PDA

View Full Version : SE silver trilogy box set Widescreen help

Jerjerrod
04-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Can anybody post a picture of this silver box set? I just won mine on ebay, but the actual vhs cassettes looks different from my fullscreen version. The widescreen tapes each have a white sticker on the top, a bar code sticker on the insert side, and ROTJ has an additional blue sticker on the title side. However, the fullscreen tapes don't have stickers, just silver lettering printed on black plastic. Just wondering if my widescreen set is real or fake. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Jerjerrod

Kidhuman
04-08-2003, 07:42 PM
I think the widescreen came in a silver box. I recently opened my gold box because the Wally world near my house has a bunch of wide screen sets in. I am gonna buy those in a few weeks.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 08:43 PM
mine have the white barcode sticker on them as well, just not the blue sticker you talk of.

here's a pic, not the best but hopefully it's what you are looking for?

Jerjerrod
04-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey DNA, that looks just like mine! I feel much better now that I know you have a real one. Thanks a lot for the pic. :happy:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2003, 11:35 PM
No prob JerJerrod, glad you feel better! :) T'aint nothing worse than feeling you got jipped on ebay!

You'll dig this set I'm sure. Good interviews too w/Lucas.

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 01:39 AM
I just checked, my ROTJ doesn't have a blue sticker either. Is it possible you have one of the tapes from the 2nd release of the SEs? You'd know from the extra content if nothing else, I believe.

Just curious, how much did you pay?

Pendo
04-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
T'aint nothing worse than feeling you got jipped on ebay!

I'm feelin jibbed at the mo. I won the Star Wars Trilogy VCDs on there and they've still not arrived :(. I'll give it till monday then will try and contact the seller. I'd be really urinated off if I don't get them!

PENDO!

Jerjerrod
04-09-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm watching the widescreen Episode 4 as we speak to check for film quality (before I leave feedback). Keep in mind, only ROTJ has the blue stripe, so I'll let you know if that has more or less content. I hate the way he shipped it, no cardboard or newspaper or anything, just a padded envelope :rolleyes:, so the slipcase was seriously damaged. Luckily the tapes look ok.

Btw, I paid $16 plus $6 shipping. The going rate is around $25, I think.

Here's a pic.

r2dee2
04-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
I'm watching the widescreen Episode 4 as we speak to check for film quality (before I leave feedback). Keep in mind, only ROTJ has the blue stripe, so I'll let you know if that has more or less content. I hate the way he shipped it, no cardboard or newspaper or anything, just a padded envelope :rolleyes:, so the slipcase was seriously damaged. Luckily the tapes look ok.

Btw, I paid $16 plus $6 shipping. The going rate is around $25, I think.

Here's a pic.

Mine all have the barcode but not the blue stripe. GREAT deal on that, as the original price was about $40:D

The Overlord Returns
04-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Excellent Avatar Jerjerrod!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I'm feelin jibbed at the mo. I won the Star Wars Trilogy VCDs on there and they've still not arrived :(. I'll give it till monday then will try and contact the seller. I'd be really urinated off if I don't get them!

PENDO!

I have my fingers crossed for ya Pendo!

Here's a lil somthing that might make you feel a bit better. . . my friend, that I met here on SSG, sent me some posters on March 12, I got them just this last monday :crazed:. . . some say the post is a bit slowed down with all the tons of mail going overseas as of late, so it shall come :) Did they give you a tracking number?

JediTricks
04-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Is there writing UNDER that sticker too? That's SO much of a stand-out thing, very interesting and a little mysterious.

Pendo
05-23-2003, 10:20 AM

PENDO!

Woohoo, I recieved them today :D. Better late than never I suppose :).

PENDO!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Woohoo, I recieved them today :D. Better late than never I suppose :).

PENDO!

WOW, you weren't kidding when you said they were LATE??? :eek:

Who did you get them from and why on earth did it take so LONG???

Sure glad you got them though!! :)