PDA

View Full Version : POTF card, have you seen this?

dark_one
04-08-2003, 03:39 PM
I just got a fiure off ebay and Im not happy at all. Description said it was a Jedi Luke on Stormtrooper disguise card, slight damage to the bubble. I won it for only $1.30 so what the heck.

The bubble is completely smashed, its crooked on the card, the font doesnt even match any of my others, and the back of the card I have never seen before.

Has anyone seen this type of card? It is foriegn or was it made by someone like I suspect. The bubble looks as though it was resealed, and the figure looks played with.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 06:29 PM
can we see a picture of the front too?

:)

dark_one
04-08-2003, 06:46 PM
I have also noticed( since I am sitting here staring at it and obssessing) that there are no TM on anything.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 06:55 PM
OMG I can see why you are obsessing on that thing! I'm sorry but I'm laughing really hard right now...not at you but at that "thing" ROFLMAO!

You know, I've no idea but my first thought was that it was a bootleg from another country or something along those lines because of the paint job on the luke, the luke is obviously NOT the POTF Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, but rather the first luke that was released in 1995 in the POTF line and last, the card on the back doesn't look at all familiar to me. But in all honesty, I have NO idea where it came from!

At least you only spent a $1.30 on that thing and it's absurdity definitely makes up for that! I think it's SO crazy, I wouldn't mind having it in my collection :)

dark_one
04-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Sorry but I think I will definitely hold on to this one, if for no other reason than the laugh factor, and a reminder to be careful of what I buy on ebay, If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Glad I could brighten your day a little.

sith_killer_99
04-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Yep, I've seen these monstrosities before, D is correct, this is a bootleg figure. A lot of these were notorious for being on the wrong cards. That's because they would make 1 card and stick different figures on them. I've seen these with Stormtrooper pics even AT-ST Driver pics. One of the big tell tale signs is the misplacement of the bubble, these also usually have weak bubbles.

$1.30 isn't bad, I know a few guys who collect bootlegs.

dark_one
04-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the input. I do believe he is a classic!

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 02:37 AM
I believe this bootleg is from South America. I like how it has Luke Jedi's POTF2 crappy lightsaber accessory and no UPC! :D

LTBasker
04-09-2003, 11:20 AM
He looks like he found Padme's cautsuit and tried to fit into it. Cross-dresser Luke! :sur: :crazed:

They way they did the back is actually kinda nifty, you could cut out the pictures and put'em in a scrapbook or something, not bad since you don't have to buy each figure for the picture.

icatch9
04-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Sorry, you got "taken" but it didn't cost very much. I don't know how the dude listed it, or what picture he showed, but what did you think this was? I mean the figure it self looks so ugly a blind person could tell it was fake.

It's an interesting collectable, but won't ever be worth much. Sorry you got riped off :(.

dark_one
04-09-2003, 01:59 PM
The picture on the auction page was a little blurry and a little small. Just enough that you could see the figure didnt match the card, but you couldnt make out any details. I just saw on ebay today that the seller just bought a lot of six of these things. All different figures but on the same card. They were purchased from a seller in Uraguay. That answers a few questions. I emailed this person and I got no reply. that figures.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-09-2003, 02:11 PM
maybe a $1.30 goes a long way in Uraguay? :D

it's the price of bubblegum here, I don't think it's necessarily that you got jipped since it is always good for a laugh. And just an all around fun piece to look at! :D

Now if it were like 15 - 20 bucks, I might be a little miffed. :eek:

dark_one
04-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I would have to go thru the roof it was that expensive. I did just get an email from the guy, He assured me that those figures are just the way they make them in foreign countries, and they are a really hot collectors item. I got them dirt cheap and should be glad.

Turbowars
04-09-2003, 10:02 PM
I think it's cool, you didn't get taken the seller did. It's a hunk of crap, but at the same time it's cool.