Bail? He is one of the 3rd/4th quarter figures due out later this year, so we'll probably see him this summer at one of the conventions for sure. He's one of the few locked in 2003 figures that we've not seen yet. So they have to debut him sooner or later. Along with the rest of the Fall/Winter stuff. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
04-13-2003, 01:01 PM
The picture of the five of the dignitaries looks like some new Techno Band. Too funny.

Jargo
04-13-2003, 03:45 PM
In AOTC there's an old guy and a hot chick walking past the outlander club just as Zam runs into the doorway. The old guy wears an outfit that looks like it could be a dignitary, same style of pointy hat and same ugly dour face. If Hasbro ever made the pair, we'd have a new dignitary style fella and to cap that off a really hot chick immortalised. Although the hot water bottle accessory is not required... :p

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Wow, cool. Thanks Jar Jar. Two dignitaries just a dream come true!

evenflow
04-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Any dignitary will rock, i cant wait for this set.

gibbspaulus
04-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Old men in purple dresses...

I am disturbed that I find this in any way exciting. However, I join the throng and say 'I want one, I want one'

JEDIpartner
04-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Oooohh!! It's a Kylie and the Cardinal screen scene!!! :crazed:

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 09:56 PM
The dignitary on the far left that JarJar posted looks like a Umpa Lumpa (or whatever they're called) from willy wonka's chocolate factory. :) Which two dignitaries will they make...? Probably the "starring dignitaries"...right? I have been waiting for the dignitary since '95 when the new POTF came out. I almost bought a vintage one to satisfy my need but I don't collect vintage. Now I'm glad that I had the patience to wait for these new dignitaries. The dignitaries are mysterious and cool...and I don't know why, but I really like them. I guess because they are "bad" guys. All bad guys are cool. ;)