PDA

View Full Version : New Indiana Jones Figures!! (merged)

icatch9
04-08-2003, 10:55 AM
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=6&show_article=1114

Go to this web site to find out the info. Very cool, but the likeness isn't there. Still, a must have :D.

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I don't like the Indy figure at all. It brings shame to the surname Dr. Jones and I share.

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2003, 11:42 AM
I agree, JBF. They don't look very nice at all. I wonder what the "Sallah" figure will look like. I don't think I've ever seen John Rhys-Davies as an action figure before.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-08-2003, 11:49 AM
If you've seen Gimli, you've seen Rhys-Davies as an action figure. He's the guy who played him, i believe. :D

icatch9
04-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Yea, Gimli and JRD are one in the same. I also think Salla had a figure that came out in the first line of figures in the 80's. I think I have him, but I'll have to check.

I agree these figs don't look that good. Chances are these are "first shots" so hopefully the real think will look a little better. I think they are of the likenesses of the stunt people who portray them in the action show at Disney World. Plus, they don't have to pay Harrison Ford and the other actors for their likenesses.

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
These suck. The likeness blows, and so does the articulation. A character like Indy needs a decent amount of ball joints and cuts to pose him like in the movies.

I pass on these.

Dr Zoltar
04-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys, you are right. Forgot about the whole Gimli thing. Though most of his face was covered in that thick beard.

I wouldn't mind seeing the classic Salla figure.

Sentinel18725
04-08-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm just happy to see a return to the original relic hunter. Let's get away from Brendon baby and go back to a true man....Mr. Ford!

Patient Zero
04-08-2003, 02:46 PM
It's a joke....right!?! Those are horrid!

stillakid
04-08-2003, 04:08 PM
I don't mind the others too much, but Marion looks pretty bad. What's with that stance? Looks like she had a rough night with the mister.:eek:

The Overlord Returns
04-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Those things are f'ugly!

Why can't they make decent indiana jones figures? Is it really that difficult?

Amy
04-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Bleh, I hate the likeness on these(as many have already said). At least I will be able to save my money for other worthy figures by passing on these:D.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 02:20 AM
The Indy fig definitely is reminiscent of the previous Disney figure (which I love), but the face on this new one isn't as close as the previous (which is surprisingly good for such a soft sculpt). With those accessories, I'll definitely be buying it. As for Marion, I hate V-crotch articulation and I don't love the sculpt, but I didn't really want a figure of her anyway. I'll wait to decide on the others for when I see 'em in person.

icatch9
04-09-2003, 07:49 AM
It's like these figures are from Indian Jones: The Re-Make. Staring Russle Crow and Cathryn Zeta Jones. Also Staring Feddy Prince Jr., Hulk Hogan, and Dustan Hoffman as the Cairo Swordsman.

Darth Cruel
04-09-2003, 10:32 AM
James Boba Fettfield - Your last name is Jones? Is James your real first name? Is you middle name Earl?

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Ha ha, no I'm not a James. I share the same name as a dead Rolling Stone.

evenflow
04-09-2003, 11:40 AM
I had posted awhile ago a list of Indiana Jones figures I would like to see made. I think Hasbro should pick up the rights and produce them. It would be great to walk into a store and see Star Wars and Indy figures ont he pegs side by side. I will try to dig up that list that i posted a while ago.

evenflow
04-09-2003, 11:48 AM
I found the list

1. Indy w/ gun, pouch, whip, and Gold Idle
2. Indy in German uniform
3. Indy w/ Knife no jacket
4. Indy w/ removable hat & grail
5. Henry Jones w/ removable hat & grail diary
6. Young Indiana w/ cross and dog
7. Marion Ravenwood w/ medallion
8. Belloq w/ map
9. Belloq in Ceremonial Gown
10. Sallah w/ torch
11. German soldier w/ gun
12. German Mechanic w/ wrench
13. German General w/ baton
14. Dr. Shnieder w/ false grail
15. Marcus Brody
16. Knight w/ armor & sword
17. Mola Rom w/ removable head gear
18. Short Round w/ removable cap
19. Willie in gold/red dress w/ diamond & antedote
20. Giant Thugee
21. Cairo Swordsman w/ sword
22. Toht w/ gun & coat
23. Donalvin w/ grail tablit
24. Casim w/ gun (brotherhood guy)

Beast assortment:
25. Sallah w/ red hat with Camel
26. Indy w/ white horse
27. Henry w/ bandana with brown horse

Playsets:
28. Well of Souls w/ snakes, ark, & Cermonial Indy
29. Streets of Cairo w/ Arab Spy & monkey
30. Underground Venice tomb w/ coffins, skeletons, second marking(shield), & rats

icatch9
04-09-2003, 12:24 PM
That's a great list. Don't forget the German who's hand gets burned by the Madalion.

I would love to see these get made. We may get some figs for Indy 4, but that's still a while off.

I don't think this list will get made. Even back in the 80's Indy didn't have a large group of toys supporting him. He only had 3 figs for the sedond movie and none for the third movie. These films aren't kids movies and thus don't get a big toy tie in. Plus, this kind of adventure series isn't in right now. Not even GI Joe is in that much of a demand, and those figs are great.

