PDA

View Full Version : As if one Street Fighter movie wasn't enough

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2003, 09:47 AM
The Herald Sun reports, via Moviehole, that plans are underway for Jean-Claude Van Damme to star in the follow-up to 1994's Street Fighter, based on the populer game.
The Muscles from Brussels has been in talks with talent all week, hoping to lock in an ensemble soon.
Australian singer, Holly Valance, has been in talks with Van Damme this week about co-starring in the movie. She would replace fellow singer, Kylie Minogue, who starred in the original. Van Damme is said to have been impressed by Valance - who can apparently kickbox - but according to The Herald Sun the filmmmakers will still be auditioning other actors up until the last minute.
The original film was based on the classic video game, with Van Damme in the lead role and Raul Julia playing the film's main villain.
It's not yet known whether "Streetfighter 2" will be filmed in Australia - as the first one was - but it is projected that it'll get a theatrical release.
Not another one! (http://csnet.nexcess.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1049803464,97201,)

Van Damme back in the theaters, wow it's been awhile. Do we really need another Street Fighter movie? The first one was not all that great, and I do not know how any person can justify creating a sequel. Well, if Van Damme can make it back to theaters, then there's still hope for Lundgren.

scruffziller
04-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Boy maybe there is hope for that Super Mario sequel and Double Dragon Sequel hee hee.

icatch9
04-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Mortal Kombat has/had one of the best story lines of any video game ever. The first movie was good, but wasn't true to the violance of the game. The second one was one big cotume contest with everyone looseing :(. If MK couldn't make it work what chance does SF stand? The first one was kind of goofy, and didn't stay true enough to the game. I think they tried to make it a kiddy movie when they should of made it a bit more mature.

Perhaps SF 2 will be better, but I doubt it. JCVD hasn't had a good movie in years, and I doubt this is going to be it. It's really to bad as he's very talented as a fighter. His acting is good in certain movies. If he's not a fighter, or a soldier, or a cop then it's not worth watching. Oh wait, that's what he's been in all of his moives. So never mind :D.

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 12:20 PM
HAHAHA! This is gonna rule.

I'm all up for horriblely cheesy video game movies. And it doesn't get any more laughable then Jean-Claude Van Dam.

Eternal Padawan
04-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Raul Julia is spinning in his grave. What a horrible movie to have "dedicated" to you after you've passed on. :rolleyes:

Sentinel18725
04-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Raul Julia is spinning in his grave. Didn't he play M. Bison? Wasn't one of M. Bison's attack some kind of weird spinning torpedo move!?

Fulit
04-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Fettfield, you're going to have to quit reporting these stinker movies. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :)

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Ha ha, I'll keep that in mind, Fulit. As for not posting the bad stuff, I do keep a lot of it off here, but sometimes the movies are so bad I have to spread the word. I did keep the Suspiria remake news off here, because that's just not funny, but sad and sick.

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 09:14 PM
I am shocked that theyare making anotherone. The first was horrible. And I thought JCVD was dead. Well his career is now.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Is this an April Fool's joke on us, or Van Damme's career? :D

Man is this a bad idea, and I thought Hollywood couldn't sink any lower. Here's what I don't get, Timecop wasn't bad, why haven't they done a sequel to that instead?

scruffziller
04-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Well they are Making a MK pt 3 based off of the Deadly Alliance game.

Eternal Padawan
04-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
And I thought JCVD was dead. Well his career is now.

I think you've confused him with Jan Michael Vincent. Seriously. I'm convinced JMV died eleven years ago and no one told his corpse, so it's still wandering around. Either that or his body shuffled off the mortal coil and no one told him. Either way, Jan Michael is a horrid poster child for wanton booze and drug consumption gone awry. :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
05-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Well, if Van Damme can make it back to theaters, then there's still hope for Lundgren.

Wow, I must be like that Jon Edwards guy.

"I see a vowel, your dead husband had a vowel in his name-"
"Yes! Yes, his name was Hank!"
"That's exactly the information I was getting from the other side."

Ok, enough of making fun of that idiot, let's get to the news:

Reported by IGN

Could Street Fighter 2 be getting underway soon? The new film (not to be confused with the animated Street Fighter 2) has been rumored for a while now, and the latest "word on the street" is that tough guy Dolph Lundgren (didn't he just retire?) could be re-teaming up with Jean-Claude Van Damme in the video-game based sequel.

According to Kung Fu Cinema, Lundgren recently appeared on ESPN and dropped the SF2 bomb during an interview. The two actors previously appeared together in Universal Soldier.

Lundgreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

El Chuxter
05-21-2003, 02:49 PM
I believe it was Jonna who said it best: "I think I am going to vomit until I throw up."

2-1B
05-22-2003, 03:12 AM
I need Kylie Minogue in the picture, that's my ultimatum. :crazed:

Dolph ?
Well, I don't know why a MOTU remake is out of the question . . . :rolleyes: . . . or maybe he can do Rocky 7 and become the new Apollo character who helps Rocky to win a fight ? :confused:

Eternal Padawan
05-22-2003, 07:28 AM
What's your damage, little boy?! This thing is going to be bigger than the Beatles! It'll smash box -office records! It will spawn sequels and merchandising! Post Breakfast Cereals! Toys! Video Games!

STREET FIGHTER 2 WILL BECOME THE NEW EMPIRE STRIKES BACK FOR FANBOYS EVERYWHERE!

Twenty years from now, people will still be in chat rooms, discussing who was totally cooler in SF2, Dolph Lundgren or Jean Clod Van Damme!!