IMO we will probally get a few figs for Indy 4, but don't expect a big line. Probally less than 10 different figs, more likely 5. Unless these figs sell like hot cakes I doubt we'll ever see a decent main stream line of these made. It's just not in the cards :(.

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2003, 12:26 PM
It would be cool if Indiana got his toy from the man McFarlane in the Movie Maniacs line.

InsaneJediGirl
04-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Bah..These look bad.It seems no one can get Harrison Ford's face correct.

icatch9
04-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
It would be cool if Indiana got his toy from the man McFarlane in the Movie Maniacs line.

Now that's the best Idea I've heard in a long time. We can only hope that it happens. That would be the most badass figure ever!

Eternal Padawan
04-09-2003, 09:34 PM
This brings to mind a thread in the old forums where somebody suggested an Adolph Hitler figure as an exclusive mail away figure in a new Indiana Jones line and the resulting brouhaha that ensued. Anybody remember that gem of a thread? I think it might have even spilled over into a few other forums.

Anyway, evenflows list made me think of that...

Oh yeah, and those new sculpts are f'ugly as many important historians have noted.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
That's a great list. Don't forget the German who's hand gets burned by the Madalion. That's on the list, #22, Toht.

EP, I remember that thread. I still don't think it's a good idea, but it'll be a good way to get an Admiral Ozzel fig. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-09-2003, 11:23 PM
The old kenner figures i've seen look fairly good. These just look horrible beyond belief. I think it's only a matter of time before these get a proper action figure treatment. Maybe some sort of line bringing figures from all the movies. Man, that would just rule. I do bet we get a line for the next Indy movie though. In fact, i guarantee it. I'll at least pick up an Indy figure. (sigh) Cheers! :D

jpak001
04-10-2003, 02:43 PM
As much as I love the Indiana Jones flicks, I just can't bring myself to buy these....

Hopefully someday we'll get a decent line from McFarlane (Like JBF said) or Toybiz. Now that would rule!

RooJay
04-17-2003, 10:48 PM
With all the great figure manufacturers out there today, and with all the great sculptors, and all the great technology...THIS is all we can get in the shape of Indy figures?!!:mad: :confused:

Does anyone know who exactly is that is producing this crap, by the way?

JediTricks
04-18-2003, 03:40 PM
IIRC, it's Applause that is actually handling the design and manufacturing.

Patient Zero
04-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
IIRC, it's Applause that is actually handling the design and manufacturing.

Well, I'm not clapping.

jpak001
04-18-2003, 04:27 PM
That doesn't surprise me, Applause has never been the best at face likeness.........

I'm not clapping either!

Tycho
09-30-2003, 04:07 AM
I saw these in the new Star Wars Insider. Maybe they've been out for a while, but I am getting into watching my Indiana Jones videos and anticipating the DVDs, so I'm starting to drool over these action figures.

I'd love to see bigger pictures of each of them individually and know their exact size.

There's:

INDIANA JONES
MARION RAVENWOOD
KAIRO SWORDSMAN
GERMAN SOLDIER
GERMAN MECHANIC

and I think that's it.

SALLAH would be a nice addition, as would Belloq as a Hebrew Priest, and Belloq in his usual duds, plus INDIANA in German Uniform and as a Egyptian.

The accessories some of the figures come with look cool, too - like the idol, a map of Tanis, Indy's whip and gun of course.

I hope they do a whole line with the German weapons truck, the spy with the monkey on the bike. The Ark of course, the German transport convoy vehicles, Indy on the Arabian horse, and maybe even the U-boat!

Of course TEMPLE OF DOOM and THE LAST CRUSADE need action figures, too!

These are supposedly $8 at Disneyland. If they look good, that's a heck of a bargain over Star Tours figures, considering what you get.

Anyway, love to see closeup shots of these figures if you guys have them. And know the size.

Indiana Jones rocks!

Jedi Tech
09-30-2003, 04:29 AM
This is the only pics I could find

Jedi Tech
09-30-2003, 04:35 AM
And one more.

Jayspawn
09-30-2003, 09:07 AM
They look great! The likeness are quite a bit off, but they're still very neat! The accessories are excellent! I'll definatly be getting them. I have a friend in Hollywood who's a HUGE Indy fan, he'll be picking those up for the both of us.

Does anybody know if these are available yet???

"Hold on lady, we're going for a ride." - Shortround

Dr Zoltar
09-30-2003, 01:46 PM
My sister checked for these at Disneyland about two weeks ago and they weren't out yet.

And I'd also love them to come out with a Sallah figure. And Marcus with a 1930's Rolls Royce as well!

Jargo
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Jeez the figures are swimming in packaging!. Acres of plastic and card and no product. Not the worst figures I've ever seen but a long long way off the best.
Not a line i'll be hunting down in a hurry.

El Chuxter
09-30-2003, 02:03 PM
These look like doodoo.

Sorry, I really can't say more. Those four words sum up all my thoughts on these figures.

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't know...these figures are okay but the big gimmic is that they are new Indiana Jones figures. I don't think I will be buying these. One reason is because I do not have anyone in Florida or Cali that could buy them for me. The other is because I do not feel they are worth the $8 inflated price tag. Ouch! No thank you. But thanks for trying! :crazed:

JediTricks
10-01-2003, 08:13 PM
They have been spotted at Disneyland recently.